Home
....was a complete joke. Rambling, petty, incoherent, vulgar. Exhibit A on why she cannot and will not every be president of this country.

She embarrassed herself and conservatives---and that's what her friends are saying.

http://www.c-span.org/video/?323834-14/sarah-palin-iowa-freedom-summit

Byron Your's assessment....

http://m.washingtonexaminer.com/as-2016-race-begins-gop-faces-its-palin-problem/article/2559245
Now you went and did it Rob...!
BOWSINGER will be along shortly to kick your a$$.
Originally Posted by antlers

That's what I'm afraid of!! crazy

I already have...

even ole Bow admits it wasn't her best moment.

just remember - the man can't ride you if your back isn't bent.

Originally Posted by KFWA
even ole Bow admits it wasn't her best moment.

just remember - the man can't ride you if your back isn't bent.

Posting Palin...Exploding Heads...Life is Good...
Walker was better than Palin in Iowa and Palin was better than Walker last night.
Sarah refocused and checked off her presidential to-do list of energy independence and cutting taxes to get things rolling again, the military, border security, and local control of our kid's education and so on.

�The man can only ride you when your back is bent. So strengthen it! Then the man can�t ride you, America won�t get taken for a ride, because so much is at stake.�
Sarah Palin 24 January 2015 Iowa Freedom Summit Des Moines, Iowa,

�And whenever men and women straighten their backs up, they are going somewhere, because a man can't ride your back unless it is bent.�
Martin Luther King, Junior 3 April 1968 I�ve Been to the Mountaintop Memphis, Tenn.
yea, typing it again doesn't make it any better
Pointing out that it was a MLK quote, even if it takes two or three repeats, should eventually soak in...
Where is Tina Fey?
Originally Posted by RobJordan
....was a complete joke. Rambling, petty, incoherent, vulgar.

http://www.c-span.org/video/?323834-14/sarah-palin-iowa-freedom-summit

lol

Some borderline paranoia and full-on victimhood spilling over in that performance.

As much as I like Palin, she needs to learn how to end one sentence before starting another.
add, you nailed it! Dead on!!
Here's Charles Cook's analysis (from NRO). Stick a fork in Sarah. She's done.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/397238/sarah-palin-slips-self-parody-charles-c-w-cooke#!

Here's the article (the comment section is brutal..."Sarah couldn't even get her three oldest children to graduate from high school. They all dropped out." Ouch!):

In Des Moines this past weekend, Sarah Palin gave a speech, and at long last the vultures began to circle. �A tragedy,� declared Joe Scarborough, on Morning Joe; �bizarro,� ajudged the London Times� Toby Harnden; �an interminable ramble,� said Iowa professor Sam Clovis. These, alas, were among the kinder adjectives.

In the Washington Examiner, Byron York treated those who missed the address to a brutal dissection. First, he recorded, Palin subjected the crowd to an �extended stream-of-consciousness complaint about media coverage of her decision to run in a half-marathon race in Storm Lake, Iowa.� Next, she offered up some self-righteous �grumbling about coverage of a recent photo of her with a supporter� and a litany of �objections about the social media ruckus over a picture of her six-year-old son Trig.� And, finally, she embarked upon a �free-association ramble on Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton, the energy industry, her daughter Bristol, Margaret Thatcher, middle-class economics . . . women in politics, and much more.� All in all, York proposed, this did her no favors at all. Rather, the �long, rambling, and at times barely coherent speech, left some wondering what role she should play in Republican politics as the 2016 race begins.�

Advertisement

This, I think, is a good question, and one to which I have a modest answer: How about . . . none? Instead, Palin should leave the field to those who are in possession of genuine political aspirations, and she should refrain from treating the Republican party as if it were a little more than a convenient vehicle for her private ambition. In the meantime, conservatives who are finally cottoning on to the ruse should recognize that this Iowa sojourn was not an aberration or a blip, but the foreordained culmination of a slow and unseemly descent into farce that began almost immediately after Barack Obama was elected in 2008. So Sarah Palin has become Amy Winehouse? Of course she has. How else exactly was this going to end?

�It would be hard to say,� York observed drily, �that Palin�s 35-minute talk had a theme.� But, one might ask, �Do they ever?� For a long while now, Palin has not so much contributed arguments and ideas as she has thrown together a one-woman variety show for a band of traveling fans. One part free verse, one part Dada-laden ressentiment, and one part primal scream therapy, Palin�s appearances seem to be designed less to advance the ball for the Right and more to ensure that her name remains in the news, that her business opportunities are not entirely foreclosed, and that her hand remains strong enough to justify her role as kingmaker without portfolio. Ultimately, she isn�t really trying to change politics; she�s trying to be politics � the system and its complexities be damned. Want to find a figure to which Palin can be reasonably compared? It�s not Ronald Reagan. It�s Donald Trump.

