Home
He feels your pain....

It's no longer just "snow or inches" here, it's "damned snow" or "damned inches" going forward.
Originally Posted by Raeford
It's no longer just "snow or inches" here, it's "damned snow" or "damned inches" going forward.

Your alive !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think so...

BRB....

yep, mirror confirms it.

grin

Had rain last weekend, was 72 here yesterday.
We've had maybe a total of 5" of snow here in TN. and schools been closed since last Monday.
That's why God made Arizona.

Kent
"It is winter..." Red Green.
We've got about 6" on the ground, now - and hoping for more.
We might have the best spring start in years - hoping the high country is getting pounded so the lakes come up. Sangre de Cristos were at about 60% as of yesterday.
Did I mention that I'm darned tired of drought? (since 1999)
I think so...

BRB....

yep, mirror confirms it.

grin

Phewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww !!!! Thought it was you, but I couldn't tell without your clothes on....
We got 10" of snow last night. That's the most I can remember in my lifetime. We might get 4"-6" every few years. We had a big snow last year of about 7" and it was the first my 9 year old had ever seen beyond a light dusting. Snow only lasts a few days to a week around here and everyone acts like it's the end of the world when it's forecast.
grinCandy asses grin
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
yesterday
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by 1tnhunter
We've had maybe a total of 5" of snow here in TN. and schools been closed since last Monday.

I've lost count of how many damned inches we've gotten, here in western NC.

My daughter has been to school maybe 3 days in the last 2-1/2 weeks.
Originally Posted by blynyrd

grinShe[Linked Image] needs a hobby grin
Originally Posted by EvilTwin

grinShe[Linked Image] needs a hobby grin

Workin' on it.

Right now her hobby is making hot cocoa and fighting with her little brother.

Lucky me, I'm self employed and my wife's office rarely closes, so out of those 3 weeks guess who gets to stay home with them.

I think tonight after swmbo gets home my new hobby is going to be heading outside, where it's quiet, and drinking that bourbon Steve sent me last year and trying my hand at hypothermia. It sounds kind of peaceful.
Its time for a vacation. It's summer at McMurdo Bay.
Outdoor swim meet in February. Blew my mind!

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by ironbender
Outdoor swim meet in February. Blew my mind!

[Linked Image]

I'm going out on a limb and assume that is not in Alaska?
What was your first hint? laugh

That's La Mirada, CA. last week. I had to buy sun screen.
And we are wondering where winter is. On my wifes birthday last week it was 64 degrees, that was an 80 degree shift from last year.
Three weeks ago I was cutting wood in a T-shirt at 60+ for a four day run. We've been below 0 as many times as we have been above 32 since. crazy
Yeah, no swimming today.

Could have a couple of weekends ago.

[img]https://scontent-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/h...5d53b1a95024d11a54fa1322&oe=55855AAB[/img]

Some sledding and a little welding going today.

[img]https://scontent-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/h...10cac55a5e8385dbe06fa332&oe=554DE859[/img]
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Its time for a vacation. It's summer at McMurdo Bay.

Of course, this was a suggestion - not a complaint. RC hasn't seen snow for weeks.

We only used half our firewood allotment this winter. I want to thank all of you in the east for taking on our share of winter this year.

......Not that we've even had a real winter for about 25 years. cool < gotta wear shades.

In the same boat. I have missed work twice because the boss won't let us out on the interstate with slick conditions. Its not us he worries about its the idiots doing the regular speed limit and loosing it when they have to brake or change lanes. The kids haven't been to school either, but grainger co. calls school off if the wind blows out of the west so it was expected.
ML, glad you are OK and this thread was put up in humor. The title kind of blew me away !
It's not so much the snow as it is the temperatures around here. Woke this AM to -28 and it has peaked out at -1 for a high today.

Our service department is going crazy trying to keep up with frozen pipes and failed furnaces. One of our service plumbers clocked 104 hours last week and that's after doubling the number of men on call.
Come on over, and we'll do some shootin' off the bench...

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by bruinruin
It's not so much the snow as it is the temperatures around here.

It is the same here, and the weather people keep saying warmer weather just around the corner, wish they would tell what $%^&*() corner !
Some of you fellers should check load limits on your roofs!
Originally Posted by 284LUVR
ML, glad you are OK and this thread was put up in humor.

Yes, I am okay. Just not so enamored of the colour white or anything slightly related to winter, ice, snow, or cold. I was offered ice cream the other day to make me feel better about the weather, that will not be happening again any time soon, I can guarantee that.

Thanks for the concern though smile
It has been colder here than we have seen for a few years but people have short memories. It is winter, in a few months it will be too $%&*#@$ hot.
"Yes, I am okay. Just not so enamored of the colour white or anything slightly related to winter, ice, snow, or cold. I was offered ice cream the other day to make me feel better about the weather, that will not be happening again any time soon, I can guarantee that."

Sometimes, pushing the gas pedal to the floor whilst the vehicle is parked in the garage[with the door down] makes me feel better when I get like that. wink
"Yes, I am okay. Just not so enamored of the colour white or anything slightly related to winter, ice, snow, or cold. I was offered ice cream the other day to make me feel better about the weather, that will not be happening again any time soon, I can guarantee that."

