Home
Iran Isn't Just Trying to Build a Nuclear Bomb

BY CHARLES KRAUTHAMMER
01/22/2015 05:49 PM ET

[Linked Image]
Charles Krauthammer

While Iran's march toward a nuclear bomb has provoked a major clash between the White House and Congress, Iran's march toward conventional domination of the Arab world has been largely overlooked. In Washington, that is. The Arabs have noticed. And the pro-American ones, the Gulf Arabs in particular, are deeply worried.

This week, Iranian-backed Houthi rebels seized control of the Yemeni government, heretofore pro-American. In September, they overran Sanaa, the capital. On Tuesday, they seized the presidential palace. On Thursday, they forced the president to resign.

The Houthi have local religious grievances, being Shiites in a majority Sunni land. But they are also agents of Shiite Iran, which arms, trains and advises them. Their slogan � "God is great. Death to America. Death to Israel." � could have been written in Persian.

Why should we care about the coup? First, because we depend on Yemen's government to support our drone war against another local menace, al-Qaida in the Arabian Peninsula. It's not clear if we can even maintain our embassy in Yemen, let alone conduct operations against AQAP. And second, because growing Iranian hegemony is a mortal threat to our allies and interests in the entire Middle East.

In Syria, Iran's power is similarly rising. The mullahs rescued the reeling regime of Bashar Assad by sending in weapons, money and Iranian revolutionary guards as well as by ordering their Lebanese proxy, Hezbollah, to join the fight. They succeeded. The moderate rebels are in disarray, even as Assad lives in de facto coexistence with the Islamic State, which controls a large part of his country.

A strange occurrence last Sunday in the Golan Heights further illustrated Iran's domination of Syria. An Israeli helicopter attacked a convoy on the Syrian side of the armistice line. Those killed were not Syrian, however, but five Hezbollah fighters from Lebanon and several Iranian officials, including a brigadier general.

What were they doing in the Syrian Golan Heights? Giving "crucial advice," announced the Iranian government. On what? Well, three days earlier, Hezbollah's leader had threatened an attack on Israel's Galilee. Tehran appears to be using its control of Syria and Hezbollah to create his very own front against Israel.

The Israelis can defeat any conventional attack. Not so the Gulf Arabs. To the north and west, they see Iran creating a satellite "Shiite Crescent" stretching to the Mediterranean and consisting of Iraq, Syria and Lebanon. To their south and west, they see Iran gaining proxy control of Yemen. And they are caught in the pincer.

The Saudis are fighting back the only way they can � with massive production of oil at a time of oversupply and collapsing prices, placing enormous economic pressure on Iran. It needs $136 oil to maintain its budget. The price today is below $50.

Yet the Obama administration appears to be ready to acquiesce to the new reality of Iranian domination of Syria. It has told the New York Times that it is essentially abandoning its proclaimed goal of removing Assad.

For the Saudis and the other Gulf Arabs, this is a nightmare. They're engaged in a titanic regional struggle with Iran. And they are losing � losing Yemen, losing Lebanon, losing Syria and watching post-U.S.-withdrawal Iraq come under increasing Iranian domination.

Iran going nuclear would hugely compound the nightmare. The Saudis were already stupefied that the U.S. had conducted secret negotiations with Tehran behind their backs. And they can see where the current talks are headed � legitimizing Iran as a threshold nuclear state.

Which makes all the more incomprehensible President Obama's fierce opposition to Congress' offer to strengthen the American negotiating hand by passing sanctions to be triggered if Iran fails to agree to give up its nuclear program. After all, that was the understanding that Obama gave Congress when he began these last-ditch negotiations in the first place.

Why are you parroting Tehran's talking points, Mr. President? asks Democratic Sen. Bob Menendez. Indeed, why are we endorsing Iran's claim that sanctions relief is the new norm? Obama assured the nation that sanctions relief was but a temporary concession to give last-minute, time-limited negotiations a chance.

