Home

[Linked Image]

[color:#3333FF]Link...![/color][/b]

CORCORAN, Calif. (AP) � [b]Mass murderer Charles Manson has gotten a license to marry a 26-year-old woman who visits him in prison.

The Kings County marriage license, viewed Monday by The Associated Press, was issued Nov. 7 for the 80-year-old Manson and Afton Elaine Burton, who left her Midwestern home nine years ago and moved to Corcoran, California � the site of the prison � to be near Manson. She maintains several websites advocating Manson's innocence.

The license does not specify a wedding date and indicates the couple has 90 days to get married or they will have to reapply.

Burton, who goes by the name "Star," told the AP that she and Manson will be married next month.

"Y'all can know that it's true," she said. "It's going to happen."

"I love him," she added. "I'm with him. There's all kinds of things."

Burton gave an interview a year ago to Rolling Stone magazine in which she said she and Manson planned to marry. But Manson, who became notorious in 1969 as the leader of a roving "family" of young killers, was less certain about tying the knot.

"That's a bunch of garbage," Manson said in the December 2013 interview. "That's trash We're playing that for public consumption."

Asked Monday about those comments, Burton said, "None of that's true," adding that they're waiting for the prison to complete their paperwork.

California Department of Corrections spokeswoman Terry Thornton confirmed to the AP that the license had been transmitted to the prison.

Thornton said each California prison designates an employee to be a marriage coordinator who processes paperwork for an inmate's request to be wed. In most cases, she said, the department of corrections approves of such weddings as "a tool of family reunification and social development." But Manson is a unique case

Burton said the wedding might have happened earlier if Manson did not have "some situations" at the prison.

Thornton explained that in February, Manson had three violations for possession of a weapon, threatening staff and refusal to provide a urine sample. Further details on the violations were not immediately available.

Burton said the prison holds marriages on the first Saturday of each month. She expects to be married in an inmate visiting room at the prison.

Thornton confirmed that Manson can have a wedding at the prison and invite an officiate from outside the prison to perform the ceremony.

He and his prospective spouse also would be allowed to invite 10 guests who are not inmates.

However, as a life prisoner with no parole date, he is not entitled to family visits, a euphemism for conjugal visits.

Why marry Manson under those conditions?

Burton said she was interested in working on his case and helping him obtain possible release. Marrying him would allow her to get information not available to non-relatives, she said without elaborating.

"There's certain things next of kin can do," she said.

She said she believes Manson is innocent and will get a new trial.

He and two women followers, Leslie Van Houten and Patricia Krenwinkel, remain imprisoned. Another follower, Susan Atkins, died of cancer behind bars.

They were convicted in the gruesome killings of actress Sharon Tate and four others at her estate on Aug. 9, 1969, and grocers Leno and Rosemary LaBianca who were killed the following night.

Manson would not be eligible for parole until 2027. He has been a habitual criminal and spent most of his life in prison.
Damn, she looks like Squeaky Fromme!
Definitely has a "crazy, slit your throat while you sleep" look about her...
That's Alanis Morissette...
Naw, she looks sweet as pie!

Batschit crazy woman she is......And the state encourages this kind of schit.
He's 80? Dang! You'd think prison would have aged him more.

Surprised he even made it this long.

And her name is Star? Go figure. Stripper name.
Yep, she's on the extreme side of crazy.
However, as a life prisoner with no parole date, he is not entitled to family visits, a euphemism for conjugal visits.

No conjugal visits.

He can't even sniff it. eek
80? Is this prick ever gonna die? I say give him and those like him zero ink or acknowledgement of any kind. Lock them up and shut the door. Done.
Chuck still looks good.

I find his interviews really interesting. Wonder what is going on in that noggin...how much is pretend, how much is psychosis, how much is for pure entertainment value.

His charisma is off the charts, please don't take that the wrong way people. He's where he belongs.
Originally Posted by sourdough44
Yep, she's on the extreme side of crazy.

Hey, they're both totally insane, so naturally, they should get married and invite 10 people. How stupid is that?
I wonder if they get flowers?

Just think how proud "Star's" parents must be.....

They will be out in public and someone will ask hey I her "Star" is getting hitched......To Charles Manson!@ She must hate y'all!!!!
I look at Manson's face and I see Satan....

Which gives me an instant desire to kill the M.F...

It shows the insanity of our society that Manson wasn't killed by 1970....

And the girl in that pic isn't that bad looking... but goes to show you can never guess what is in someone's head... showing you can't judge a book by its cover...good or bad...

I pray Manson doesn't die of natural causes....SOB needs to suffer the fate of his victims back in 1969...

