Home
They got 0% for 5 years on all 2014's.

Travis
Last week I was actually wishing Toyota made a 'heavy duty' pickup.
(available in the USA)
I'm good.
Got mine a few weeks before they announced they were discontinuing the model. Worth about 10k more than i owe.
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by SamOlson
(available in the USA)

You oughta get in touch with someone @ Toyota and volunteer to be the cold-weather/rough country abuse tester. Maybe they'd ship 1-2 brandy new ones up for you to "use".
(available in the USA)

I'd never need one, but I would like to see Toyota's version of a 1 ton diesel.

Travis
Originally Posted by deflave

Travis

What'd ya get?
Originally Posted by ringworm
I'm good.
Got mine a few weeks before they announced they were discontinuing the model. Worth about 10k more than i owe.
[Linked Image]

That'll blow the doors off most Subarus.

BAD ASS DUDE!

Travis
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT

Travis

What'd ya get?

They told me to GFM.

Travis
They run 0% APR quite often through the year...in 2013 I got my camry the same way.
I'm good.
[Linked Image]

Very nice looking vehicle, but I've no idea what market Toyota were aiming these at? Are they meant to be an SUV or a "real" 4x4 with the the off road ability to match?
I'd like to get my wife a AWD Sienna van, but we're still paying off the last thing she HAD to have.
Originally Posted by Hunter2678
They run 0% APR quite often through the year...in 2013 I got my camry the same way.

I think they run 0% pretty often but I hadn't seen it for five years before.

Of course, I don't pay attention to that stuff either. If a buddy of mine didn't tell me I'd have never known.

On the 2015's they're doing 1.9%.

Travis
Originally Posted by bruinruin
I'd like to get my wife a AWD Sienna van, but we're still paying off the last thing she HAD to have.

Those vans look like the ultimate drunken road trip vehicle and I'm not kidding.

Travis
Originally Posted by Pete E
I'm good.
[Linked Image]

Very nice looking vehicle, but I've no idea what market Toyota were aiming these at? Are they meant to be an SUV or a "real" 4x4 with the the off road ability to match?
There's a dealer in the town we normally go to to shop at. That model is pretty popular around there. I always thought they were competing with the small model Hummer. Now Hummer is defunct so...
Originally Posted by horse1
(available in the USA)

You oughta get in touch with someone @ Toyota and volunteer to be the cold-weather/rough country abuse tester. Maybe they'd ship 1-2 brandy new ones up for you to "use".

2 words...

Hydra-Bed.
(available in the USA)

Travis

Or gas!
Originally Posted by horse1
(available in the USA)

2 words...

Hydra-Bed.

The kind that folds back up into a couch?????????????
Hey man, we're not talking about shined up FJ Cruiser grocery getters here.....grin
I'm good.
[Linked Image]

A number of people do sell suspension kits for them, and they seem to be popular among serious off-roaders. Your alternative, at least in the states, are Jeep Wranglers.

Ford's gotten so arrogant about trucks I'm sorely tempted to change brands.
0% interest or not, what Toyota truck is actually worth the price they charge for them new?
Originally Posted by Reloder28
0% interest or not, what Toyota truck is actually worth the price they charge for them new?

What truck is worth the price they charge for them new?

They make two trucks. One is called the Tacoma and the other is called the Tundra.

Travis
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
I'm good.
[Linked Image]

There's a dealer in the town we normally go to to shop at. That model is pretty popular around there. I always thought they were competing with the small model Hummer. Now Hummer is defunct so...

A serious crawler is not going to Toyota, at least not this version of the Landcruiser.
If Toyota wanted to dominate the off-road market they'd build something about the size of their original pickups, or a jeep-style about the size of a Samurai and include straight axles, EFI (obviously) and some [bleep]' lockers.

Travis

My 02 was worth every penny I paid for it.
Post up a pic of your twelve year old truck and then we'll compare maintenance lists.
Mine's short,,, one battery and a few sets of wiper blades.

[Linked Image]
and kibble!

grin

Sycamore
I put 330,000 miles on my Tacoma before my son decided to test the airbags. I bought a little Sonoma that gave up with a bad #6 cylinder at 130,000 miles.

Sample of one, but just try to get me to buy another GM........
If Toyota wanted to dominate the off-road market they'd build something about the size of their original pickups, or a jeep-style about the size of a Samurai and include straight axles, EFI (obviously) and some [bleep]' lockers.

Travis

My Tacoma has a rear locker.
I don't keep up with that kind of stuff but I'm not aware of any other trucks with lockers.
Originally Posted by FieldGrade

My 02 was worth every penny I paid for it.
Post up a pic of your twelve year old truck and then we'll compare maintenance lists.

[Linked Image]

Same year, same here. 225k. Paid $19,000 brand new. 2.7 / 5 speed, still on the original clutch. Was going to replace it, but now its all a game. Maybe when it hits 250K.

Travis

Funny, you could go on a dozen different hunting/off road forums and ask people for a wish list for a factory 4x4, and 90% of the answers would be very similar.

There might be some variations about size (1/2, � or 1 ton) and body style, but things like solid axles, lockers, Hi/Low box ect would be pretty constant.

You would therefore think more vehicle manufacturers would offer vehicles based on those specs instead of �trucks� that have more computers and electronics than an F16, and have plush pile carpeting in the interior!
There is not a car or truck in any market worth what they charge. All of them should be about 80% less in price.

My Tacoma has a rear locker.
I don't keep up with that kind of stuff but I'm not aware of any other trucks with lockers.

The [bleep]-Jays have electronic lockers. Believe it or not, my 99 4Runner Limited has an electronic locker in the rear diff. Fuggin' thing will go places you shouldn't be going, but like all Toyota owners you already know this.

The Rubicons have front and rear air lockers.

Travis
Funny, you could go on a dozen different hunting/off road forums and ask people for a wish list for a factory 4x4, and 90% of the answers would be very similar.

There might be some variations about size (1/2, � or 1 ton) and body style, but things like solid axles, lockers, Hi/Low box ect would be pretty constant.

You would therefore think more vehicle manufacturers would offer vehicles based on those specs instead of �trucks� that have more computers and electronics than an F16, and have plush pile carpeting in the interior!

I wish they'd take the time to make something like that and see how they sold.

Travis
Been thinking about getting the wife a Corolla.
Originally Posted by Steelhead

They had one of those sitting in the showroom and that is a nice little car. I think it was under $20K.

Travis
My hunting and fishing buddy has an FJ all tricked out with winch and skid plates plus extras. He swears by it.

We can carry 9' fly rods from tailgate to windshield without breaking them down.

donsm70

PS. He actually got to pull my 2500 Silverado out of a mud bog that he had already gone through. Pissed me off!
Probably headed to West Texas next year, into rough country. Debating on fixing up the 04 F150, or getting something to throw on a trailer & drag behind the 2014. My headache is my serious off-roading starts after 3-400 miles on the interstate, so a crawler, even street-legal, is not a good plan.
The FJ isn't my truck. My truck is 72 ford, I'm the second owner.
The FJ does day to day plus hauling jet ski, Honda ATV, trailer duty etc. Living in SC, I do everything possible to avoid red clay mud that we call dirt. Gets up into everything, hardens and expands.
I don't look to intentionally abuse something that cost 30k.
Probably why I still have a 95 Honda 300 and a 72 Ford that crank and run.
A lot of gm vehicles have rear lockers.
hmmmm we been wanting to get a lil gas sipper car

had been eyeing the Ford Focus, but mom and I each have one Toyota taco

maybe we'll run down to the dealer and see what they have in stock and what prices.

do those Corollas get good gas mileage Scott? or anybody

hurry and answer as ole white boy is about to break out his googlefu..........aiiiiiyaaaa
The FJ does day to day plus hauling jet ski, Honda ATV, trailer duty etc. Living in SC, I do everything possible to avoid red clay mud that we call dirt. Gets up into everything, hardens and expands.

That's why I've never really understood the concept of the Raptor, Power Wagon or the FJ's. They're all supposedly built to beat the schit out of but cost a fortune.

Travis
If I had the cash, I'd love to run a Pinzgauer..

I've always wanted a Pinz or similar but I think it'd turn into a full time job.

Travis
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
Probably headed to West Texas next year, into rough country. Debating on fixing up the 04 F150, or getting something to throw on a trailer & drag behind the 2014. My headache is my serious off-roading starts after 3-400 miles on the interstate, so a crawler, even street-legal, is not a good plan.

I don't really four-wheel but my plan is to tow bar this bitch to camp and use it accordingly for the weekend.

[Linked Image]
too late, the Honda civic gets a bit better mileage

but don't know if they have the 0% financing available

just gonna have to check comfort, ride and features. geez it takes time to buy a freakin car

only have ever made one car payment and that was on the 02 Gmc with 0% but it was only for 3 years. payments were hefty but I like using other folks money for free
I think we will go look at a Corolla tomorrow. I have a 2012, 4 door Tacoma with the long wheelbase, so I could have a 6' bed. She would do a little better with something a little smaller.

I think we will go look at a Corolla tomorrow. I have a 2012, 4 door Tacoma with the long wheelbase, so I could have a 6' bed. She would do a little better with something a little smaller.

I've been thinking about a long bed 4 door so I can fit the kids and quad. Wife has a 2013 Camry hybrid that gets 40 mpg and goes like a raped ape. About $25K.

That's why I've never really understood the concept of the Raptor, Power Wagon or the FJ's. They're all supposedly built to beat the schit out of but cost a fortune.

Travis

I feel ya, but every time I think that i remind myself there's tons of cats out there with disposable income who DGAF I guess...
No hybrid here. We don't wear sandals and we bath daily.

Travis

Fj's and raptors are popular around here but I've never saw one with mud on it. Rubicons with big tires and a winch are all over the roads around southern Wi going from work to home to the gym...
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit

just gonna have to check comfort, ride and features. geez it takes time to buy a freakin car

Let me save you a bunch of time.

