Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Slavek
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by McInnis
I’ve noticed he’s pretty much an expert on every single topic though.
Any topic being discussed sends him rushing over to Google.

I do not need Google. In some cases ORIGINAL cardboard box adds value and makes gun easier to sell. One example is rare (<5000 units produced) S&W N-frame .357 with fixed rear sight. Most will be LNIB (current value $1700), therefore, to get max price box & papers are required.

That's one example where your original stupidity post was more right. For example, a Model 25, 27, 28, 29, 57, 58 (and their likeness in stainless steel) in a wood presentation box adds more value than same gun LNIB in a cardboard box. Every other model under the rainbow has value added equivalence with a cardboard box.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by local_dirt

I do not need Google. In some cases ORIGINAL cardboard box adds value and makes gun easier to sell. One example is rare (<5000 units produced) S&W N-frame .357 with fixed rear sight. Most will be LNIB (current value $1700), therefore, to get max price box & papers are required.

That's one example where your original stupidity post was more right. For example, a Model 25, 27, 28, 29, 57, 58 (and their likeness in stainless steel) in a wood presentation box adds more value than same gun LNIB in a cardboard box. Every other model under the rainbow has value added equivalence with a cardboard box.

It is best to find revolver in excellent condition without original box. Naturally period correct box not original to the gun is same as no box. With money saved one can buy some ammo and superior quality gun case.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

It is best to find revolver in excellent condition without original box.
Naturally period correct box not original to the gun is same as no box. With money saved one can buy some ammo and superior quality gun case.[/b]

Wrong.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Naturally period correct box not original to the gun is same as no box. With money saved one can buy some ammo and superior quality gun case.[/b]

Wrong.

Not wrong, paying extra for box not original to the gun is stupid. From functional point of view there is no difference between new S&W revolvers and old ones. Internal lock can be plugged for about $40. Personally I do not understand why people hold lock presence against S&W mgt. The mgt at Glock has been 😘 ... for long time. They used to have dot in pentagon on some guns now all new guns and spare factory barrels have ballistic "fingerprint" on file (3D) so that bullet fired can be traced to specific firearm, yet boomers are perfectly fine with that.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Wrong.

Not wrong, paying extra for box not original to the gun is stupid. From functional point of view there is no difference between new S&W revolvers and old ones. Internal lock can be plugged for about $40. Personally I do not understand why people hold lock presence against S&W mgt. The mgt at Glock has been 😘 ... for long time. They used to have dot in pentagon on some guns now all new guns and spare factory barrels have ballistic "fingerprint" on file (3D) so that bullet fired can be traced to specific firearm, yet boomers are perfectly fine with that.

As usual, you've completely off your post and my response. Read what I highlighted 10 times.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B2

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

73 members (BALLISTIK, 6mmbrfan, 907brass, Akhutr, 7mm_Loco, 10gaugemag, 9 invisible), 1,471 guests, and 945 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,748
Posts18,495,219
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.