Home
Anyone else here have or had one of these odd looking little 22's?

While I have never heard of anyone 'surviving' because they had one of these, it is my understanding that they were at least at some point in time an issue firearm for pilots or some other military folks. Can anyone here chime in on this being true or not? The guy I bought the rifle from is a long time veteran (19 years, Navy) who might have had this gun "accidentally fall" into his duffle bag at one point in his career, and when all packaged up in its stock/carrier, it does not look or feel like a gun.

When I managed a gun department for an old school hardware store that was owned by gun enthusiasts a couple of decades ago we sold the Charter Arms Version of these. I think this Survival arms made version is the older and maybe original maker of these but I am hoping for some help on this here.

I was also told that these jam up pretty often and the finish will rust easily. the jamming and rusting part is how this one came to me for $50 last week. The guy was straight up about not liking the gun for these reasons and thus the price point.

I figured for $50, cannot go too wrong and it might become a shooter with some gentle upgrading and cleaning etc. so it came home with us.

Watched some unplated lead bullets work their way through the gun, colored the tips on a couple of them and noted where they were hitting on steel then went to work, slowly. If we count my man hours invested I paid too much for the gun perhaps, but that is beside the point for a rifle looney and happy gun tinkerer (aka "Bubba" crazy )

Looked to me like if I were to gently chamfer the chamber mouth and make an ever so slight feed ramp into the very bottom of the chamber (and then NEVER run Stingers or Aguilla hot rod ammo through it) the feeding issue might be remedied. Some extra fine grit polishing cloth and 0000 steel wool to finish plus some good light gun oil with PTFE and Lithium in it plus a thourough cleaning and polishing of everything I could get to was phase 1 of the reclamation attempt. Sherri and I took it out shooting last Saturday to see how (IF!) it would run. Also needed to make sure the sight were set properly as they are not adjustable at all, drift or otherwise.

Well what fun this odd looking gun was and is! This little take down folds into its own stock and allegedly floats while so ensconched and now it runs perfectly! With either plain lead and JHP or better stated plated hollow point ammo. And to my happy surprise my first shots offhand at a target 25 yards out printed exactly to point of aim, about a 2 inch group, with the plated HP Fiocchi ammo I ran in it first. From then out I shot it at plinking targets and just had a blast shooting this odd looking little rifle.

Anyone else get such a sense of satisfaction from fixing up and make run a cheap little gun like I do? This one is a long term keeper and might find a home once I get some good rust preservative on it (might even cerrakote it!) in the locked diamond plate tool box behind my truck cab with a brick or so of the Fiocchi plated HP ammo it likes the best alongside but in a plastic waterproof ammo container.

Heck, even with the time I spent on it, I think I have a kind of a find here, and both of us like this ugly duckling .22 of ours. A compact apx 3lb 22 semi auto is hard to not like at $50 cash, when it works like it should.

Sorry that I don't have any pictures up regarding this one, got busy fixing it and did not think to take any. I can take and post some of the newly re shaped chamber mouth and miniscule feeding ramp if anyone is interested.

I see that Henry rifle co is making these now, knowing them they probably worked out the feeding geometry on this model before setting it out to market with the Henry name on it. Kind of a cool little fun piece. Who has one or knows anything of the history of them?
I used to be fascinated with this little rifle as a youth. I dreamed of owning one while thumbing through issues of "Boys Life" magazine In the 70's. There was always an ad for them in the back. A couple of years ago I picked up one of the Henry versions for around $200 I think. It's fun to shoot and semi accurate enough to put a rabbit or squirrel on the fire if you found yourself in a "survival situation"!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Always thought it would be neat to have and always keep behind the seat of the truck... Never go around to buying one....
Also, always thought it would be a good idea for them to make a place to put a 50 rnd box of 22s in the stock as well...
Nothing but junk in my opinion. I have owned four of these and never keep one any longer than it took me to sell or trade it, But James Bond did shoot down a Helicopter with one.
No he didn't. He shot a guy on the SHOULDER whilst said guy was holding a grenade with the pin pulled (but spoon still on), said guy dropped the grenade in the cockpit and it detonated, bringing the helo down. It was also a .25 caliber, which as usual, it's Hollywood Poetic License, unless of course M-I-6 had one chambered in one... smile
Helicopters are fair game...
[Linked Image]
I think a guy would be better served with a breakdown .410 and mix of slugs and shot to put meat in the pot. But I wouldn't try shooting a helicopter down with one wink .
Originally Posted by Timbermaster
I used to be fascinated with this little rifle as a youth. I dreamed of owning one while thumbing through issues of "Boys Life" magazine In the 70's. There was always an ad for them in the back. A couple of years ago I picked up one of the Henry versions for around $200 I think. It's fun to shoot and semi accurate enough to put a rabbit or squirrel on the fire if you found yourself in a "survival situation"!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

That is a nice one! Much more polished than mine, plus two magazines in the stock. Me likey smile
I just read a pretty in depth article on these which I found in an internet search after I posted this, and it seems as though the USAF has been buying and issuing these since 1959.

