Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by northwestalaska
The fire has many great guys on but a very small group of "Angry Old Men" seam to have very little else int their lives other than to spew anger and hate. I think you will pay a price for challenging the Status quo her on the fire but you are spot on.

Could you please translate that into English?

And since I have some time on my hands while I'm waiting for the translation,,,,,
[Linked Image]

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by twofish
It goes without saying that I have not been around here nearly as long as many others. With that said it seems to me that lately there are more and more threads that decay to name calling, call outs, vulgar derogatory personal attacks and etc.

One of the reasons I found this site so enjoyable when I first joined, and still do, was that there was/is a lot of great information available, witty banter, educated and uneducated opinions and civil discussions between members even when they did not agree.

It seems to me now that more and more often any disagreement between members on anything from shot placement to bacon grease distills down to petty name calling, low blows and personal attacks.

There is still plenty of light hearted ball busting, ribbing and squabble between friends and acquaintances that are as fun as ever but the pissin' matches are, well, pissin' matches.

Just hate to see grown men act like middle school kids on such a great site.

Happy belated Thanksgiving to all.

twofish

Your post is spot on. A few still juvenile, middle school mindset name calling cowards come out of hiding from time to time just to act like the small people they are without fear of retribution.

Overall, however, this is still a great site and the discussions of current news events and the forums regarding custom rifles etc. are informative and still lots of fun in, by far, the most cases.

There are lots of guys posting here who have hunting experience, handgun testing and gunsmithing plus some rifle building experience that is far greater than I have or will likely ever have. Learning stuff from them rather than having to do things the hard and expensive way first is a terrific benefit. One that makes enduring the numbskulls worth the small price of just letting them be the small people they show themselves to be almost daily and moving on.

I have finally learned that trying dialouge or have an adult conversation with several of them is a lot like the old proverb which advises not trying to teach a pig to sing.

I hope that you will be able to hold your nose when these simpletons post and move on to the real conversations like I have learned to do.

If they ever decide to target you for some reason,

"ILLEGITIMAE NON CARBORUNDEUM!"

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
K
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
K
[b][/b]
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Kentucky_Windage

Maybe if you would quit making them ride in the open bed of the pickup...

Dogs are expensive.

Women are everywhere.

This concludes today's lesson on priorities.

Travis

Of course we are talking about Havre Montana. Chick central as I remember.

I retired from the Johns Manville asbestos pop tart factory in ‘59, and still never made the connection.—-Slumlord
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
well let me just say from my point of view i've had good acceptance on here posting about the increasisng number of dogs run over as one gets closer to Birmingham, Selma, etc.

speaking about rimfire rifles and cooking standards also gather rave reviews, more or less.

but breathe a word about the US getting it's arse kicked out of Ho Chi Minh City at the hands of the war criminal Johnson and his closet supporters will cause an uproar. why, the US never lost a war, certainly not the "Nam debacle. Sure.

but other than a few senstive topics i find this site populated with mostly docile pussycats who'd much rather talk than fight.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by kroo88

Of course we are talking about Havre Montana. Chick central as I remember.

Homer, AK is probably where it's at for Grade A females.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

twofish Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I don't recall ever having a problem with anyone on here personally. I don't go looking for drama and don't try to create it.

I was just making an observation. Like I said earlier perhaps I have just been reading more threads here of late that seemed to be more impetuous.

twofish

*Master of random precision*
K
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
K
Homer' s hotties have buzz cuts and ExtraToughs. Anchorage is the nearest place you'll find a skirt worth eyeballin'.

I retired from the Johns Manville asbestos pop tart factory in ‘59, and still never made the connection.—-Slumlord
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W

Hey, I can hunt year round in my current schit hole. But I could always move to your neighborhood and steal your sheep.

You can hunt year around here also.

And every other state I've lived in for that matter.

Be careful with the sheep. They kick. A lot. Trust me.

Travis

Travis
I think that is why it is current wisdom to put the rear legs into your boots.
whelennut

I like to do my hunting BEFORE I pull the trigger!
There is only one kind of dead, but there are many different kinds of wounded.
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Twofish: You are not only NEW to the Campfire you must also be NEW to "going online".
If you think the Campfire is somehow the ONLY home to negative type humans then you simply need to get out more.
I choose to focus on the positive (perhaps theres a lesson there for you?) aspects and interactions here on the "Fire" -and find the Campfire not only fun, entertaining and a place to learn - I have met several wonderful human beings on this and several other websites I frequent.
I have also bought and traded many cool items from folks hereon.
A "bitchfest", hmmm.... - I say readjust your attitude and think positive and look for the best in folks and the inter-actions between them.
If you can't do that then perhaps you should sell your computer?
Heres to hoping you can change your attitude towards, and your perception of life.
I personally get a kick out of this site - always have.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

twofish Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
VG, I think you took my OP the wrong way. I am certainly not new to the internet, online forums or the human element in general. I do look at the positive in most all situations and was merely making an observation. Was the title of the thread perfect? Maybe, maybe not.

I too have met a lot of nice folks here, bought and sold firearms and etc. and learned a ton from folks who are more experienced in many areas than I am.

I think if you read my OP again with a positive attitude perhaps you will see what I was attempting to relate.

Have a good day.

twofish

IC B3

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bitchfest thread

hahahahahahahaaa!!!!!!

Last edited by renegade50; 11/28/14.
twofish Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular

Travis
whelennut

Now that is wisdom for the ages right there.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by whelennut

Hey, I can hunt year round in my current schit hole. But I could always move to your neighborhood and steal your sheep.

You can hunt year around here also.

And every other state I've lived in for that matter.

Be careful with the sheep. They kick. A lot. Trust me.

Travis

Travis
whelennut

Wheelnut

Only an experienced sheep man would be that wise. grin Shocked that deflave was unaware. GW

If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. MACHIAVELLI
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
This thread has taken a dark turn.

Now I'm wondering about the true inspiration for "Silence of the Lambs," and eyeing deflave suspiciously.

If you're fixin' to put a hole in something,
make it a hole to remember.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
On an historical note, assless velcro chaps were invented in Montaaaana.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Traveling salesman in Montana, "Hey kid, there is a weirdo out there screwing a goat."
"That's not a weirdo, that's my Daaaaahdy."

Sean
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

533 members (1234, 1lesfox, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 222Sako, 01Foreman400, 58 invisible), 1,900 guests, and 1,275 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,166
Posts18,523,589
Members74,030
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.