Home
Yep, under the leadership of former SecDef Robert Gates, the Scouts are going to allow homo leaders. Snuggle time for the boys, with rainbow daddies. Some disgusting chit, but then the Scouts have been under attack for years. The GSA went lesbian long ago.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/07/26/boy-scouts-gay-leaders/30711945/
That will finish it off. Political correctness is a cancer.
The news said this was an effort to increase enrollment into the scouts from young people. Really? If I had a kid in the Scouts right now I'd yank them out immediately and fire off a letter to Scout HQ explaining exactly what I thought of their new policy.
Originally Posted by MOGC
The news said this was an effort to increase enrollment into the scouts from young people. Really? If I had a kid in the Scouts right now I'd yank them out immediately and fire off a letter to Scout HQ explaining exactly what I thought of their new policy.

A totally meaningless gesture on your part. To do so would only have a negative impact on your son.

Scouting's policy is for adults to interact with scouts in pairs, for the protection of both the scout and the adult leader.

My Church cut ties with a BSA Troop that they had sponsored for years because of the homosexual Scout decision. The point being that decisions made at the National Level are likely to have a negative trickle-down impact at the Troop Level.
new tents are optional for the shemale leaders

Attached picture image.jpg
Lord Baden Powell is rolling in his grave crazy

I wouldn't blame you one bit. There are still plenty of us that don't believe homosexuality is normal.
As a Scout for my entire life, and an Eagle Scout, I am saddened by this ruling.

I believed, deep down, that it was only a matter of time though; especially with all the BS surrounding the .gov getting involved with the bakers who didn't want to bake a fairy cake.

I am still, very much unhappy with this ruling.

Not because I think that allowing gay leaders is going to lead to more pedophiles getting in; if there's a pedophile in the ranks, generally speaking...they're quiet about their social life, and no one knows they're on that team...

Gay men are not attracted to every man they see; just ask straight women. I'm sure that I could probably find 1 or 2 women alive who don't think I'm attractive, and don't want to have sex with me.

No, I am frustrated because the Scout oath states that "I will keep myself morally straight". I do not believe that the LGBT community is "morally straight". That is up to each person to determine what that means to them.

I also am tired of PRIVATE organizations cowing down to the liberals, just because they get some pressure. I should be able to say who is permitted in my business/organization/etc without the Grubment stepping in. Unfortunately, that is not the case.

I was more than proud of the BSA in June 2000, when the Supreme Court ruled that they were WITHIN their rights to limit membership.
were the Scouts not dependent on public space, or church space, for their meetings, they would have been able to go on without this 'arrangement'.
Sad though, that it's the Christian Church that seems to be the biggest cheer leader for homos. Hard to get your mind around a Church shutting out Scouts for wanting to keep the kids 'morally straight'.
An earlier article said that local BS groups can still keep their prohibitions. This just gives them the option.
This is just the start of our countries downfall. You ain't seen nothing yet.
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
An earlier article said that local BS groups can still keep their prohibitions. This just gives them the option.

Worse move ever.

With the corporate policy leaving to individual groups to make the choice, you can count on internal dissension, focused ridicule and scrutiny, separation, and all sorts of politics.

Que the Presbyterian Church.
Our troop voted to not allow Gay leaders.Yet the future of scouting in America rests with the BSA to recruit from the
hispanic population in the cities. The cub scout recruiting and retention numbers are down and the future of scouting rests with being able to recruit Hispanic family's.

Doc
Originally Posted by RWE

Worse move ever.

With the corporate policy leaving to individual groups to make the choice, you can count on internal dissension, focused ridicule and scrutiny, separation, and all sorts of politics.

Que the Presbyterian Church.

Not only internal dissension, but what it does is leave their fannies hanging out in the breeze. Does anyone think that BSA HQ is going to come rushing to the defense of a troop that says no to perverts?
Originally Posted by doctor_Encore
Our troop voted to not allow Gay leaders.Yet the future of scouting in America rests with the BSA to recruit from the
hispanic population in the cities. The cub scout recruiting and retention numbers are down and the future of scouting rests with being able to recruit Hispanic family's.

