Home
Posted By: Rock Chuck Quotes by cops - 03/01/15

“Here’s your quarter that you paid of my salary.”

“Take your hands off the car, and I’ll make your birth certificate a worthless document.”

“That says POLICE, not taxi.”

“You want a warning? OK, here’s your warning: If you speed again I’ll write you another ticket.”

“Life’s tough. It’s tougher if you’re stupid.”

“We don’t hire cops in this department; we hire common sense and make cops from it.”

“I’m glad to hear the chief of police is a good, personal friend of yours. At least you know someone who can post your bail.”

“Can I see your pilots license, cause you were flying down the road?”
Posted By: Colo_Wolf Re: Quotes by cops - 03/01/15
"No, pretty women do not get tickets from me. Sign here and send the fine to...."
Posted By: APDDSN0864 Re: Quotes by cops - 03/01/15
"Here, let me loan you my flashlight so you can see to pull your head out of that dark, stinking place that it is currently in."

"I know you pay my salary. Here is your opportunity to help pay the Judge's salary, too."

Ed

Posted By: Gun_Geezer Re: Quotes by cops - 03/01/15
"What'd you do wrong? 73 in a 70. License and registration, please".
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Quotes by cops - 03/01/15
and they can get away with that sort of trash talk, because they have the POWER.
Sam, I have never talked like that to anyone that didn't start the exchange by being a complete asshat and continuing until my patience was gone.

I am a patient person, but everyone has their limits and we are all human. It has nothing to do with "the POWER" and I got in hot water for both of those.

Ed
Posted By: ringworm Re: Quotes by cops - 03/01/15
"It's a lie! The evidence has been falsified! It's impossible! I never broke the law, I AM THE LAW!"

[Linked Image]
Posted By: dye7barrel Re: Quotes by cops - 03/01/15
Two kinds of cops. The ones that truly want to help then there's the ones who got stuffed into gym lockers in high school. Fortunately the good far outweigh the bad.
Posted By: antlers Re: Quotes by cops - 03/01/15
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
I have never talked like that to anyone that didn't start the exchange by being a complete asshat and continuing until my patience was gone.

Yep, we're all human...and it pisses working tax payers off to be stopped for some bull$hit traffic violation or expired tags by a government tax collector with a badge and a gun...all the while real crimes are taking place rampantly throughout the community.
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Quotes by cops - 03/01/15
BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM.............................................FREEEEEZZE!!!!! laugh
Posted By: Crockettnj Re: Quotes by cops - 03/01/15
I've had numerous positive interactions, but here's three I had going back about the mid 90's

They may not be news worthy, but at the time it sure left a bad taste in my mouth.

After my car had been heavily burglarized in my driveway and i requested fingerprints be taken from my interior and exterior where they clearly gained entry (prints CLEARLY visible)
"prints? Uh huh. This isnt the movies. Did you have an alarm?"

I parked in a legal spot behind a double parked police car. Officer was in the post office, and left ahead of me. While in the post office, the meter ran out. Officer was giving me a ticket when i came outside. I explained that the line was longer than I anticipated, and that he was in there too. Can I have a break on this? He said plan ahead and put in more money in the meter. I noted that he was in fact double parked, which is not legal either. and the quote...
"I dont have to follow parking laws, I enforce them".

I am certain I've said some stupid crap at work too.

Originally Posted by antlers
I have never talked like that to anyone that didn't start the exchange by being a complete asshat and continuing until my patience was gone.

Yep, we're all human...and it pisses working tax payers off to be stopped for some bull$hit traffic violation or expired tags by a government tax collector with a badge and a gun...all the while real crimes are taking place rampantly throughout the community.

So cops should stop enforcing traffic laws?

Do you have any idea how many crimes (not traffic infractions) that are solved through traffic stops? How many wanted felons are taken off the streets because they violated some "bullshit traffic violation"?

Your view is quite narrow and shows your ignorance about police work. I highly recommend that you contact your local LE agencies and ask about a "ride along". If your local agencies have a "Citizens Academy", I would also highly recommend that you attend it.

Ed
Posted By: T LEE Re: Quotes by cops - 03/01/15

Do you have any idea how many crimes (not traffic infractions) that are solved through traffic stops? How many wanted felons are taken off the streets because they violated some "bullshit traffic violation"?

Your view is quite narrow and shows your ignorance about police work. I highly recommend that you contact your local LE agencies and ask about a "ride along". If your local agencies have a "Citizens Academy", I would also highly recommend that you attend it.

Ed

Yep, lots of warrant arrests come out of traffic stops, drug busts too.

"Press hard, five copies" "Have a nice day" always brought a smile to my face, but then I wrote few actual citations, lots of warnings though.