Twice the deadline has come. Twice no new sanctions, just unconditional negotiating extensions.

Our regional allies � Saudi Arabia, the other five Gulf states, Jordan, Egypt and Israel � are deeply worried. Tehran is visibly on the march on the ground and openly on the march to nuclear status. And their one great ally, their strategic anchor for two generations, is acquiescing to both.
in a perfect world, the shiites and the Sunni rag heads would just kill each other off. Sadly, they both hate us even more than they hate each other.
Fighting them is inevitable. Obama just wants it to be somebody elses problem, just like everything else.
Let the Arabs and the Europeans fight them.Take care of our home front. Then if the others fail just eliminate the whole works. ED K
Krauthammer was born on March 13, 1950, in New York City and raised in Montreal. His parents were Orthodox-Jewish and he went to a Hebrew day school. "I got a rigorous Jewish education. I know what it is to be a Jew. There's a difference between being nominally Jewish or sentimentally Jewish and being grounded in Jewish learning".

Article written for the Jewish World Review............

Originally Posted by KFWA
Krauthammer was born on March 13, 1950, in New York City and raised in Montreal. His parents were Orthodox-Jewish and he went to a Hebrew day school. "I got a rigorous Jewish education. I know what it is to be a Jew. There's a difference between being nominally Jewish or sentimentally Jewish and being grounded in Jewish learning".

Saul of Tarsus - born 8 AD - Acts 22:3 I am verily a man which am a Jew, born in Tarsus, a city in Cilicia, yet brought up in this city at the feet of Gamaliel, and taught according to the perfect manner of the law of the fathers, and was zealous toward God, as ye all are this day.
So the fact he is jewish invalidates his spot on assessment? Oh, I say fight and fight now...
only thing he is zealous toward is America fighting Iran on behalf of Israel.

Israel should be at best a small factor of the American rationale in that decision.
Kraut may be a Jew, but he is also observant, and correct in his assumptions. We would do well to listen to him and have our POTUS do something about it.
Israel is never a small factor in the American Rationale for any action in the middle east.

They've been talking about Iran being 6 months away from a nuclear bomb for what? 4 years now?

If Israel is convinced another country is building a weapon of mass destruction they intend to use on them at some point, then why have they waited - especially with a weak president in Obama?
btw, how many votes do we have for declared war on Iran here?

Jorge votes yes. Who else?
Obama is the terrorist Moslem threat to the USA
tell iran to launch one,tell israel to stop counting on us to back them.get rid of obama.
But it should be a factor, but not the driving force. The locus of the decision should center around the FACT upwards of 40% of the world's oil flows through the straits and Iran poses a clear and present danger to the collapse of the west should that source abruptly end. BTW, there are many ways of fighting, including FULL sanctions, full support of the resistance (oops too late we effed that one) and of course, blockade. Bottom line is we should PREVENT Iran from acquiring nuclear capability. Just my opinion,
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
in a perfect world, the shiites and the Sunni rag heads would just kill each other off. Sadly, they both hate us even more than they hate each other.

Yep, very true Sam. The West, and especially the USA, seems to be the only common denominator that these two groups can agree on and focus their hatred and violence. Most Muslims (like Christians and Jews) are non-violent, but there is the radical violent element that causes most of the world's problems.
I think we should drop an FAE on Tehran just to even things up for the Embassy takeover,THEN we talk.
fight, fight now

Unfortunately, this may not be a viable option currently. Our military is tired, it's equipment worn-down and, our nation is tired of war. Given budget deficits and a tight-fisted Congress, I doubt this route will be taken - UNLESS, the US is directly attacked, as on 9/11.
Iran vs the U.S. - should we fight?

Yes.