Doc

Great to hear!!
Nothing to see here; move on...

The scouts are doomed!
As I understand it, the decision is still up to individual troops and the churches that sponsor them?

Seems like a political/PR move with little real effect except in maybe some larger cities with a large homo contingency/movement.
Also, as a father of a young one, I have looked into some "Traditional Scouting" groups like the Baden Powell Society. I found they absolutely allow homo scout leaders.

The BSA was on the outside in this and maybe stood to lose ground to these other organizations.
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Also, as a father of a young one, I have looked into some "Traditional Scouting" groups like the Baden Powell Society. I found they absolutely allow homo scout leaders.

The BSA was on the outside in this and maybe stood to lose ground to these other organizations.

There were, as of last month, six young men in the Boy Scouts on my road. As of the end of this month, only the young man completing his Eagle Scout project will still be a Scout; the rest have left with their parents over this decision.

I can't imagine that such an incident is isolated, and if happening across the country will determine the fate of Scouting.
That is a shame, but completely understandable. You are after all operating under their banner, regardless of the makeup of your own troop.

I could not fathom sending my boy off with a homo leader. It simply would not happen.

Hopefully one of the other scouting groups grows with more folks looking for organizations with values inline with their own.

Someone will start a new boys club.....Straight scouts of America or maybe the NO Homo club of America.
Down the tubes I tell ya' mad
Hope and Change!
How long until there's a "dick smokers" merit badge?

Imagine the requirements.
With written essay and pictures.

JFC.

Well my boy, 8, will continue to be home schooled in boy scouts.
What saddens me is how do I explain to him he'll be an unrecognized Eagle Scout.

Makes me fuggin sick.

pretty simple really.

don't ask, don't tell.
keep sexual activity and orientation out of ANY scouting agenda. this includes hetero sex.
focus on outdoor skills, leadership, etc as always.

this will satisfy the queers on the coasts.
Originally Posted by KentuckyMountainMan
Someone will start a new boys club.....Straight scouts of America or maybe the NO Homo club of America.

problem is, that any new group would be subject to the same big thing that hurts BSA.
A place to hold their meetings. Many groups are hosted by churches, but sadly, the churches are leading the charge to turn boys into victims of homo leaders.
Royal Rangers is a great straight group, that functions internationally already.
The future of scouting is not far away, ready for prime time.

I got way more out of taking my kids camping and fishing than we ever did from scouting.
What do you all think, age of consent lowered to 8 within the next 20 years?
Originally Posted by Steelhead

I'm sure there's pervert groups working on it now.
Originally Posted by MagMarc

I'm sure there's pervert groups working on it now.

Just go the Mexican or Arab or Southeast Asian route and enslave them; no need for consent and none of our sanctimonious pricks in the U.S. will say a word.
Hey, who would not want their sons to be led into the woods by a queer??
There were, as of last month, six young men in the Boy Scouts on my road. As of the end of this month, only the young man completing his Eagle Scout project will still be a Scout; the rest have left with their parents over this decision.

I can't imagine that such an incident is isolated, and if happening across the country will determine the fate of Scouting.

As to the larger picture, I have been leading groups of high school students on outdoor trips for nearly thirty years. Over the years, with the rise of electronic media keeping kids indoors for uncounted thousands of hours all through their childhood, the level of interest in the outdoors has fallen off dramatically. I would presume this includes scouting.

From what I have seen the core group that has been keeping scouting alive are actively Christian families with involved parents. As you have stated, this ruling will drive them away.

The Boy Scouts will fade into irrelevancy

Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
with the rise of electronic media keeping kids indoors for uncounted thousands of hours all through their childhood, the level of interest in the outdoors has fallen off dramatically. I would presume this includes scouting.

From what I have seen the core group that has been keeping scouting alive are actively Christian families with involved parents. As you have stated, this ruling will drive them away.

The Boy Scouts will fade into irrelevancy

Birdwatcher

I was an Asst. Scoutmaster for several years, my son is an Eagle Scout.

