Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
And we are wondering where winter is. On my wifes birthday last week it was 64 degrees, that was an 80 degree shift from last year.

Hunt hard, kill clean, waste nothing and offer no apologies.

"In rifle work, group size is of some interest...but it is well to remember that a rifleman does not shoot groups, he shoots shots." Jeff Cooper

GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Three weeks ago I was cutting wood in a T-shirt at 60+ for a four day run. We've been below 0 as many times as we have been above 32 since. crazy

FJB & FJT
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Yeah, no swimming today.

Could have a couple of weekends ago.

[img]https://scontent-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/h...5d53b1a95024d11a54fa1322&oe=55855AAB[/img]

Some sledding and a little welding going today.

[img]https://scontent-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/h...10cac55a5e8385dbe06fa332&oe=554DE859[/img]

-Brian-
Whatever you do, do well.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Its time for a vacation. It's summer at McMurdo Bay.

Of course, this was a suggestion - not a complaint. RC hasn't seen snow for weeks.

We only used half our firewood allotment this winter. I want to thank all of you in the east for taking on our share of winter this year.

......Not that we've even had a real winter for about 25 years. cool < gotta wear shades.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by blynyrd
Originally Posted by 1tnhunter
We've had maybe a total of 5" of snow here in TN. and schools been closed since last Monday.

I've lost count of how many damned inches we've gotten, here in western NC.

My daughter has been to school maybe 3 days in the last 2-1/2 weeks.

In the same boat. I have missed work twice because the boss won't let us out on the interstate with slick conditions. Its not us he worries about its the idiots doing the regular speed limit and loosing it when they have to brake or change lanes. The kids haven't been to school either, but grainger co. calls school off if the wind blows out of the west so it was expected.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
ML, glad you are OK and this thread was put up in humor. The title kind of blew me away !

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
It's not so much the snow as it is the temperatures around here. Woke this AM to -28 and it has peaked out at -1 for a high today.

Our service department is going crazy trying to keep up with frozen pipes and failed furnaces. One of our service plumbers clocked 104 hours last week and that's after doubling the number of men on call.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Come on over, and we'll do some shootin' off the bench...

[Linked Image]

Old Fishermen never die, we just get reel tired.

May you build a ladder to the stars
and climb on every rung.
May you stay......Forever young
M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by bruinruin
It's not so much the snow as it is the temperatures around here.

It is the same here, and the weather people keep saying warmer weather just around the corner, wish they would tell what $%^&*() corner !

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Some of you fellers should check load limits on your roofs!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by 284LUVR
ML, glad you are OK and this thread was put up in humor.

Yes, I am okay. Just not so enamored of the colour white or anything slightly related to winter, ice, snow, or cold. I was offered ice cream the other day to make me feel better about the weather, that will not be happening again any time soon, I can guarantee that.

Thanks for the concern though smile

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It has been colder here than we have seen for a few years but people have short memories. It is winter, in a few months it will be too $%&*#@$ hot.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
"Yes, I am okay. Just not so enamored of the colour white or anything slightly related to winter, ice, snow, or cold. I was offered ice cream the other day to make me feel better about the weather, that will not be happening again any time soon, I can guarantee that."

Sometimes, pushing the gas pedal to the floor whilst the vehicle is parked in the garage[with the door down] makes me feel better when I get like that. wink

FJB & FJT
M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Raeford
"Yes, I am okay. Just not so enamored of the colour white or anything slightly related to winter, ice, snow, or cold. I was offered ice cream the other day to make me feel better about the weather, that will not be happening again any time soon, I can guarantee that."

Sometimes, pushing the gas pedal to the floor whilst the vehicle is parked in the garage[with the door down] makes me feel better when I get like that. wink

I was outside driving in [with the door down], and your damn straight it makes you feel better. I felt great ! The ex, not so much ! grin

HEY ! That was classified information even ! grin

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I was just sayin how it can sometimes make me feel better. smile

FJB & FJT
M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Raeford
I was just sayin how it can sometimes make me feel better. smile

"DOOOOOOH" !

Ummmmmmmm yeah ! Let's just disregard whatever it is that my evil twin sister wrote in that last post under my name. She's a troublemaker even blush

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have a sudden craving for some Rocky Road.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Damned pesky twins!
They're almost as bad the snow! mad

FJB & FJT
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Funny how the east coast crowds are freaking out, over what Canadians or Alaskans in particular would just take in stride...

Places like Minnesota or North Dakota or the U.P. of Michigan.. they get a big dump on Monday, they just get out the snow plows... and another big dump on Wednesday, they just get out the snow plows again...

a little hardship on the east coast and they freak out...
ya get far enough south, the only snow removal equipment they have is solar power....

living in North Carolina back in 1967 at Ft Bragg.. we had an ice store and then 1/2 of an inch of snow... and were out of school for 2 weeks...

Folks aren't as tough as previous generations were...heavy snow fall like New England is experiencing now, is much like they use to get right up to around 1900 or so...

Boston freaks out and 150 miles straight down I 90 to the West, its just another day of the week over in New York State...I use to laugh at that when going to college in BeanTown.

just strikes me as funny the way people's perspectives go...
guess it is what ya get use to in life...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ironbender
Some of you fellers should check load limits on your roofs!

Pretty cool tool to remove snow from your roof.

http://youtu.be/EIT_eUosgTM

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

285 members (10Glocks, 17CalFan, 160user, 12344mag, 1lessdog, 1lesfox, 24 invisible), 1,819 guests, and 1,047 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,872
Posts18,478,765
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.