If it doesn't say Toyota, don't buy it.

Travis

I don't really four-wheel but my plan is to tow bar this bitch to camp and use it accordingly for the weekend.

[Linked Image]

I'd let the bitch ride in the truck and tow the Toyota, but that's just me. laugh
[quote=Dutch]I put 330,000 miles on my Tacoma before my son decided to test the airbags. I bought a little Sonoma that gave up with a bad #6 cylinder at 130,000 miles.

Sample of one, but just try to get me to buy another.
Dutch I am with you bought a 79 PU with diesel and four(4) engines and 60some K miles later, I swore never another GM product and to this day I won't even rent one. Cheers NC
Originally Posted by wisturkeyhunter

Fj's and raptors are popular around here but I've never saw one with mud on it. Rubicons with big tires and a winch are all over the roads around southern Wi going from work to home to the gym...

I've had the opportunity to put a bone stock Rubicon through rocks and them [bleep] do exactly what you'd think a jeep with front and rear lockers would do.

Travis
Only thing a toyoder is good for...

[Linked Image]

grin
Originally Posted by Certifiable
I feel ya, but every time I think that i remind myself there's tons of cats out there with disposable income who DGAF I guess...

True.

To them high rollers, a winch makes a lot of sense around these parts:

[Linked Image]
No hybrid here. We don't wear sandals and we bath daily.

Not kidding you bud, you might want to drive one. We're not talking Prius or Corolla here.

My wife drives 80 miles a day average, 40 mpg makes a big difference in the gas bill in a month, she got mid 20's with a Mazda that we all hated and broke down alot. We apply gas savings to the payment, so the new car ends up costing about $125 a month more than the old Mazda. They make it attractive, and they're damn good cars.
I average about 10,000 miles a year. I'm guessing the car would get about 6k a year.

And it'll say STEYR on it.
Yeah, a Raptor would be cool. 12 mpg...not so much smile They do have a locking rear diff, and special suspension. They actually are very comfortable, and will go to some fairly rough places. But it's still a 12 foot wheelbase and 6000 lbs, and that's not so hot off-road.

I made it here with my '04 F150 4x4, last year. Got back out, too!

[Linked Image]

I'd actually make someone a decent deal on the red truck.

[Linked Image]

I got a used (rental car) corolla with 30,000 mi on it last feb. Great cars. My kid had a '98 that finally puked with over 200K on it. I gave him my '99 with 150K on it and bought the newer one. The older boy run a '02 civic till it puked and there were more repairs to the honda in it's life.....
I've heard road noise is a big issue with the newer Hondas.
The FJ's are well liked by the various Biology Field Consultants I have worked with over the last ten years. I have never owned one but I have used them, and they are handy. Much better ride, and to me more user friendly, than a Wrangler.

A similar vehicle that is much thought of in Central and South America is the Mitsubishi Montero in diesel. It gets great fuel mileage and lasts forever. No rocks where I was working but it sure would go in mud.
My wife drives a '13 4runner. They are great vehicles. She had a '06 that we bought used with about 12k on it. Never had an issue with it but she wanted one with a third row so I had to trip the old one. Paid $25k for it in '06, sold it for $16k with 110,000 miles on it eight years later. They are spendy but worth it to me.

We test drove a 2015 with a standard 6 speed and were very impressed. We ended up buying a used RAV-4 because it made more sense for our lifestyle right now but I really wish we could have gotten the Corolla instead. The RAV-4 is really nice though and my wife is happy.

True.

[Linked Image]

I see what you did there.
went to Polson a couple days ago and saw a dually Tundra with a flatbed parked off the street in town. Caught my eye as we went by. Should have gone back and looked at it closer
The Pull-Pal is a big help for open country winching.

Let me save you a bunch of time.

If it doesn't say Toyota, don't buy it.

Travis

geez talk about a time saver, from now on before I make a move, I'm just gonna ask Travis

I'm golden

oh btw Travis, should I GFM?
I'm good.
[Linked Image]

Pete,
Schedule a trip to the Ouray/Silverton, Colorado (Hwy 550), north out of Durango, Co. along,,, about mid to late July. You'll see all you want to see concerning these vehicles and their capabilities. Jeeps, too. Safe to say that there are literally a thousand or more running the trails designated for them.

I bought one new several years back and it's got around 230,000 on it now. Change oil, tires, wiperblades, brake pads, and 1 battery. I used to commute 90 miles one way going up/down 2 mountains to work (when I wasn't flying out somewhere to work). It did it for a lotta years and I've got no complaints about it. Great little cars. I'm going to try to get 350,000 out of it and if it kills over I'll buy another.
Your Toyota brethren.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I have a 2014.5 Camry SE Sport. Comfy car, drives great, corners well, and I get about 37mpg at a constant 70mph. At 80 I get in the low 30s, which is a good cruising speed on the Autobahn. Fast cruise is 90, but mileage drops off more.

Funny thing out here is the fastest cars on the 'bahn aren't what you'd expect. Overall fastest are the BMW and Audi wagons with the 3.0 diesels, they fly!
Originally Posted by walt501
Your Toyota brethren.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Who says cavemen don't know reliability and resale?
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

I see what you did there.

You're lovin' it.

Travis

geez talk about a time saver, from now on before I make a move, I'm just gonna ask Travis

I'm golden

oh btw Travis, should I GFM?

No.

Just buy a Toyota.

Travis
Originally Posted by add

Those aren't cavemen.

They're Minnesoduh cab drivers.

Travis
do those Corollas get good gas mileage Scott? or anybody
They do, but the dealer I bought my Rav4 from had a 2014 Camry on the floor that was a pretty loaded Eco version (not hybrid) that got 40mpg per the sticker. It was under $24K. Unlike years ago, I believe the MPG is something between close and conservative based on how mine does.
Originally Posted by Certifiable

True.

[Linked Image]

Well make sure you bring a wench along then! whistle
There are quite a few people who bad mouth Toyotas, but usually not any that actually own one. In the last 10 years I have had several new chevys, a new BMW, and many new Toyotas. I currently have a 2012 Silverado, 2012 Tacoma, 2012 Camry, and a 2013 RAV4.

I've sold two that I would love to still have. A 2003 Avalanche and a 2011 FJ. My daughter wrecked the Av and I didn't want her driving the FJ, so I traded it for the RAV. When I get her through college I'll buy another FJ.

[Linked Image]
you cannot go into any parking lot without having to trip over 5 of those FJs...every hipster kid and Air Medal recipient army aviator drives one here.

Have yet to see one with mud on it.

[Linked Image]

And it'll say STEYR on it.

Not anymore, they are now built in the UK under some agreement to supply the British Army..

Of course that means they probably leak oil like the Exxon Valdez and have electrics by Lucas, but they are still better than the various 1 tonne LandRovers ect they replaced...
I think a number of the Japanese/Chinese mini 4x4 vans are popular for off-road use here in the states, with decent capability. I never have messed with one, however.

Here's a website for them, and it shows prices for the used versions. They are somewhat cheaper than a typical new UTV.

http://www.americasminitruckcenter.com/index.php

they are not street legal here in the states.
Originally Posted by add

Those aren't cavemen.

Travis

I see you have passed by the SuperAmerica off Post Road then...

Some online reviews of that taxi stand:

"The restroom is nasty, wet and the whole place stinks like butthole."

"People washing their feet in the restroom. Ish."

"Always busy... Employees are friendly... Always tons of taxi drivers just standing around and getting in your way."
Not sure where I was. I try and stay totally obliterated the entire time I'm in MN.

It makes it far more tolerable.

Travis
Would love to try a new 5.7L Super Crew 4x4 if they didn't get such abysmal fuel mileage. Nice trucks though. We've had a couple of the earlier models with this same engine and got 15-16 hwy miles at best.
The poor mileage was a big plus for me.

Travis
Your Toyota brethren.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Those Toyota HiLux pickups are absolutely awesome.
You guys have probably seen this before; it's worth a look see.

[video:youtube]xnWKz7Cthkk[/video]
Does toyota take trade-ins?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
already got mine 2012

[Linked Image]
Ironbender,

Looks like your ball joint failed.

Travis
Hey man, we're not talking about shined up FJ Cruiser grocery getters here.....grin

That bitch would haul lots of groceries.

Travis

I'd LOVE to see a diesel Hilux (aka Tacoma) in this country. I'd be tempted to buy two before they changed their minds.
Originally Posted by ironbender

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I've seen two come in the shop in that condition this year. To be fair, one had 450 000+km on it, not sure what the other had but it had definitely been used hard. Anything mechanical will wear out and needs periodic checking. Would love to have a nice Toyota, maybe someday I will.
toyota "truck"? This kid has the right idea and knows the only thing that a toyota is good for.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Aren't you afraid that the dog is going to scratch the hood?
Originally Posted by add

Those aren't cavemen.

Travis

Same. [bleep]. Thing. smile
Originally Posted by MIVHNTR
toyota "truck"? This kid has the right idea and knows the only thing a toyota is good for.

[Linked Image]

He'll probably never be able to afford one anyway.

Travis
Originally Posted by KCBighorn

I punched him shortly after the photo was taken.

Travis
Toyotas trucks are perfectly fine pieces of chit to beat on. Little fuggers do hold it together.

Not sure I'd ever buy one new. The old 2.7 trucks are pretty sweet. Fugg the 3.0 and the 3.4. Might as well get a 8cylinder real truck that can actually haul something, it'll use the same amount of gas.
toyota "truck"? This kid has the right idea and knows the only thing a toyota is good for.

[Linked Image]

TFF! I bet that kid buys a real truck when he grows up. I've heard that only Gay guys in Montana drive Toyota pick-ups wink
Originally Posted by KCBighorn

I punched him shortly after the photo was taken.