Daily Mail article on this...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...bisexual--STILL-claims-hes-innocent.html
Hey, maybe Chuckie will see the light, repent, and declare himself a sinner in need of salvation, beg forgiveness and say the magic words soon. That'd make him all good, and a shoo in for Heaven, right? Satan's face and all, and he'd be good to go with just a couple sentences.
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Chuck still looks good.

I find his interviews really interesting. Wonder what is going on in that noggin...how much is pretend, how much is psychosis, how much is for pure entertainment value.

His charisma is off the charts, please don't take that the wrong way people. He's where he belongs.

And when he dies, she inherits the rights to all those interviews etc....yea, she's crazy.....like a fox.
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Chuck still looks good.

And when he dies, she inherits the rights to all those interviews etc....yea, she's crazy.....like a fox.

Yep. I smell a book deal as well.
FROM THE ARTICLE: " ... "There's certain things next of kin can do," she [Miss Burton] said."

There's also something else.

Charlie Manson is one of the richest men in the prison system and I mean "big bucks."

Ever since he was convicted many years ago, people from all over the world, especially women, have been sending Manson money. Of course it is kept in a special inmate bank account, but the money is his property. When he dies, and given that he's 80 years old that wonderful event might not be too far down the road, his property, meaning his inmate bank account would go to his wife.

So the illustrious Miss Burton might just be smarter than she appears.

Easy money plus lots of publicity. A book deal or two, perhaps a movie, guest spots on various teeeveee talk shows, etc.

As the old saying goes, "Money talks and b.s. walks."

EDIT: Just saw some above posters thought of Miss Burton's angle.

L.W.

Originally Posted by 4ager
Hey, maybe Chuckie will see the light, repent, and declare himself a sinner in need of salvation, beg forgiveness and say the magic words soon. That'd make him all good, and a shoo in for Heaven, right? Satan's face and all, and he'd be good to go with just a couple sentences.

Manson came from Hell, and deserves to be returned to Hell..

I don't care what religious tolerance states about Salvation..

If there is a God, I can't see him forgiving Manson for anything....

its not Manson's deeds that piss me off, it is that look in his his eyes... ALL I see is Evil...
Originally Posted by Seafire

its not Manson's deeds that piss me off, it is that look in his his eyes... ALL I see is Evil...

There's people as evil as him all over the place. Probably even more evil... Some in prison, some not.

IF there is a God? An odd statement for a true believer.

I don't recall Scripture mentioning you as one to pass Judgment. Odd, that. I do recall that all he has to do is utter the magic words, though, and voila! Salvation is his. "It is written", dontchaknow...

I don't recall Scripture mentioning you as one to pass Judgment. Odd, that. I do recall that all he has to do is utter the magic words, though, and voila! Salvation is his. "It is written", dontchaknow...

I don't care what God does with him after someone puts a hollowpoint through the swastika between his eyes. Makes a nice bull's-eye. wink
He never actually killed anybody, correct?

His posse did it for him.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

There's people as evil as him all over the place. Probably even more evil... Some in prison, some not.

Very true.
Hate to say it, but my first cousin is a good friend of his from back in the day. Even visits him from time to time in prison. Believe it or not

I don't care what God does with him after someone puts a hollowpoint through the swastika between his eyes. Makes a nice bull's-eye. wink

Agreed. Someone needed to slit his throat and bleed him like a goat 44 years ago.

Yes it does.
Maybe he needs a new beneficiary on his life insurance (or maybe that should be called life assurance).
I'm glad they didn't execute the bastard, being stuck in that place the rest of his life is worse punishment. If they'd fried him it would have put him out of his misery.

That chic looks crazier than he is, look at those eyes.
" ... its not Manson's deeds that piss me off, it is that look in his his eyes... ALL I see is Evil..."

Speaking of same, quite a few years ago when I lived in Los Angeles, I was acquainted with a Los Angeles County Deputy Sheriff, Homicide Detective, who had interviewed Manson several times, as "the ranch" where Manson and his cult stayed was in Los Angeles county high desert area.

Several people had been visiting there and had subsequently "disappeared," never to be seen again. Shorty Shea (sp. ?) was one.

The Homicide detective had been a paratrooper with the 187 RCT, Abn., and had made a combat jump in Korea. He was still in excellent condition and worked out regularly at a gym. He said that just sitting across an interview table from Manson was "scary." He said that over many years in Homicide, he'd arrested and/or interviewed hundreds of murderers but Manson was the only one who ever scared him.

He said he could have broken Manson's scrawny neck with one hand, but there was something so inherently purely evil emanating from him that it was if a satanic spirit were in the room.

He said he was always glad when he finished the interview.

L.W.

Poor Charlie, hasn't he suffered enough? He's been imprisoned for many, many years, Shouldn't he be released. He is rehabilitated now,isn't he?
That "kooky" gal never has to touch him but inherits millions in opportunities, soon.
Originally Posted by byc

It seems evil only ages in cases of psycho ex wives and nasty ass mother-in-laws.
The good die young.