Sometimes, pushing the gas pedal to the floor whilst the vehicle is parked in the garage[with the door down] makes me feel better when I get like that. wink

I was outside driving in [with the door down], and your damn straight it makes you feel better. I felt great ! The ex, not so much ! grin

HEY ! That was classified information even ! grin
I was just sayin how it can sometimes make me feel better. smile
I was just sayin how it can sometimes make me feel better. smile

"DOOOOOOH" !

Ummmmmmmm yeah ! Let's just disregard whatever it is that my evil twin sister wrote in that last post under my name. She's a troublemaker even blush
I have a sudden craving for some Rocky Road.
Damned pesky twins!
They're almost as bad the snow! mad
Funny how the east coast crowds are freaking out, over what Canadians or Alaskans in particular would just take in stride...

Places like Minnesota or North Dakota or the U.P. of Michigan.. they get a big dump on Monday, they just get out the snow plows... and another big dump on Wednesday, they just get out the snow plows again...

a little hardship on the east coast and they freak out...
ya get far enough south, the only snow removal equipment they have is solar power....

living in North Carolina back in 1967 at Ft Bragg.. we had an ice store and then 1/2 of an inch of snow... and were out of school for 2 weeks...

Folks aren't as tough as previous generations were...heavy snow fall like New England is experiencing now, is much like they use to get right up to around 1900 or so...

Boston freaks out and 150 miles straight down I 90 to the West, its just another day of the week over in New York State...I use to laugh at that when going to college in BeanTown.

just strikes me as funny the way people's perspectives go...
guess it is what ya get use to in life...

Pretty cool tool to remove snow from your roof.

http://youtu.be/EIT_eUosgTM
More so just tired of it. Being in the mtns of SWVA we are prone to getting some fairly sizable snowfalls. 2-1/2 to 3' at a spell are not all that uncommon here but certainly are not the norm. What we are used to though is those snows melting off relatively quickly here, like in less than 5 days give or take. Not used to one snow piling on top of another and then another and so on which has been the case this year. And while the Blue Ridge mtns may not reach to heights much like the Rockies and others out west, they're very steep with mostly hollars instead of valley's so there is no avoiding the idiots that have no clue how to get around in the snow.
I have a mile+ of driveway to keep clear and have not complained once about as I wouldn't have it any other way. smile

Rocky road flavoured HOT chocolate, right ? cool
Damned pesky twins!
They're almost as bad the snow! mad

Twice the trouble, but twice the pleasure, not ! grin
Originally Posted by DesertSandman

I wonder how that works when one has to reach 2+ times the height in that vid.
Originally Posted by Miss Lynn

Rocky road flavoured HOT chocolate, right ? cool

But of course young lady.
I was offered ice cream the other day to make me feel better about the weather, that will not be happening again any time soon, I can guarantee that.

I'm detecting cabin fever driven anger here and a visual is starting form.

Please tell us there's video to go with the above. wink laugh

PEACE !!!! No striking above the shoe tops. wink grin
Originally Posted by krp
That's why God made Arizona.

Kent

Of course, if we want snow, all I have to do is drive up to DARBY's place a couple hours away, where the whiner cry's over a little snow on his porch and truck.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
What is this snow you speak of?
More cowbell!
Originally Posted by bruinruin
It's not so much the snow as it is the temperatures around here.

It is the same here, and the weather people keep saying warmer weather just around the corner, wish they would tell what $%^&*() corner !

Now, now, Miss Lynn remember you are a Lady. Just keep warm , you are from Quebec as well, you know what snow and cold are!! Cheers NC
Originally Posted by eh76
More cowbell!

OK... grin

Originally Posted by northcountry

Now, now, Miss Lynn remember you are a Lady. Just keep warm , you are from Quebec as well, you know what snow and cold are!! Cheers NC

I was an angry lady today, and now I am paying for it, with my problem. BP is up and heart rate is rising, and I have taken a little something to stop me from doing unlady like things to unintelligent beings who claim to be human, and who make my derriere twitch, which is not a good thing in my realm.

At this moment I am curled up in my pj's, waiting on a cup of tea, and a biscuit or two. The pill is beginning to work, and I am warmer now.

Thank you. Your always the voice of peace and sanity for me smile
The extended weather forecast,
[video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=GAq1Ml3PlGc[/video]
More so just tired of it. Being in the mtns of SWVA we are prone to getting some fairly sizable snowfalls. 2-1/2 to 3' at a spell are not all that uncommon here but certainly are not the norm. What we are used to though is those snows melting off relatively quickly here, like in less than 5 days give or take. Not used to one snow piling on top of another and then another and so on which has been the case this year. And while the Blue Ridge mtns may not reach to heights much like the Rockies and others out west, they're very steep with mostly hollars instead of valley's so there is no avoiding the idiots that have no clue how to get around in the snow.
I have a mile+ of driveway to keep clear and have not complained once about as I wouldn't have it any other way. smile

Raeford....

just FYI, I am from Bluefield... and have a lot of family scattered between Beckley down to Wytheville, Christiansburg and Blacksburg...
Miss Lynn
Glad I can bring a little peace and tranquility in to you life from time to time. Cheers NC

BP is up and heart rate is rising, and I have taken a little something to stop me

When my teenagers move out I will be in a perpetual state of bliss and calm. I could shrug off a nuke at that point. All a matter of perspective...
Originally Posted by DesertSandman

I wonder how that works when one has to reach 2+ times the height in that vid.

I guess you add extensions?

[Linked Image]
© 24hourcampfire