Travis

I would hope so. Personally, I would of punched the ditch chicken too.

[Linked Image]

First generation Toyota's are the best. That's a badazz truck but you already know that.

My 03 Tacoma will roll 260,000 miles this week and so far I've replaced a battery and front brake pads its a tough truck.
Originally Posted by LBP

My 03 Tacoma will roll 260,000 miles this week and so far I've replaced a battery and front brake pads its a tough truck.

That's nothing....

We have an '08 F350 that just hit 80k miles and the only things that have been replaced are the engine, transmission and as of today the rear end.

Uber tough bro, like a rock.

Wonderful dog Flave, I imagine he is snuggled up footside whilst you gaze fondly at the 'Fire.....
Good old American Know how.
Good old somethin' Richard!
Originally Posted by LBP

That's nothing....

We have an '08 F350 that just hit 80k miles and the only things that have been replaced are the engine, transmission and as of today the rear end.

Uber tough bro, like a rock.

Wonderful dog Flave, I imagine he is snuggled up footside whilst you gaze fondly at the 'Fire.....

Damn Sam that's it, looks like you got a good one...
Originally Posted by LBP

That's nothing....

LMFAO!!
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

TFF! I bet that kid buys a real truck when he grows up. I've heard that only Gay guys in Montana drive Toyota pick-ups wink

He'll probably move to Texas and buy a Power Wagon.

Travis
They are flexy off road rigs for sure...

He was. It was a regular Normal Fuggin' Rockwell goin' on there for a bit.

But then I cracked him over the head with an empty. For no reason whatsoever.

"Oh what a feeling!"

Travis

[Linked Image]

WHERE DID YOU GET A PICTURE OF MY TACO!!!!!!!!!!!

They all seem to do that around 300,000 miles.

To be fair, mine did that IN MY MECHANIC'S PARKING LOT. True story.

they would probably hold up better if they had a grease zirc.

Good to hear Ford's perfected it since they built my 350 flatbed. I've only done a transmission and transfer case in 60K original miles. Buy American!

[Linked Image]

I'm good.
[Linked Image]

The FJ has pretty good off road capability with front and rear lockers, 4 wheel hi and low. The problems are terrible visibility, too much plastic in the bumpers and the body panels prevent you from attaching a high lift jack just about anywhere unless your willing to damage them.

It should be more reliable than a Jeep, but not as good off road because of the plastic and body panels.

Your probably going to want to replace the front and rear bumpers with something made of steel and the roof rack with something that is stronger.
Originally Posted by Dutch

[Linked Image]

This one had sightly more than 1/2 the mileage of yours, but the BJs smile were 16 years old.

Luckily it happened as I entered my driveway over the 5" 'curb' the grader left after plowing. One can see the skid mark where it got dragged up to the garage.

[Linked Image]

Replacing those ball joints might avoid that happening.. you can also add zirc fittings to those.. I did that one mine...just replaced my original ball joints recently...26 years and 530,000 miles on them...but it was time...although they were still in decent shape...
Replaced upper and lowers on both sides.
I just sold this 2002
[Linked Image]
And bought this 2015......I wouldn't own anything else........
[Linked Image] grin

When?

Travis

How long did your 2002 take to sell? 20 minutes? grin....

Travis

Travis

Hey, its no Avalaunch.

[Linked Image]
I've got an '81 I bought when I graduated from high school...still running, but beat to hell !
Nothing trumps being able to rent a Toyota Tacoma for $100 a month.
Originally Posted by ConradCA
I'm good.
[Linked Image]

The FJ has pretty good off road capability with front and rear lockers, 4 wheel hi and low. The problems are terrible visibility, too much plastic in the bumpers and the body panels prevent you from attaching a high lift jack just about anywhere unless your willing to damage them.

It should be more reliable than a Jeep, but not as good off road because of the plastic and body panels.

Your probably going to want to replace the front and rear bumpers with something made of steel and the roof rack with something that is stronger.

I try not to run into stuff.
Originally Posted by tzone

Hey, its no Avalaunch.

True.

I never saw a winch.

Travis
Originally Posted by Bently
I've got an '81 I bought when I graduated from high school...still running, but beat to hell !

It can be tough owning a vehicle everybody wants to buy.

Travis
In 2000 I bought a new Tacoma. Told my co-workers that if you change oil and filters regularly, you are good to go for at least 200,000 miles. I was wrong. I had to replace a tail light bulb at 197,000 miles.
I'm good.
[Linked Image]

Seems Toyota has dropped the SUV FJ and is only making a true Land Cruiser now, beginning prices at just over 70K
Going to put my 2008 Tundra up for sale and see about buying a long bed Tacoma I think. Might go back to a new Tundra, but love what I am seeing with resale on the Tacoma plus it would be a lot better offroad. 2008 Tundra with 127,000 miles anyone?

Travis

When I passed the word at work that I was selling it I seriously had three people wanting it, and a fourth regretting a recent purchase. Had it sold before the day was over.

Travis

I guess I'm not ready for a new vehicle, took me about 20 post to catch on that was the interest rate and not some kind of recall rate or something.
They got 0% for 5 years on all 2014'
Travis

Thanks for the 411

Travis

You mean like this?

[Linked Image]

When?

Travis

Shortly after that picture.
Originally Posted by Steve
Travis

You mean like this?

[Linked Image]

Is that yours Steve? When I moved to Fbx years ago, they were quite common and I lusted for one quite a bit.
Now that is bad ass!
Aren't there new CAFE standards in the works? Thinking NOW is the time to buy if you want the real deal.
No. I had one once. It was a '62. Not as bad ass as that one, but close. It could climb a tree if it could get traction.
Originally Posted by 257Deland

When I passed the word at work that I was selling it I seriously had three people wanting it, and a fourth regretting a recent purchase. Had it sold before the day was over.

Shocking... grin

Nice truck by the way. Both of 'em.

Travis

You mean like this?

[Linked Image]

Thanks for posting a pic of an actual FJ.

And yes. But make 'em more smaller.

Travis

You mean like this?

[Linked Image]

Thanks for posting a pic of an actual FJ.

And yes. But make 'em more smaller.

Travis

Suzuki produce the Jimny which is smaller and lighter..It has coil springs on solid axles, and selectable 4WD with low box and on a proper box section ladder chassis..

Its very close to being an excellent off the shelf off roader, just wish they'd offer it with a rear locker and proper under body protection..
Protection is overrated and lockers are easily acquired.

Unfortunately the huge gaping vagina in the United States eliminated all importation of the Jimny.

But yeah, that looks like a fine canvas to start painting on if you wanted a fun toy.

Will be interesting to see if the new SxS craze doesn't kill a lot of the 4X4 market out there.

Travis
Your Toyota brethren.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I'll tell you what would make me trade my tuckin a heartbeat. If toyota would put a bed on the US trucks like the one in the bottom picture and put the diesel motor they make in it or if jeep didn't gay up the latest jeep with the V6 and would build a brute ( truck bed ) version. If I was allowed to kill all of those usless bastarrds and take the bottom truck would make me happier though.
Protection is overrated and lockers are easily acquired.

Unfortunately the huge gaping vagina in the United States eliminated all importation of the Jimny.

But yeah, that looks like a fine canvas to start painting on if you wanted a fun toy.

Will be interesting to see if the new SxS craze doesn't kill a lot of the 4X4 market out there.

Travis

I bought one as a "stop gap" when I needed a cheap 4x4 fairly quick. My intension was to keep it a few months and sell it on when I found something better..

I ended up keeping it 7 years and putting about 140000 miles on it with no mechanical failures, which is not bad considering it had a little 1.3L gas engine!

Damn thing went like a pocket rocket on the road and even "stock", was excellent off road...

I sold it a few months back to somebody in the village and they are using it for lamping rabbit and foxes instead of buying a quad or SXS. They were a die hard Landy fan, but the Jimny surprised the heck out of them..

Originally Posted by seal_billy
Your Toyota brethren.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I'll tell you what would make me trade my tuckin a heartbeat. If toyota would put a bed on the US trucks like the one in the bottom picture and put the diesel motor they make in it or if jeep didn't gay up the latest jeep with the V6 and would build a brute ( truck bed ) version. If I was allowed to kill all of those usless bastarrds and take the bottom truck would make me happier though.

So you want a Hilux then? grin
No. I had one once. It was a '62. Not as bad ass as that one, but close. It could climb a tree if it could get traction.

Had a '65 FJ40 over 20 years, sorry I sold it, damn fine 4x4 rigs.
Originally Posted by byc
Aren't there new CAFE standards in the works? Thinking NOW is the time to buy if you want the real deal.

The CAFE standards is one of the reasons why there won't be a 2015 FJ Cruiser sold in North America.
Well that and it only out sold the VW Toureg and the Suzuki Tribeca�...
Picked up my first Taco this summer. I wish I would have bought one sooner.

[Linked Image]
What exactly does a TRD "package" get a guy anyway?

Travis

Travis

Toyota Racing Development
Better suspension, can lock the differential, skid plates, and other cool stuff depending in what year model.
Year mine was made it was a 7K difference in base price.

The TuRD package. True marketing genius.
2001 Tacoma 278,000 only issue was a o2 sensor other than regular maintenance, best truck I've owned, paid $19,600 out the door in 01.....
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by 700LH

Travis

Toyota Racing Development
Better suspension, can lock the differential, skid plates, and other cool stuff depending in what year model.
Year mine was made it was a 7K difference in base price.

I bought a '14 4Runner Trail Edition a few months ago, and it has all those TRD bells and whistles, in addition to a manual transfer case lever. Price was only maybe $2K more than the SR5.
Mine has it. But I have no idea what it is going to do for me.

Travis
I'm not sure it's possible but you will looker cooler going down the road.......
I think there are 2 types of TRD packages, sport and off-road. I grabbed the original sticker and looks like mine (2008) is a off-road TRD package with upgraded shocks, tires, wheels, rear locker and skid plates with a bunch of fluff upgrades. Sticker cost was $3,045.