If you stop someone for a bull$hit traffic violation and a real 'crime' (not a traffic infraction) is solved through that traffic stop...then that's great.
But if not, then why don't you just let the guy go without a ticket...?
If a wanted felon is taken off the streets because they violated some bull$hit traffic violation...then that's great.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Quotes by cops - 03/01/15
Originally Posted by gunner500
BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM.............................................FREEEEEZZE!!!!! laugh

The most popular for sure.
"Extra bacon...well then extra EXTRA bacon"
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Fireball2

The most popular for sure in da hood.

fixt. laugh
Posted By: rost495 Re: Quotes by cops - 03/01/15

If you stop someone for a bull$hit traffic violation and a real 'crime' (not a traffic infraction) is solved through that traffic stop...then that's great.
If a wanted felon is taken off the streets because they violated some bull$hit traffic violation...then that's great.

Most of em here do let em go.....

I"m about tired of the incesant pounding the LEO gets here.

In ANYTHING< and thats LEO included, there are likely 10% that are no good. 10% that are above average, and the other 80 percent does their job and are humans and do a good job at it.

I"m tired of bashing 90 because of 10...

Really, anyone with a brass shield on their front windshield or a PBA card from a family member will not be getting a ticket unless they are drunk and T bone someone (actually may even not then, as I've observed). The people without PBA cards should have known someone with a PBA card, right?

I doubt that's how it works everywhere, but it is most certainly the way it works here. Its messed up that some people do and others dont get tickets for the exact same offense (say, 6 miles over the limit on a freeway, rolling through a stop sign in a deserted area... etc)
Posted By: curdog4570 Re: Quotes by cops - 03/01/15
"After my car had been heavily burglarized in my driveway and i requested fingerprints be taken from my interior and exterior where they clearly gained entry (prints CLEARLY visible)
prints? Uh huh. This isnt the movies. Did you have an alarm?"

Had that exact conversation in almost the same circumstances.

The break in happened at a meeting place and a friend called the cops without my knowledge. The thief had taken my Ruger Security Six from behind the seat of my pickup, but left my Girlfriend's 30-30 in the cab.

Alarms weren't common then, but I got a lecture on carrying firearms in my pickup.

I did get the satisfaction of telling the jake-legged son of a bitch that I wasn't the one who sent for him and he go back home and get back to watching Ironsides.
Your view is quite narrow and shows your ignorance about police work.

Law enforcement cannot go 'out of business', it doesn’t have to worry about public disaffection or dissatisfaction like other businesses do. The role of police is to collect money and distribute force, authority, and sometimes violence, on behalf of the government...which is the 'only' clientele they have to please.

I have, far, far more times than I wrote a ticket. Most cops write warning tickets, or just give warnings. Some write everything. I know a couple of those and they are not well liked in the Department for their "black & white" view of the world.

Some agencies will not allow the officers to give warnings. That is something that needs to be addressed by the citizens to the politicians.

Please remember, it is YOUR department. Make your wishes known and not on an internet forum, but to the powers that be in your community.

Ed
Your view is quite narrow and shows your ignorance about police work.

Law enforcement cannot go 'out of business', it doesn’t have to worry about public disaffection or dissatisfaction like other businesses do. The role of police is to distribute force, authority, and someyimes violence, on behalf of the government...which is the 'only' clientele they have to please.

Yes, they can "go out of business". At least "business as usual". Changes can happen, I've personally seen it in both the Alaska State Troopers and the Anchorage Police Department.

YOU are the key to putting an end to "business as usual".

Ed
Posted By: mark shubert Re: Quotes by cops - 03/01/15

You in the Albuquerque PD?

(Sorry - I couldn't resist!)
Originally Posted by rost495

As with doctors who arent skilled, pharmacists who are dyslexic, and teachers who get too "chummy" with the kiddies, Police who abuse or bend their position of EXTREME power over those they interact with should be ferreted out with vigor.

The "10% as with any other profession" situation cant be tolerated. Police have FAR too much control in the ability to ruin days, weeks, bank accounts, and lives of the folks they interact with.

That 10% number should be reduced to 5%, and then 1%, and the force should make it part of their CAREER to do so. I think this is why some locations in the USA, probably smaller towns, have a more favorable view of their police force. They probably have more hand-on control over who gets hired and how they treat folks (AND VISA VERSA).

I respect every officer I interact with, and am raising my children to revere them as well. Every officer should look at their peers and think about that.

No one is in a better position to improve image and ferret out the bottom 10% than the officers themselves.
Posted By: milespatton Re: Quotes by cops - 03/01/15
Two kinds of cops. The ones that truly want to help then there's the ones who got stuffed into gym lockers in high school. Fortunately the good far outweigh the bad.

