Home
I'm more than a little perturbed. A few days ago, my yellow lab, Buddy, made the mistake of turning his azz on one of the neighbor's pit bulls. You have to understand that Buddy is the most laid-back, mellow, easy to get along with dog I have ever met. One of the neighbor's pits got loose, and went after one of our little dogs, so Buddy ran him off him. That done, he turned to come back home, and here's what that poor, little, misunderstood pit bull did to him.

[Linked Image]
He's begging me not to show anybody.......

[Linked Image]
Nice, huh?
Hope he recovers ok. That looks like a good sized vet bill. Is your neighbor gonna pay it?
There ought to be a law...
I just might be feeding that pit bull a little antifreeze if the authorities do nothing.

I hope buddy heals quickly.
Hope that pit took a couple 165gr HP's for the trouble!
Neighbor wouldn't have a pit bull after that. wink

Hope your pup recovers well.
You need to flush the inside of those wounds with either betadine or chlorhexidine and get buddy to a DVM first thing in the morning. Don't wait. If you do not have a syringe (without needle) get one at a pharmacy
Originally Posted by 43Shooter
Hope he recovers ok. That looks like a good sized vet bill. Is your neighbor gonna pay it?

Luckily, they only charged me $100, since there's not much they could do to it, other than clean it, and give us some antibiotics & spray to keep it clean. Bad thing is, when it happened, he didn't bleed much, and his hair is so thick that I didn't think there was much there. A couple of days later, the hair started falling out, and we noticed frickin maggots mad
I spent 2 hours picking them all out, and took him to the vet 1st thing the next morning. The neighbor is white trash, and claims HIS dog couldn't have done it. The way I see it, since it's not his dog, he won't have any complaints when I shoot the sumbitch next time I catch him on our side of the hill.
Posted By: ingwe Re: Poor Misunderstood Pit Bulls - 05/25/15
Made the decision long ago...if I ever have to pull a pit bull off of one of my dogs, it'll be easy, cause he will be limp and cooling at the time....
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Hope that pit took a couple 165gr HP's for the trouble!

When he comes back close to the house, and he will, I prefer one 325 grain FTX out of my 45-70............ wink

I have one with his name on it.
Originally Posted by ingwe
Made the decision long ago...if I ever have to pull a pit bull off of one of my dogs, it'll be easy, cause he will be limp and cooling at the time....

Roger that!
I hope your dog recoupes fast & good I hate to see that & hear this. I comend you for being civilized ,I do not think I could.

Problem is it was early, and they were down in front of my mom's house, so I didn't get a chance to get near them before it was over, and he was gone.
Originally Posted by VinceM
I commend you for being civilized ,I do not think I could.

Oh, it's not that I'm "civilized", just patient. I WILL get my shot at him........
sorry about Buddy.

never understood why folks keep pit bulls, esp if small children are around.

Never here about a beagle killing anyone.
Originally Posted by HilhamHawk

Problem is it was early, and they were down in front of my mom's house, so I didn't get a chance to get near them before it was over, and he was gone.

Well, thats good and bad. Good he was gone and that he released your dog, they often don't. I even carry pepper spray on my walks with my dog because of people and their frigging pit bulls....
Originally Posted by eyeball
There ought to be a law...

haters gonna hate. shocked
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
sorry about Buddy.

Nope, or yellow labs, either.......... grin

But, sure enough, the pit bull defenders will be along shortly..........
I've been around pits for many years. Never had a bad one. Won't trust a child around one though. Ya just never know.......
Sam, Im the same way. Ive said it before but every pit I ever worked with or was around was a very nice, sweet dog. That said, I never entered an enclosure with one that I wasn't prepared to kill.
All pits are sweet...,until they aren't.
Yep, only dog I don't trust implicitly.
Damn Hawk that sucks. I hope Buddy heals up quick.

If the neighbor did not agree to get rid of the dog I would do whatever it took to give him a dirt nap especially if any kids live with you or nearby.

twofish
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
sorry about Buddy.

Nope, or yellow labs, either.......... grin

But, sure enough, the pit bull defenders will be along shortly..........

That's right.

My dad has two lab mix dogs that were rescue dogs. 2 big ole babies.
Yep, only dog I don't trust implicitly.