Some people contain within them a magical quality that leads their fans toward idol worship, and, for whatever reason, Palin appears to have it in spades. But, as she has discovered for herself of late, this can be a decidedly mixed blessing. On the upside, cults provide their beneficiaries with a ready-made army of apologists and sponsors � people, that is, who have primed themselves to push back hard against the most modest of slights and to exact a price from anyone who exhibits the temerity to criticize their focus. On the downside, cults can serve to inoculate their subjects from legitimate judgment and to ease their descent into inadvertent self-parody. Partly because the media has been reflexively unfair to her, and partly because they feel generally put upon by the culture at large, Palin�s fans have of late provided her mostly with the latter service. Last weekend�s speech was the direct result of that tendency.

Consider, if you will, what happens to a person who suggests that Sarah Palin is anything other than saintly. Right off the bat, they are accused of disliking America or Alaska or conservatives or mothers or the working class � or even women in general � and then they are informed that their �hatred� is showing. Next, their motives are questioned and their supposedly secret �agenda� is exposed for the world to see, for no right-thinking person could dislike Palin on the merits, natch. �I hope you enjoy your elite cocktail parties,� the apologists will say, and then they will huffily tell you that they �hope signaling that you are �one of them� was worth it.� And finally � as is the case when one expresses disapproval of other cult figures, such as President Obama, Ron Paul, Neil DeGrasse Tyson, and Paul Krugman � it is presumed that all animadversion must be motivated by envy or by snobbery or by secret admiration, and that it can therefore be safely ignored. �What have you done,� they will ask, �that compares to my paragon of virtue?� All told, it�s really quite pathetic.

It is deeply unconservative, too. The Right will likely never agree on how best it should move forward, but we might at least unite against the belief that there exist superheroes who are able to save the country from itself; against the idea that any one person can be the official standard bearer of a whole ideological or demographic group; and against the presumption that conservatism will gain anything much at all from the promotion and advancement of its most erratic champions. Further still, we might refrain from attempting to immunize our friends from the consequences of their actions. Having been mercilessly and unjustly pilloried by the media throughout the 2008 campaign, Sarah Palin had a clear choice in its aftermath: She could sober up and prove the buggers wrong, or she could collapse into ignominious pasquinade. Sadly, she chose the latter. The rest of us should choose to move on.
Well, let's see here...You (Rob) are a rabid Sarah hater. You can find others to quote who feel the same. Big whoopie. I didn't hear this particular speech of hers, but if it was a poor job, might we not just chalk it up to her unbelievably busy schedule, or something? So she had a bad night. It does not obviate all the other many occasions when she was erudite, concise, and just plain riveting.

She's smarter, and certainly a helluva lot more honest, than the Hilldabeast.
I'm sure you can find many positives to say about Sara Palin.

I wouldn't start with her intellect compared to Hillary Clinton.

(and no that doesn't make me a Hillary Clinton supporter)
At least she's been right on myriad foreign policy issues, whereas Clinton can't even beat a broken clock. Seriously, you think Clinton comes across as an "intellectual"? I just find this thread amusing in it's predictability. If Sarah were to walk on water, the haters would just say "yeah, that's because she can't swim."
Pro gun, pretty woman's mistakes are never bad.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by jorgeI
At least she's been right on myriad foreign policy issues, whereas Clinton can't even beat a broken clock. Seriously, you think Clinton comes across as an "intellectual"? I just find this thread amusing in it's predictability. If Sarah were to walk on water, the haters would just say "yeah, that's because she can't swim."

I think Clinton graduated from Yale Law School after graduating from some east coast prep college. I had to look up Palin, but after attending 3 other colleges prior she graduated with a degree in journalism from the University of Idaho.

Look , I'm a Bengals fans, and I hate the Steelers, but I can admit that Ben Roethlesberger is a better quarterback than Andy Dalton. Doesn't mean I want Ben as my QB, but I'm not gonna make Andy out to be the next Joe Montana just because he's on my team.

If you want to talk up Palin about being "common sense" smart or something, whatever , but Yale versus a journeyman's stop to University of Idaho (which I'm sure is a good school in its own right) is not a comparison.
....was a complete joke. Rambling, petty, incoherent, vulgar. Exhibit A on why she cannot and will not every be president of this country.

She embarrassed herself and conservatives---and that's what her friends are saying.

No, that is what those conservatives who are petrified about her other 999 pitch perfect speeches that their guy can't match.
This is what her friends are saying.
Tea Party Express Thanks Sarah Palin
Posted on January 28 2015
Thank You Sarah Palin!

One of the most powerful and effective voices for change in American politics has been Governor Sarah Palin. Yet, even some of our conservative friends cannot resist the temptation to join in with liberals to be overly critical about one of her recent public appearances.

