Home
Video found in a sim-card that survived, shows final moments of Germanwings plane crash...

Phil
which I for one have zero interest in watching. They should destroy it.
Probably won't be released but guess it shows a little more of what happened, said it appears to be from one at the back of the plane and amounts to some 14 seconds.

Phil
Originally Posted by byc
which I for one have zero interest in watching. They should destroy it.

It certainly should never be made public. Publishing that would only tear a greater hole in the lives of the victim's families.

May those souls rest in peace.

Ed
That should be the property of the owner's survivors. Let them sell it to the highest bidder.
Who spends the last 14 seconds of their life willingly videoing?
Originally Posted by RWE

You can probably chalk it up to the age we live in, RWE. Capturing video of an event seems quite important to some folks.
Someone with the habit of videoing everything and posting it online.

Ed
Or maybe they did it with the hope of it helping investigators figure out what happened. Might have had good intentions with it.
Fox News is considering airing it.

I hope they don't.
Nothing the FAA has done lately has gotten the airlines or manufacturers to install safety devices in airplanes or up-date regulations for pilots and air traffic controllers. Seems like everything goes in one ear and out the other for the sake of a few more dollars in profits.

Maybe the release of video and sound to make the public more aware of what happens when things don't go just right might help!

How many planes have gone down or gone missing in just the last 10 or 12 months????

Phil
The FAA is an international entity?
What sort of "safety devices" would you suggest that would change the outcome of these crashes?
Nobody said anything about the FAA being international, but the standards here are pretty much universal, and yes the FAA does look at all accidents and makes recommendations!

Phil
Originally Posted by Taco280AI
What sort of "safety devices" would you suggest that would change the outcome of these crashes?

The very fact that the pilot couldn't re-access the cockpit at all is a direct result of the changes in aircraft design after the 9-11 hijackings.

There is talk now about already having the technology to being able to take control of an airplane remotely, and set a plane down safely without any use of onboard help or interference.
Wild times we live in for sure.
Originally Posted by tndrbstr

There is talk now about already having the technology to being able to take control of an airplane remotely,

Oh, there's a bright idea that will never be compromised.

Sign me up!
What ever might come out of these latest investigations, this time it might have been prevented with going back to a 3 man flight crew or something as simple as having a flight stewardess stay in the cock pit until the pilot returned, anything that put more than a lone pilot in the cockpit.

Phil
Originally Posted by Greyghost
What ever might come out of these latest investigations, this time it might have been prevented with going back to a 3 man flight crew or something as simple as having a flight stewardess stay in the cock pit until the pilot returned, anything that put more than a lone pilot in the cockpit.

Phil

I agree
A crazy psycho killer can get a gun in America, but in Germany he can get and keep a commercial jet pilot license.
Way I understood the news last night, this co-pilot went from no experience at all to having a commercial carrier license with 600 hours and 100 hours in the A320 within 3 years, and by the age of 26.

I know our military pilots do the same, but at least they go through some very extensive training and are watched over and tested to no end.

Just can't see it for someone not in the military.

Phil
Way I understood the news last night, this co-pilot went from no experience at all to having a commercial carrier license with 600 hours and 100 hours in the A320 within 3 years, and by the age of 26.

I know our military pilots do the same, but at least they go through some very extensive training and are watched over and tested to no end.

Phil

Clueless...
You saying having a 26 year old, with little experience, and neither his family, friends, or the company he works for knowing anything about his past alone in the cockpit of an A320 with 150 peoples lives in his hands is OK!

And I'm clueless....

Phil
You insuiniated his training was lacking.

No simulator time, no observation by an instructor pilot. They just handed him the keys and told him to go fly...

Yes, you are clueless.
I didn't insinuate anything, and I would say the results pretty much back me up!

Phil
Look, if the pilot felt comfortable to leave him at the controls while he exited the cockpit I wouldn't guestion the copilot's flying skills. It wasn't his lack of training or ability that brought the aircraft down.
chit happens people die, it will always be that way.
Having some civilian fixed wing training and military rotor wing training, yes there is a difference. Civilian trained might primarily be fair weather flyers who go out for joyrides to build up time while military have training objectives for flights. While we like to go out for a joyride now and then, sightsee, go somewhere for lunch, we have to throw in some training value along the way for it to be approved.

I don't know where he got most of his flight training, a civilian place or company sponsored program, but civilian flight schools are a business and flight instructors are there to sell you their services. It is on your schedule, your pace, what you can handle. As with any salesman, they want you to like them, be comfortable around them, have you two get along or risk losing your money to another flight instructor they like more. Military flight instructors - some are cool and chill, others are pricks and don't give a damn. You deal with it either way, put up with the stress, the games, the attitudes, the schedules, the curriculum, or you fail.

I do see the point about low time civilian trained commercial pilots, however, he did meet all the requirements and passed their training program. He was a qualified pilot. That is going to be an issue in the next few years or more, airlines finding qualified pilots. Problem is who wants to spend $50-100k on flight training only to get a job that starts as low as $25k a year?