With the exception of maybe the wheels the original owner swapped out most of the TRD items with ARB and Old Man Emu parts so I'm not sure how good the OEM stuff was.

Originally Posted by Ackleyfan
I'm not it's possible but you will looker cooler going down the road.......

Could you imagine if I combined my sweater, my aviators, and my 1980 Boyota?

Any neighborhood I drove through would become impregnated. Instantly. Even the men.

Clark
Mine has it. But I have no idea what it is going to do for me.

Travis

The rear locker is self-explanatory, the manual transfer case means I can tell I it's actually engaged or just not. The upgraded front suspension ensures if something goes haywire, it'll cost three times as much to repair, and the skid plates create a jolly fugging time when I change the oil.
I don't think I have the rear locker though. And I definitely don't have the manual transfer case. Both of which I would find useful.

You hit the nail on the proverbial head regarding skid plates. I hate those oil catching POS.

Travis
Having knocked an exhaust off and damaged the manifold, I have a different view of underbody protection..Rocksliders to protect the sills are another good idea and also offer lifting points for Hi-Lift jacks..
Having knocked an exhaust off and damaged the manifold, I have a different view of underbody protection..Rocksliders to protect the sills are another good idea and also offer lifting points for Hi-Lift jacks..

Ummm... Yeah. But how many people drive a $40K pickup off the lot and drive head first into some rocks?

Don't get me wrong, a truck is a truck. But I'd be shocked to learn all these TRD's on the road require skid plates to get the kids to and from soccer practice.

Travis
I don't think I have the rear locker though. And I definitely don't have the manual transfer case. Both of which I would find useful.

You hit the nail on the proverbial head regarding skid plates. I hate those oil catching POS.
Travis

The skid plate on my new one don't catch oil anymore because I have to completely remove the damnn thing to access the oil filter. There's a removable plate for the drain plug, and it's not bad. I also have to use ramps to get the front off the ground enough to swing the ramp out of the way since it hinges in the front.

I think Toyota's best engineers got together and decided to screw with their loyal customer base..........

Ummm... Yeah. But how many people drive a $40K pickup off the lot and drive head first into some rocks?

Don't get me wrong, a truck is a truck. But I'd be shocked to learn all these TRD's on the road require skid plates to get the kids to and from soccer practice.

Travis

You�re the one who wanted a proper off roader a few posts back! Lol Anyway, bugger the soccor moms, let them drive SUV�s!

And, it wasn�t a rock, it was a tree stump, and I wasn�t picking up the kids, but driving across a clear fell area at night looking for two deer carcasses I was too lazy to drag back to the forest track.. In hindsight, it probably wasn�t a wise thing to do�
Oil filter on mine is accessible from the wheel well, no need to remove skid plates.

Had about half a dozen Toyota 4X4's, this is my first TRD.
Waste of time to argue the merits here, but if and when I am looking for another, nothing but TRD will even be considered.

You�re the one who wanted a proper off roader a few posts back! Lol Anyway, bugger the soccor moms, let them drive SUV�s!

Yeah this thread is jumping around a lot but in this context I'm just talking about the new pickups.

But people must want them because I see "TRD" on just about every Toyota with a bed.

Travis
Oil filter on mine is accessible from the wheel well, no need to remove skid plates.

Had about half a dozen Toyota 4X4's, this is my first TRD.
Waste of time to argue the merits here, but if and when I am looking for another, nothing but TRD will even be considered.

Turned out mine had a navigation system too. Not sure I need that to drive around Havre but what the hell?

Travis
Those navigation systems seem to work well at sending city folks off on out of the way, unmaintained roads in winter, where they become stranded and freeze to death.
Those navigation systems seem to work well at sending city folks off on out of the way, unmaintained roads in winter, where they become stranded and freeze to death.

I'll program the VFW in Blaine, MN and see if it works next weekend.

Travis

Travis

Not sure what it includes these days but when I bought mine it was basically shocks, skid plates, and rear locker. About 2000.00 IIRC.
I bought it for the locker which I've used exactly ONE time in twelve years.
I have however removed and replaced the skid plate 44 times to accommodate oil changes.
I have however removed and replaced the skid plate 44 times to accommodate oil changes.

I removed the skid plate on mine the first couple of oil changes too, then discovered it can be accessed from the wheel well.
The skid plates on my 99 have a hole for the drain plug and the filter is accessed through the wheel well.

It's the 4.3.

Dave
I bought my 95 Tacoma LX used in 2004 with 76K on it with the 2.7 5 spd ,paid $7000 for it. When I got divorced, I ended up buying out my ex's interest in our home. I ended up paying off the Toyota and doing a refi to buy the home again. That was in 04 I am still driving the Toy and as others pointed out it's been pretty maintenance free other oil changes ,tires, a oil pressure sender unit, starter rebuild, couple of batteries and a new set of rear springs. Less expensive than anything else I could have afforded and bought. Those $300-$500 a month payments to run a Ford or GM plus upkeep and repairs was used as extra principle on the mortage. With 224K on the the Toyota and still running fine it looks like it will go the distance and last longer than my mortage. Not something you can say about most vehicles today. My Toyota is and has been the "Enabler" too more than transport in my life. That's what it has DONE for me. Anybody don't like Toyota's has more money than sense and can GFY far as I am concerned. Magnum Man
Yea,,,, I can get at through the wheel well but half of the contents end up in the skid pan so I just pull it.
Five bolts and a 6X6 block of wood to rest it on. No big deal except I had to drill out the two back bolts and tap for the next bigger size at about oil change #40.
I'd much rather drill&tap em again in another ten years than fight that dam skid plate.
Behind every Toyota is a Ford or Dodge ready to lap that piece of crap!

Jus Say'n

W. Bill
Originally Posted by Remington6MM

Jus Say'n

W. Bill

LOL!

Let me give you an example. The ball joints on my Taco went at 13 years and 300,000 miles.

The front end of my 2006 Dodge Cummins went at 3 years and 105,000 miles.

Sample of one, but illustrates the point pretty poetically.

Jus Say'n

W. Bill

LOL!

Let me give you an example. The ball joints on my Taco went at 13 years and 300,000 miles.

It only serves illustrate your complete lack of automotive understanding. Just the Cummins engine alone in your truck weights around 1000 pounds. Your Taco engine around 300 pounds. All that weight travels to the ground through the ball joints. So, over three times the mass means the Dodge Cummins ball joints lasted just as long as those in your Taco when the weight they had to carry is factored in.

Now, let's get back to all those Toyota traitors crowing about their long lived Toyota - most of whom seem to live in warm weather states that never see snow or road salt.

'92 GMC
350 ci, 340,000 miles, 1 Map sensor & 1 starter:
[Linked Image]

'99 F250
7.3L, 278,000 miles, Vehicle Speed Sensor $21, new batteries every four years:

[Linked Image]
If Toyota wanted to dominate the off-road market they'd build something about the size of their original pickups, or a jeep-style about the size of a Samurai and include straight axles, EFI (obviously) and some lockers.
Travis

Never have figured that out myself.

Jus Say'n

W. Bill

LOL!

It only serves illustrate your complete lack of automotive understanding. Just the Cummins engine alone in your truck weights around 1000 pounds. Your Taco engine around 300 pounds. All that weight travels to the ground through the ball joints. So, over three times the mass means the Dodge Cummins ball joints lasted just as long as those in your Taco when the weight they had to carry is factored in.

And this only serves to illustrate Dodge's inability to engineer/match a ball joint that would hold up to the weight of their front end...
I'm not so sure Dodge employs engineers. I often wonder what goes through their head. All I've seen since the 80's is disposable vehicles.
Originally Posted by add

Jus Say'n

W. Bill

LOL!

And this only serves to illustrate Dodge's inability to engineer/match a ball joint that would hold up to the weight of their front end...

Oh brilliant. Yeah, let's upside all those wear parts. Makes sense, right? Until you realize that if you do that, the weight of the vehicle goes up, the mileage goes down, bed capacity goes down and tow ratings go down. Don't want that do we? Everything is a trade off. Just don't try to compare a grocery getter with a truck that can actually work and don't complain when your heavy duty truck that can tow 20,000 pounds needs more maintenance than some Asian truck that will struggle to pull the float for your next gay pride parade.

Now, let's get back to all those Toyota traitors

Are you saying that driving my US made Toyota makes me a traitor?
Because if you are GFY, and when you get done with that, take your boyfriend out for a snow cone in your Mexican made Dodge.

Sample of one, but illustrates the point pretty poetically. [/quote]

[/quote]

And this only serves to illustrate Dodge's inability to engineer/match a ball joint that would hold up to the weight of their front end... [/quote]

Oh brilliant. Yeah, let's upside all those wear parts. Makes sense, right? Until you realize that if you do that, the weight of the vehicle goes up, the mileage goes down, bed capacity goes down and tow ratings go down. Don't want that do we? Everything is a trade off. Just don't try to compare a grocery getter with a truck that can actually work and don't complain when your heavy duty truck that can tow 20,000 pounds needs more maintenance than some Asian truck that will struggle to pull the float for your next gay pride parade.[/quote]

laugh laugh

You've never put a battery in that Chevy?
Hah!
Anyway, bugger the soccor moms,...

travis don't need no encouragement!

Now, let's get back to all those Toyota traitors

Are you saying that driving my US made Toyota makes me a traitor?
Because if you are GFY, and when you get done with that, take your boyfriend out for a snow cone in your Mexican made Dodge.

Yes, you're a [bleep] traitor. Is that simple enough for you? Doesn't matter where it is made, it is where the profits go. And they go to the shareholders - who aren't here in the United States. You're sending your money to a foreign government who has waged economic warfare on the United States for decades. A country that has subsidized their industry for decades. A country that can afford to subsidize their industry because they don't have to pay for their national defense, U.S. taxpayers do that for them.

