Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Hunting Rifles
27 seconds ago
Originally Posted by Mule DeerTom, John Snow has been the shooting columnist for OL since Jim Carmichel retired in 2008. He was a pretty experienced shooter and hunter before then, but because of his job has gained a lot more since then. Hard to follow in Jim's footsteps....but...
see more
6,770 Views · 113 Comments
Hunter's Campfire
1 minute ago
Originally Posted by Idaho_ShooterOriginally Posted by hancoMake it out of 270 WSM brass. I assume this is a joke as 270 wsm is also hard to find. For any thinking of doing so. It is much easier to acheive positive headspace by necking down than by necking up. Powder Valley has...
see more
1,988 Views · 34 Comments
Hunting Rifles
2 minutes ago
QuoteHow do you shoot a 338WM off a bench? 1) I don't, and 2) if I did it would be VERY CAREFULLY....
see more
435 Views · 14 Comments
Hunter's Campfire
3 minutes ago
Mental issues. Female....
see more
180 Views · 3 Comments
Hunter's Campfire
4 minutes ago
No dog in this fight other than to support VG's weather report. I was camped southwest of Wisdom Thursday night preparing for the moose opener on Friday morning. Got lucky first thing on Friday morning about 5 miles southwest of Wisdom and report over 8" of snow. If I knew h...
see more
4,834 Views · 88 Comments
Flyfishing
5 minutes ago
see more
3 Views · 1 Comments
Hunter's Campfire
6 minutes ago
I cut my right thumb down to the bone on a piece of sheet metal 30 years and the side of the pad on mine has been numb ever since. It also produces some wicked pain if pressure is applied in the right spot, I guess over the severed nerve....
see more
854 Views · 15 Comments
Hunter's Campfire
7 minutes ago
Interesting thread....
see more
691 Views · 11 Comments
Miscellaneous
9 minutes ago
see more
29,942,330 Views · 47,142 Comments
Handguns
10 minutes ago
Yessir, I got that one a lil backward. Originally Posted by T_O_MOriginally Posted by BKSI ordered one today, 8 3/8" model. I have a leupold 2x8x32 to mount on it. Just wondering if anyone had any feedback on one? Someone should point out to you that as...
see more
928 Views · 20 Comments
Hunter's Campfire
10 minutes ago
We called them dirt bomb fights and they'll split your younger brothers head open but apparently anything will split a younger brothers head, younger brothers have soft heads. Also everything you throw, on purpose and by accident, is attracted to the head of your younger brother....
see more
358 Views · 11 Comments
Savage Collectors
11 minutes ago
FB I shot some 125gr WW.PP they're useless.. 140gr sierra gamekings shot great.. and what a great trigger that DE has .. best I've ever felt on a 99 plab...
see more
645 Views · 11 Comments
Free Classifieds
12 minutes ago
Bump Buyer backed out on Vortex Scope. Originally Posted by BKSUltra Dot 30mm Silver w/B-Square rings 100.00 shipped SPF Sightron 4 Reticle Red Dot w/ Rings-Black 125.00 shipped Burris 3x12x32mm Handgun scope 200.00 shipped SPF REMINGTONCLASSIC Vortex Viper ...
see more
643 Views · 6 Comments
Handguns
13 minutes ago
Wish I could find out what more I can do for my G19 trigger. I keep adding things and it's getting better, but still not as good as my G41 with the complete Ghost kit....
see more
578 Views · 13 Comments
Elk Hunting
16 minutes ago
My wife hunts with me. We went shopping and I said pick whatever works and feels best for you. Don't worry about the cost. Best decision ever! Was several hundred $, but she's happy and I'm happy. She ended up with Cabelas' OutfitHER outer gear in multiple layer options ...
see more
879 Views · 17 Comments
Hunter's Campfire
16 minutes ago
Charlie, that is the way it is taught in Tennessee. Keep the muzzle pointed in a safe direction at all times and constantly keep monitoring which direction is safe. The OP's statement sounds like the instructor who doesn't want to offend anyone, but the people who would be offend...
see more
287 Views · 12 Comments
Free Classifieds
16 minutes ago
Duplex reticle Scope $235 shipped Mount $35 shipped Scope and mount $260 shipped...
see more
71 Views · 2 Comments
General Big Game
17 minutes ago
.243 with a barnes 80gr ttsx in the neck. That will drop a bear with no tracking. Just like shooting a hog. Or a .223 with same but lighter ttsx....
see more
1,538 Views · 36 Comments
Hunter's Campfire
17 minutes ago
That's a pretty good deal these days. The rifle is an awfully handy hunting tool. Mine is a spare/foul weather/loaner rifle par excellence....
see more
261 Views · 3 Comments
Hunter's Campfire
18 minutes ago
I'm almost done with episode 1. I find Ken pretty apolitical at least with his Baseball and Jazz documentaries - not sure I've seen any others. So far it looks very interesting - I'm always (and never) surprised at the arrogance of the West. France spends 50 years trying to oc...
see more
5,332 Views · 105 Comments
Elk Hunting
20 minutes ago
Originally Posted by HogWildWhat 26 cal bullet would you recommend for elk if your rifle has a 1:9" twist? I'm not an elk hunter unfortunately but I'm surprised no one uses a Barnes X style bullet (like a 120g TTSX or similar). What is the downside of using an X bullet? I...
see more
22,289 Views · 151 Comments
AR and Tactical Rifles
22 minutes ago
Jimmy, I'm running the factory loads right now. I bought 20 boxes of them and they shoot good, so that's what I'm hunting with. I've also ran the 120 SST as a component with several different powders. They accuracy was good with several loads, but the MV didn't match the fact...
see more
321 Views · 5 Comments
Free Classifieds
23 minutes ago
SOLD PENDING FUNDS...
see more
1,724 Views · 9 Comments
Savage Collectors
24 minutes ago
Cool!...
see more
202 Views · 2 Comments
Hunting Optics
24 minutes ago
Still using 2 older models a lot at the range, Zeiss 85 FT-L and a Pentax ED 65. Paid 1100 for the Zeiss and 350.00 for the Pentax. Doubt anything new will beat them....
see more
477 Views · 7 Comments
Page 1 of 68 1 2 3 67 68
AIH 160 1
Who's Online Now
528 registered members (12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 17_wizzer, 2003and2013, 204guy, 01Foreman400, 67 invisible), 1,479 guests, and 677 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod

Copyright © 2000-2017 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.