Right after Israel agrees to become our 51st star.
fight, fight now

The broken clock theorem at work. One to go.
Originally Posted by jorgeI
But it should be a factor, but not the driving force. The locus of the decision should center around the FACT upwards of 40% of the world's oil flows through the straits and Iran poses a clear and present danger to the collapse of the west should that source abruptly end. BTW, there are many ways of fighting, including FULL sanctions, full support of the resistance (oops too late we effed that one) and of course, blockade. Bottom line is we should PREVENT Iran from acquiring nuclear capability. Just my opinion,

I agree in principle Jorge. Let's assume Iran acquires nuclear capability; while they might not use it directly, I can readily envision circumstances in which they give a weapon to their renegade friends, such as Al Qaeda, ISIS, etc. and then, the outcome is very predictable. However, I do believe that direct action is a last resort; Iran has apparently widely-distributed and deeply buried it's nuclear facilities and, I'm not sure we know where all the eggs are buried. Tight (and even tighter economic) and other sanctions need to be in place and, the West needs a viable military presence in the area to keep the Straights open to secure the oil shipments.
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Fighting them is inevitable. Obama just wants it to be somebody elses problem, just like everything else.

I think Ze ro is full of Shiite. Does anyone know if his dad was shia or sunni?

Fox today showed pics of a huge missile against a really tall missile silo. I guess as soon as it and others are ready to go we will see Israel put on quite a show.

DISCLAMER: 4, I really don't know if it was a real pic of a real or fake missile and if it was really taken by satellite in IRAN. IT COULD BE A TRICK.

Don't believe this until I have my people check it out.
Gee, a Zionist Jew agitating for more war in the middle east...shocking.
Originally Posted by djs

Unfortunately, this may not be a viable option currently. Our military is tired, it's equipment worn-down and, our nation is tired of war. Given budget deficits and a tight-fisted Congress, I doubt this route will be taken - UNLESS, the US is directly attacked, as on 9/11.

...and a narcissistic psychopath calling the shots.
Iran has a large educated middle and upper class population and a strong reform movement.
They would love some help in solving their own problems. And they have some neighbours who don't like their leaders any more than they do.
Better their boots on the ground instead of ours.
I doubt very much that our present administration is doing all they could to support this opportunity.
Our enemies know that they have less than 2 years left of Tyrant Obama the Liar's incompetence. Now is the time for Iran to exploit it and it looks like that's what their doing.
That's pretty much a Bull-sheitt article.

Anyone who knows anything knows that there has been a Cold War between Iran and Saudi Arabia since 1979. The author is trying to look smart by pointing out the obvious.

While everyone is complaining about Iran, seems the Saudi Wahhabiests can get away with just about anything, and never be tied back to Saudi Arabia. Who do you think ISIS is? They're not Suuni's (for the most part), and they're certainly not Shiite.

The US seems to be so focused on Iran's crazies that we're kinda missing that the seriously dangerous crazies are all coming out of Saudi Arabia. Al Queda was a Saudi movement with Suuni's and Wahhabi Muslims. ISIS are predominately Saudi Wahhabi Muslims with a smattering of Suuni's.

I'm here to say, I kinda like Iran's cazies more than I like Saudi Arabia's crazies (I really don't like either, but one causes less trouble than the other).

I sometimes wonder if we've buddied up to the wrong set of crazies.
Originally Posted by ConradCA
Our enemies know that they have less than 2 years left of Tyrant Obama the Liar's incompetence. Now is the time for Iran to exploit it and it looks like that's what their doing.
Looking at who's jockying for the throne, I don't think Iran is exactly quaking in their boots.
Used to be a country that worked very hard to keep Iran in check.

I wonder what happened to Iraq anyways?
Originally Posted by GunGeek
That's pretty much a Bull-sheitt article.

Anyone who knows anything knows that there has been a Cold War between Iran and Saudi Arabia since 1979. The author is trying to look smart by pointing out the obvious.

While everyone is complaining about Iran, seems the Saudi Wahhabiests can get away with just about anything, and never be tied back to Saudi Arabia. Who do you think ISIS is? They're not Suuni's (for the most part), and they're certainly not Shiite.