Look, I don't care what you drive. Just don't come on here and advertise Toyota's schit and not expect a challenge. Got it? I doubt it. Expect to see a lot more Ford advertising here on the forums in the future, now that I know it is accepted practice.
Walt - do you work for Ford?
Oh brilliant. Yeah, let's upside all those wear parts. Makes sense, right? Until you realize that if you do that, the weight of the vehicle goes up, the mileage goes down, bed capacity goes down and tow ratings go down. Don't want that do we? Everything is a trade off. Just don't try to compare a grocery getter with a truck that can actually work and don't complain when your heavy duty truck that can tow 20,000 pounds needs more maintenance than some Asian truck that will struggle to pull the float for your next gay pride parade.

I think Gruff's truck needed new ball joints before the 50K mark. It's a 1/2 ton.

My buddy has a 1 ton Dodge that has been a great truck. It's no Toyota but it has been a good truck for him.

Travis

Expect to see a lot more Ford advertising here on the forums in the future, now that I know it is accepted practice.

They could use the help.

Travis

'92 GMC
350 ci, 340,000 miles, 1 Map sensor & 1 starter:
[Linked Image]

'99 F250
7.3L, 278,000 miles, Vehicle Speed Sensor $21, new batteries every four years:

[Linked Image]

You should play the lottery.

A lot.

Travis
I hate to tell you this, but anybody can own a chunk of Toyota. It's ticker symbol[US] is TM.
Even you can get in on the profits. wink

I've never worked for any automaker, supplier or dealer. Nothing...nada, unless you want to include that summer job I had during college driving the parts truck for Napa.
Originally Posted by Raeford
I hate to tell you this, but anybody can own a chunk of Toyota. It's ticker symbol[US] is TM.

Dude.

STFU!

Clark
OK. Just wondering.
BUY AMERICAN! The purchase that keeps supporting the American economy, $3500 here and $1700 there.

[Linked Image]
My lil Ranger went some where around 200K or so when I sold it. It took all of 1 clutch, a set of pads and rotors, and an exhaust pipe/muffler. A handfull of oil filters and an air filter or two. Don't recall ever putting a battery in it.

Other than that I abused the chit out of it and it always ran great. See lots of the lil things used for delivery running 5ook+.

My current F250 runs great at 150K and has needed little except brakes. I hate Ford brakes. I about bought a Tundra but got cheap. The Tundra is a great truck.

It is beyond ridiculous to compare a 3/4 or 1 ton diesel to a Tacoma. Not even in the same ballpark with regards to anything.
Originally Posted by Fireball2
BUY AMERICAN! The purchase that keeps supporting the American economy, $3500 here and $1700 there.

[Linked Image]

Toyotas are cute

The stock market is an evil place where Jews rob the poor Gentiles.

I've never worked for any automaker, supplier or dealer. Nothing...nada, unless you want to include that summer job I had during college driving the parts truck for Napa.

So, just an advocate for designed obsolescence and rewarding mediocrity?
Yes, you're a [bleep] traitor. Is that simple enough for you?

And you're a patriot for driving that chit made by the commie's in the UAW which is financing the destruction of this country with union dues?

Got it.

BTW,,,, was it Toyota's doing that bankrupted the auto industry which MY tax dollars bailed out?

Apparently all ball joints for all vehicles should be the same regardless of purpose.

Travis
Here's my US made Tacoma:
[Linked Image]

and my US made Ford:
[Linked Image]

Now lets get back to the shaming of Toyota owners from guys with Mexican made vehicles....

If money's no object...

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Drivetra...amp;t_pt=101151&t_pn=DPCJP44-2X3050A

Let's take a closer look at who is getting in on those profits, shall we?

First, that's not Toyota stock that trades on the NYSE, those are Toyota ADR's.

ADR's - Explained

Why is the distinction important? Since ADR's aren't really shares in the company, that exempts U.S. regulators from getting a look at the books of the company. How convenient for Toyota, they look like they trade here in the U.S., but we really don't get a look at the financials, where we'd find all the funding from the Japanese government.

Next, let's look at where those profits go. Let's compare Toyota to let's say....Ford.

First up, who are the major institutional shareholders in Ford?

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Do you see that? Millions and millions of dollars are riding on Ford doing well. Those shares, either directly or through your retirement plans and mutual funds are a vote of confidence in not only Ford but the future - your future, my future, the future of the United States of America as a global powerhouse.

Now, let's take a look at Toyota ADR ownership -

[Linked Image]

Not even a fraction of 1% of Toyota ADR's are funding the financial dreams of Americans - while 58% of Ford's outstanding shares are doing exactly that.

So, where do Toyota profits go? Japan! Where do Ford profits go? To fund the financial future of you, your neighbors, your kids education and on and on. That's just one of the reasons why if you buy a Toyota and come crowing about it here - you're a Toyota traitor.
Apparently all ball joints for all vehicles should be the same regardless of purpose.

Travis

Correct.

Applied upsizing will compromise the vehicle in all manner.
Walt, man, you've got to quit hitting the sauce so early.

My understanding of engineering is pretty good. An engineer designs something so it'll work.

If something breaks, it's not because the engine is too heavy, it's because the thing wasn't designed or built right.

Of course, I also just scrapped a Chevy S-10 at 130,000 miles with a bad #6 cylinder. I suppose that's because it has 6 cylinders and my Taco only had 4?

And my Taco went 380,000 miles in Idaho. We get a little cold and snow once in a while.

Toyota traitors? Last time I checked, offering fair value for money is more honorable than making excuses while designing, building and selling sub-standard junk for full price.
How the hell did we go from talking about trucks to discussing bailouts, stock shares, investments, engineering, patriotism and bangin' cougars?

Oh, yeah, we're on the 'Fire. laugh
You've never put a battery in that Chevy?

I'm sure I did.
Checked out a long bed Tacoma today. Found out they are making those like Chevrolets, in Mexico. Guess I'll go back to a new Tundra made in San Antonio. Was kind of excited about a Taco, but I just can't like the short beds, and am not buying Mexican.
I just put a battery in my Taco. POS.
Go look at what 10 year old Tacoma's and Ranger's or S10's are selling for, Craigs list, NADA used values or anywhere else.

Then tell us again who makes the better vehicle.
10 ain't no thang. That Taco i posted is nearly 20.
Nice to see yet another thread completely derailed from its original direction.

My 2014 4Runner has the new non-canister oil filter that's NOT reachable from the fenderwell. My '97 Tacoma (4cyl) would be, but it's just as easy to crawl underneath so I do. I hate to think how many times that skid plate will have to come off, but it'll be well in excess of 44 times. I made myself feel better by purchasing a small cordless Milwaukee impact wrench, so I'll just tackle oil changes with the right frame of mind and pretend I enjoy it.

My work truck is an '08 Ram2500HD which is basically a one ton. It's got 101K on the clock so far and most of those have been very tough miles...............think logging crummy type miles. I had the ball joints replaced about 15K ago, but frankly I wouldn't complain if they needed changing every couple years for the way they're treated. I've learned to respect Dodge trucks after driving this truck so hard. Same goes for Toyot Opencountry M/Ts. wink
I just want to know where you guys are finding these vehicles that go 100's of thousands of miles with no major repairs required. Off the top of my head I've owned:

3 toyotas
1 mazda
2 mercedes
1 bmw
1 dodge
1 jeep

Somewhere between 100-140k I was looking at a $2-4k repair bill.
4 rnr went nearly 200k

93 F250 went 218k

01 Sienna is at 211k

Taco is at 189K

routine maint is all.
Originally Posted by SockPuppet
How the hell did we go from talking about trucks to discussing bailouts, stock shares, investments, engineering, patriotism and bangin' cougars?

That is the standard progression exhibited on a consistent basis.

Goat roping should be next.....
Originally Posted by 2muchgun

That is the standard progression exhibited on a consistent basis.

Goat roping should be next.....

[Linked Image]
Told ya grin
People actually do that kinda chit?!
Originally Posted by 2muchgun
Told ya grin

Quicker than I suspected. That is a good looking goat, though....

Jus Say'n

W. Bill

LOL!

Well, lets make that a sample of two - my 2006 Dodge Cummins is getting new ball joints and front diff. bearings next month to the tune of $1300 and I'm just about to turn 100k crazy

I will add, I'm quite satisfied with the truck and would buy another. Not surprised a bit on the ball joints, but the front diff. bearings kind of has me wondering what's up...
People actually do that kinda chit?!

don't be too quick to judge, can't you see that goat's wearing a smile? shocked
Go look at what 10 year old Tacoma's and Ranger's or S10's are selling for, Craigs list, NADA used values or anywhere else.

Then tell us again who makes the better vehicle.

Benedict [bleep] Arnold!

Jus Say'n

W. Bill

LOL!

And both front ends weigh the same I assume?
That is a good looking goat, though....

The goatphuck is generally the next phase of Campfire progression.

No pics, please.....grin
Originally Posted by Powerguy

Jus Say'n

W. Bill

LOL!

WTF is your point? My 2001 International 9100 weighs 11,800 lbs on the front axle every week coming back from B.C. and has 985,000 miles on it. It's still on it's original front end.

It's not the weight, it's the way it is built.
Originally Posted by 30338
Checked out a long bed Tacoma today. Found out they are making those like Chevrolets, in Mexico. Guess I'll go back to a new Tundra made in San Antonio. Was kind of excited about a Taco, but I just can't like the short beds, and am not buying Mexican.

My wife has a Ram 1500 built in the US, my 2013 Ram 3500 was built Mexico, in fact all the Ram 2500, 3500 line is built in Mexico now days. The Ram 3500 was the only SRW on the market that could handle the payload I needed without going to dually, or I would have bought something made in the US. I have to say the quality has been good on both trucks, no complaints.