And my fix of chamferring the chamber is a fairly common remedy for one that is not 100% reliable.

I was wrong about the year of manufacure for mine, also. Survival arms made mine in the early 90's. This would fit in with the original owners years of military service. Fits well with my "OOPS! looky what fell into my dufflebag!" theory smile
I don't know for a fact but if it had ever been official U.S. Military property I would think it would probably have markings of some kind identifying it as such somewhere on it.
USAF fits (ed) them in the seat pan of ejection seats if memory serves..
Originally Posted by jorgeI
USAF fits (ed) them in the seat pan of ejection seats if memory serves..

That would be a good role for them, so long as the USAF Also included some ammunition!
I believe the USAF originally stowed something similar in there that was a .22 Hornet.
http://dailycaller.com/2013/08/08/gun-test-the-ar-7-survival-gun/

.... The AR-7 was born in a program to design a survival arm for the USAF to arm pilots and other personal in survival situations.

The main survival guns of the time included the M-4, a .22 Hornet bolt-action made by H&R and the M-6, a .22/.410 over/under gun. Stoners’ contribution to the program was not actually the AR-7 but the AR-5. The AR-5 had the advantage of repeat fire over the then-standard M-6, using the same .22 Hornet cartridge. When the AR-5 was adopted as the MA-1, but not placed in issue because of the numbers of M-4 and M-6 survival weapons in USAF inventory, ArmaLite used the research and tooling for the AR-5 in developing the AR-7 for the civilian market.
Originally Posted by 4ager
I believe the USAF originally stowed something similar in there that was a .22 Hornet.

I read about that one late last night (I hate Prednisone!) while researching the AR-7. They had or have a 22Hornet /410 combo gun and a 22 Hornet bolt action at different times. I could perhaps dig on a 22 Hornet.410 some day as a toolbox gun. So long as there was a way to keep it and the ammo together. I think I saw an M-6 (I think this is the Military designation for it) with a cartridge carrier strapped in between the stock wires and several rounds of each type of ammo stuffed into the canvas carrier. Not a bad option.
Originally Posted by joken2
I don't know for a fact but if it had ever been official U.S. Military property I would think it would probably have markings of some kind identifying it as such somewhere on it.

I would think that if it did, and it were acquired the way that safariman posted it, he'd likely be in possession of stolen gov't property and probably shouldn't be saying anything at all.
joken2, thanks for the link. Good article even though they missed a couple of manufacturers including Survival arms co.
Originally Posted by joken2

I would think that if it did, and it were acquired the way that safariman posted it, he'd likely be in possession of stolen gov't property and probably shouldn't be saying anything at all.

No military markings on mine, but there are lots of once military property guns and ammo floating around out there as war or service trophies. I wonder how many US M-1 carbines, markings and all, came home in duffel bags.
A quick check on "Survival Arms, Co." shows they existed from 1984 to 1995. I believe that those dates put their manufacture of these guns outside the time frame of the U.S. military use/issuance of the firearms to air crews. I.e., it's most likely just a civilian sold version and has no military history at all, save being designed like the ones used for a short time by air crews.
The SA versions are worth a schit ton of money.

Dave
I should have said SOME of the SA versions are worth a schit ton of money.

Should have been more clear.

Travis
I'm going to the bank and make some money "fall" into a duffle bag.
Safariman

When I flew with RCAF our seat packs had a 22Hornet and some ammo along with other "goodies" for winter survival. This was back in the 50's and early 60's. Cheers NC P.S. would love to have it now.!!

Gotta love the logic of someone who lost their license for scamming the elderly, buying a firearm that "accidentally fell" into someone's possession.
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
Gotta love the logic of someone who lost their license for scamming the elderly, buying a firearm that "accidentally fell" into someone's possession.

I missed that, so does sound a little shady, wonder how the vet got around not turning it in?
Originally Posted by Partsman

I missed that, so does sound a little shady, wonder how the vet got around not turning it in?

Just a wild guess and innanet fun for me there, no evidence of it ever having beenin US military hands, ever. But, as one would predict, the usual cowardly stooge with no real life to look after took the bait! SO predictable. Like fish in a barrel. (not you, partsman)
Originally Posted by safariman

Just a wild guess and innanet fun for me there, no evidence of it ever having beenin US military hands, ever. But, as one would predict, the usual cowardly stooge with no real life to look after took the bait! SO predictable. Like fish in a barrel.