That pretty much sums it up for me, too. I'm not scared of them, and, by myself, would be unlikely to have any problem with one. That being said, I don't see how anyone can risk having children, especially small children, around them. A lot of dogs will bite, but very few will maul or kill. I also currently have ( I guess you say a grand-dog, it's my daughter's) a very protective female black lab. If someone tried to hurt one of us, I have no doubt that she'd clamp the chit out of them. But you sure as hell wouldn't hear about her killing or maiming them.
Posted By: oznog Re: Poor Misunderstood Pit Bulls - 05/25/15
People with aggressive dogs need to keep them restrained. I don't blame you for being angry, but plan your response carefully . Best wishes for a speedy recovery. We had an ordeal with an arse of a neighbor with pits a few years ago and I eventually called the sheriff when it got to the point that I was going to get arrested for my response.
I even carry pepper spray on my walks with my dog because of people and their frigging pit bulls....

Bear spray, because you might need to dose the owner, too.
Good thing for the maggots they ate the infection
Good thing for the maggots they ate the infection

What I was thinking. Lots of lives saved by them during the war of Northern Aggression. miles
The mail carriers I know say that the spray will often fail to stop a pit bull.

Carry something 9mm or larger.

Somebody said the pit bulls are often great dogs.....until they're not.

Wise words.

And you never know when it will happen.
Originally Posted by VinceM
I commend you for being civilized ,I do not think I could.

Oh, it's not that I'm "civilized", just patient. I WILL get my shot at him........

My shot is a claw hammer dead set on top of skull,with the claw
Use an axe.

Those skulls are thick enough that they've stopped bullets.
There needs to be a bounty on those SOBs.
Ok, so sorry about Buddy, really do hope he gest better.

#2 - I firmly believe that the dog's behavior is the result of the treatment (input) of the owner. to that end, and based on the little bit that I did read, if the authorities are not going to handle it, might be time for more drastic measures
reminds me of a guy I used to work with. he had some mutts but would not keep them in his yard, would not close the gate on his fenced yard, said they should be able to go free, yatta-yatta......

One day they got ahold of the neighbor's either small dog or a cat and tore it up good, and the cops came and warned him. He went out of town about a week later, and when he cam back, both dogs were GONE, just gone. Tried the animal shelter, the whole bit. he was working around the yard and found their collars a few days later..............
So......they were raptured?
Originally Posted by DancesWithGuns

Sounds like, yes, they were called to pit bull heaven. Or somewhere.
Originally Posted by DancesWithGuns

Sounds like, yes, they were called to pit bull heaven. Or somewhere.

well, that is a bit blasphemous, so I would say no. I think more like lynched
not to go CSI on this, and don't know if it was possible but could they have checked his dog for your dog's dna or vise versa from the bite wounds?
Risk to benefit isnt worth it to me for pit bulls.....

Im partial to,these
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by JimHnSTL
not to go CSI on this, and don't know if it was possible but could they have checked his dog for your dog's dna or vise versa from the bite wounds?

Not in the little podunk county I live in, no. About the only way that might be possible would be to get the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation (state police) involved, and there's simply no way that would happen for such a minor (to them mad ) case.
Dogs do what the owner allows them to.

Its why I'd rather see the owner dealt with than the dog.

As a youth the neighbor had some mean dogs that would chew up our small dogs. One died in the road. Coming home after a day of rabbit hunting they charged and the owner just laughed but was pissed when I hit the first one in the head with a 20ga at 5-7 ft. The other one got in his yard before I got a shot. My brother got it 2 days later with a 22lr but it made it,s way home to bleed to death on the porch. The dummy got two more and I both with the 270win as there chasing the cows. Dad was both proud and pissed. Guess I should have not drug them down and left in his drive. Will never have or put up with a mean dog. Clint
Dumb ass down the street from me has a big azz dog that "just gets off the leash" (BS) that has come after me twice. Once when I was taking a walk around 6-7 p.m. and only had a knife (before I started carrying the .38 with me, too) and another time crossing my buddy's yard across the street about same time of day. Had my PM9 loaded with HP's on me then.
Mind you, this dog has been the center of other confrontations, including one where he tore up my buddy's dog, also named Buddy and looks almost identical to Hawk's.