The red part seems to run more to town size. The smaller the town, the more of the ones that got stuffed into lockers. I know that it is a salary problem, but it is there. miles
"Now see my fist, they're about to F#ck you up"
Office Manuel Ramos
Fullerton California police department
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Kelly_Thomas
"I"m tired of bashing 90 because of 10... "

The problem on this forum is that the "10" is a theoretical number that forum cops will ALL condemn.

But, when one of the "10" has a particular identity, most of them rush to his defense, or at a minimum give him the benefit of the doubt, when there is no doubt.

The "10" are mythical creatures that always will be found "Not in my A.O."
Originally Posted by mark shubert

You in the Albuquerque PD?

(Sorry - I couldn't resist!)

HAHAHA, no, just a simple okie cowman here, we got good coppers out this way.
Posted By: Snyper Re: Quotes by cops - 03/01/15
it pisses working tax payers off to be stopped for some bull$hit traffic violation or expired tags

Don't do stupid BS and you won't get stopped at all

Why don't you not screw up and avoid the whole issue?
Posted By: mark shubert Re: Quotes by cops - 03/01/15
Actually APD does, too.
Much of the problem seems to be an excess of idiot "victims" - although they occasionally screw up (that darned human factor!)
Seeing motorcycle cops pull people over for "BS" seatbelt infractions?
Posted By: Hammerdown Re: Quotes by cops - 03/01/15
Dealing with perpetrators, they start with name dropping. My uncle is a cop" my neighbor is a cop" I would say-- "really that's nice, my son, his dad is a cop too. They would give me some crazy looks and try to figure out what I just said.
You'll stump em every time with that 'Jeopardy' like commentary Hammer. grin
Posted By: willflow Re: Quotes by cops - 03/01/15
Trying to relate motorcyclists with seatbelts is apples and oranges. If any of us are stupid enough to break the law we deserve to be called on it. If we just start ignoring your expired registration then we stop it all together and when your kid gets nabbed and you tell the police the plate number of the van the cop is going tell you all about how some dumbass complained about paying for it so they just gave up on it. Then all of a sudden you figure you figure out who the dumbass is.
Originally Posted by willflow
If any of us are stupid enough to break the law we deserve to be called on it.

Do you feel that way about gun laws too...?
Obviously no written test for AZ police.
If we just start ignoring your expired registration then we stop it all together and when your kid gets nabbed and you tell the police the plate number of the van the cop is going tell you all about how some dumbass complained about paying for it so they just gave up on it. Then all of a sudden you figure you figure out who the dumbass is.

Yeah...that's it, 'vehicle registration' was implemented by the government so just in case your kid gets nabbed and you give the police the plate number...they can catch the bad guy.

laffin'
Posted By: smarquez Re: Quotes by cops - 03/01/15
Working South Central L.A. in the mid 80's we would roll to an EMS "fight;assault" call with PD on scene and ask what do we have?
PD: "NVNNHI"
Posted By: Archerhunter Re: Quotes by cops - 03/01/15
Originally Posted by Hammerdown
Dealing with perpetrators, they start with name dropping. My uncle is a cop" my neighbor is a cop" I would say-- "really that's nice, my son, his dad is a cop too. They would give me some crazy looks and try to figure out what I just said.
lol

Amish guy,
"Yep,ociffer, Im drunk as a stunk.
But I aaint drivin. Talk to the horsh."

"Horses don't fit in jail cells but you
will. Hands behind your back."
True story.
For the record...
The point I was making is this...
A seatbelt infraction exist for the sole purpose of extracting revenue.
It is not, in any way, shape, or for meant to change behavior or save lives.
In fact the NTSB can only show a 50/50 chance on being injured with (or without) a seatbelt being in use.
So if its a coin flip how do they justify making a law requiring it?
At the same time what are the injury rates for motorcycle accidents?
In my state I can be pulled over by a bike cop for not wearing a seatbelt in a truck with 4 airbags while carrying people in the truck bed.
That's fkin ridiculous.
Originally Posted by ringworm
Seeing motorcycle cops pull people over for "BS" seatbelt infractions?

Trying to relate motorcyclists with seatbelts is apples and oranges.

A motorcycle cop writing someone a ticket for not wearing a seatbelt is hypocritical to the Nth degree, and is just another example of a representative of a corrupt and decadent government generating revenue for that government.
Originally Posted by curdog4570
"I"m tired of bashing 90 because of 10... "

The problem on this forum is that the "10" is a theoretical number that forum cops will ALL condemn.