So, in other words, your first post was an outright lie.

Interesting.
No, and I was not talking about you, either. I never said that I knew or even heard the man say he took it from his Gov't. His service record co incides with when Survival arms was making these, and he is an anti Fed kind of guy now, but that is all I had. Just tossing out some fun stuff to stir the pot a little.

He probably bought it with one of his US Navy paychecks while on leave. Like many others. No record I know of says that the Survival Arms products ever saw any military service now that I have checked further and had some members here post some details and better theories. I had thought, before i was able to find references, that perhaps Survival arms co had been making these BEFORE Charter Arms started in with them. I had never heard of that company before getting this gun. Turns out I was mistaken about the order of manufacturers and when the makers were building AR-7's. The gun looked old and rough, no nice touches to it like the new Henry's have so it looked about 60's or so mil spec and that only, to my eyes. Turns out is probably is about a 1990 rifle.
Also, always thought it would be a good idea for them to make a place to put a 50 rnd box of 22s in the stock as well...

Do that in today's market, and one just doubled the value of his rifle.
Originally Posted by 1minute

Do that in today's market, and one just doubled the value of his rifle.

TOO TRUE! Laffin and crying both at just how true that is, now.
Someone who made money scamming elderly people, calling others cowards..

Gotta love the 'net!
Rancho Loco, were you a party part of the infamous Campfire Cape Buffalo Hunt? Zimbabwe?
No, but please share!

Just a wild guess and innanet fun for me there, no evidence of it ever having beenin US military hands, ever. But, as one would predict, the usual cowardly stooge with no real life to look after took the bait! SO predictable. Like fish in a barrel.

So, in other words, your first post was an outright lie.

Interesting.

Claiborn lie? C'mon.. He'd NEVER do that.. wink
Maybe Mark can do so? Ahhhhsome Safaris, maybe?
In case you need a refresher, my violation was for putting a larger amount of money into people's annuities than what Oregon, and ONLY leftist Oregon, thought to be proper. No one lost a dime of their money and many are still making 4-15% (fixed VS indexed programs) returns on thier annuities. Not even one cent went to management fees or other costs. Hard % numbers were not introduced to the Oregon DOI until after I wrote the annuities in question, and the complaint was not filed by a client but the daughter of a deceased client at the urging of a small town stock broker who did not like having any competition. I harmed no one, and would not. And I still find the Oregon rule of X% only into an annuity to be capricious and over reaching of government into people's decisions, Coward.
When I was stationed at Langley on 130's, about 1967 they were taking them out of the survival bag...

To many of them were disappearing, and their usefulness on state side birds was pretty much nonexistent.
hmmmmm.... dissapearing? How could that BE? smile
In case you need a refresher, my violation was for putting a larger amount of money into people's annuities than what Oregon, and ONLY leftist Oregon, thought to be proper. No one lost a dime of their money and many are still making 4-15% (fixed VS indexed programs) returns on thier annuities. Not even one cent went to management fees or other costs. Hard % numbers were not introduced to the Oregon DOI until after I wrote the annuities in question, and the complaint was not filed by a client but the daughter of a deceased client at the urging of a small town stock broker who did not like having any competition. I harmed no one, and would not. And I still find the Oregon rule of X% only into an annuity to be capricious and over reaching of government into people's decisions, Coward.

Back to the buffalo hunt? Any losses or grievances there we can discuss?

"On 7/1/10, the director issued a notice of proposed action proposing to revoke the
Oregon nonresident individual insurance producer license issued to the party. The
director proposed to take that action because the director had reason to believe that
the party violated (1) Oregon Administrative Rules (OAR) 836-080-0090 in three
instances by recommending that a person who resided in Oregon purchase an
annuity that was unsuitable for the person, (2) ORS 746.100 in two instances by
making a false or fraudulent statement or representation on or relative to an
application for insurance, and (3) ORS 731.296 in three instances by failing to
promptly or truthfully respond to an inquiry from the director."

http://www.cbs.state.or.us/ins/admin_actions/actions_2011/producer_2011/10-02-005.pdf
Ruh Roh.
Who'd've thunk this would go south?

http://www.cbs.state.or.us/ins/admin_actions/actions_2011/producer_2011/10-02-005-p.pdf

