Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
Your view is quite narrow and shows your ignorance about police work.

Law enforcement cannot go 'out of business', it doesn’t have to worry about public disaffection or dissatisfaction like other businesses do. The role of police is to collect money and distribute force, authority, and sometimes violence, on behalf of the government...which is the 'only' clientele they have to please.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by antlers

So cops should stop enforcing traffic laws?
Do you have any idea how many crimes (not traffic infractions) that are solved through traffic stops? How many wanted felons are taken off the streets because they violated some "bullshit traffic violation"?

If you stop someone for a bull$hit traffic violation and a real 'crime' (not a traffic infraction) is solved through that traffic stop...then that's great.
But if not, then why don't you just let the guy go without a ticket...?
If a wanted felon is taken off the streets because they violated some bull$hit traffic violation...then that's great.
I have, far, far more times than I wrote a ticket. Most cops write warning tickets, or just give warnings. Some write everything. I know a couple of those and they are not well liked in the Department for their "black & white" view of the world.

Some agencies will not allow the officers to give warnings. That is something that needs to be addressed by the citizens to the politicians.

Please remember, it is YOUR department. Make your wishes known and not on an internet forum, but to the powers that be in your community.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by antlers
Your view is quite narrow and shows your ignorance about police work.

Law enforcement cannot go 'out of business', it doesn’t have to worry about public disaffection or dissatisfaction like other businesses do. The role of police is to distribute force, authority, and someyimes violence, on behalf of the government...which is the 'only' clientele they have to please.

Yes, they can "go out of business". At least "business as usual". Changes can happen, I've personally seen it in both the Alaska State Troopers and the Anchorage Police Department.

YOU are the key to putting an end to "business as usual".

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by gunner500
BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM.............................................FREEEEEZZE!!!!! laugh

You in the Albuquerque PD?

(Sorry - I couldn't resist!)

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by rost495

I"m tired of bashing 90 because of 10...

As with doctors who arent skilled, pharmacists who are dyslexic, and teachers who get too "chummy" with the kiddies, Police who abuse or bend their position of EXTREME power over those they interact with should be ferreted out with vigor.

The "10% as with any other profession" situation cant be tolerated. Police have FAR too much control in the ability to ruin days, weeks, bank accounts, and lives of the folks they interact with.

That 10% number should be reduced to 5%, and then 1%, and the force should make it part of their CAREER to do so. I think this is why some locations in the USA, probably smaller towns, have a more favorable view of their police force. They probably have more hand-on control over who gets hired and how they treat folks (AND VISA VERSA).

I respect every officer I interact with, and am raising my children to revere them as well. Every officer should look at their peers and think about that.

No one is in a better position to improve image and ferret out the bottom 10% than the officers themselves.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Two kinds of cops. The ones that truly want to help then there's the ones who got stuffed into gym lockers in high school. Fortunately the good far outweigh the bad.

The red part seems to run more to town size. The smaller the town, the more of the ones that got stuffed into lockers. I know that it is a salary problem, but it is there. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
"Now see my fist, they're about to F#ck you up"
Office Manuel Ramos
Fullerton California police department
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Kelly_Thomas

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"I"m tired of bashing 90 because of 10... "

The problem on this forum is that the "10" is a theoretical number that forum cops will ALL condemn.

But, when one of the "10" has a particular identity, most of them rush to his defense, or at a minimum give him the benefit of the doubt, when there is no doubt.

The "10" are mythical creatures that always will be found "Not in my A.O."

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by mark shubert
Originally Posted by gunner500
BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM.............................................FREEEEEZZE!!!!! laugh

You in the Albuquerque PD?

(Sorry - I couldn't resist!)

HAHAHA, no, just a simple okie cowman here, we got good coppers out this way.

Trump Won!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
it pisses working tax payers off to be stopped for some bull$hit traffic violation or expired tags

Don't do stupid BS and you won't get stopped at all

Why don't you not screw up and avoid the whole issue?

Last edited by Snyper; 03/01/15.

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
IC B3

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Actually APD does, too.
Much of the problem seems to be an excess of idiot "victims" - although they occasionally screw up (that darned human factor!)

Last edited by mark shubert; 03/01/15. Reason: punctuation

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Seeing motorcycle cops pull people over for "BS" seatbelt infractions?

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Dealing with perpetrators, they start with name dropping. My uncle is a cop" my neighbor is a cop" I would say-- "really that's nice, my son, his dad is a cop too. They would give me some crazy looks and try to figure out what I just said.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
G
You'll stump em every time with that 'Jeopardy' like commentary Hammer. grin

Trump Won!
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Trying to relate motorcyclists with seatbelts is apples and oranges. If any of us are stupid enough to break the law we deserve to be called on it. If we just start ignoring your expired registration then we stop it all together and when your kid gets nabbed and you tell the police the plate number of the van the cop is going tell you all about how some dumbass complained about paying for it so they just gave up on it. Then all of a sudden you figure you figure out who the dumbass is.

If you don't have anything nice to say, you must be talking about Hilary Clinton.

When it's time to bury your guns it's time to dig em up.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by willflow
If any of us are stupid enough to break the law we deserve to be called on it.

Do you feel that way about gun laws too...?

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Obviously no written test for AZ police.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by willflow
If we just start ignoring your expired registration then we stop it all together and when your kid gets nabbed and you tell the police the plate number of the van the cop is going tell you all about how some dumbass complained about paying for it so they just gave up on it. Then all of a sudden you figure you figure out who the dumbass is.

Yeah...that's it, 'vehicle registration' was implemented by the government so just in case your kid gets nabbed and you give the police the plate number...they can catch the bad guy.

laffin'

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Working South Central L.A. in the mid 80's we would roll to an EMS "fight;assault" call with PD on scene and ask what do we have?
PD: "NVNNHI"

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hammerdown
Dealing with perpetrators, they start with name dropping. My uncle is a cop" my neighbor is a cop" I would say-- "really that's nice, my son, his dad is a cop too. They would give me some crazy looks and try to figure out what I just said.
lol

Amish guy,
"Yep,ociffer, Im drunk as a stunk.
But I aaint drivin. Talk to the horsh."

"Horses don't fit in jail cells but you
will. Hands behind your back."
True story.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

545 members (222Sako, 1lessdog, 257wthbylover, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 007FJ, 67 invisible), 1,742 guests, and 1,206 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,118
Posts18,522,864
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.