I looked at the Tundra, it's a nice truck but almost 10k more than the RAM.
Walt,

I'll buy you a beer at the VFW in Blaine, MN. Just try not to get so excited over a truck dealership running a sale.

Travis
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman

Whoooahhh. What?

Travis
Originally Posted by ryanjay11

and my US made Ford:
[Linked Image]

Now lets get back to the shaming of Toyota owners from guys with Mexican made vehicles....

My Taco wasn't made in Mexico and neither was my Ford. wink

[Linked Image]
http://www.torquenews.com/1083/2014...2014-kelly-blue-book-resale-value-awards

Was considering an F150 due to its having more American parts, but have decided to stick with a Tundra made in San Antonio. Now have to decide if I want a TuRD package or just a plain SR5.

OK whistle

The most popular setup of the Tundra and the Dodge Ram both come with a 5.7 liter V8 engine. The Tundra's engine outputs 381 HP and 401 torque while the Ram's manages 395 HP and 410 torque. Even though the Ram manages to beat out the Tundra in raw power, it isn't capable of towing as much without a towing package, and can only manage 7950 lbs. while the Tundra is capable of 10,000 lbs. standard.

With such similar power figures the only number that really stands out is the towing difference, and that could be a big deal if you need to tow something in the 8,000 to 10,000 lb. range. But on the plus side for the Ram it has a 15 and 22 MPG fuel efficiency and the Tundra only manages a 13 and 18 MPG efficiency.

When you take into consideration that the Ram's MSRP is around $3,000 more than the Tundra and you will probably have to spend more on additional packages as well, the Tundra is just a better value overall.

Link
http://www.torquenews.com/1083/2014...2014-kelly-blue-book-resale-value-awards

Was considering an F150 due to its having more American parts, but have decided to stick with a Tundra made in San Antonio. Now have to decide if I want a TuRD package or just a plain SR5.

That and your Toyota will use twice as much fuel as the Ford EcoBoost.

That and your Toyota will use twice as much fuel as the Ford EcoBoost.

That's what keeps North Dakota in business.

Do you hate America?

Travis
I think I could drive a Ford and appreciate it having the highest number of US parts. Still leaning Tundra. Do you drive an EcoBoost?
Chin, Just looked at 2014 Ford F150 ecoboosts and they seem to be running around $43,000 up here with 14 and 19 mpg listed. I can buy a v8 Tundra 2015 for $38,000. It gets 13 and 17 though my old one did slightly better.

So how is that twice as good of mileage again? Will give them another 7 year window to earn my business while I drive my Texan made rig.
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman

Whoooahhh. What?

Travis

Ram gets some nice end of year rebates. I paid 26k for our 2011 1500 quad cab 4x4 SLT 5.7, Toyota was pretty solid at 35k. I paid 34k for my 2013 3500 4x4 crew cab 5.7, they had a white one with a few less options 32k.

I don't have the time for all this chit chat,

Is there Women in this thread somewhere or no?
No Kenneth.

The only girly things on this thread are a bunch of shined up little foo-foo pickups.....grin
Originally Posted by Kenneth
I don't have the time for all this chit chat,

Is there Women in this thread somewhere or no?

Right here, big guy:

[Linked Image]
clearly, she knows how to cook,

That is a plus.

Do she work?

Do she work?

Ima give you three guesses and the first two don't count.
F 150 need not apply.

That's 3/4T material right there.
[Linked Image]
Last of the Ford tanks... (1977)

DMc
Chin, Just looked at 2014 Ford F150 ecoboosts and they seem to be running around $43,000 up here with 14 and 19 mpg listed. I can buy a v8 Tundra 2015 for $38,000. It gets 13 and 17 though my old one did slightly better.

So how is that twice as good of mileage again? Will give them another 7 year window to earn my business while I drive my Texan made rig.

Mine gets 15 in town and 23 mpg on the HWY.
My '99 Ford still works in north Idaho.

[Linked Image]
clearly, she knows how to cook,

That is a plus.

Do she work?

Laugin' my ass off...

Travis

Jus Say'n

W. Bill

LOL!

WTF is your point? My 2001 International 9100 weighs 11,800 lbs on the front axle every week coming back from B.C. and has 985,000 miles on it. It's still on it's original front end.

So your International is 3x's better than your toyota based on the 985K on it?

Or is it just built better than your Toyota?
It's incredible how many people that don't want a Toyota respond to a thread titled "If you've been wanting a Toyota."

Travis
Went with 3.31 gears in my EcoBoost....mpg is 16.5 and just under 23.
So what's the real-world mileage everyone is getting from a Tacoma crew cab 4x4?
My brother just bought a new Tacoma yesterday. Bastard...

I'm stuck with my 225,000 mile Tundra...

Of course, he had 320,000 on his old Tacoma, so I got a ways to go.
Originally Posted by K1500
So what's the real-world mileage everyone is getting from a Tacoma crew cab 4x4?
I get about 22 with my extra cab 4x4
I recently got 32 mpg on a 2 x 90 mile round trip - cruise @ 60.

4 cyl, 2wd, xtra cab, though.
Originally Posted by Poconojack

I went with the same 3.31 in my 2014 EcoBoost.

Yes, it's built better than the Taco was. Even though the Taco got totalled. Of course, I did rebuild the engine at only 660,000 miles.

But let's say the International is three times better than the Taco, that in turn means the Taco is three times better than either my GMC or Dodge.

Yeah, that's about right.

It's incredible how many people that don't want a Toyota respond to a thread titled "If you've been wanting a Toyota."

Travis

Since it's a toyota thread and since it's December. Lest we forget...

�A Date Which Will Live in Infamy�

On December 7, 1941, Japanese planes attacked the United States Naval Base at Pearl Harbor, Hawaii Territory, killing more than 2,300 Americans. The U.S.S. Arizona was completely destroyed and the U.S.S. Oklahoma capsized. A total of twelve ships sank or were beached in the attack and nine additional vessels were damaged. More than 160 aircraft were destroyed and more than 150 others damaged.

toyota. From the same nice people that brought us Pearl Harbor, the Bataan Death March and other atrocities against the American people.

This sure makes me want to go out and buy a new japanese POS vehicle. How about you?
The commie-lib/marxist kokksukking United Auto Workers have done more damage to the US and the American Way than the nips ever thought about doing. Toyota builds plants in the US. GM builds them in China.
Originally Posted by Poconojack

I went with the same 3.31 in my 2014 EcoBoost.

3.73's with my Ecoboost. 3.55's would have been better for economy, but the EB does pull hard smile
Originally Posted by 4321
The commie-lib/marxist kokksukking United Auto Workers have done more damage to the US and the American Way than the nips ever thought about doing. Toyota builds plants in the US. GM builds them in China.

WTF?
Trying to figure out the options and I have yet to figure out what a Radio/gps/backup camera in one unit would be called. I suppose Toyota has them as I think others do. miles

WTF?

Are you a commie lib/ marxist UAW union member?
Originally Posted by irfubar

WTF?

R U a window-licker?
Originally Posted by irfubar

WTF?

R U a window-licker?

4321 ,I was asking MIVHNTR if he is a union member. Your reputation as a moron is well deserved.
I believe unions are Marxist.
Wife's car is a 2007 FJ its a pretty good rig quite capable off road but it burns feakin near as much gas as my old Sierra pick up which is kinda stoopid when you think about it . But its a solid dependable and safe rig and you can spray it out with a garden hose when the dog hair gets too thick. No carpet love that.

But wait,.. this Sept I ran in to a 2002 Tacoma extenda 4x4 with a 4 banger with only 100,000 kilo-metros (60k miles)in cherry shape and I snapped er up. It came with a canopy and I installed an over the canopy steel roof rack thingy put some 31s on it and I'm loving it as my hunting rig. Can sleep in the back even without a lift I can go bloody nears anywhere just putting along in low range. Previously I've wore out a 90 extenda x4 pick up and a 93 4runner. Love the Toyotas. Oh and to the anti Toyota buy American detractors my Tacoma was made in California just sayin.

On December 7, 1941, Japanese planes attacked the United States Naval Base at Pearl Harbor, Hawaii Territory, killing more than 2,300 Americans. The U.S.S. Arizona was completely destroyed and the U.S.S. Oklahoma capsized. A total of twelve ships sank or were beached in the attack and nine additional vessels were damaged. More than 160 aircraft were destroyed and more than 150 others damaged.

toyota. From the same nice people that brought us Pearl Harbor, the Bataan Death March and other atrocities against the American people.

This sure makes me want to go out and buy a new japanese POS vehicle. How about you?

So you open and read a thread titled "If You've Been Wanting a Toyota...?"

Travis
Originally Posted by milespatton
Trying to figure out the options and I have yet to figure out what a Radio/gps/backup camera in one unit would be called. I suppose Toyota has them as I think others do. miles

Don't think.

Just buy.

Travis
Don't think.

Just buy.

That is what I did last time and guess what, my Tacoma has no cruise control. I figured that it was standard anymore. My MIL bought a Dodge and it was the same way. I did notice while I was looking at the Taco that it was the only truck on the lot without a receiver hitch and made them put one on before I bought, so NO I will not just buy. miles
No CC? Man, you must have felt like a real loser.

Travis

I do when I am on one of the 1000 mile or better trips. miles

Travis

The Japanese of today don't own the atrocities of their ancestors any more than I own Sand Creek, slavery or the Trail of Tears.

The Japanese of today don't own the atrocities of their ancestors any more than I own Sand Creek, slavery or the Trail of Tears.
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy

Prezactly.