The evidence has demonstrated that Mr. Claiborne
committed multiple violations of insurance laws in connection with the sale of annuities. Most
significantly, despite his knowledge of the requirement that he attempt to ascertain whether the
sale of an annuity was not unsuitable, Mr. Claiborne, on at least three occasions, recommended
the sale of annuities to elderly individuals without a meaningful assessment of their economic
circumstances. With regard to Ms. Holmes, Mr. Claiborne recommended the sale of an annuity
Page 28 of 30 Amended Proposed Order, Claiborne, Case No. INS 10-02-005
that resulted in an immediate loss of more than $2,000 and the potential for future lost interest
payments. With regard to the Woods, Mr. Claiborne recommended the sale of an annuity despite
having almost no information regarding the Woods‟s savings and investments. When Bankers
Life questioned the suitability of the investment, Mr. Claiborne altered a form which Mr. Wood
had previously signed as being accurate. When confronted about changes to the document, Mr.
Claiborne gave conflicting and increasingly self-serving answers.
With regard to the Holloway transaction, Mr. Claiborne recommended the sale of an
annuity that he knew would be funded primarily through the surrender of a variable annuity and
actively assisted Mr. Holloway in discussions with Prudential to secure the necessary forms
needed to complete the transaction. Mr. Claiborne made this recommendation despite the fact he
had never read the policy nor understood its unique and advantageous features for Mr. Holloway.
Despite his knowledge, Mr. Claiborne falsely indicated on Mr. Holloway‟s application that he
was not replacing an existing annuity, and did not plan on doing so. Mr. Claiborne offered no
reasonable explanation for his conduct, but falsely asserted that he was not aware of Mr.
Holloway‟s decision to surrender the Prudential annuity.
The evidence also established that Mr. Claiborne made false statements, as well as an
untimely response to the Division, including statements under oath, in an attempt to shield
himself from liability for his conduct. His statements to investigators were often self-serving,
contradictory, and contrary to all other available evidence. Given those false statements, the
Division can have no assurance that Mr. Claiborne will fully cooperate with any future
investigations that might arise. Mr. Claiborne has thus demonstrated a willingness to deceive
other insurance companies, the Division, and most importantly, the consumers, to serve his own
interests. Because the Division cannot rely on Mr. Claiborne to tell the truth, its ability to
effectively regulate his conduct to protect consumers in the future will be severely restricted.
Given the evidence in this matter, the ALJ concluded that the appropriate sanction is
revocation. ORS 744.074(1) allows the Division to revoke Mr. Claiborne‟s license. The
Division takes seriously its responsibility to protect the public from unscrupulous licensees. Mr.
Claiborne‟s license has already been suspended once for similar misconduct. (Ex. A1.) Given
his prior discipline and level of misconduct at issue here, the Division finds that the only
appropriate sanction is the revocation2
of Mr. Claiborne‟s license.

No, the buff hunt went great. Parts of that hunt are on my marketing video. When a couple of guys went back without me for Elephant the outfitter messed them up even though they got Elephants. I am still good freinds with Model70 guy who was on both trips. And we hope to hunt Africa together soon again.

Never, ever knowingly harmed a person for financial gain and I have lots of freinds still from my career who are praying for me while I am back up here at Virginia Mason. I got a how are you and get well call from one couple who have about ten Bankers Life annuities and are happy with them AND me. I have a lifelong invitation to hunt on the land they own in Wallowa county.

Would write some more, and I may do a whole thread about my careers in Insurance and hunting, but I am do to check in for my Biopsy (fairly minor surgery but scary for other reasons) in one hour so bye for now. And in the Ruger Charger deal I still know that I made the right decision to not refund for my reasons stated. Feel free to look for another tree to bark up, though. we know what kind of mammal barks up trees all the time.
A cat?

Dave
Right on cue..

On 10/27/11, the director received from the party an e-mail reasserting the
party’s previous exceptions and urging the director to not revoke his expired license,
but merely allow his license to remain expired. The party argued that the party (1)
has not been transacting insurance in Oregon for some time, (2) is not licensed in
Oregon, (3) does not represent Bankers Life and Casualty Company, the insurer
that he represented in the course of engaging in the misconduct, (4) is planning to
move from Walla Walla Washington to Elko Nevada, and (5) has poor health which
may prevent him from working anywhere again.
The director is not persuaded by
any of these arguments that the director must or should take any different action
than initially proposed
Deleted text
safariman (Member #8086)
User
Registered On: 06/18/05 07:30 PM
yep just got back to my room.
so nice to know that you care!
The saddest part to me is that with each and every train wreck like thread the shyster has a hand in, despite the glaring, incontrovertible and documented violations of professional conduct and the continuous obvious, flat-out lies stacked like so much cord wood he spews, so many here absolutely simply refuse to see the man for what he is. P.T. Barnum was so right.

Well, he loves God, and his cousin seems to like him.
I just want a picture of the RV park/recovery center.

Travis
Originally Posted by DocRocket
Deleted text

Nice. I was a bit surprised seeing what you posted.
African hunt for buffalo? in a word: GREEN

There is so much false in there it's ridiculous.