But, when one of the "10" has a particular identity, most of them rush to his defense, or at a minimum give him the benefit of the doubt, when there is no doubt.

The "10" are mythical creatures that always will be found "Not in my A.O."

Not the case here locally, and while I don't believe a damn thing I read the first time, until all the data comes in, because media is more crooked than crooked cops, there always will be the bad ones.

I have seen here, and maybe its just the way I read it, that the guys I know taht are LEO and post here, the only defense they mount, is lets see what all the evidence says, and then if "guilty" punish like anyone else.

Thats all I'd ask of me personally... lets see all the data if you have soemthing agianst me and if I did it, then get me. But lets look at the data first... ALL of it. And keep the media out of it, where they belong. out of it.
Originally Posted by Crockettnj

As with doctors who arent skilled, pharmacists who are dyslexic, and teachers who get too "chummy" with the kiddies, Police who abuse or bend their position of EXTREME power over those they interact with should be ferreted out with vigor.

The "10% as with any other profession" situation cant be tolerated. Police have FAR too much control in the ability to ruin days, weeks, bank accounts, and lives of the folks they interact with.

That 10% number should be reduced to 5%, and then 1%, and the force should make it part of their CAREER to do so. I think this is why some locations in the USA, probably smaller towns, have a more favorable view of their police force. They probably have more hand-on control over who gets hired and how they treat folks (AND VISA VERSA).

I respect every officer I interact with, and am raising my children to revere them as well. Every officer should look at their peers and think about that.

No one is in a better position to improve image and ferret out the bottom 10% than the officers themselves.

Shoudl be in all professions. Not just LEO. But of course we know the last time there was anything perfect, he was nailed to a tree....

So there is what should happen, and reality.
Posted By: antelope_sniper Re: Quotes by cops - 03/01/15

I've had more warnings then tickets in Wyoming.
In Colorado, it's often more about the revenue, so not so much, but the still varies by city and county. Generally these differences have more to do with the local governments and less to do with the individual officers. Some local governments get it, some don't.
For the record...
In fact the NTSB can only show a 50/50 chance on being injured with (or without) a seatbelt being in use.
In my state I can be pulled over by a bike cop for not wearing a seatbelt in a truck with 4 airbags while carrying people in the truck bed.
That's fkin ridiculous.

The anti-vacer thinks seat belts don't save lives.

What a surprise. crazy

I have, far, far more times than I wrote a ticket. Most cops write warning tickets, or just give warnings. Some write everything. I know a couple of those and they are not well liked in the Department for their "black & white" view of the world.

Some agencies will not allow the officers to give warnings. That is something that needs to be addressed by the citizens to the politicians.

Please remember, it is YOUR department. Make your wishes known and not on an internet forum, but to the powers that be in your community.

Ed

Glad to know there are departments that allow discretion.

I wish I was allowed it in my job. Unfortunately mine is black and white and if I let anything go it hangs over my head and will generally eventually come back to visit me. Had one last week... building codes are yes or no, not maybe... and I really am starting to kinda hate that part of the job. But follow the rules and neihter of us will have an issue.

I will also admit to getting a break from LEO because of my fire plates. But I mostly dare them to find me speeding unless I'm on the way to a call. And I appreciate the leeway when responding to the station or an EMS call in my personal vehicle. Sooner we get there the better things generally turn out.

I would not hold it against a single LEO to write me a speeding ticket when not on a call. I might not like it. I do have an issue to sometimes not completely stop at a stop sign. And I am guilty of 40 in a 30 most mornings as I come into town, beyond that I rarely speed or violate. But if I am, I am.

As to other posts RE seatbelts, IMHO it should never be a law and airbags should not be required..

I can also tell you this much, being on wreck calls a LOT, I keep putting my belt on and thankful my vehicle has airbags.... Iv'e seen the results too many times, of the lack of both... and its killed a lot of folks. And airlifted a lot more. Things a person should not have to see. And would not often, if folks would take it upon themselves... But again its a personal choice IMHO and should also be reflected in their insurance rates vs mine. Just like smoking or not etc.....

Because sometimes the person really NEEDS a ticket before they kill someone.
Posted By: 007FJ Re: Quotes by cops - 03/01/15
Game Warden caught me and another guy marking off a section of road out in the boonies back in the day...Boys, country quarters will cost you two bills.

State Trooper told me once that getting a ticket was like taking money and lighting it on fire. 86 in a 55 and loud mufflers that time.

I got smarter quick on donations and went to the tracks.
Like the FJ? Wife loves hers.

I figure the small tickets are simply the price of doing business in many ways.
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
For the record...
That's fkin ridiculous.