There are plenty of current enemies to focus on, but Japan isn't on the list.
My new 12 YO yota

[Linked Image]

I'm too cheap to buy new but I'm kind of interested to see how the 2015 diesel Tundras turn out. And agreed with comments back there they should go back to their roots and do a for real small 4x4 be it a yute or pick up I don't care. Today's Tacos are awesome but they're huge compared to the old way more nimble ones. They tried to do the retro thing with the FJ but went too big IMO they should have stuck with closer to the old FJ Landcruiser stance. If I was king a for real small 4x4 based with a 4 cylinder for 2016 or whatever
I wonder who employs more nonunion workers here in the US? Toyota, Ford, Chevy, or Dodge? My money is on Toyota. It's not the '40s anymore and almost every Toyota sold in the US is made in the US.

I do when I am on one of the 1000 mile or better trips. miles

You probably scream like Rambo when you reach your hotel.

AHHHHHHHH!

Leg cramps are a bitch.

Travis
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland
I wonder who employs more nonunion workers here in the US? Toyota, Ford, Chevy, or Dodge? My money is on Toyota. It's not the '40s anymore and almost every Toyota sold in the US is made in the US.

Not to mention the people that deliver them, sell them, work on them, etc.

My grandfather was in the Pacific and drove Japanese made vehicles until the day he died. If he could get past it, I don't see how somebody in 2014 can't.

Travis
Don't see anything wrong with a SUV that will get you this in 10 years:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
You probably scream like Rambo when you reach your hotel.

AHHHHHHHH!

Leg cramps are a bitch.

Yeah, and I am 6'4", 285 lbs in a Taco. My 2011 Taco has more legroom than the 1991 Ford f150 had. miles
I went to the Toyota page and tried to build me a Tundra this morning, but kept getting stymied. I would go to an option and click on it, and it would tell me that I couldn't have that option in that truck, after telling me it was an option. I think you can only get a full size bed in a regular cab, even though it says that you can get one in an extended cab and the option is on that page. I gave up. miles

LOL!

PG, is the mental spooning with Walt501 intentional?

Travis

Walt501 eagerly accepts your request for a skype chat.
I went to the Toyota page and tried to build me a Tundra this morning, but kept getting stymied. I would go to an option and click on it, and it would tell me that I couldn't have that option in that truck, after telling me it was an option. I think you can only get a full size bed in a regular cab, even though it says that you can get one in an extended cab and the option is on that page. I gave up. miles

Miles, that's true of the Tacos as well. I thought about getting a regular cab Tacoma 4x4 for a hunting truck, but options are very limited. No V6, no manual trans, no cruise control.
I would like to have a full 8' bed with a camper since the shorter ones are too short for me at 6'4", but it seems that when you do, you can't get much else to go with it. miles

Not to mention the people that deliver them, sell them, work on them, etc.

My grandfather was in the Pacific and drove Japanese made vehicles until the day he died. If he could get past it, I don't see how somebody in 2014 can't.

Travis

Why don't you ask the sailors entombed in the Arizona if they'd buy one? How about asking the Americans killed in the Bataan Death March if they'd buy a one? Ask the Americans killed in the Pacific theater if they'd buy one.

It's no big surprise. You won't get an answer. Their lives were stolen from them while they were in the prime of life by a cowardly attack.

Now the apologists come out and attempt to justify buying the foreign POS vehicles. They are the same ones that look down on a jap motorcycle when riding their Harley. In the meantime, they've got foreign vehicles parked in their driveways. Hypocrites to say the least.

One more thing for the rump rangers screaming union, union. Nope, not in any union at all.
My father's brother took a round through his leg and lost a couple of toes (they stayed in his boot) to a straffing run from a Jap Zero. He LOVED his Toyotas. He even liked Japs, a LOT better than he liked africans.

Travis

Yea, but we fire bombed Tokyo and nuked them twice in addition to kicking the crap out of them on the ground.. I'd say they are paid back in full and then some.
Has Toyota ever built a turkey of a motor as Ford did with the 6.0 diesel?
Originally Posted by BWalker

Ohhhhhhhhh now, that hurts, cuts right to the bone.

Why don't you ask the sailors entombed in the Arizona if they'd buy one? How about asking the Americans killed in the Bataan Death March if they'd buy a one? Ask the Americans killed in the Pacific theater if they'd buy one.

It's no big surprise. You won't get an answer. Their lives were stolen from them while they were in the prime of life by a cowardly attack.

Now the apologists come out and attempt to justify buying the foreign POS vehicles. They are the same ones that look down on a jap motorcycle when riding their Harley. In the meantime, they've got foreign vehicles parked in their driveways. Hypocrites to say the least.

One more thing for the rump rangers screaming union, union. Nope, not in any union at all.

Somebody as dramatic as you should be born a woman.

Travis

My neighbor had one too.

Holy piece of fugging dog schit.

Travis
We have 2 on the farm, both have been 'fixed' and they are fine.

Most of the time....grin

I don't cast stones.

Unless I'm drunk. Then I do.

Travis
It's long past time to not let Pearl Harbor determine choices. The British burned the Capital in Washington and we moved on past that. The Japanese are some of our best allies today. My dad was a WW-2 vet and lost several cousins to the war. One in the Pacific. If he was able to let it go, so can I.
Originally Posted by Kimber7man
Don't see anything wrong with a SUV that will get you this in 10 years:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Marty,

You need more crap in your garage. It's way too clean!
Originally Posted by JMR40
It's long past time to not let Pearl Harbor determine choices. The British burned the Capital in Washington and we moved on past that. The Japanese are some of our best allies today. My dad was a WW-2 vet and lost several cousins to the war. One in the Pacific. If he was able to let it go, so can I.

You're gonna make some vaginas flare extra hard from that post.

Travis
Ask the Americans killed in the Pacific theater if they'd buy one.

We Southerners bought a lot of them over the years that was made in Detroit. grin miles
The argument against buying an American made vehicle that is owned by a Japanese based company is so fugging, [bleep] stupid, it barely warrants a response.

But the humor factor is too high to not respond....

Travis

We Southerners bought a lot of them over the years that was made in Detroit. grin miles

ROR!

One heaping cup of STFU, served with style..... I like it!

You're gonna make some vaginas flare extra hard from that post.

Travis

Used to love flaring vaginas, but somehow I think you're talking about something entirely different.
A good friend gave me a lot of *&%#$ for driving my Toyota which was made in the states, his Ford, made in Mexico.
So who's really not supporting the "Home Team"?
Aren't some Dodge built in Mexico as well?

I'll keep driving my Toyota...

Multinational corps. have no national allegiance other than profit. Get over it.
I was thinking about starting a thread on buying a car. I might just keep reading this thread even tho I have no use for another truck for a while.
The argument against buying an American made vehicle that is owned by a Japanese based company is so fugging, [bleep] stupid, it barely warrants a response.

Travis

And every time it gets your little girl panties in a bunch, some sand gets in your vagina and you whine like a b*tch.

When it comes to being humorous, you're the queen. Now go back into the center of your circle with your fellow rump rangers and do your thing.

Ouch that's some serious 6 liter angst going on there ^^

Somebody as dramatic as you should be born a woman.

Travis

Funny stuff there. My Dad is almost 90. He served as a gunner on a destroyer in MacArthur's fleet and worked 60 years as a union plumber. He owns a Honda, and it's not his first. He ain't much on stupid.
Already have 4 of um.

And every time it gets your little girl panties in a bunch, some sand gets in your vagina and you whine like a b*tch.

When it comes to being humorous, you're the queen. Now go back into the center of your circle with your fellow rump rangers and do your thing.

If I had a vagina, I wouldn't have any use for the internet.

Keep your chin up. You'll be able to afford a nice vehicle sooner or later.

Travis

If I had a vagina, I wouldn't have any use for the internet.

Keep your chin up. You'll be able to afford a nice vehicle sooner or later.

Travis

Keep your chin up. That way you won't spill any when your mouth is full.
Kind of digging the TuRD Pro Tundras.
Looked at the web site. They don't have the Lycoming T53 power plant option.

I'm bummed out.
Seemed to be some question over prices differences of TRD's or a 4X4.
This should hopefully clear that up somewhat.

1999 Tacoma prices

Keep your chin up. That way you won't spill any.

It's a free country and I know that's how you MI boys swing, but please don't try and include us real Americans in your perverted ideals.

Seriously though, I do hope you can afford something decent some time soon.

Merry Christmas,
Travis
Looks like Flave may have been placed on yet another "people to kill" list.

Caine
Originally Posted by shortactionsmoker

Marty,

You need more crap in your garage. It's way too clean!

Just cleaned it. Had to take a picture to prove I PMCOTC...
Originally Posted by donready
Looks like Flave may have been placed on yet another "people to kill" list.

Caine

I can see him applying his lipstick right now.

Clark
Freakiest thing on this entire thread is new guy (donready) registering September of 2013 and biding his time to make his first post 15 months later to make a first post razzing Travis.

It's a free country and I know that's how you MI boys swing, but please don't try and include us real Americans in your perverted ideals.

Merry Christmas,
Travis

From Montana, the land of steers and queers and where the sheep are nervous. Maybe you be received a bit better if you took the gay pride stickers and the obama '08 and 12 stickers off of that POS "vehicle" of yours.

It's apparent that you are a delusional "male" clinging to a POS. Why would anyone want to put an end to your miserable existence. Besides, the entertainment factor is off the charts.

As for the disingenuous Merry Christmas, right back at you. But from a safe distance, of course.
So you're not going to take advantage of the 0%?

Why would you not want to own a good vehicle?

Travis
Freakiest thing on this entire thread is new guy (donready) registering September of 2013 and biding his time to make his first post 15 months later to make a first post razzing Travis.

I noticed that as well. crazy

The 3.0 v6 was a massive turd.

They had some problems with head gaskets for a few years, but Toyota recalled them and fixed the issue.
Not even remotely in the same league as the 6.0 diesel..

Merry Christmas,
Travis

From Montana, the land of steers and queers and where the sheep are nervous. Maybe you be received a bit better if you took the gay pride stickers and the obama '08 and 12 stickers off of that POS "vehicle" of yours.