Governor Palin has been on the front lines of every battle, rallying and motivating voters in a way that only she can.
It�s no wonder why the recent Public Policy Polling found that Palin is the most liked potential Presidential candidate among Republican voters � higher favorables than EVERY OTHER CANDIDATE.

The Tea Party movement has been about changing the policies in Washington by changing the players through effective election campaign efforts. We have had remarkable success in bringing strong and bold conservative leaders into public office. It was just a few years ago that we didn�t have Ted Cruz, Marco Rubio, Rand Paul, Mike Lee and so many other tea party favorites in Congress.

With your support, Tea Party Express has played an important role in making tremendous change in both the Senate and the House of Representatives. Both houses are teeming with new tea party inclined Members of Congress. However, we haven�t done it alone.

One person that we have always been able to count on was Governor Sarah Palin. That doesn�t mean we always agree, as we have been on the opposite sides of a couple of contests, but she is as close to a leader for the tea party movement as there is. This isn�t time to join the liberal crusade to discredit her. Instead, we should be resolute in support of this remarkable woman who has dedicated herself to the cause of American liberty.
You didn't seem to have any issues disparaging Bush's intellect and he was a Yale grad. Frankly, I just look at what they say, write and opine, then go from there. Ronald Reagan was also accused of being intellectually lacking, yet his mastery of his job, his writing and philosophies are now recognized by many as being demonstrative of a superb intellect. Obama is a Harvard Graduate, and I believe John Kerry is also Ivy league and he is as dumb as a box of rocks.

Palin (whose vocal chords are akin to nails on a chalkboard) has spoken and written some very well-reasoned philosophies and Hillary has not. Both however are TERRIBLE orators. Bottom line is I LIKE just about everything she says and I don't like ANYTHING Hillary has to say, much less her personal and proven lack of integrity. I'll close by saying I agree with Ann Coulter, who said if women didn't vote, the last democrat elected for president would have been FDR....

That's what I'm afraid of!! crazy

Originally Posted By: BOWSINGER
Originally Posted By: RobJordan
Sarah's comments were very good. Not often that I praise her, but I can give credit when its due.

There is a slim ray of hope for you yet.

I am confused...

I think Clinton graduated from Yale Law School after graduating from some east coast prep college. I had to look up Palin, but after attending 3 other colleges prior she graduated with a degree in journalism from the University of Idaho.

Look , I'm a Bengals fans, and I hate the Steelers, but I can admit that Ben Roethlesberger is a better quarterback than Andy Dalton. Doesn't mean I want Ben as my QB, but I'm not gonna make Andy out to be the next Joe Montana just because he's on my team.

If you want to talk up Palin about being "common sense" smart or something, whatever , but Yale versus a journeyman's stop to University of Idaho (which I'm sure is a good school in its own right) is not a comparison.

She's an empty suit (intellectually at least). She actually attended five (count 'em) different colleges before finally graduating. She couldn't get even one of her three oldest children to graduate high school. Helluva a track record there, for sure.
Palin is great at telling the faithful what they want to hear. She speaks with conviction and is convincing. Beyond that she is pretty much of an empty hat. Beyond the second or third question, on any subject, she will backslide to the rhetoric and one liners. Since bursting on the scene here in Alaska her high point was the 2008 convention and it has been a slide ever since. Palin rarely walks the talk and lately it has been: the louder she speaks the fewer who listen. She is however a great cheerleader and can make lots of money like most of us can only dream.
You didn't seem to have any issues disparaging Bush's intellect and he was a Yale grad. Frankly, I just look at what they say, write and opine, then go from there. Ronald Reagan was also accused of being intellectually lacking, yet his mastery of his job, his writing and philosophies are now recognized by many as being demonstrative of a superb intellect. Obama is a Harvard Graduate, and I believe John Kerry is also Ivy league and he is as dumb as a box of rocks.

You got this one right. Easy to prove by their accomplishments or lack of. Reagan graduated from little old Eureka College where he majored in sports and good times.

Palin (whose vocal chords are akin to nails on a chalkboard) has spoken and written some very well-reasoned philosophies and Hillary has not. Both however are TERRIBLE orators. Bottom line is I LIKE just about everything she says and I don't like ANYTHING Hillary has to say, much less her personal and proven lack of integrity. I'll close by saying I agree with Ann Coulter, who said if women didn't vote, the last democrat elected for president would have been FDR....

You got this one wrong. Also easy to prove.
Nails on a chalkboard vocal cords do not work for FOX.
TERRIBLE orators do not get invited to Cambridge. It just does not happen.
Sarah has a stage presence, the so-called �It� factor that all the rest would die for. Including Coulter.

You certainly got Hillary right about content in her speeches.
Even when Sarah gets lost in her notes, the Conservative message is still there.
But there is more...
Sarah speaks to overflowing rooms. Hillary speaks to half-fulled rooms.