On both occasions with him charging me, he's not barking or growling until he starts getting close. If you know dogs, you know that's not a good sign. The first time when I'm on my walk, I tell the 2 druggie lesbo dancers that live at the idiot's house I'll cut his ph'uggin throat if he tries to bite me. The second time I don't say schit and just pull out my gun and put the front sight on his noggin', waiting for him to get close enough to make sure the job got done. Same result both times, simultaneously screaming at me not to kill him, they're gonna sue me BS, and screaming at the dog, calling him off.

These azzholes actually think the schit is funny. I told my buddy to flip the ph ukker a magic meatball.
hey Local, I would suggest doing as I stated above to a coworker. If you're up for it, take the dog like three counties away and turn him in at the animal shelter, let them figure it out

Or, maybe he just disappears...............

Just a thought
He's starting to heal up, though it still looks nasty, and will take awhile. In the meantime, he's starting to realize being on lockdown ain't all bad...... grin

[Linked Image]
Hey Hawk, hope he's feeling a lot better real soon.
Originally Posted by iambrb
hey Local, I would suggest doing as I stated above to a coworker. If you're up for it, take the dog like three counties away and turn him in at the animal shelter, let them figure it out

Or, maybe he just disappears...............

Just a thought

I like the disappearing part a lot better. Problem is, the azzholes are ALWAYS present when this schit goes down. Like I said, they think it's funny, and they're some dumb ph uckers to begin with. Might just clunk one of them in the gourd with my baton next time. See if that sinks in.
He's starting to heal up, though it still looks nasty, and will take awhile. In the meantime, he's starting to realize being on lockdown ain't all bad...... grin

[Linked Image]

im sure he feels a lot better you not showing his shaved a$$ this time. grin

best wishes for a speedy recovery.
Originally Posted by iambrb
I think more like lynched

Which is what Pit Bulls specialize in.
Originally Posted by clintsfolly
As a youth the neighbor had some mean dogs that would chew up our small dogs. One died in the road. Coming home after a day of rabbit hunting they charged and the owner just laughed but was pissed when I hit the first one in the head with a 20ga at 5-7 ft. The other one got in his yard before I got a shot. My brother got it 2 days later with a 22lr but it made it,s way home to bleed to death on the porch. The dummy got two more and I both with the 270win as there chasing the cows. Dad was both proud and pissed. Guess I should have not drug them down and left in his drive. Will never have or put up with a mean dog. Clint

This is a post worth reading.

Twice.

Travis
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Dumb ass down the street from me has a big azz dog that "just gets off the leash" (BS) that has come after me twice. Once when I was taking a walk around 6-7 p.m. and only had a knife (before I started carrying the .38 with me, too) and another time crossing my buddy's yard across the street about same time of day. Had my PM9 loaded with HP's on me then.
Mind you, this dog has been the center of other confrontations, including one where he tore up my buddy's dog, also named Buddy and looks almost identical to Hawk's.

On both occasions with him charging me, he's not barking or growling until he starts getting close. If you know dogs, you know that's not a good sign. The first time when I'm on my walk, I tell the 2 druggie lesbo dancers that live at the idiot's house I'll cut his ph'uggin throat if he tries to bite me. The second time I don't say schit and just pull out my gun and put the front sight on his noggin', waiting for him to get close enough to make sure the job got done. Same result both times, simultaneously screaming at me not to kill him, they're gonna sue me BS, and screaming at the dog, calling him off.

These azzholes actually think the schit is funny. I told my buddy to flip the ph ukker a magic meatball.

If you don't want to kill it, get a can of bear spray and let 'er rip next time.

Note his behavior next time he sees you.

Travis
Best of luck buddy!! Revenge is served up best cold...
I was once hunting a highly productive lease and suddenly three dogs appeared from the wood line. I got the first one, a Pit Bull with my 45 Colt. The second got it with my 308. The third was a Dachshund. He took off running straight down my 200 yard shooting lane. I fired on him at about 185 yards. The bullet hit the soft East Texas dirt right between his back legs. I had no idea Weenie Dogs had afterburners.

Regardless of their unknown owners, they had no right being where they were.
Originally Posted by Reloder28
I had no idea Weenie Dogs had afterburners.

I have one of those, and he is the most spoiled dog I have (Me being the guilty party). He amazes me how fast them stumpy little legs can move when he's properly motivated...........

[Linked Image]
© 24hourcampfire