It's apparent that you are a delusional "male" clinging to a POS. Why would anyone want to put an end to your miserable existence. Besides, the entertainment factor is off the charts.

As for the disingenuous Merry Christmas, right back at you. But from a safe distance, of course.

What's with your fixation on homos and homo sexual acts?
Originally Posted by asphaltangel

I would estimate 90% of the traffic on this website is to see what I think about anything.

Travis

I'm going to tell Kamo about all the mean things he said about the Japanese.

Clark
Merry Christmas Clark. I got up extra early just to see if you had posted on the Campfire (not!)!

Funny, we're headed to MN tomorrow and I'm afraid to Google Map how close Blaine is to Rochester.....
Originally Posted by Akbob5
Merry Christmas Clark. I got up extra early just to see if you had posted on the Campfire (not!)!

Funny, we're headed to MN tomorrow and I'm afraid to Google Map how close Blaine is to Rochester.....

Bro!

I'm leaving Saturday and arriving Sunday! I'll be in the Tundra that can't stay between the lines! Look me up.

Clark

I would estimate 90% of the traffic on this website is to see what I think about anything.

Travis

Wait, who are you? I think you're a Toyota employee who has infiltrated the 'fire to peddle your foreign goods. laugh
Doy-doy.

Travihito

Travis

My fusion is a mutt made in Mexico, motor made in Romania I should of bought a Camry but went ford have hook up with x-plan. Next vehicle will be a toyota that's for sure.
my last bunch of vehicles have ALL been Toyotas...sure long running rigs...there have been a few Honda in there, but those had to go after hitting 400K on them...

was looking at a used Highlander, to replace the high mile 94 Camry, but instead ended up picking up a used 06 Pilot...

going over and getting under that vehicle on the rack over at the College Automotive program, I am impressed with how well it is designed and made...

it might be considered a JapJob, but it was built in Alabama, which adds to my love of it...

our 05 Camry was built in Kentucky...so I like American built "foreign" cars...much better than American 'built in Mexico' full of foreign parts from plenty of 'almost' third world countries...kind cars...
Originally Posted by asphaltangel

Travis

excluding men's fashion, of course

smirk

I'm going to tell Kamo about all the mean things he said about the Japanese.

Clark

I saw, and have been bawling in my bowl of tempura udon ever since.
Toyotas are great cars/trucks, but their SUVs are ugly as schit now. And I mean really really ugly. Okay, I guess the 4Runner is alright but it is small. I liked the old style but these new ones are the ugliest cars on the road. They are as expensive and are competing directly with Infinty QX 80s, Tahoe LTZs, and Yukon Denalis but you would want to wear a paper bag over your head if you actually drove one.
Originally Posted by kamo_gari

What's that? High class Ramen?

ROR!

smile
maybe if some of you non believers stopped buying Toyotas,the price would go down.

What do you want to bet that WaltNumbers and MIwhatsitsbucket are all over the "you Southerners just need to get over the civil war" sentiment.

Not that I think they're wrong on that point, but then I'll buy both German and Japanese vehicles. If they were good enough for my old man (turned 18 on 7 December '41 and served in the Pacific) they're good enough for me...

Originally Posted by kamo_gari

We'll get through this.

And honestly, if you ever drove through Detroit, you'd probably hate the Japanese too.

Travis
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Toyotas are great cars/trucks, but their SUVs are ugly as schit now. And I mean really really ugly. Okay, I guess the 4Runner is alright but it is small. I liked the old style but these new ones are the ugliest cars on the road. They are as expensive and are competing directly with Infinty QX 80s, Tahoe LTZs, and Yukon Denalis but you would want to wear a paper bag over your head if you actually drove one.

A Toyota competing with a Nissan, and GM's?

That ain't gonna be much of a competition.

Travis
Originally Posted by JoeBob

A Toyota competing with a Nissan, and GM's?

That ain't gonna be much of a competition.

Travis

Nissans will run with Toys all phuggin day, year after year after year........
Junk compared to a Toyota.

Travis
I'll do my best to remember that they're junk the next time I hop in this 2000 model with 220K miles on it.
[Linked Image]
The Nissans are good trucks but they are not as durable as the Toyota, under hard use. One of the companies I work for bought a dozen of the Nissans to train troops in off-road driving. They had a LOT of problems, the front diffs grenading, for starters.

I'm sure I'd get great service from a Nissan because I baby my vehicles but Toyotas are tops. Also, go to a parts store and compare prices of parts for a 10yo Toyota and a Nissan.
Are Robots Behind Perceived Drop in Toyota Tacoma Build Quality?

If you visit any Toyota Tacoma forum, there is usually at least one thread discussing the build quality of the current generation versus previous models. For many, the location of where the pickup truck is built remains a point of discussion (some wish it was still built in California, others want it to go back to Japan). However, what if robots are to blame?

According to Automotive News, Toyota says it is changing its production methods. Instead of adding more robots � the industry trend � Toyota is adding more humans. The idea is humans are better at spotting issues and improving the production process.

During the massive growth of Toyota around the turn of the century, production moved away from people in favor of robots. These robots certainly allowed Toyota to increase production; however, there may have also been a greater cost. Critics of Toyota, and even Toyota's current President Aiko Toyoda, point to the growth and production changes as the underlying problem behind the unintended acceleration issue and how solutions and information were disseminated.

Many Tacoma forums, like TacomaWorld.com, have noted a drop in quality in the second-generation pickup as a result of the decision to change production locations several years ago. The truck was first built in Fremont, Calif., before being moved to San Antonio, Texas. Some say the trucks built in California had fewer issues than those built in San Antonio. The reality is more likely that those issues have little to do with location, but rather more to do with timing.

Click Here

So Toyota owners maintain a unified front when talking to others, but the truth comes out when they speak among themselves about their vehicle problems.

I'll do my best to remember that they're junk the next time I hop in this 2000 model with 220K miles on it.

They're good trucks. They're just not as good as a Toyota.

Travis

If you visit any Toyota Tacoma forum, there is usually at least one thread discussing the build quality of the current generation versus previous models. For many, the location of where the pickup truck is built remains a point of discussion (some wish it was still built in California, others want it to go back to Japan). However, what if robots are to blame?

According to Automotive News, Toyota says it is changing its production methods. Instead of adding more robots � the industry trend � Toyota is adding more humans. The idea is humans are better at spotting issues and improving the production process.

During the massive growth of Toyota around the turn of the century, production moved away from people in favor of robots. These robots certainly allowed Toyota to increase production; however, there may have also been a greater cost. Critics of Toyota, and even Toyota's current President Aiko Toyoda, point to the growth and production changes as the underlying problem behind the unintended acceleration issue and how solutions and information were disseminated.

Many Tacoma forums, like TacomaWorld.com, have noted a drop in quality in the second-generation pickup as a result of the decision to change production locations several years ago. The truck was first built in Fremont, Calif., before being moved to San Antonio, Texas. Some say the trucks built in California had fewer issues than those built in San Antonio. The reality is more likely that those issues have little to do with location, but rather more to do with timing.

Click Here

So Toyota owners maintain a unified front when talking to others, but the truth comes out when they speak among themselves about their vehicle problems.

Yep, everybody knows that a Tacoma sucks balls compared to an S10:)

Click Here

Yep, everybody knows that a Tacoma sucks balls compared to an S10:)

Do you really need to compare a Tacoma to a truck that hasn't been made for over 20 years to prove your point? Hilarious.
And opinions are like what?
Just ask 4321 from above, he is one

We are all entitled to our opinions.

Especially during this holiday season.

God bless,
Travis
The Nissans are good trucks but they are not as durable as the Toyota, under hard use. One of the companies I work for bought a dozen of the Nissans to train troops in off-road driving. They had a LOT of problems, the front diffs grenading, for starters.

I'm sure I'd get great service from a Nissan because I baby my vehicles but Toyotas are tops. Also, go to a parts store and compare prices of parts for a 10yo Toyota and a Nissan.

I would need your definition of "hard use" as this one was purchased for a 16 YO outdoors boy[now man] and bear hunts in some pretty rough terrain here in the mountains from August[chase season] through January and is also a daily driver for a 60 mile roundtrip commute to work. During that same time no less than four 4-wheelers have been totally destroyed[not wrecked just wore out/unuseable] by the same person to frame a picture of how he isn't rough on things with wheels and engines. No major repairs on the one pictured.

We are all entitled to our opinions.

Especially during this holiday season.

God bless,
Travis

And God Bless you too, Clark.
You can call me Sparky.

Clark

I would need your definition of "hard use" [/quote]

Think, "25yo Marine, driving it like he ain't got a dime in it", on an off-road driving course.

Interestingly, significant time has to be spent teaching a major portion of today's troops to drive a manual transmission, as that is all they will see overseas.
I will certainly agree that a Toyota is one heck of a well made, engineered and reliable vehicle. I have 174,000+ on a Tacoma and it runs like new. So far it isn't any better than my previous three F-150s. I put 200,000+ on all three F-150s with only one breakdown. My first one lost the alternator with 150,000+ on it and luckily I was less than a mile from home. My miles are easy, highway miles. I drive about 52,000 per year with a sales job. The company that I work for is going to start giving us an allowance to purchase our vehicles, so I will be paying close attention to the reliability ratings in the near future. All the new engines in the 2015 models make me a little nervous.
GM.

Over 8.4 million vehicles on a recall.

Just saying...
You know - Happy WIFE - Happy LIFE !

Cheers RJ
Originally Posted by Kimber7man
GM.

Over 8.4 million vehicles on a recall.

Just saying...

Just got my airbags replaced by Toyota last week. It only took three trips to the dealer. They also informed me my intake manifold gasket is leaking which prompted me to find the TSB on the web. Their engineers make mistakes too.
© 24hourcampfire