Your violations were not for that alone, as there were multiple and the reasons were cited in the cases put in this thread.

Bankers Life & Casualty, should anyone wish to look them up, is one of - if not THE - worst company out there for scamming old people and having insurance agents (who are NOT licensed to deal with or even review securities) push annuities on clients regardless of fit or compliance.

The "indexed annuities" referenced did not and do not return 15%. The calculus that goes into those indexes is guaranteed to trail the market by a considerable rate, and won't get close to 15%. There are also hefty penalties for withdrawals or cancellation of the contract; and the company has been sued multiple times for fraudulent placement of those "products". Their fixed rate annuities do not touch 4% currently, either. That's easily verified by contacting any local "Conseco/Banker's Life" office (yep, part of the Conseco family of businesses now, and that reputation carries).

The daughter was dealing with the estate of her mother and rightfully went to a LICENSED financial adviser to discuss what had happened to her mother's investments. That's when your ball of wax started to melt.
I didn't know Mark guided safari's.
He booked them, he was (is) not a PH. What year was that buffalo safari anyway, Mark?
You never read the safari thread?

Oh man... That schit was epic with some uber sprinkled on top.

Travis
Originally Posted by EdM
Deleted text

Nice. I was a bit surprised seeing what you posted.

Sorry about that. Guess I'm still a work in progress.
Anymore these threads need a rating system of some sort on the OP, complete with number of critters shot in the ass.

Bankers Life & Casualty, should anyone wish to look them up, is one of - if not THE - worst company out there...

People I know in the insurance industry have told me the same thing, more than once. I had no idea until yesterday that Bankers Life was the company in question.
Originally Posted by deflave

Travis

Really? Linky??
I just want a picture of the RV park/recovery center.

Travis

Yeah, I bet you got a chubby already...
Originally Posted by rickmenefee

He was a part-time booking agent. And the "24hourcampfire" group hunt he put together by all accounts went spectacularly wrong.

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/2431279/1

Travis

Hey, I'm old, I don't remember! can you find it?
Look above you blind fugg!

Dave
GFY, that was posted AFTER I hit the send button! smile
Look above you blind old fugg!

Dave

Fixed it for ya. Jorge's a sensitive guy, I hate to see him libelled. Oh, and his eyesight is excellent... I've met his wife!!!
I'm old but well preserved? smile
I got a how are you and get well call from one couple who have about ten Bankers Life annuities and are happy with them AND me.

Based on the findings of the insurance investigating body, I'd personally be more concerned about the ones on the client list who have not contacted you.

I may do a whole thread about my careers in Insurance and hunting...

Now that might get some paying subscribers!
So KOA has a plinking range?
I got a how are you and get well call from one couple who have about ten Bankers Life annuities and are happy with them AND me.

What percentage of that couple's net, liquid assets did you tie up in illiquid annuities? How does that balance against the regulatory guidelines?
I may do a whole thread about my careers in Insurance and hunting...

Oh, please do. That should be epic to an uber level. Ass-shot bears killed by someone else, FUBAR African safaris, and non-compliant annuities sold to retirees by someone without a license to even review securities statements (much less make a recommendation on such assets).
I'm old but well preservedpickled? smile

Edit, for clarity.

wink
I'm old but well preservedpickled? smile

Edit, for clarity.

wink

Hey! the sun's over the Yardarm SOMEWHERE!
Well, well, well. All of this over a uber AR-7. Go figger dat.

Mark, like Ole Ray Atkinson, you might want to piss on the fire, call in the dogs and head for the barn.

Best to your new organ and especially to Miss Vicky.
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Mark, like Ole Ray Atkinson, you might want to piss on the fire, call in the dogs and head for the barn.

Maybe he can hire Doug Chester, Esquire. whistle
Heh, I, too, remember that one! Mr. "Esquire", indeed!
[Linked Image]
Now,,,,where did Mark run off to ya think? Didn't he call 4ager or Rancho Loco something like a,,,,,,coward for less than a prompt reply?
We'll it appears the courts did find he cost people money and did commit a crime, but he must have proof he is innocent, and the people and judge was wrong?
I think the important thing to focus on at this point is where one mounts an AR7 on a turbo charged Sportster.

.....gotta' keep our priorities straight, ya' know.

GTC
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
I think the important thing to focus on at this point is where one mounts an AR7 on a turbo charged Sportster.

GTC

Why, on the ammo-can panniers, of course.
Originally Posted by FOsteology
Originally Posted by rickmenefee

He was a part-time booking agent. And the "24hourcampfire" group hunt he put together by all accounts went spectacularly wrong.

That was about 7 years ago.

Was this the first instance of members being "Safariman'd"?
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by crossfireoops

GTC

Why, on the ammo-can panniers, of course.