What a surprise. crazy

Let's make a law against everything that takes lives and leave choice out of it.
So let's start at the top killers...
Poor Diet and lack of exercise.
Want to set up checkpoints at burger king?
Mandate exercise?
Force feed statins to fat kids?

Personally, I don't GAF!
I drive a 72 with lap belts. Cops gonna have to be riding on top of a city bus to see if I'm wearing one.
Don't you believe that SOME news reports contain enough evidence to condemn a particular Policeman's actions?

Aren't there instances where there could be NO justification for the actions of Law Enforcement?
Posted By: W7ACT Re: Quotes by cops - 03/01/15

In ANYTHING< and thats LEO included, there are likely 10% that are no good. 10% that are above average, and the other 80 percent does their job and are humans and do a good job at it.

Aah men to that!!!! I've found over the years that 99.9% of the time it all depends on the attitude you take when you have that discussion with the officer as to whether you get a ticket or a warning. Been there, done that and have walked away without the ticket all because of my attitude toward the officer.
For the record...
That's fkin ridiculous.

What a surprise. crazy

Let's make a law against everything that takes lives and leave choice out of it.
Mandate exercise?

Personally, I don't GAF!
I drive a 72 with lap belts. Cops gonna have to be riding on top of a city bus to see if I'm wearing one.

I never said it should be a law.

I was commenting on your display of ignorance, and how it didn't surprise me considering your previous comments on things such as vaccines.

The two simplest, lowest cost things a person can do to extend their life expectancy is to be vaccinated, and wear your seat-belt, and you don't believe in either one.
Originally Posted by W7ACT

Aah men to that!!!! I've found over the years that 99.9% of the time it all depends on the attitude you take when you have that discussion with the officer as to whether you get a ticket or a warning. Been there, done that and have walked away without the ticket all because of my attitude toward the officer.

Ass kissing only works with EXACTLY the kind of person who has no business with a badge.
Posted By: FieldGrade Re: Quotes by cops - 03/01/15
When I was young I had a few runs with the law which were generally alcohol induced and 99.9% my doing but looking back I seem to remember being treated about the same way I treated them.
Fortunately I grew out of that and other than meeting the occasional LEO through business or recreation I don't even know they exist. Matter of fact, I haven't even had a ticket in over 30 years. I did however get stopped a few years ago in Riggins ID (a notorious speed trap) while bringing a dog back from southern ID about 2:00 am. After seeing my driving record and chatting for a few minutes I think the officer almost felt guilty for stopping me. He gave me a verbal warning and wished me a safe trip home.

Course, I don't live in a big city and times are definitely changing with affirmative action, unions, and the militarization thing but I'd bet 80-90% still treat people the same way.

All that said, stuff like this disturbs me and should disturb the "good" LEO's as well.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Harry M Re: Quotes by cops - 03/01/15
Come on...lets be honest here for criss sakes. Traffic tickets is one of the largest growth industries in America money wise. It's a multi Billion Dollar industry that's growing by leaps and bounds.

And it is about the money, period. Motorists are the most taxed, fee'ed and fined cash cow in America. Being used to support a bloated system that would collapse if it didn't prey upon drivers.

http://www.backwoodshome.com/blogs/...tickets-are-big-business-for-government/

http://blog.motorists.org/traffic-tickets-are-big-business/
For the record...
That's fkin ridiculous.

What a surprise. crazy

Mandate exercise?

Personally, I don't GAF!

I never said it should be a law.

I was commenting on your display of ignorance, and how it didn't surprise me considering your previous comments on things such as vaccines.

The two simplest, lowest cost things a person can do to extend their life expectancy is to be vaccinated, and wear your seat-belt, and you don't believe in either one.

You know, your right. I don't believe.
accept (something) as true; feel sure of the truth of.

Show me proof and I'll accept that.
I'm not into faith on the part of government and doctors.
Both have been shown to be wrong in to many instances.
Find me an unvaccinated autistic child.
And find the millions of uninjured person who had seatbelts on.
I don't work for the NTSB, I just fund them. And they calculated that your chances are 50/50.
Posted By: sherp Re: Quotes by cops - 03/01/15
Sam, I have never talked like that to anyone that didn't start the exchange by being a complete asshat and continuing until my patience was gone.

I am a patient person, but everyone has their limits and we are all human. It has nothing to do with "the POWER" and I got in hot water for both of those.

Ed

Thank you and Daniel Harless for your oversight of the community.

Yes, you must grovel to get out of a ticket.
Posted By: Gun_Geezer Re: Quotes by cops - 03/01/15
For the record...
That's fkin ridiculous.

