Home
It goes without saying that I have not been around here nearly as long as many others. With that said it seems to me that lately there are more and more threads that decay to name calling, call outs, vulgar derogatory personal attacks and etc.

One of the reasons I found this site so enjoyable when I first joined, and still do, was that there was/is a lot of great information available, witty banter, educated and uneducated opinions and civil discussions between members even when they did not agree.

It seems to me now that more and more often any disagreement between members on anything from shot placement to bacon grease distills down to petty name calling, low blows and personal attacks.

There is still plenty of light hearted ball busting, ribbing and squabble between friends and acquaintances that are as fun as ever but the pissin' matches are, well, pissin' matches.

Just hate to see grown men act like middle school kids on such a great site.

Happy belated Thanksgiving to all.

twofish

yup, a bitchfest. you just proved it, bish.......grin
OMG, we gonna have a bishfest about bishin'?!

I can get behind that.

BD
happens every year about this time.
some years earlier than others.
Yep I was thinking about this. Personally I would not be nearly as lippy about things if I knew the people I am spouting off about, or if was face to face with them. I am becoming a troll. I become a real tuff guy behind a key board. Probably best if I STFU.
I guess I must be gettin' ready to start my period. shocked
So you're the campfire time keeper now, eh.
We'll see about that. mad cool
Its been going on longer than you have been here.
Originally Posted by Hawk_Driver
Its been going on longer than you have been here.

I guess I've just been picking the right threads lately for this.
Lets get Big Stick/ Boxer involved and see how long this stays civil !!!!!!!!!!
We have our fair share of azzholes but by god they're our azzholes! grin
You just hadta know it it would be real early in the thread, when somebody hadta start bitchin' about 'stick......
it's what happens when you have a small group of people who sit at the computer night and day, posting on every topic.
some amount of contention and rancor are to be expected on a virtually unmoderated forum. I think overall, we get along pretty good, for a bunch of alpha males. laugh
Stick around, kid. You ain't seen nuthin' yet. laugh
Originally Posted by huntsman22
You just hadta know it it would be real early in the thread, when somebody hadta start bitchin' about 'stick......

While he does have his own style of communicating things you can't argue much about his content. The few things I have read he seems to know what the heck he is talking about and it is always entertaining. Expletives aside I'd guess he could probably write for $$$ if he wanted to.

With Stick you know what your getting going in. I guess I was talking seemingly passive threads that quickly turn into said pissin' match.
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
some amount of contention and rancor are to be expected on a virtually unmoderated forum. I think overall, we get along pretty good, for a bunch of alpha males. laugh

I guess I would have to agree with this. When I first got interested in AR's I spent some time over at AR15.com.

The General Discussion over there which I guess is comparable to "Hunter's Campfire" here is freakin' brutal.

twofish
Fill this out and send it in...

[Linked Image]
I've contributed more than my fair share to the bitchin

Mad at our gov't, angry at folks that seem to support the direction they've been taking our country

would be nice if they could get their act together so we could argue about the important stuff like 06 vs. 270

trying to be better about not getting sucked in to the bitchin, but doubt I've got it mastered yet
If you had a conversation in real life, and people said the stupid schit they say on the internet, they would be made fun of.

So, this forum is basically a bunch of people saying stupid schit, and being made fun of.

That's why we labeled it "the freak show" a long time ago.

Enjoy.

Travis
Twofish, my friend, there's one easy way to limit and eventually eliminate such behavior: don't participate.

It works for me. It'll work for you.
You piss me off.
Originally Posted by twofish
I guess I must be gettin' ready to start my period. shocked

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
After a careful study of the dates of membership of the posters, I think we can solve this if we just shoot the 13ers. grin
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

You mean old fu cks...
Originally Posted by ingwe
You piss me off.

I have that effect on women.

Travis
I bitch because I am....
Fill this out and send it in...

[Linked Image]

Well, as my "feelings" are not hurt I'll not need your form.

So sorry if I piss you off as I was merely making an observation.

Have a nice day. grin
You piss me off.

Now put your teeth in, eat your oatmeal and calm down.
My 'you piss me off ' post was directed at Flave.

But you refusing to fill out the form pisses me off......
Maybe there is too much bitchin'.

If that's the case I say ...

BURN THIS BITCH DOWN !

grin

Originally Posted by Kentucky_Windage
You piss me off.

[Linked Image]
Oh, and this works a little better for me than Midol.

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Miss Lynn
I bitch because I am....