No no no...
Clearly it should be mounted right betwixt the handlebars. Right up front as befitting such a historic, and well pedigreed military weapon as this. Why in just a few years when it is resold this could VERY well be the rifle that killed bin laden...
wink
Jorge,

The Buffalo and Sable hunt was in, I think, 2006 and it went great.

The next year, (whatever year that was, '07 or '08) some of the same guys and a couple of new ones went back without me for an Elephant hunt. That one did turn out poorly, and was a major percursor to my cutting ties with that outfit. That was the year that my health went in the can, and I closed up the Safari biz right after.

Old Toot, I was in the hunt booking business for decades and had many a good hunt and hunt result. I tried to go on the hunts with my clients as oft as I could in part to make sure everything was going right for them and sometimes acting as a guide or PH assistant. Shooting bait animals, building blinds, helping the game scouts and Trackers put the baits up etc.

Not going anywhere, I have many many good freinds here and enjoy my time here quite a bit. A few turkeys who like to stalk me here are not going to spoil the fun for me here.

To whomever asked where I was, been driving home from the Transplant hospital. Long drive from Seattle to Walla Walla and I just got in.

A delay in a response is not cowardly, continuing to stalk and toss names at a man for years after the events, and when there is another side to the story that is conveniently ignored, from the safety and anonymity of the internet is for certain cowardly at best.

Over and out on this thread, Thanks to those who opined on the possible histories of the AR-7 and shared stories about theirs.
In case anyone was wondering, 2007 was the year that came after 2006.
I'll sleep better tonight. Thanks.
I KNEW there was another safari besides this one, where nothing but GREEN buffalo were shot.
Picure:
[Linked Image]

And link:
link

And considering that one of the BIGGEST POS EVER to smear his dung on this forum, MocassinJoe1 that got hosed(he had a lot of other names and just like Larry Root he kept getting his ass banned with his lies), it gave me joy to see him get effed.
That buffalo looks black to me.

Dave
that's racist.

Green is the new black.

Dave

Dave, you ignorant slut...

Dave

I think it's triplets.

Dave, Clark, and of course Travis. smile

They are probably ALL sluts though. laugh
Was Moccasin Joe and Big Squeeze one and the same?
no
ya i figgered this thread would go south pretty quick. organ transplants don't buy much around here. fuggen inflation
google wasn't much help. What the hell does "green" refer to with a buffalo hunt?

I'd rather be a slut than color blind.

Dave
Originally Posted by exbiologist
google wasn't much help. What the hell does "green" refer to with a buffalo hunt?

The bosses (or horned helmet for the ignorant sluts among us smile )

This is what a mature buff should look like:
[Linked Image]
check, got it.

Mature buffalo will have a bird on their nose.

That will make it easy to know which one to dust.
An exceptional one:

[Linked Image]

And REALLY the kind we should all be shooting, old and scarred, but what an old warrior! (it's not mine):
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by RWE
check, got it.

... and a "boss" that looks like azz crack from the nursing home.

And REALLY the kind we should all be shooting, old and scarred, but what an old warrior! (it's not mine):
[Linked Image]

But what about the buffalo???
I must be linked to the comedy channel...
No, just a Safariman thread.
I must be linked to the comedy channel...

Sorry...couldn't resist.

Seriously, having no idea what a green buffalo is, thanks for the education.
Originally Posted by RWE
check, got it.

That will make it easy to know which one to dust.

Laughin' my ass off.

Ol' Ricky Ricardo walked right into that one didn't he?

Dave
Yes lucy, the bird provides a very good aimpoint, but you have to pay extra for those birds, they are highly trained and tend to disintegrate when a 500gr pill steams through them.
Green bull is the African version of the azz shot bear cub?

Originally Posted by AH64guy

[Linked Image]

But what about the buffalo???

I'd wager that buffalo has whooped some a$$ in his time..
Originally Posted by RWE

Pfffttt....you obviously don't know an Oxpecker when you see one.!
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
Originally Posted by RWE

Pfffttt....you obviously don't know an Oxpecker when you see one.!

I certainly know the difference between a pecker and a nose...

Either that, or I've been sticking my nose where it don't belong.
Jorge,

The next year, (whatever year that was, '07 or '08) some of the same guys and a couple of new ones went back without me for an Elephant hunt. That one did turn out poorly, and was a major percursor to my cutting ties with that outfit. That was the year that my health went in the can, and I closed up the Safari biz right after.

Old Toot, I was in the hunt booking business for decades and had many a good hunt and hunt result. I tried to go on the hunts with my clients as oft as I could in part to make sure everything was going right for them and sometimes acting as a guide or PH assistant. Shooting bait animals, building blinds, helping the game scouts and Trackers put the baits up etc.