The US seems to be so focused on Iran's crazies that we're kinda missing that the seriously dangerous crazies are all coming out of Saudi Arabia. Al Queda was a Saudi movement with Suuni's and Wahhabi Muslims. ISIS are predominately Saudi Wahhabi Muslims with a smattering of Suuni's.

I'm here to say, I kinda like Iran's cazies more than I like Saudi Arabia's crazies (I really don't like either, but one causes less trouble than the other).

I sometimes wonder if we've buddied up to the wrong set of crazies.

Then wouldn't the smart thing for the US be to play them off against each other? Our President does nothing of substance, while allowing the two sides to throw their weight around in ways that harm us here at home (oil shenanigans, for example). We need a better President who can play games with the big and small boys on the world stage. The whole world knows that we don't have that now.
Knocking out their enrichment capabilities should have been done without warning when they continually refused inspections.It'll take a mushroom cloud over Tel Aviv or major US city before any military action is taken therefore we may pay the ultimate price as no one has the balls to play the preemptive card.
For our benefit or to the benefit of the Saudi's?

Well we fought a war, then gave it over to Iran. So to counter that, the Saudi Wahhabi's from ISIS went over to Iraq to fight the Sunni's.

And all the "experts" are trying to get us into that war...which again is the hot part of the Iran/Saudi Cold War. The US ain't to bright when it comes to the Middle East.

Obama's a moron, and about the only thing I can say positive about him is he hasn't gotten us into another war in the ME...Yet. (but I get the impression he'd like to)
Originally Posted by FlyboyFlem
Knocking out their enrichment capabilities should have been done without warning when they continually refused inspections.It'll take a mushroom cloud over Tel Aviv or major US city before any military action is taken therefore we may pay the ultimate price as no one has the balls to play the preemptive card.

Iran is crazy like a fox, not just crazy. Even if they get a nuke, they're not going to nuke Tel Aviv or a US city; that's suicide and they know it.

Iran is crazy like a fox, not just crazy. Even if they get a nuke, they're not going to nuke Tel Aviv or a US city; that's suicide and they know it.

The technology once obtained is the threat I doubt they would hesitate to pass it on should it fit their agenda.I'm not for rolling the dice when our security is at stake are you?

The technology once obtained is the threat I doubt they would hesitate to pass it on should it fit their agenda.I'm not for rolling the dice when our security is at stake are you?

which is why I don't understand why Israel hasn't done anything about it yet

Wouldn't surprise me in the least if the POTUS had something to do with that.
Let the Isreli's fight em'. Take the bridle off...and let the Isreli's get after it...!
From 2004:

http://www.haaretz.com/print-editio...also-disarm-iran-libya-and-syria-1.18707

Sharon says U.S. should also disarm Iran, Libya and Syria

Prime Minister Ariel Sharon said yesterday that Iran, Libya and Syria should be stripped of weapons of mass destruction after Iraq.
Deaf ears.

The technology is the easy part, getting the equipment to turn it into a reality is the hard part.

North Korea is twice as crazy as Iran, but they know if they did anything with their nukes it's suicide.

They have, them and us were behind Stuxnet (and several other things).

The difference between like Iraq and Syria is that Iran wasn't dumb enough to put all their eggs into one basket. Militarily you can slow Iran's program down a little, but you can't stop it. That point passed during the Clinton Administration.

Iran has over 300 nuclear research sites spread out all over their country. Most of which are deep underground in hardened bunkers. And Iran is a BIG country, so most of those sites are not reachable by Israel's air force.

The technology is the easy part, getting the equipment to turn it into a reality is the hard part.

North Korea is twice as crazy as Iran, but they know if they did anything with their nukes it's suicide.

Makes alot of difference having a nuclear strike force on your doorstep and minutes away..apples and oranges compared to Iran.

Makes alot of difference having a nuclear strike force on your doorstep and minutes away..apples and oranges compared to Iran.

That is true.

