Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

[Linked Image]

[color:#3333FF]Link...![/color][/b]

CORCORAN, Calif. (AP) � [b]Mass murderer Charles Manson has gotten a license to marry a 26-year-old woman who visits him in prison.

The Kings County marriage license, viewed Monday by The Associated Press, was issued Nov. 7 for the 80-year-old Manson and Afton Elaine Burton, who left her Midwestern home nine years ago and moved to Corcoran, California � the site of the prison � to be near Manson. She maintains several websites advocating Manson's innocence.

The license does not specify a wedding date and indicates the couple has 90 days to get married or they will have to reapply.

Burton, who goes by the name "Star," told the AP that she and Manson will be married next month.

"Y'all can know that it's true," she said. "It's going to happen."

"I love him," she added. "I'm with him. There's all kinds of things."

Burton gave an interview a year ago to Rolling Stone magazine in which she said she and Manson planned to marry. But Manson, who became notorious in 1969 as the leader of a roving "family" of young killers, was less certain about tying the knot.

"That's a bunch of garbage," Manson said in the December 2013 interview. "That's trash We're playing that for public consumption."

Asked Monday about those comments, Burton said, "None of that's true," adding that they're waiting for the prison to complete their paperwork.

California Department of Corrections spokeswoman Terry Thornton confirmed to the AP that the license had been transmitted to the prison.

Thornton said each California prison designates an employee to be a marriage coordinator who processes paperwork for an inmate's request to be wed. In most cases, she said, the department of corrections approves of such weddings as "a tool of family reunification and social development." But Manson is a unique case

Burton said the wedding might have happened earlier if Manson did not have "some situations" at the prison.

Thornton explained that in February, Manson had three violations for possession of a weapon, threatening staff and refusal to provide a urine sample. Further details on the violations were not immediately available.

Burton said the prison holds marriages on the first Saturday of each month. She expects to be married in an inmate visiting room at the prison.

Thornton confirmed that Manson can have a wedding at the prison and invite an officiate from outside the prison to perform the ceremony.

He and his prospective spouse also would be allowed to invite 10 guests who are not inmates.

However, as a life prisoner with no parole date, he is not entitled to family visits, a euphemism for conjugal visits.

Why marry Manson under those conditions?

Burton said she was interested in working on his case and helping him obtain possible release. Marrying him would allow her to get information not available to non-relatives, she said without elaborating.

"There's certain things next of kin can do," she said.

She said she believes Manson is innocent and will get a new trial.

He and two women followers, Leslie Van Houten and Patricia Krenwinkel, remain imprisoned. Another follower, Susan Atkins, died of cancer behind bars.

They were convicted in the gruesome killings of actress Sharon Tate and four others at her estate on Aug. 9, 1969, and grocers Leno and Rosemary LaBianca who were killed the following night.

Manson would not be eligible for parole until 2027. He has been a habitual criminal and spent most of his life in prison.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Damn, she looks like Squeaky Fromme!

One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.
Archibald Rutledge

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Definitely has a "crazy, slit your throat while you sleep" look about her...

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
That's Alanis Morissette...

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Naw, she looks sweet as pie!

Batschit crazy woman she is......And the state encourages this kind of schit.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B2

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
He's 80? Dang! You'd think prison would have aged him more.

Surprised he even made it this long.

And her name is Star? Go figure. Stripper name.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yep, she's on the extreme side of crazy.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
However, as a life prisoner with no parole date, he is not entitled to family visits, a euphemism for conjugal visits.

No conjugal visits.

He can't even sniff it. eek

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
80? Is this prick ever gonna die? I say give him and those like him zero ink or acknowledgement of any kind. Lock them up and shut the door. Done.

It�s a magazine not a clip......

Advice is seldom welcome, and those who need it the most, like it the least.�
- Lord Chesterfield. 1750
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Chuck still looks good.

I find his interviews really interesting. Wonder what is going on in that noggin...how much is pretend, how much is psychosis, how much is for pure entertainment value.

His charisma is off the charts, please don't take that the wrong way people. He's where he belongs.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by sourdough44
Yep, she's on the extreme side of crazy.

Hey, they're both totally insane, so naturally, they should get married and invite 10 people. How stupid is that?
I wonder if they get flowers?

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Just think how proud "Star's" parents must be.....

They will be out in public and someone will ask hey I her "Star" is getting hitched......To Charles Manson!@ She must hate y'all!!!!

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I look at Manson's face and I see Satan....

Which gives me an instant desire to kill the M.F...

It shows the insanity of our society that Manson wasn't killed by 1970....

And the girl in that pic isn't that bad looking... but goes to show you can never guess what is in someone's head... showing you can't judge a book by its cover...good or bad...

I pray Manson doesn't die of natural causes....SOB needs to suffer the fate of his victims back in 1969...

Daily Mail article on this...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...bisexual--STILL-claims-hes-innocent.html

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hey, maybe Chuckie will see the light, repent, and declare himself a sinner in need of salvation, beg forgiveness and say the magic words soon. That'd make him all good, and a shoo in for Heaven, right? Satan's face and all, and he'd be good to go with just a couple sentences.

Last edited by 4ager; 11/17/14.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Chuck still looks good.

I find his interviews really interesting. Wonder what is going on in that noggin...how much is pretend, how much is psychosis, how much is for pure entertainment value.

His charisma is off the charts, please don't take that the wrong way people. He's where he belongs.

And when he dies, she inherits the rights to all those interviews etc....yea, she's crazy.....like a fox.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Chuck still looks good.

And when he dies, she inherits the rights to all those interviews etc....yea, she's crazy.....like a fox.

Yep. I smell a book deal as well.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
FROM THE ARTICLE: " ... "There's certain things next of kin can do," she [Miss Burton] said."

There's also something else.

Charlie Manson is one of the richest men in the prison system and I mean "big bucks."

Ever since he was convicted many years ago, people from all over the world, especially women, have been sending Manson money. Of course it is kept in a special inmate bank account, but the money is his property. When he dies, and given that he's 80 years old that wonderful event might not be too far down the road, his property, meaning his inmate bank account would go to his wife.

So the illustrious Miss Burton might just be smarter than she appears.

Easy money plus lots of publicity. A book deal or two, perhaps a movie, guest spots on various teeeveee talk shows, etc.

As the old saying goes, "Money talks and b.s. walks."

EDIT: Just saw some above posters thought of Miss Burton's angle.

L.W.

Last edited by Leanwolf; 11/17/14.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by 4ager
Hey, maybe Chuckie will see the light, repent, and declare himself a sinner in need of salvation, beg forgiveness and say the magic words soon. That'd make him all good, and a shoo in for Heaven, right? Satan's face and all, and he'd be good to go with just a couple sentences.

Manson came from Hell, and deserves to be returned to Hell..

I don't care what religious tolerance states about Salvation..

If there is a God, I can't see him forgiving Manson for anything....

its not Manson's deeds that piss me off, it is that look in his his eyes... ALL I see is Evil...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Seafire

its not Manson's deeds that piss me off, it is that look in his his eyes... ALL I see is Evil...

There's people as evil as him all over the place. Probably even more evil... Some in prison, some not.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Seafire

IF there is a God? An odd statement for a true believer.

I don't recall Scripture mentioning you as one to pass Judgment. Odd, that. I do recall that all he has to do is utter the magic words, though, and voila! Salvation is his. "It is written", dontchaknow...

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

553 members (1badf350, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 219 Wasp, 25aught6, 12344mag, 62 invisible), 2,466 guests, and 1,243 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,941
Posts18,519,070
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.