She'd get killed in a debate with even the most mediocre accomplished politician.

and that's why she won't run, but she'll milk it all the way to the bank.
Like her or not, Sarah's done more for conservative politics than anyone in the political arena today.

She's an empty suit (intellectually at least). She actually attended five (count 'em) different colleges before finally graduating. She couldn't get even one of her three oldest children to graduate high school. Helluva a track record there, for sure.

You are embarrassing yourself and conservatives.
With your track record about Sarah and now with her family, you really need to change your Kool-Aid.

Helluva a �Track� record here, for sure.
Track Palin graduated from Wasilla High School in 2007 and joined the Army. Went to Iraq. Went to Afghanistan. Has a family and fishes for a living.

Bristol Palin returned with her son and graduated from Wasilla High School in 2009 and Penrose Academy beauty school in Scottsdale, AZ in 2014. With her NYT bestseller and her TV series, she probably has more money than you or I do.

Willow Palin graduated early from Wasilla High School in 2012 and Penrose Academy beauty school in Scottsdale, AZ in 2013. She is in the business with Legal Name: Willow Bianca LLC

Piper Palin is almost 14 and plays basketball like her Mom.

Trig Palin is almost 7 and graduated pre-school in May of 2014. �With Honors� his proud Mom said.
Rush doesn't have a college degree and he's very well spoken and right 99% of the time.
...Palin (whose vocal chords are akin to nails on a chalkboard)...

Her unnatural presentation and strained, stressed voice somehow manage to overshadow what good she has to say. She does not come off as presidential material. And her nomination would improve the liberals' chances of success.
If Harvard and Yale are what we are judging people's political value upon, we've got a long way to go toward sanity.
Originally Posted by RickyD
Sarah's done more for conservative politics than anyone in the political arena today.

Like what...? Preachin' to the choir...?
Preachin' to the choir isn't gonna bring about the change that's needed to win a presidential election. Whippin' the BOWSINGER's of the population into a frenzy isn't gonna get it done...!

...no offence to BOWSINGER.
Pre school has "Honors"? Tongue in cheek, I would hope.
give her a break. her teleprompter was rebooting. but at least she was sporting some decent side-boob action.
She'd get killed in a debate with even the most mediocre accomplished politician.

and that's why she won't run, but she'll milk it all the way to the bank.

This is almost as stupid as your �Hillary went to Yale and Sarah only went to U of Idaho� post. Nothing was as stupid as that.

Mayor and Governor Palin did dozens of debates in Alaska and never lost one.

Part U of Idaho journalism school, more as a student of Reagan, and mostly her God-given natural political instincts; Sarah knows that nonverbal communication, not soon forgotten mundane facts, provide over 90 percent of what people take away from any debate.

She ignores where the moderator wants to lead her or to dance with her opponent.

You use the debate to say what you want to say and get your message out loud and clear.
You use the debate to show strong convictions and build trust. Look them right in the eye.
And you do it as Reagan did so many times.
With a wink and a nod and that we-are-all-in-this-together look.

Who won, Biden or Palin? Nobody remembers the many talking points, but everyone remembers based on the WAY Palin talked; she meant every damn word she said.

That debate put McCain in first place until he screwed it all up.

Andrew Halcro served two terms as a Republican member of the Alaska State House of Representatives. He ran for governor as an Independent in 2006, debating Sarah Palin more than two dozen times.
10.1.08 Anchorage, Alaska � When he faces off against Sarah Palin Thursday night, Joe Biden will have his hands full.

I should know. I've debated Governor Palin more than two dozen times.
And she's a master, not of facts, figures, or insightful policy recommendations, but at the fine art of the non-answer, the glittering generality.
Against such charms there is little Senator Biden, or anyone, can do.
She is an idiot born of the curious Republican need to be "us too". The Republicans are always eager to throw out a woman or a black person to try and show that they are not the party of old white men instead of putting old white men out there who ACTUALLY articulate and advance ideas. And sometimes when they do this, they get someone who is not quite ready for primetime or who has not been properly vetted by experience. Joni Ernst is another example.

Face it, the Republicans have completely turned away from the ideas and ideology of Ronald Reagan (an old white man) and now all they have is to try and show that they aren't as mean as the Democrats try to make them out to be.

Palin and especially Ernst might well be competent in lots of ways, BUT they do not need to be the face of Republicans.
I don't know how she does it, but she turns commies into babbling idiots. (Both here and on DU.) Regardless keep up the good work Sarah, and keep posting her stuff Bow. I don't usually comment but I read it all and thoroughly enjoy how it gets the campfire leftists wound up.