But military strikes and starting a war isn't going to make that go away...it can delay a little, but it will not stop it. The DOD has gamed this one out and determined the best Israel could hope for is a delay.

This isn't the DOD study, but it's said to mirror it closely (and if you're into this sort of stuff, it's a pretty informative read).

http://csis.org/files/media/csis/pubs/090316_israelistrikeiran.pdf
Thanks I'll check it out..
Either we fight them in the sandbox, or we fight them on our doorstep. No matter how far in the sand one wants to stick their head, the world will be a much more dangerous place when nuclear weapons proliferate throughout the middle east.

That said, the problem is we didn't execute our military actions in Afghanistan or Iraq as a war. We should have left both countries decimated with no doubt in their minds not to f@*! with us. But since we carried out namby pampy targeted strikes hear and there we just pizzed them off more and allowed them to bread more Jihadis.

So we're in a bit of a pickle, we're unwilling and hence unable to wage an all out war with Iran, and we won't give them the ultimatum to eliminate their nuclear program, or be nuked.

My prediction, we don't do a damn thing and the world is going to get very interesting in the next 10-20 years, maybe sooner.
GunGeek
If the Saudies created what is going on in Iraq & Syria
Why are they build the fence all the way along their border with Iraq. I don't think so, they are scared and so are the most in that area except maybe Quatar(sp) who are I think helping ISIS.
Just my take on things, could be wrong. Cheers NC
We could defeat the muslim goat fuggers controlling Iran without firing a shot, but our government has been oblivious to this since the shah fell. Hammer, nail..

Israel has one of the best militaries in the world, arguably the best intelligence apparatus, and nuclear arms.. They need to be weaned off our tit. Once that happens, they can make their own strategic decisions, and we're off the hook for their behavior.

Problem solved, let's go golfing.
We could defeat the muslim goat fuggers controlling Iran without firing a shot, but our government has been oblivious to this since the shah fell. Hammer, nail..

Israel has one of the best militaries in the world, arguably the best intelligence apparatus, and nuclear arms.. They need to be weaned off our tit. Once that happens, they can make their own strategic decisions, and we're off the hook for their behavior.

Problem solved, let's go golfing.
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie

BY CHARLES KRAUTHAMMER

[Linked Image]
Charles Krauthammer

While Iran's march toward a nuclear bomb has provoked a major clash between the White House and Congress, Iran's march toward conventional domination of the Arab world has been largely overlooked. In Washington, that is. The Arabs have noticed. And the pro-American ones, the Gulf Arabs in particular, are deeply worried.

This week, Iranian-backed Houthi rebels seized control of the Yemeni government, heretofore pro-American. In September, they overran Sanaa, the capital. On Tuesday, they seized the presidential palace. On Thursday, they forced the president to resign.

The Houthi have local religious grievances, being Shiites in a majority Sunni land. But they are also agents of Shiite Iran, which arms, trains and advises them. Their slogan � "God is great. Death to America. Death to Israel." � could have been written in Persian.

Why should we care about the coup? First, because we depend on Yemen's government to support our drone war against another local menace, al-Qaida in the Arabian Peninsula. It's not clear if we can even maintain our embassy in Yemen, let alone conduct operations against AQAP. And second, because growing Iranian hegemony is a mortal threat to our allies and interests in the entire Middle East.

In Syria, Iran's power is similarly rising. The mullahs rescued the reeling regime of Bashar Assad by sending in weapons, money and Iranian revolutionary guards as well as by ordering their Lebanese proxy, Hezbollah, to join the fight. They succeeded. The moderate rebels are in disarray, even as Assad lives in de facto coexistence with the Islamic State, which controls a large part of his country.

A strange occurrence last Sunday in the Golan Heights further illustrated Iran's domination of Syria. An Israeli helicopter attacked a convoy on the Syrian side of the armistice line. Those killed were not Syrian, however, but five Hezbollah fighters from Lebanon and several Iranian officials, including a brigadier general.