What a surprise. crazy

So what if they do save lives? It's my life to risk. Gov't needs to stay out of my business.
For the cop haters whining that police enforce speeding laws without fail here is your glass of STFU.

Ass kissing only works with EXACTLY the kind of person who has no business with a badge.

No "ASS KISSING" here, just dealing with the situation at hand as I'm generally guilty of committing the offense in question. There is no need to be offensive to the officer, he's just doing his job, so why should I complicate the situation.
[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

No "ASS KISSING" here, just dealing with the situation at hand as I'm generally guilty of committing the offense in question. There is no need to be offensive to the officer, he's just doing his job, so why should I complicate the situation.

I am like you and address them as my Liege. I even point out "my" is in lower case and "Liege" has the L capitalized as things should be, just like you do.

It isn't ass kissing when you think of them as you and I do.
[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

She could have had an RPG in that bag. It is fine to MMQB the civilian, but never the officer.
Don't you believe that SOME news reports contain enough evidence to condemn a particular Policeman's actions?

Aren't there instances where there could be NO justification for the actions of Law Enforcement?

I don't doubt that, but as a whole today, even our local little rag, they look for sensationalism. That leaves out fair honest reporting. Hell they can't wait to get something in the news instead of waiting to hear all sides or what the testimony is etc...

Side note-Cur is doing great here. Just super glad he found us/we found him. Would have never considered a cur otherwise. Flat amazing. Now if he would quit wanting to chew on about everything. At least he has not done it much in the house. Prefers his bones and anything he can get on us for some reason...

Back OT... FWIW I don't watch news basically anymore. Just got fed up with their stupidity.
[quote=antlers]
[quote=APDDSN0864] So cops should stop enforcing traffic laws?

Different definitions sometimes, but how being decent to LEO rather than a smart azz has definitely done just what it does in my daily interactions with most the folks I deal with. What you give is what you get. Decency for the most part. But eventually you'll even get me fired up and have to deal with me then.

Azz kissing I've never done. I don't mention who i know or anything. I simply am courteous and request the same. LEO has a job to do. Almost everytime since I've gotten out of my teen age years a normal conversation and they figure out, yeah, just a normal person, give a warning if needed and head on their way.
Posted By: asphaltangel Re: Quotes by cops - 03/01/15

Ed

Great recommendations, Ed. I have rode along more than once with my brother. I've personally witnessed him dealing with some real jerks with a chip on their shoulder. He and other LEOs have a tough job and most of them are good guys who put their lives on the line to protect us....including the folks who have the chip on their shoulder.
Posted By: Leanwolf Re: Quotes by cops - 03/01/15
[Linked Image]

A classic example of Affirmative Action at work! grin

How would you LEOs like to have this Ms. America for a partner?? wink

L.W.

Posted By: UPhiker Re: Quotes by cops - 03/01/15
First, let me say that I haven't had a ticket in over 30 years. I work in a large gunshop that has a contract with the county sheriff department so that they can spend their firearm/equipment vouchers with us. Most of them are arses. They treat the employees the same way they treat criminals-like schit. 90% of them have the us vs them mentality and act like high school jocks.

Telemarketers are just doing their job as well..... but they interfere with your life.

Are you nice and polite to them?
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
[Linked Image]

A classic example of Affirmative Action at work! grin How would you LEOs like to have this Ms. America for a partner?? ;)L.W.

Not no, but Hell no! I would worry about having to rescue her fat ass, not a citizen that was in need of help.
How in the name of all that is sane can she (or her bosses) expect her to run to save a person's life, or to catch a wanted person?
It probably takes her fifteen seconds to get in or out of her patrol car.

Ed
Posted By: CrowRifle Re: Quotes by cops - 03/01/15
Fist cop, "Who gave you the best blow job you ever had?"

Second cop, "Some ass pirate named Sherp."
Posted By: rattler Re: Quotes by cops - 03/01/15
as far as bullchit traffic stops.....been pulled over alot.....have yet to be pulled over when i wasnt breaking some law and knew so while doing it.....really dont understand those that get riled up about it....you were knowingly breaking the law then get pissed when caught....usually im nailed at 10 or more above the speed limit, vast majority of the time i get a warning cause im give the cop as much respect as he gives me.....yet watched my ex get ticketed most the time cause she felt she should be a smart arse and needle the cop just because which i also never understood as she worked well with our local law enforcement as far as the papers...
Posted By: cs2blue Re: Quotes by cops - 03/01/15
I cannot fix in 15 minutes ,what you screwed up for 15 years!Referring to parents who call for their screwed up kids and expect us to fix them! Failure to parent should be a crime! If you do not like us, or want us, just call someone else when things go south and your are in a jam!

Telemarketers are just doing their job as well..... but they interfere with your life.