Now, in my experience with members of the opposite sex, that has the ring of... TRUTH!
Originally Posted by deflave
You piss me off.

Travis

Maybe if you would quit making them ride in the open bed of the pickup...

[Linked Image]

Now...we could get into a discussion of Scotch vs. Bourbon and iced, vs. non-iced...

That'll get the bitchin' started!
You piss me off.

[Linked Image]

I call BS. You DO always fart.
You piss me off.

Travis

Dude...in Flaves defense...this IS Montana......
You piss me off.

[Linked Image]

I call BS. You DO always fart.

[Linked Image]

Dogs are expensive.

Women are everywhere.

This concludes today's lesson on priorities.

Travis
You piss me off.

Travis

True dat... He's have to kick the sheep out of the cab for a woman to ride there...

Women are everywhere.

Travis

Not in Montana... Come to think of it, considering the average available talent in Montana, maybe they should ride in the back...
Y'all eating too many leftovers.

Not in Montana... Come to think of it, considering the average available talent in Montana, maybe they should ride in the back...

Don't worry. If you work at it long enough, you'll be able to not live in a schit hole.

Keep your chin up.

Travis

Don't worry. If you work at it long enough, you'll be able to not live in a schit hole.

Travis

Hey, I can hunt year round in my current schit hole. But I could always move to your neighborhood and steal your sheep.

Hey, I can hunt year round in my current schit hole. But I could always move to your neighborhood and steal your sheep.

You can hunt year around here also.

And every other state I've lived in for that matter.

Be careful with the sheep. They kick. A lot. Trust me.

Travis

[Linked Image]

Now...we could get into a discussion of Scotch vs. Bourbon and iced, vs. non-iced...

That'll get the bitchin' started!

No need, Scotch and Bourbon suck!

Go Chili Beans!
It's a wonder you have any shins left... Jus sayin'

I protect them with my cock.

Travis

I protect them with my cock.

Travis

Throwing your pet rooster in the way is just plain cruel.
When you hammer hard on the whiny fhaggits that instigate the crap, they put you on Ignore like the little bitches they truly are.

The ones that don't are too goddamm computer illiterate to figure it out.

Oh well, good times. Least I can still wipe my own ass and don't live in a 12ft trailer. Grins

Karma baby!!!
The fire has many great guys on but a very small group of "Angry Old Men" seam to have very little else int their lives other than to spew anger and hate. I think you will pay a price for challenging the Status quo her on the fire but you are spot on.
NWA, I will be the 1st angry old man to quote the bard and tell you,

GFY.

mike r
It pisses me off when people that cannot spell bitch about bitching on the internet.
You piss me off.

Travis

i was thinking of that, but he might be one of the kind ones, having a mattress back there for them, and a tarp when it starts snowing.

Women are everywhere.

Travis

given the talent available in mt., you would need to position them over the rear overload springs to avoid being lopsided going down the road.
but i can see where they would be an atvantage, for traction, in the snow.
Originally Posted by northwestalaska
The fire has many great guys on but a very small group of "Angry Old Men" seam to have very little else int their lives other than to spew anger and hate. I think you will pay a price for challenging the Status quo her on the fire but you are spot on.

shocked Not thinking you are an "Angry Old Man" doesn't mean that you are not one. First step in the program is admission. Second step is voting " Republican" grin Unlikely you will take the cure. whistle GW grin

Throwing your pet rooster in the way is just plain cruel.

Not here.

That's one of our distinct cultural differences.

Travis
Originally Posted by RoninPhx

given the talent available in mt., you would need to position them over the rear overload springs to avoid being lopsided going down the road.
but i can see where they would be an atvantage, for traction, in the snow.

The coolest thing about all these rural white chicks is they can usually manage to make it through the 8th grade without becoming pregnant.

Another distinct cultural difference between here and the southwest.

Travis

Your choice for president is doing GREAT.

Laughin' my ass off...

Travis

Could you please translate that into English?

And since I have some time on my hands while I'm waiting for the translation,,,,,
[Linked Image]
It goes without saying that I have not been around here nearly as long as many others. With that said it seems to me that lately there are more and more threads that decay to name calling, call outs, vulgar derogatory personal attacks and etc.

One of the reasons I found this site so enjoyable when I first joined, and still do, was that there was/is a lot of great information available, witty banter, educated and uneducated opinions and civil discussions between members even when they did not agree.