What were they doing in the Syrian Golan Heights? Giving "crucial advice," announced the Iranian government. On what? Well, three days earlier, Hezbollah's leader had threatened an attack on Israel's Galilee. Tehran appears to be using its control of Syria and Hezbollah to create his very own front against Israel.

The Israelis can defeat any conventional attack. Not so the Gulf Arabs. To the north and west, they see Iran creating a satellite "Shiite Crescent" stretching to the Mediterranean and consisting of Iraq, Syria and Lebanon. To their south and west, they see Iran gaining proxy control of Yemen. And they are caught in the pincer.

The Saudis are fighting back the only way they can � with massive production of oil at a time of oversupply and collapsing prices, placing enormous economic pressure on Iran. It needs $136 oil to maintain its budget. The price today is below $50.

Yet the Obama administration appears to be ready to acquiesce to the new reality of Iranian domination of Syria. It has told the New York Times that it is essentially abandoning its proclaimed goal of removing Assad.

For the Saudis and the other Gulf Arabs, this is a nightmare. They're engaged in a titanic regional struggle with Iran. And they are losing � losing Yemen, losing Lebanon, losing Syria and watching post-U.S.-withdrawal Iraq come under increasing Iranian domination.

Iran going nuclear would hugely compound the nightmare. The Saudis were already stupefied that the U.S. had conducted secret negotiations with Tehran behind their backs. And they can see where the current talks are headed � legitimizing Iran as a threshold nuclear state.

Which makes all the more incomprehensible President Obama's fierce opposition to Congress' offer to strengthen the American negotiating hand by passing sanctions to be triggered if Iran fails to agree to give up its nuclear program. After all, that was the understanding that Obama gave Congress when he began these last-ditch negotiations in the first place.

Why are you parroting Tehran's talking points, Mr. President? asks Democratic Sen. Bob Menendez. Indeed, why are we endorsing Iran's claim that sanctions relief is the new norm? Obama assured the nation that sanctions relief was but a temporary concession to give last-minute, time-limited negotiations a chance.

Twice the deadline has come. Twice no new sanctions, just unconditional negotiating extensions.

Our regional allies � Saudi Arabia, the other five Gulf states, Jordan, Egypt and Israel � are deeply worried. Tehran is visibly on the march on the ground and openly on the march to nuclear status. And their one great ally, their strategic anchor for two generations, is acquiescing to both.

Iran is busy threatening the US now...I think they want a war with the USA, and as soon as it is declared will have all of these sleeper cells scattered thru the country, that has gotten here via sneaking across the Mexican border....

It is not Islamic strength that threatens the west... it is head in the sand western liberalism....
And Obama just keeps moving the "Line in the sand"
Originally Posted by Seafire
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie

BY CHARLES KRAUTHAMMER

[Linked Image]
Charles Krauthammer

Iran is busy threatening the US now...I think they want a war with the USA, and as soon as it is declared will have all of these sleeper cells scattered thru the country, that has gotten here via sneaking across the Mexican border....

It is not Islamic strength that threatens the west... it is head in the sand western liberalism....

Any Iranian who sneaked across the border is living large and giving thanks for his/her luck. They won't be fugging up their good fortune like some arab idiot..
Let the mid east stew in it's own [bleep], we don't need the oil and we shouldn't have anything to so with the area. Israel has enough nukes to keeps the dogs out without us for now.
no we should not fight..... just carpet bomb the [bleep] from border to border. then stand back and ask if anyone else wants to play.
unfortunately we can't get the lawn jockey off the links long enough to do anything constructive.

Pretty soon we are going to wake up and find Iran armed with a couple of hundred ICBMs that can reach our country thanks to Tyrant Obama the Liar's negotiations that enabled them.
Originally Posted by jorgeI

The US should be building the infrastructure required to supply Europe and Japan's natural gas and oil. This would knock the props out from under the Muslims and Russians. Tyrant Obama the Liar doesn't want to do that because he wants to destroy the 1st world including our country.
Originally Posted by eyeball

Fox today showed pics of a huge missile against a really tall missile silo. I guess as soon as it and others are ready to go we will see Israel put on quite a show.