The real issue in this case was his mental stability, not his flying ability or experience. Had he gone military he would have been weeded out and never graduated flight school.
This is not a training or low flight hours issue.

It is a whack-job issue.

The military is certainly not exempt.

Naval test pilot and astronaut:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lisa_Nowak
People can't seem to get past the idea that some folks go off the rails and kill other folks. There is no way to prevent it, only hope you aren't there when they do go off the rails, or be able to put a bullet in them when they do.

Doubtful that the video would be any worse than things just about everyone has already seen on TV or in movies.

The audio would be another story.
Originally Posted by Taco280AI

Pilots who don't want their dicks in the dirt!!
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864

Ed

We can all hope it was one of the POS that video police officers to make them look bad as they do what they do.

Phil

Yep, no problems with mental fitness among those who have been approved to pilot aircraft by the US Military.

[Linked Image]

This video (and others like it that may be found) will eventually be used as evidence in civil claims against the airline.

No one should determine what you can or can not watch. The video should be posted somewhere. If you don't want to see it, don't look at it.
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
This video (and others like it that may be found) will eventually be used as evidence in civil claims against the airline.

What airline? I'll bet they file Chapter XX inside of a couple months. They were already in serious financial trouble.

And it just got worse for the airline as they were told of the man's illness 6 years ago. You can write off Germanwings/Lufthansa!
Originally Posted by byc
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine

What airline? I'll bet they file Chapter XX inside of a couple months. They were already in serious financial trouble.
I hope Christie gets in and gives them a bailout.
RogueHunter,

No one should determine what you can or can not watch. The video should be posted somewhere. If you don't want to see it, don't look at it.

A man after my own heart. smile
It seems to me a simple solution is to add a bathroom to the cockpit. It need not be fancy. Railroad heads crap in a bag....I think the airlines can move the door back enough to take a duece. They don't need the jump seat up there.
Originally Posted by high_country_
It seems to me a simple solution is to add a bathroom to the cockpit. It need not be fancy. Railroad heads crap in a bag....I think the airlines can move the door back enough to take a duece. They don't need the jump seat up there.

You wouldn't be able to pay F/O's enough to fly with me. grin
Originally Posted by RWE

Probably someone who could see what was happening and wanted to record evidence just in case it survived and might help bring some consolation to surviving relatives and resolution to investigators.
What's the flight crew of the A380 with 800+ consist of?

And Opinions when something like this happens to one of them?

Phil
Originally Posted by byc
You can write off Germanwings/Lufthansa!

Not in a million years. Lufthansa is the national airline of Germany and is supported by the German Government.
They have a great record when it comes to flight safety and this one sicko ain't going to bring them down. It's sophomoric to believe that they will go out of business over this.
This is another case where a muslim crashed a plane. Islam is not a religion which does not tolerate any other religion. You either join islam or die.
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
This is another case where a muslim crashed a plane. Islam is not a religion which does not tolerate any other religion. You either join islam or die.

Where did you come up with that gem?
I'd like to see some proof of that accusation.
Originally Posted by Klikitarik
Originally Posted by RWE

Probably someone who could see what was happening and wanted to record evidence just in case it survived and might help bring some consolation to surviving relatives and resolution to investigators.

This is what occurred to me as well.
Originally Posted by Steelhead
People can't seem to get past the idea that some folks go off the rails and kill other folks. There is no way to prevent it, only hope you aren't there when they do go off the rails, or be able to put a bullet in them when they do.

It really is as simple or difficult as that..

Better screening of crews might help, as might always having two people on the flight deck at all times, but at the end of the day, sadly these things can be extremely difficult to predict and/or prevent.
Originally Posted by mtnsnake

Who says the co-pilot was a Muslim?
Originally Posted by kamo_gari
Originally Posted by Klikitarik
Originally Posted by RWE

This is what occurred to me as well.

Reports are that it shows the final 14 seconds of people screaming and freaking out from the back of the cabin. Some consolation and/or resolution if that is correct.

I'd like to think its someone with the level of pragmatism to catch some helpful information but I wonder if it could be so.

Unless the person is recording a message to loved ones and just happened to catch everyone else freaking out, they are almost as removed from human interaction as the co-pilot.

Phil

In the U.S., you have to have two people in the cockpit at all times (even if one person is just a flight attendant). Not so in Europe. That is one regulation that will be changed as a result of this incident.
Glad that locked cockpit door worked. Much more effective than doing away with security to enure passengers are disarmed.
Public outraged with Lufthansa CEO after early reports that Germanwings airline pilot or co-pilot was 100% flight ready. Talk now is he the Lufthansa CEO will have to step down even after apology's. And could be that the shuttle Germanwings may not come out of this.

Phil
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864

Ed

Or someone who wanted to tell loved ones I love you and goodbye.
© 24hourcampfire