"Hell No" My Phone numbers are on the National Do Not Call List and I have absolutely no tolerance for Telemarketers as in most cases whoever they are calling for only gets pennies on the dollar.

I don't doubt that, but as a whole today, even our local little rag, they look for sensationalism. That leaves out fair honest reporting. Hell they can't wait to get something in the news instead of waiting to hear all sides or what the testimony is etc...

Side note-Cur is doing great here. Just super glad he found us/we found him. Would have never considered a cur otherwise. Flat amazing. Now if he would quit wanting to chew on about everything. At least he has not done it much in the house. Prefers his bones and anything he can get on us for some reason...

Back OT... FWIW I don't watch news basically anymore. Just got fed up with their stupidity.

Yep, even when an officer is accused of sexual assault there is more to the story that would indicate the civilian had it coming.
Originally Posted by UPhiker
First, let me say that I haven't had a ticket in over 30 years. I work in a large gunshop that has a contract with the county sheriff department so that they can spend their firearm/equipment vouchers with us. Most of them are arses. They treat the employees the same way they treat criminals-like schit. 90% of them have the us vs them mentality and act like high school jocks.

Nothing wrong with that. The whole fact the employees are civilians is why they get treated the way they do and it is the way it should be.
Originally Posted by rattler
as far as bullchit traffic stops.....been pulled over alot.....have yet to be pulled over when i wasnt breaking some law and knew so while doing it.....really dont understand those that get riled up about it....you were knowingly breaking the law then get pissed when caught....usually im nailed at 10 or more above the speed limit, vast majority of the time i get a warning cause im give the cop as much respect as he gives me.....yet watched my ex get ticketed most the time cause she felt she should be a smart arse and needle the cop just because which i also never understood as she worked well with our local law enforcement as far as the papers...

Yep, no idea why people feel wronged over the way police handle traffic law enforcement.

Originally Posted by CrowRifle

Second cop, "Some ass pirate named Sherp."

Why don't you view police the way they want to be viewed?

Originally Posted by cs2blue
I cannot fix in 15 minutes ,what you screwed up for 15 years!Referring to parents who call for their screwed up kids and expect us to fix them! Failure to parent should be a crime! If you do not like us, or want us, just call someone else when things go south and your are in a jam!

Great idea, but of course that shouldn't apply to police officers.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...rman-ware-justin-collison-jerry-hargrett
Posted By: 007FJ Re: Quotes by cops - 03/01/15
rost495,

The FJ is great. That game warden was John Leliew in Karnes County by the way. Lenz Hall Road.

Funny part is we had all heard stories about Johns 440 Plymouth and 140 plus runs. We ended up with that car after they put in him a truck. It was the Game Warden car and the engine was rebuilt and ended up in my 67 Satellite in the early 90's.

I am. Tell em thanks for their time, not interested and then say good bye and hang up.

Man 90%. Maybe its Michigan folks in general?

Actually I am thinking its possible it could be city LEO in a big city with an attitude. I've been out of a big city for most of my adult life so I don't really have run ins with them. The ones I do know that work for big cities are good as gold folks and gun nuts to boot.
Originally Posted by 007FJ
rost495,

The FJ is great. That game warden was John Leliew in Karnes County by the way. Lenz Hall Road.

Funny part is we had all heard stories about Johns 440 Plymouth and 140 plus runs. We ended up with that car after they put in him a truck. It was the Game Warden car and the engine was rebuilt and ended up in my 67 Satellite in the early 90's.

Do as I say. Not as I do. LOL, tahts a good story. Odds are he'd have run you off once in the day, and warned you not to get caught again... around here the kids always got a warning or two... but you better listen.
These days the liability is so high you can't afford to warn, from what I hear...
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Quotes by cops - 03/01/15

Ed

oh I know that Ed. This is more in line with 'shop talk', things that those in the profession might share amongst themselves, humor that comes out of stressful occupations.
Nothing personal intended, from my point of view. I'm on the other end of the police/citizen continuum. laugh
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

Ed

oh I know that Ed. This is more in line with 'shop talk', things that those in the profession might share amongst themselves, humor that comes out of stressful occupations.
Nothing personal intended, from my point of view. I'm on the other end of the police/citizen continuum. laugh

Yeah, just be glad that only police are effectively ok'd to use force against someone who doesn't give them the respect they want. Imagine the bloodbath that would ensue if service industry folks had that leeway.

Man 90%. Maybe its Michigan folks in general?

Actually I am thinking its possible it could be city LEO in a big city with an attitude. I've been out of a big city for most of my adult life so I don't really have run ins with them. The ones I do know that work for big cities are good as gold folks and gun nuts to boot.