Not going anywhere, I have many many good freinds here and enjoy my time here quite a bit. A few turkeys who like to stalk me here are not going to spoil the fun for me here.

To whomever asked where I was, been driving home from the Transplant hospital. Long drive from Seattle to Walla Walla and I just got in.

A delay in a response is not cowardly, continuing to stalk and toss names at a man for years after the events, and when there is another side to the story that is conveniently ignored, from the safety and anonymity of the internet is for certain cowardly at best.

Over and out on this thread, Thanks to those who opined on the possible histories of the AR-7 and shared stories about theirs.

I never read any supporting kudos or hunt reports for those 'great hunts' but may have missed them. Please post them here if you would and could.

As per your comments "on the past",it does tend to follow a fellow and mostly of his/her own doing. But ymmv.
Tell you what though, I think a .22 Hornet survival type rifle could be a real seller if done right. Some sort of repeater (why not pump action with a stacked magazine--not tubular). Milspec finish, accurate, reliable, lightweight, 20-22" bbl. Why don't one of you money guys start production on something like this?

Jordan
Originally Posted by RobJordan
Tell you what though, I think a .22 Hornet survival type rifle could be a real seller if done right. Some sort of repeater (why not pump action with a stacked magazine--not tubular). Milspec finish, accurate, reliable, lightweight, 20-22" bbl. Why don't one of you money guys start production on something like this?
Jordan

That would be sweet. Something takedown with a small magazine like a Savage 1903

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by exbiologist

The bosses (or horned helmet for the ignorant sluts among us smile )

This is what a mature buff should look like:
[Linked Image]

I would always shoot that bird off of the Buffaloes nose first before I shot the Buff... Didn't cost extra... more bang for my buck wink
Amazing something so small can crap on something so big and ferocious and get away, scot free, with it.
the 22 hornet might be a tad light for the buff.
Originally Posted by rem141r
the 22 hornet might be a tad light for the buff.

That is why I run heavy for caliber in my Hornet!

whistle
No, and I was not talking about you, either. I never said that I knew or even heard the man say he took it from his Gov't. His service record co incides with when Survival arms was making these, and he is an anti Fed kind of guy now, but that is all I had. Just tossing out some fun stuff to stir the pot a little.

He probably bought it with one of his US Navy paychecks while on leave. Like many others. No record I know of says that the Survival Arms products ever saw any military service now that I have checked further and had some members here post some details and better theories. I had thought, before i was able to find references, that perhaps Survival arms co had been making these BEFORE Charter Arms started in with them. I had never heard of that company before getting this gun. Turns out I was mistaken about the order of manufacturers and when the makers were building AR-7's. The gun looked old and rough, no nice touches to it like the new Henry's have so it looked about 60's or so mil spec and that only, to my eyes. Turns out is probably is about a 1990 rifle.

No that is exactly what your comment suggests happened, and is exactly the reas you wrote it the way you did....fuggs sake
So sick. So broke. So helpless to know the difference between right and wrong. A shame, really. crazy
Originally Posted by FOsteology

Maybe he can hire Doug Chester, Esquire. whistle

lmao
Mark-

What was the upshot (as in a resolution) for the poor bastards who you sent on a hunt where you knew in advance the guide/outfitter was of questionable character?

You were waiting for the next crew to to return with a report? Did you warn them and offer a refund prior to their departure? did they go/ did you get a report of their hunt?

Why was the hunt that was posted about almost cancelled because you were late in sending their money to the guide/outfitter?

Why did you never respond to that thread and try to clear things up?

This thread right here:

?
Jorge,

The problems with your "other side to the story" is that it's a damned lie and complete horsechit. That's been the case, time and and again.
Mark-...Did you warn them and offer a refund prior to their departure?...

I believe he has, in previous threads (where someone was cheated), stated his policy was "no returns or refunds unless specifically offered, in writing, prior to payment." smile
Thinking his present medications may have influenced some of his answers and dialogue on this thread. Call it the benefit of the doubt.
Not intending to pile on SM.

Just never saw an explanation for the problems. SM said he was going to report back to this thread:

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/2372141/4

at the end of the season when all the reports were in.

Hence my questions above.
Benefit of the doubt is for Canadians.

Mark will come up with his own excuses, he doesn't need any help.
Thinking his present medications may have influenced some of his answers and dialogue on this thread. Call it the benefit of the doubt.

It ain't just this thread. Call it a pattern of behavior, over years. Any doubt or benefit thereof vanished long ago.
Mark-

What was the upshot (as in a resolution) for the poor bastards who you sent on a hunt where you knew in advance the guide/outfitter was of questionable character?

You were waiting for the next crew to to return with a report? Did you warn them and offer a refund prior to their departure? did they go/ did you get a report of their hunt?