[Linked Image]
No, she's winding up the campfire conservatives---the ones that want to save what's left of conservatism from the certain destruction that will follow if the Republicans run her for president. We're fighting against "political suicide by Sarah Palin". Sure, her rhetoric is good, but the rest of her is poison.
LMAO
You guys are gonna get Bows all worked up and typing in BOLD again...he'll have to take a pill to sleep.
This could be a stand alone post guys. Any time Palin is striking out against Billo one has to laugh out loud! So who is the true conservative here? Billo or the Cheerleader?

It doesn't get much better than this exchange!

For your approval!

�This is war�: Sarah Palin slams �quasi-conservative� O�Reilly for not taking her fake 2016 candidacy seriously

Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin came out swinging against her Fox News colleague Bill O�Reilly on Tuesday, ripping the anchor for not taking her latest flirtation with a presidential bid seriously and lumping O�Reilly in with dreaded �quasi- or assumed conservative� elements in the media.

During an appearance on last night�s �Hannity,� Palin brushed off the overwhelmingly negative reaction to the bizarre spectacle of a speech she delivered before King�s summit this weekend. The 2008 GOP vice presidential nominee then resorted to one of her favorite standbys � a visceral attack on the lamestream media, who must be vanquishe

and here is Billo

�All these GOP contenders thinking about running for president, like Donald Trump, Sarah Palin,� and he named some others � and he said, �Oh, what a reality show that would be, yuck yuck,��

When the likes of Billo refuses to take Palin seriously well....Good night Sarah!

You may now begin the mindless attack!
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
You guys are gonna get Bows all worked up and typing in BOLD again...he'll have to take a pill to sleep.

Naw, just some lidocaine lotion as he'll have rubbed it raw.
Originally Posted by JoeBob
She is an idiot born of the curious Republican need to be "us too". The Republicans are always eager to throw out a woman or a black person to try and show that they are not the party of old white men instead of putting old white men out there who ACTUALLY articulate and advance ideas. And sometimes when they do this, they get someone who is not quite ready for primetime or who has not been properly vetted by experience. Joni Ernst is another example.

Face it, the Republicans have completely turned away from the ideas and ideology of Ronald Reagan (an old white man) and now all they have is to try and show that they aren't as mean as the Democrats try to make them out to be.

Palin and especially Ernst might well be competent in lots of ways, BUT they do not need to be the face of Republicans.

No one has embraced the ideas and ideology of Ronald Reagan and learned more from him than Sarah Palin.

Her books and speeches bear this out, beyond question.
Sarah's come from behind election wins when she in at the top of the ticket prove it.

She is the biggest enemy, pain in the ass and thorn in their side the Republicans have.

In 2008 Sarah Palin was by far, the best face the Republicans have had since Reagan.

Originally Posted by northwestalaska
This could be a stand alone post guys. Any time Palin is striking out against Billo one has to laugh out loud! So who is the true conservative here? Billo or the Cheerleader?

It doesn't get much better than this exchange!

For your approval!

�This is war�: Sarah Palin slams �quasi-conservative� O�Reilly for not taking her fake 2016 candidacy seriously

Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin came out swinging against her Fox News colleague Bill O�Reilly on Tuesday, ripping the anchor for not taking her latest flirtation with a presidential bid seriously and lumping O�Reilly in with dreaded �quasi- or assumed conservative� elements in the media.

During an appearance on last night�s �Hannity,� Palin brushed off the overwhelmingly negative reaction to the bizarre spectacle of a speech she delivered before King�s summit this weekend. The 2008 GOP vice presidential nominee then resorted to one of her favorite standbys � a visceral attack on the lamestream media, who must be vanquishe

and here is Billo

�All these GOP contenders thinking about running for president, like Donald Trump, Sarah Palin,� and he named some others � and he said, �Oh, what a reality show that would be, yuck yuck,��

When the likes of Billo refuses to take Palin seriously well....Good night Sarah!

You may now begin the mindless attack!
You're an idiot.
Won't matter by '16. Obamacare will be in full effect. The truth will be out. Whoever has the R beside their name will win. The GOP could run cristy even though he's to the left of obama on most issues. It won't matter. The guy with the R wins. Palin is doing nothing but educating low information voters, and pissing off liberals. And I applaud her for it.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
grin grin grin grin
Originally Posted by watch4bear
[Linked Image]

I'd go post that one over on DU, but I just got over a 90 day suspension. Anybody else ever go trolling over there?
Originally Posted by mog75

Anybody else ever go trolling over there?

I did for about 30 seconds.

They didn't suspend, went straight to banned.
You have to keep quiet for your first 3 months, or just go along with the crowd. They have a MIRT team "malicious intruder something or other". It seems to concentrate on newbs. Once you're past that it's just the juries, and those are surprising lenient.

No one has embraced the ideas and ideology of Ronald Reagan and learned more from him than Sarah Palin.