DISCLAMER: 4, I really don't know if it was a real pic of a real or fake missile and if it was really taken by satellite in IRAN. IT COULD BE A TRICK.

Don't believe this until I have my people check it out.

The Iranians are working with NK to develop ICBMs and a nuclear warhead they can carry to the USA and Israel. When they have everything ready they will stop pretending to negotiation and produce a couple hundred ICBMs with nuclear warheads. All thanks to Tyrant Obama the Liar's incompetence and need for negotiations.
oh wait a moment, I completely forgot that great statesman John Kerry! he will take James Taylor over , have him sing "you have a friend" and every body will circle each other playing grab azz.
If Israel is convinced another country is building a weapon of mass destruction they intend to use on them at some point, then why have they waited - especially with a weak president in Obama?

What do you mean "waited"?

http://www.bing.com/search?q=iran+s...mp;cvid=445750d9e0984be8a0399014cffcc969

http://www.bing.com/search?q=iran%2...mp;cvid=7ba93d79118743ae9b445af6122515a6
Originally Posted by Snyper

What do you mean "waited"?

http://www.bing.com/search?q=iran+s...mp;cvid=445750d9e0984be8a0399014cffcc969

http://www.bing.com/search?q=iran%2...mp;cvid=7ba93d79118743ae9b445af6122515a6

yes, I'm aware of that but that doesn't explain why they keep coming to Washington wanting us to lead the charge on war.

If Iran is just weeks or months away from having nukes AND Israel is convinced Iran is going to use them - then why isn't Israel obliterating Iran with everything they have? Its their own survival at stake. They don't have a second to lose wasting time with Washington to take on Iran and spill American blood on their behalf.

Don't blame America , Israel - if Iran get nukes on your watch.

Pretty soon we are going to wake up and find Iran armed with a couple of hundred ICBMs that can reach our country thanks to Tyrant Obama the Liar's negotiations that enabled them.

North Korea test fired an ICBM missile aimed at Hawaii. They are years ahead of Iran as they already have nukes.

Why isn't anyone here beating the drum for full on scale war with North Korea?

or for that matter Pakistan - who sold North Korea and most likely a few other rogue nations the knowledge to become nuclear powers *and* harbored the terrorists responsible for over 3,000 American deaths on US soil *and* was a supply chain for Al Qaeda in Afghanistan?

or do we just ignore threats that don't include Israel?

Why fight? We can dig for oil under under glass just as easy as sand. Turn it into a glass factory and now no more problems or least a few less problems.
It's the rebirth of the Persian Empire. Either get used to it or do something about it. kwg

http://ts1.mm.bing.net/th?&id=H...300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0

North Korea test fired an ICBM missile aimed at Hawaii. They are years ahead of Iran as they already have nukes.

Why isn't anyone here beating the drum for full on scale war with North Korea?

or for that matter Pakistan - who sold North Korea and most likely a few other rogue nations the knowledge to become nuclear powers *and* harbored the terrorists responsible for over 3,000 American deaths on US soil *and* was a supply chain for Al Qaeda in Afghanistan?

or do we just ignore threats that don't include Israel?

You're obviously not up on this whole Islam thing.
Why isn't anyone beating the drum for full on scale war with North Korea?

Not as much money in it.
If one can't tell the difference between North Korea and Iran I suggest they slap their parents for producing such a stupid child.
I know the difference - Israel
Yeah, that's it. Did your parents have any smart kids?
I'm always impressed with someone who goes with 8th grade insults to prove his superiority and knowledge.
I'm always impressed with someone who goes with 8th grade insults to prove his superiority and knowledge.

Careful or he'll bring out his dreaded 'damn Yankees' insults.