I think the deputies here did every bit as good as any big city PD, from start to finish.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/family-toddler-injured-swat-grenade-faces-1m-medical/story?id=27671521

[Linked Image]
I am a patient person, but everyone has their limits and we are all human. It has nothing to do with "the POWER" and I got in hot water for both of those. Ed

Gotcha. Thanks for the clarification.
It's really too bad that there IS that continuum.

Cops cannot do their job well without the help and cooperation of the citizenry. If we (cops) don't live with that in the forefront of our minds and treat everyone as a criminal, we get the divide we have.

Cops cannot do their job well without the help and cooperation of the citizenry. If we (as citizens) don't hold our individual agencies accountable AT THE SOURCE then we get the divide we have.

Ed
Posted By: sherp Re: Quotes by cops - 03/02/15
I am a patient person, but everyone has their limits and we are all human. It has nothing to do with "the POWER" and I got in hot water for both of those. Ed

Gotcha. Thanks for the clarification.
It's really too bad that there IS that continuum.

Cops cannot do their job well without the help and cooperation of the citizenry. If we (cops) don't live with that in the forefront of our minds and treat everyone as a criminal, we get the divide we have.

Cops cannot do their job well without the help and cooperation of the citizenry. If we (as citizens) don't hold our individual agencies accountable AT THE SOURCE then we get the divide we have.

Ed

Yep, it is all the fault of civilians, not police officers. If a police officer gets convicted of something despite the efforts of their fellow officers, prosecutors, and judges, then 10 civilians should be chosen at random to serve the sentence.
Posted By: 007FJ Re: Quotes by cops - 03/02/15
Originally Posted by 007FJ
rost495,

Do as I say. Not as I do. LOL, tahts a good story. Odds are he'd have run you off once in the day, and warned you not to get caught again... around here the kids always got a warning or two... but you better listen.
These days the liability is so high you can't afford to warn, from what I hear...

A Deputy pulled me over one time back in high school. I wasn't drunk but had three or four beers over 4 plus hours at a dance in Panna Maria. Parked my car at the Pizza Hut in Kenedy. He had me ride around and shoot the breeze with him for about 4 hours. Took me back to my car and said to get home. I did for a few reasons, one being it was after my curfew from mom. Thanks to lawyers, civil suits and a general lack of common sense on all parties at all levels, I could never see that happening these days.

They don't make them like that anymore. RIP Rudy
Posted By: ringworm Re: Quotes by cops - 03/02/15
I say this to chitty cops...
"Go ahead, be a d1ck. One night your gonna run up on someone who has no respect for that tin star and who has no qualms about handing you your ass. And when John Q Public rolls by, he's gonna either help you out or keep rolling. And that's dependent upon the worst of your ranks"

[Linked Image]
Posted By: APDDSN0864 Re: Quotes by cops - 03/02/15
"Go ahead, be a d1ck. One night your gonna run up on someone who has no respect for that tin star and who has no qualms about handing you your ass. And when John Q Public rolls by, he's gonna either help you out or keep rolling. And that's dependent upon the worst of your ranks"

See my earlier post;

"Cops cannot do their job well without the help and cooperation of the citizenry. If we (cops) don't live with that in the forefront of our minds and treat everyone as a criminal, we get the divide we have."

You're exactly right.

Ed
Posted By: Bluedreaux Re: Quotes by cops - 03/02/15
One time I was pulling over a Hummer and got on the radio, called out my location and then whispered into the mic, "MMMMMM......I'm getting a hummer......"

So there's a cop quote for ya.
Posted By: Archerhunter Re: Quotes by cops - 03/02/15
I sure miss 1960 hunter 's additions to these topics...
God rest his soul.
Differences or no, better'n later coming distractions.

Shrepk, you might be an interesting fellow a few more
years wisdom and insight under belt.

Gotta earn it, like any good cop or any good citizen.

Earn... see ?

Borish don't earn respect.

T'ain't nothin' free.

Sit up strait in class. Important things been said in
this thread.

Posted By: rost495 Re: Quotes by cops - 03/02/15

[Linked Image]

John Q here will stop regardless of best or worse. Heck I stop to help folks that I don't even know, so would have no clue if they were good or bad.... to start with.

Of course once again it can be a country thing vs a city thing.

We get help offers at almost any fire or ems call we go to. Police need only ask as there are always folks around. And we stop for wrecks and such even if not called to, just to check on the well being of everyone.

Posted By: okie Re: Quotes by cops - 03/02/15
Originally Posted by CrowRifle

Second cop, "Some ass pirate named Sherp the Twerp."

Fixt it...
© 24hourcampfire