Her books and speeches bear this out, beyond question.

In 2008 Sarah Palin was by far, the best face the Republicans have had since Reagan.

And she speaks Latin as well!

Coke on, nwa?
Sarah Palin reading a soup can label is more interesting, truthful and patriotic than sworn testimony of Benghazi Clinton could ever be.

Gawd... Conservatives are held to a much higher level than any lying liberal skank ever was or will be...

God Bless Sarah Palin a true American Patriot!

She might be a "patriot", but she's not smart enough to be President, and she can't win an election
Originally Posted by Snyper

She might be a "patriot", but she's not smart enough to be President, and she can't win an election

I can certainly respect that opinion for sure, but she has 10X the political appeal/savvy than Hillary does, and that was my only point. And I still stick with my issue with her shrill voice and Ann Coulter's theory as well. I would have probably voted for Margaret Thatcher, but she's dead now and a British Subject....
my guess is she's going to tease the Bowsingers of the world into a lather with hinting at considering the possibility of running for president thus ensuring 4 more years of lucrative speaking gigs and fox news appearances before announcing that in a moment of reflection thru faith, her family and people in the political arena reaching out to her, she is going to sit this one out and continue playing the more important role of throwing her support to tea party candidates and true patriots that are out there making this country better

and they'll believe every word of it while proclaiming she could have easily won

so in that sense- she is as smart as fox because

1. she knows she wouldn't win the presidency
2. if she did run she'd have a laundry list of embarrassing gaffs that would make her lose credibility with the believers.
3. after she dropped out of the election, she'd be delegated to also-ran who would see fewer opportunities to be looked upon as a talking head expert on some subject. She isn't about to give up that lucrative position. I wouldn't be surprised to hear she has a book coming out in the next few months capitalizing on the attention the election cycle generates for her.

does that make her any worse than 90% of the other politicians out there? no - but I'm not ever going to believe that the home spun aww shucks persona she pushes somehow makes her qualified to be anything close to president, and there are many more qualified conservatives out there who should be considered before her.

To all you Palin haters:
She is a jewel in the rough , as far as her speeches go, probably will never sound as good as obama,
However, you who critique her on speech show your ignorance and poor political acumen.
Go get your avocados for the super bowl game.
Which conservative would you like to vote for?
Which conservative would you like to vote for?

way to early to decide - early on I would have said Rand but he's knee deep in the political game and I'm losing faith in him fast.

I was a Ron Paul supporter, and I understand all that means to some here, but even as a supporter, I never believed he came across as looking presidential, he wasn't an accomplished debater, but I believed in most of his message (I don't believe that free trade really exists between countries).

So I can see the appeal to Palin to some, but what I don't get is this idea that every GOP candidate is smarter , has better morals, and is a better overall person than a democrat.

If you want to say Sara Palin is more appealing than Hillary - OK I get it, has a better platform? Ok, is a better Christian? OK - I'm sure there are many aspects of Sara that you can choose over Hillary.

But more intellectual? no - and its not even close.

I guess if you aren't all in for Sara being better in every aspect than Hillary , its some sign of weakness.

Personally I don't want either one of them being president and if those were my choices I'd vote 3rd party.

But I'll be honest about what I see in a candidate. There is no need to make them more than what they are.

I don't understand why people just can't say "she isn't a very good speaker, she may not know everything she needs to about the world but I believe in her and I think she'd be a good president" because when you start talking about how great she is , for example, in being intellectual, I think you lose credibility.
So-called "raw intelligence" is not a prerequisite or requirement for winning the POTUS.
my guess is she's going to tease the Bowsingers of the world into a lather with hinting at considering the possibility of running for president thus ensuring 4 more years of lucrative speaking gigs and fox news appearances before announcing that in a moment of reflection thru faith, her family and people in the political arena reaching out to her, she is going to sit this one out and continue playing the more important role of throwing her support to tea party candidates and true patriots that are out there making this country better

and they'll believe every word of it while proclaiming she could have easily won

so in that sense- she is as smart as fox because

1. she knows she wouldn't win the presidency
2. if she did run she'd have a laundry list of embarrassing gaffs that would make her lose credibility with the believers.
3. after she dropped out of the election, she'd be delegated to also-ran who would see fewer opportunities to be looked upon as a talking head expert on some subject. She isn't about to give up that lucrative position. I wouldn't be surprised to hear she has a book coming out in the next few months capitalizing on the attention the election cycle generates for her.

does that make her any worse than 90% of the other politicians out there? no - but I'm not ever going to believe that the home spun aww shucks persona she pushes somehow makes her qualified to be anything close to president, and there are many more qualified conservatives out there who should be considered before her.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ This ^^^^^^^^^^^

Well,,,, "This" and the fact that she walked away from her sworn oath as Governor.