They cut to the bone.
When one is faced with idiotic statement after idiotic statement the only assumption is that the person is an idiot.

I wish I had a dime for every stupid post you've made.

So, no Israel and Iran would just be making baskets and singing songs? All the middle east would be akin to Disney Land?

There is no difference between a country of 30 million lead by ONE nut job than 30 countries filled with religious nut jobs?

Are you really that [bleep] stupid? I have to assume YES has you've never gave an inclination of being otherwise.

Please send my condolences to your parents. If you aren't the only child then place slap them for me too.

Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine

Careful or he'll bring out his dreaded 'damn Yankees' insults.

They cut to the bone.

Seriously, where do all you stupid [bleep] come from?

Please, tell me your background. Where you've lived? Worked? Name?

Originally Posted by Steelhead
When one is faced with idiotic statement after idiotic statement the only assumption is that the person is an idiot.

So, no Israel and Iran would just be making baskets and singing songs? All the middle east would be akin to Disney Land?

There is no difference between a country of 30 million lead by ONE nut job than 30 countries filled with religious nut jobs?

Are you really that [bleep] stupid? I have to assume YES has you've never gave an inclination of being otherwise.

Please send my condolences to your parents. If you aren't the only child then place slap them for me too.

it quite simply amazing you have the fortitude to press on here every day in the face on such ignorance.

Truly you are a light of hope in an otherwise dark world.
All those soft Saudi boys in the white dresses need to put on camo and learn to fight.
Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner
All those soft Saudi boys in the white dresses need to put on camo and learn to fight.

They may not have a choice since Yemen fell to the Shiites. It will be fun to watch the results.
Originally Posted by Steelhead

it quite simply amazing you have the fortitude to press on here every day in the face on such ignorance.

Truly you are a light of hope in an otherwise dark world.

Please, impress me with one intelligent post on anything? Do you own a rifle? Hunt? Like women?

There must be something you know about besides dumbfuktary
Originally Posted by northcountry
GunGeek
If the Saudies created what is going on in Iraq & Syria
Why are they build the fence all the way along their border with Iraq. I don't think so, they are scared and so are the most in that area except maybe Quatar(sp) who are I think helping ISIS.
Just my take on things, could be wrong. Cheers NC

You need to study up on the relationship between the Wahhabi Iman's and the House of Saud; it's a really interesting dysfunctional relationship.

The Saudi government actually pays a stipend and monthly wages, as well as death compensation to the family of Jihadists. This is to appease the Imans that they're "supporting Jihad", while in reality the Saudi government is hoping that each Jihadist they send out, won't come back alive. Basically they're exporting their crazies to make trouble somewhere else.

It's a really weird dysfunctional circle of life they have over there. The house of Saud is "approved" by the Wahhabi leadership and that's how the Saudi's get their legitimacy to the throne. The Saudi family is actually rather progressive for Muslims and they want to Westernize. But the Iman's don't want that. So they give lip service to the Iman's who in return give governmental authority to the Saudi's. I don't think anyone sees this as sustainable, but it's lasted nearly a century so far...but sooner or later the moderates and the crazies will go at it in an all out civil war in Saudi Arabia.
Utterly destroy them.
Originally Posted by RickyD
Utterly destroy them.

=========

Agreed. Only solution.
I doubt very much that our present administration is doing all they could to support this opportunity.
If you recall, there was an uprising a few years back that would have served as a great opportunity to support with equipment and funding. Zero ignored that chance. He has no interest in a peaceful Iran.

Obama happened to Iraq.

Iran is essentially, too far for their air force, they have no carriers, and just think what the world would say and do if Israel used nukes, which would very likely be necessary.
Absolutely. We must eliminate both.
Originally Posted by RickyD

Obama happened to Iraq.

Saddam Hussien kept Iran in check, He was executed before Obama came on the scene.
I know the difference - Israel

Iran is much stronger than NK. They have oil and are located in the middle of the oil supply for the rest of the world.
© 24hourcampfire