Why would any prisoner be allowed a conjugal visit? The whole point of prison is to remove them from society, including their DNA.
Originally Posted by Miss Lynn
Originally Posted by byc

It seems evil only ages in cases of psycho ex wives and nasty ass mother-in-laws.

No doubt!
Charlie's got no dough.

Does Charles Manson make money by selling things from prison?

The answer is NO.

Manson resides in a maximum security prison and is kept within a special even more secure housing unit within that facility. Manson is not currently allowed to possess art supplies, paints or craft-making materials. By prison rules, Manson is not permitted to sell or trade anything to anyone inside or outside the prison... not autographs, not art work, not drawings... nothing.

Naturally personal correspondence with people outside the prison is permitted, including the mailing out by Manson of letters, drawings and in some limited cases crafted items.

Manson has no income and receives no payments or royalties from any books that have ever been written about him, nor from any music recording that have been distributed by various persons over the eyars, nor can he receive any payment for any media interviews. In fact, he is not permitted to have media contacts unless by special (rare) arrangement through the prison officials.

All mail written to Manson, and all mail sent out by Manson is opened and reviewed by prison authorities and is closely inspected.

In addition, under strict prison rules, no other inmates may posses anything Manson has signed, written on, drawn, sketched or anything else from Manson. Harsh penalties are applied to any inmate found to be in possession of such contraband. As it is a high-security facility, ALL inmate mail is opened and inspected, incoming and outgoing.

While in the "hole" Manson is not permitted to possess postage stamps nor to mail out packages. Letters or correspondence can be sent by Manson if he can obtain postage through the prison or if he can get some prestamped envelopes. No inmates may possess money.

Manson, and other inmates in the special housing unit, are permitted to have money on their "books" - the prison held account - to be used for prison canteen purchases such as deodorant, candy or toothpaste.

The prison does not provide funds to any inmates, they must rely on outside family or friends to remit funds to the institution on their behalf. Inmates in the high security sections are not permitted to engage in prison 'employment'.

Regardless of what amount Manson receives, if any, in no case can he - or other inmate - use more than the small allowed amount per month. Any money Manson or any other inmate might have on their book can only be used for purchase of prison-sold items or used to order items through a state-approved prison vendor, done with permission in advance from the prison.

Inmates in the secure housing section may not join book or music clubs. They do not have checking accounts or credit cards.

The maximum amount of canteen purchases per month for inmates in the 'hole' is $35 per month. The prison does not offer discounts or special pricing- canteen items are sold at or above normal outside retail prices. It is a prison, not a discount store.

Manson does not live a life of luxury. Here are just a few of the things Manson does NOT have:

He is not allowed to possess more than one pair of tennis shoes per year as allowed to all inmates
He can not possess extra clothing
No large number of books or magazines
No extra blankets
No jewelry (home made prison "jewelry" is sometimes overlooked by officials)
No extra foodstuffs beyond that allowed to all inmates
No art supplies
No tape recorder or any type of recording equipment
No computers or any electronic equipment with memory capability
Obviously no Internet access or email (but amazingly, some think Manson sits around chatting and surfing the web all day. In fact, he has never used a computer and has never viewed the Internet at all).
No musical instruments except by special prison permission.

Manson cannot sell things, and even if he could there is nothing he can buy anyway. No inmate has the "comforts of home", it is, after all, a maximum security prison.

So if someone suggests Manson is making money in prison, now you know the facts.
Just another attention Whore looking to get her name in the NEWS
No jewelry (home made prison "jewelry" is sometimes overlooked by officials)

not disputing,but the in the OP,he has a wooden braclet on,looks more than prison made...again not disputing cause I don't know,just an observation,
Man,he does look spooky...
Unless drug induced I can't imagine someone having that much "influence" on people.
how very odd
He never actually killed anybody, correct?

His posse did it for him.

That's correct, he wasn't convicted for murder.

I doubt he is insane either, but more of a serious borderline personality disorder with an ability to easily manipulate others. Other than the Aryan Brotherhood in Corcoran that is...

He's obviously an extremely messed up dude.

Looks like a Nazi Swastika on his fore head. crazy
They should have hung the SOB many, many years ago.
I'd stand back during the cake-cutting ceremony.
OKOK - "Charlie's got no dough."

Yeah, he does, although as you wrote, not in the prison or on the prison book of cash for convicts.

As I posted, people, especially women, from all over the world have been sending Manson money for more than 40 years.

He can't use it... but it is still in his name in a special type of bank account.

I agree with the rest of your post as to how it works in "the joint," regarding rules and regs for convicts.

L.W.
© 24hourcampfire