It seems to me now that more and more often any disagreement between members on anything from shot placement to bacon grease distills down to petty name calling, low blows and personal attacks.

There is still plenty of light hearted ball busting, ribbing and squabble between friends and acquaintances that are as fun as ever but the pissin' matches are, well, pissin' matches.

Just hate to see grown men act like middle school kids on such a great site.

Happy belated Thanksgiving to all.

twofish

Your post is spot on. A few still juvenile, middle school mindset name calling cowards come out of hiding from time to time just to act like the small people they are without fear of retribution.

Overall, however, this is still a great site and the discussions of current news events and the forums regarding custom rifles etc. are informative and still lots of fun in, by far, the most cases.

There are lots of guys posting here who have hunting experience, handgun testing and gunsmithing plus some rifle building experience that is far greater than I have or will likely ever have. Learning stuff from them rather than having to do things the hard and expensive way first is a terrific benefit. One that makes enduring the numbskulls worth the small price of just letting them be the small people they show themselves to be almost daily and moving on.

I have finally learned that trying dialouge or have an adult conversation with several of them is a lot like the old proverb which advises not trying to teach a pig to sing.

I hope that you will be able to hold your nose when these simpletons post and move on to the real conversations like I have learned to do.

If they ever decide to target you for some reason,

"ILLEGITIMAE NON CARBORUNDEUM!"
[b][/b]

Dogs are expensive.

Women are everywhere.

This concludes today's lesson on priorities.

Travis

Of course we are talking about Havre Montana. Chick central as I remember.
well let me just say from my point of view i've had good acceptance on here posting about the increasisng number of dogs run over as one gets closer to Birmingham, Selma, etc.

speaking about rimfire rifles and cooking standards also gather rave reviews, more or less.

but breathe a word about the US getting it's arse kicked out of Ho Chi Minh City at the hands of the war criminal Johnson and his closet supporters will cause an uproar. why, the US never lost a war, certainly not the "Nam debacle. Sure.

but other than a few senstive topics i find this site populated with mostly docile pussycats who'd much rather talk than fight.
Originally Posted by kroo88

Of course we are talking about Havre Montana. Chick central as I remember.

Homer, AK is probably where it's at for Grade A females.

Travis
I don't recall ever having a problem with anyone on here personally. I don't go looking for drama and don't try to create it.

I was just making an observation. Like I said earlier perhaps I have just been reading more threads here of late that seemed to be more impetuous.

twofish

Homer' s hotties have buzz cuts and ExtraToughs. Anchorage is the nearest place you'll find a skirt worth eyeballin'.

Travis

Travis
I think that is why it is current wisdom to put the rear legs into your boots.
whelennut
Twofish: You are not only NEW to the Campfire you must also be NEW to "going online".
If you think the Campfire is somehow the ONLY home to negative type humans then you simply need to get out more.
I choose to focus on the positive (perhaps theres a lesson there for you?) aspects and interactions here on the "Fire" -and find the Campfire not only fun, entertaining and a place to learn - I have met several wonderful human beings on this and several other websites I frequent.
I have also bought and traded many cool items from folks hereon.
A "bitchfest", hmmm.... - I say readjust your attitude and think positive and look for the best in folks and the inter-actions between them.
If you can't do that then perhaps you should sell your computer?
Heres to hoping you can change your attitude towards, and your perception of life.
I personally get a kick out of this site - always have.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
VG, I think you took my OP the wrong way. I am certainly not new to the internet, online forums or the human element in general. I do look at the positive in most all situations and was merely making an observation. Was the title of the thread perfect? Maybe, maybe not.

I too have met a lot of nice folks here, bought and sold firearms and etc. and learned a ton from folks who are more experienced in many areas than I am.

I think if you read my OP again with a positive attitude perhaps you will see what I was attempting to relate.

Have a good day.

twofish
bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bitchfest thread

hahahahahahahaaa!!!!!!

Travis
whelennut

Now that is wisdom for the ages right there.

Originally Posted by whelennut

Travis

Travis
whelennut

Wheelnut

Only an experienced sheep man would be that wise. grin Shocked that deflave was unaware. GW
This thread has taken a dark turn.

Now I'm wondering about the true inspiration for "Silence of the Lambs," and eyeing deflave suspiciously.
On an historical note, assless velcro chaps were invented in Montaaaana.

mike r
Traveling salesman in Montana, "Hey kid, there is a weirdo out there screwing a goat."
"That's not a weirdo, that's my Daaaaahdy."
© 24hourcampfire