And don't give me that chit that she did it for the good of AK.
She did it because it was in her financial interest. And because of that, she'll never be anything more than a political hack in my eye's.
Thank you for answering, and at least you're honest. I have serious doubt Sarah will run, but her message is a good one and if it accomplishes anything I hope it will help push the GOP toward running a republican. It seems like you swing either way R or D. At least you have an open mind. For those of us who are staunch republicans nothing would be worse than hillary vs. Cristy. I don't know if I would stay home, or vote for hillary. Just hoping Sarah gets the message across so that we don't let that situation occur.

P.S. any debates between hillary and Cruz would totally destroy hillary. Unlikely to happen as well, but I can dream.
What is her message? When as governor she was faced with the choice of shrinking the welfare state or raising taxes, she raised taxes. When later she was faced with the choice of supporting the Tea Party or supporting John McCain in Arizona, she came out with a strong endorsement of McCain.

If Sarah Palin didn't look like she does and/or she were a man or even a woman who looked like Hillary Clinton, no one would even know her name.
[
I was a Ron Paul supporter, but what I don't get is this idea that every GOP candidate has better morals, and is a better overall person than a democrat.

There's two of your problems right there. RP was a complete na�ve rube when it came to Foreign Policy (and I still would have gladly voted for him had he been the nominee)and as far as the latter, having a D after your name means (to me) you are an enemy to the American Way of Life.
That is a good one, add. Does bring back memories of Captain Queeg on the stand.

I wonder if Sara Palin ever found the strawberries.
To respond to your edit: no, she is not a good speaker. But her message is excellent. Quite the opposite of hillary and obama who give great speaches. While their messages are [bleep]. I'm kind of thinking Sarah probably writes her own speeches, and shouldn't.
[
I was a Ron Paul supporter, but what I don't get is this idea that every GOP candidate has better morals, and is a better overall person than a democrat.

There's two of your problems right there. RP was a complete na�ve rube when it came to Foreign Policy (and I still would have gladly voted for him had he been the nominee)and as far as the latter, having a D after your name means (to me) you are an enemy to the American Way of Life.

its not a problem to me.

That's obvious; on both counts.
Thank you for answering, and at least you're honest. I have serious doubt Sarah will run, but her message is a good one and if it accomplishes anything I hope it will help push the GOP toward running a republican. It seems like you swing either way R or D. At least you have an open mind. For those of us who are staunch republicans nothing would be worse than hillary vs. Cristy. I don't know if I would stay home, or vote for hillary. Just hoping Sarah gets the message across so that we don't let that situation occur.

P.S. any debates between hillary and Cruz would totally destroy hillary. Unlikely to happen as well, but I can dream.

No, that's one of the problems on this board - if you don't pull the lever for R's, then you must vote for democrats.

I didn't vote for Romney because I thought he was too liberal.

Of course to some that means I indirectly voted for Obama. I ignore those people. I pull the lever for who I think will be the best president. Gary Johnson got my vote in the last election.

Its not my responsibility to vote for a Republican, its the Republicans responsibility to give me a candidate I can vote for.

Lately they haven't been close.

Any regrets?
A good read on the Third Party vote with some good examples. Full disclosure there are other theories supporting the opposite view, but this one as presented made sense to me:

wasted vote?
To those in AK,..could SP have been elected to the Senate in 2012 if she'd have ran.?

What's the general feel? Sounds like she could have walked away with that job easily but I don't know what's going on with AK politics.

If so, why didn't she run.?
Any regrets?

Obamacare is killing healthcare in this country.

but as long as we give the republicans unconditional support, we're going to continue to get these people that people like Jorge don't vote for, they just vote against the other candidate, and then spend the next 3 years telling me how wrong my logic is while they wait for their chance to vote against the next Democrat.
Your argument LACKS logic. Trying to prove a negative is a false narrative. Had Romney won, who is to say obamacare would not have been cancelled? Romney DID say he would have done so. I just try (try) to look at things factually and facts, at least to me, lend credence to the concept of voting for a candidate with ZERO chance of winning as bad logic. Lastly, I voted AGAINST Kerry and he lost, that right there, puts pay to your posit.
he asked if I had any regrets. I said Obamacare is killing healthcare.

I'm implying that if a republican had won, we wouldn't have Obamacare.

after that I hear the teacher on Charlie Brown when reading your post
Completely understand the analogy and why your compiler acts like the teacher of Charlie Brown..
Originally Posted by cisco1
To all you Palin haters:
She is a jewel in the rough , as far as her speeches go, probably will never sound as good as obama,
However, you who critique her on speech show your ignorance and poor political acumen.