Why was the hunt that was posted about almost cancelled because you were late in sending their money to the guide/outfitter?

Why did you never respond to that thread and try to clear things up?

This thread right here:

You have been on the forum, and refuse to answer or update the thread about the hunt (Africa Forum) that you arranged. That means we will have to draw our own conclusions as to your honesty, integrity, and collusion in the foul turn of events.

Where'd Safariman go? Ironbender asks a few questions and "poof", eh?
Any progress on the AR-7?

Travis
The stolen one?
The green one?
The uber one.

I figured he would have gone poof long a go when confronted.
Where'd Safariman go?

Waco, Tx.
Originally Posted by Ready
Where'd Safariman go?

Waco, Tx.

And this is where the guy knifed me....
So, are these now "uber-crickets" we are hearing?
I have never seen where the US military has ever bought the AR-7 in any numbers. I believe some of the early Armalite AR-7's were bought and tested, but I'm not aware of either ever being adopted. I have never seen one stamped US Property. The M4 and M6 were both bought and used in far greater numbers than the AR-5. I have never seen an AR-5 in civilian hands, which makes me think there weren't many produced. As slick as the AR-7's are, they were never bought by the US Military.

Specifically Survival Arms is two companies removed from the timeframe that the AR-7 was evaluated. So it's a commercial product, that was sold commercially and it was never used by the military.

In all honesty, they were not difficult questions, just related to information that was promised several times by Mr. Claiborne about the ill-fated PAC elephant and buffler hunt.
Good questions, and as you say, he DID promise to report back on that thread and never did. I'd like to know what the outcome eventually was, as well.
I do not have high hopes for honest answers.

YMMV.
I've figured about the best way to tell Mark is going to start a new con is that he starts the thread "hey friends", or I rarely ask for prayers
He's been on here all day.
Won't come near this thread though.
Hmmmmmm ?
Selling chit in the classifieds
Good questions, and as you say, he DID promise to report back on that thread and never did. I'd like to know what the outcome eventually was, as well.

I can GAF. As noted previously, he is a bad person in every way.
Originally Posted by GunGeek
I have never seen where the US military has ever bought the AR-7 in any numbers. I believe some of the early Armalite AR-7's were bought and tested, but I'm not aware of either ever being adopted. I have never seen one stamped US Property. The M4 and M6 were both bought and used in far greater numbers than the AR-5. I have never seen an AR-5 in civilian hands, which makes me think there weren't many produced. As slick as the AR-7's are, they were never bought by the US Military.

Specifically Survival Arms is two companies removed from the timeframe that the AR-7 was evaluated. So it's a commercial product, that was sold commercially and it was never used by the military.

Thanks, some references said that the USAF used them for a significant time, others do not. Most probable that this one was and is strictly a civilian piece.

As to the rest of the crap, I announced several pages ago that I would not reply to posts that were about anything other than the gun.

One last time, and I did state this before in this thread, The Cape Buf hunt went great, the Elephant hunt did not go as well even though everyone got an Elephant. FWIW I was not on that hunt/trip.

DeFlave, the rifle is still shooting terrific. No more work needs to be done to it and I am pretty satisfied that this one is not MilSurp or have any Military connections. Fine with me as it is (now) a fun and useful little gun.

Info or queries relating to the AR-7 will be replied to, hijacking posts about anything else, not so much.
Safariman, are you sure you didn't have your transplant in Philadelphia? Wherever you go on this forum train wrecks seem to follow.....UBER!!!!

One last time, and I did state this before in this thread, The Cape Buf hunt went great...

Holy crap! Did you READ the thread that was linked about the trouble you gave a couple 'Fire members? How they nearly didn't even get to BE in the clusterF you arranged? (That might have been a blessing to not go).

You stated in that report thread that you were waiting on reports from the next group. You NEVER followed up in that thread as you PROMISED several times.

Clearly your ideas of "great" and "promise" are different than that of an honest man. You sir, are full of shiit.
He's a lot dirtier and a LOT more insidious as simply being some random washed-up member with delusions of grandeur that's pathetically FOS. Virtually every single word that comes out of him is centered around some Mickey Mouse hustle or another he's got running in his head. I give more credit to the cats on the street running a game of Three Card Monte. Credit where it's due, man.
I think you spent $50 too much. Junk IMHO.
Originally Posted by kamo_gari
He's a lot dirtier and a LOT more insidious as simply being some random washed-up member with delusions of grandeur that's pathetically FOS. Virtually every single word that comes out of him is centered around some Mickey Mouse hustle or another he's got running in his head. I give more credit to the cats on the street running a game of Three Card Monte. Credit where it's due, man.

Spot on!
© 24hourcampfire