Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
98% of the time, my hens leave me eggs that look like they've been washed. Rarely is one the least bit dirty looking. Why are so many of the eggs being shown in this thread so filthy?

They can get dirty from multiple hens using same nest, best not to was them as they have a protective coating that helps keep them fresh.

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Nice

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Built this thing a bit over a year ago.
Got one piece of metal siding up to cover the OSB. Was going to get back to it but it's been 14 months. Oh well.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

"The Ballpark burgers were free, why not eat them?"
- Wabi-
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
The wetbacks that bought my family's original homestead are now raising chickens in the house my grandfather was born in.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
wanna see a pic of my COCK?......

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by huntsman22

Mighty colorful.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
No cock pics, please.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by dirt99
Looky here all these fancy chicken coops you caint hide money
Bingo
although, I will admit to having a Mennonite built henhouse.

The yard I cobbled together myself with mostly scrounged lumber from around the 7Acre RANCH!

Did have to get store bought poultry netting and hardware cloth though.

Gawd

What a dis service you just did to the Mennonite community. 😂😂
God gonna send a lightning bolt down on that azz.

lolololololol

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by huntsman22

Welbar ?

Decades of voting for the lesser of two evils has gotten us just that.....
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 257Bob
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Originally Posted by RJY66
Originally Posted by hillestadj
Originally Posted by TheKid
fresh eggs people are as bad as people that quit smoking or got skinny when they get to blowing and going about orange yolks and yaddayadda.

Amen.

Fresh, home grown eggs are no doubt better for you than store bought. They are supposed to have higher Omega 3. But when I look at all the work and expense required to keep chickens, I just eat a can of sardines or 2 a week along with my crappy factory farmed eggs from Walmark's to make up the difference. The orange yolks certainly look better but I can't tell any difference in the taste.

Right now I can get 5 dozen for 10 Bucks which IMO is a steal. That is less than a 50lb bag of chicken food and the Walmark's hens lay year round. Don't have to fight the dogs, cats, coons, snakes and hawks. No feeding, no watering, no shiitshoveling.

The price of that big box of eggs has been about as volatile as Bitcoin since covid, reaching a high of about $20 to a low of about $5. Every time a new round of bird flu hits the price shoots up, then drops as I assume new pullets come online.

Someone once said that people go fishing for other reasons than just fish. I think that is true of small time chicken keepers and eggs.
The superior eggs are just a fringe benefit to the hobby.
Exactly. Far fewer mice and bugs.

I can tell the difference when they are fried over-easy, otherwise not really.
You can also flip them and not break the yolk near as easy.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
fresh eggs people are as bad as people that quit smoking or got skinny when they get to blowing and going about orange yolks and yaddayadda.

Amen.

Fresh, home grown eggs are no doubt better for you than store bought. They are supposed to have higher Omega 3. But when I look at all the work and expense required to keep chickens, I just eat a can of sardines or 2 a week along with my crappy factory farmed eggs from Walmark's to make up the difference. The orange yolks certainly look better but I can't tell any difference in the taste.

Right now I can get 5 dozen for 10 Bucks which IMO is a steal. That is less than a 50lb bag of chicken food and the Walmark's hens lay year round. Don't have to fight the dogs, cats, coons, snakes and hawks. No feeding, no watering, no shiitshoveling.

The price of that big box of eggs has been about as volatile as Bitcoin since covid, reaching a high of about $20 to a low of about $5. Every time a new round of bird flu hits the price shoots up, then drops as I assume new pullets come online.

Someone once said that people go fishing for other reasons than just fish. I think that is true of small time chicken keepers and eggs.

The only real reason that we have chickens is to have something that my two kids can be 95% responsible for.
If they die, they die and it will be on them. Kids have kept them alive for over a year without them starving or running out of water. Not too bad for an 11 and 13 year old.

"The Ballpark burgers were free, why not eat them?"
- Wabi-
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RUM7

Amen.

The only real reason that we have chickens is to have something that my two kids can be 95% responsible for.
If they die, they die and it will be on them. Kids have kept them alive for over a year without them starving or running out of water. Not too bad for an 11 and 13 year old.
👍🏻👍🏻

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

58 members (BlackHunter, blackhawk44, aaronward9, 10gaugemag, big_g270, 9 invisible), 1,522 guests, and 814 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,557
Posts18,510,434
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.