I don't hate her
I'm just a realist, and she's not smart enough to do more than she is doing now, which is looking good and parroting rhetoric to get some folk all excited
Originally Posted by Snyper
Originally Posted by cisco1
To all you Palin haters:

I don't hate her
I'm just a realist, and she's not smart enough to do more than she is doing now, which is looking good and parroting rhetoric to get some folk all excited

Here at this Campfire, if you don't go along with the Palin cheerleaders, then you "hate" her...just like if you don't go along with the Republican Party cheerleaders, then you're a commie liberal.
Here at this Campfire, if you don't go along with the Palin cheerleaders, then you "hate" her...just like if you don't go along with the Republican Party cheerleaders, then you're a commie liberal.

Jane you ignorant slut; its not about her, but her message, and if you disagree with that, you are a commie POS. grin

... its not about her, but her message...

Her message is reminiscent of a modern day Elmer Gantry. Tell the 'believers' what they want to hear (since they are the 'only' ones receptive to it), whip em' into a frenzy in the process...and profit financially from it in a huge way.
I think Clinton graduated from Yale Law School after graduating from some east coast prep college.

Are you familiar with this moron who is a graduate of Yale and the University of Virginia School of Law?

[Linked Image]
All his compiler will translate is the sound of Charlie brown's teacher...
DW444,I doubt Sarah would have made it out of her primary. She has had more than 8 years to improve herself in the political arena. So far, she had exhibited ambition only to be a sideline player and to enrich herself. I'm not critical of that however don't try to bull$hit me into thinking you are serious about representing the voters, in any capacity, when you will not put in the work, sweat, time and energy to improve and educate yourself in the many crucial aspects of public office. I get it the she is for God, guns and family but you need to show me more.

... its not about her, but her message...

Her message is reminiscent of a modern day Elmer Gantry. Tell the 'believers' what they want to hear (since they are the 'only' ones receptive to it), whip em' into a frenzy in the process...and profit financially from it in a huge way.

Damned if she does and damned if she doesn't...
Sarah is a terrible orator or she is Elmer Gantry...
Only tells the �believers� as compared to all those who are so good at telling all the rest?

And gets paid to speak????
Wonder what Sarah was paid for her conservative message in Seoul, South Korea or what she will pull down first of March in Cambridge, England when she explains, once again, what American Conservatism is all about.
Wonder what Sarah pulls down year after year with her terrible voice as a FOX News contributor?
Originally Posted by pak
DW444,I doubt Sarah would have made it out of her primary. She has had more than 8 years to improve herself in the political arena. So far, she had exhibited ambition only to be a sideline player and to enrich herself. I'm not critical of that however don't try to bull$hit me into thinking you are serious about representing the voters, in any capacity, when you will not put in the work, sweat, time and energy to improve and educate yourself in the many crucial aspects of public office. I get it the she is for God, guns and family but you need to show me more.

How about this?

Sarah Palin No Longer 'A Major Player' for Many Conservatives

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com

And the reviews are scathing.

Charles C.W. Cooke, of The National Review, for example, panned the speech as the "foreordained culmination of a slow and unseemly descent into farce ... Palin should leave the field to those who are in possession of genuine political aspirations, and she should refrain from treating the Republican party as if it were a little more than a convenient vehicle for her private ambition."

"Conservatives still empathize with her over the beating she took from the media in 2008," York said. "But if there is indeed nothing behind her 'seriously interested' talk � and it appears there is not � should she be included in events leading up to the 2016 caucuses?"

I guess the love is gone Bow!

Originally Posted by pak

Interesting PAK, didn't know how she's viewed by AK'ers as my only interaction with AK'ers is on the Fire..

Thought they might be more along the lines of what Bowsinger thinks since it's her stomping grounds, apparently not...
Bow's confirmation bias is very needy.
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
Originally Posted by pak

Interesting PAK, didn't know how she's viewed by AK'ers as my only interaction with AK'ers is on the Fire..

Thought they might be more along the lines of what Bowsinger thinks since it's her stomping grounds, apparently not...

When Alaska was the only state in the Union that did not protect their governors from frivolous lawsuits, they lost the highest rated governor they ever had. With by far the best record of any governor they ever had.

I was wrong when I said before that Sarah had been hit with over $500,000 in legal bills in just one year.
They have rerun the numbers and it was over $500,000 in legal bills in just eight months and no end in sight.
Every case was tossed only to be replaced by the next to keep Sarah and her staff unable to do their jobs. And costing the state even more money. Right out of the far left playbook.

Governor Palin never quit. She was forced out of office. And Alaska did not lift a damn finger to help until it was too late.

So Sarah reloaded and went back to the national scene and joined a Tea Party.
And spent the past eight years putting in more work, sweat, time and energy then anyone else building that Party.
I have posted on this thread where the Iowa Tea Party just said the same thing.

Sarah Palin still has enough power and stature in Alaska to move the needle and help elect their new Senator.

But Sarah has moved on.
© 24hourcampfire