Its interesting you bring this up, I had a conversation with one of the Scoutmasters a few weeks ago about this. When I was involved we could barely arrange transportation for all the boy to go camping. Now I'm told none of the boys want to go out because their phones won't work in our old camping spots. The local Troop also took a hit with gay scouts being allowed. With homosexual scoutmasters now being in scouting will fall into oblivion.

Electronics and gays are going to be the death of Scouting.
Originally Posted by hillbillybear
Lord Baden Powell is rolling in his grave

I was in the Boy Scouts in the 1960's and I recall thinking at the time that he was rolling in his grave even then.
I was going to add to my original post the fact that when you CAN get them to go, they are on their electronic media constantly.

Used to be the trips would fill a whole school bus and have a waiting list in just a day or two after being announced. In recent years we have actually had to cancel some due to lack of interest, which was unheard-of back in the day.

This is sad because those who did go along on camping trips and such twenty years ago invariably mention those trips as highlights of their high school years when I run into them on the street.

Birdwatcher
The Boy Scouts will fade into irrelevancy ...

B-P's early books about his African campaigns are available in low-cost paper-bound editions.

Anybody who cares to go to the trouble of reading them can see how he developed the idea of Scouting (with a capital 'S'), and why he thought it would be a good thing to train up young boys in its principles.

Read those, and you'll understand that the Boy Scouts turned into something else a long time ago.
These kids will never have any idea what they missed. It is very sad indeed.
Originally Posted by tjm10025
Originally Posted by hillbillybear
Lord Baden Powell is rolling in his grave

I was in the Boy Scouts in the 1960's and I recall thinking at the time that he was rolling in his grave even then.

I was in the Boy Scouts IN ENGLAND in the 1960's. British scouting uniforms rocked.. green berets and dark green shirts, with the fleur-de-lys prominently displayed.

And Clark's shoes brought out their "Animal Tracker" model with animal track soles and a compass hidden in a heel compartment which we all wore grin

I do recall being sadly disappointed with the plain khaki American scouting uniform and that non-functional fatigue cap.

Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by tjm10025
The Boy Scouts will fade into irrelevancy ...

B-P's early books about his African campaigns are available in low-cost paper-bound editions.

Anybody who cares to go to the trouble of reading them can see how he developed the idea of Scouting (with a capital 'S'), and why he thought it would be a good thing to train up young boys in its principles.

Read those, and you'll understand that the Boy Scouts turned into something else a long time ago.

These are books I should have read already, tks.
I never got the change to the khaki top, the old green was superior.
I was going to add to my original post the fact that when you CAN get them to go, they are on their electronic media constantly.

Used to be the trips would fill a whole school bus and have a waiting list in just a day or two after being announced. In recent years we have actually had to cancel some due to lack of interest, which was unheard-of back in the day.

This is sad because those who did go along on camping trips and such twenty years ago invariably mention those trips as highlights of their high school years when I run into them on the street.

Birdwatcher

I was an ASM for many years and all three of my sons are Eagle Scouts. We had a rule in our troop that prohibited electronics during our outings. The boys could use them while in the car, but once we got to our destination they were prohibited, on pain of confiscation for the duration of the trip.
Sounds like the church of LDS is pushing back and reconsidering their association with the organization.

Looking forward to all the threads praising their opposition...

Travis

Doesn't really matter. Today most of the Boy Scouts are probably Homo's anyway
Originally Posted by 260Remguy

A totally meaningless gesture on your part. To do so would only have a negative impact on your son.

Scouting's policy is for adults to interact with scouts in pairs, for the protection of both the scout and the adult leader.

My Church cut ties with a BSA Troop that they had sponsored for years because of the homosexual Scout decision. The point being that decisions made at the National Level are likely to have a negative trickle-down impact at the Troop Level.

Not really, many a boy has done just fine never being in scouts.

I was in for a few years, learned how to build a useless derby car and got out, still did just fine...

Its up to parents to see that the kids do well.

If scouts are coming full of things you don't want them to experience, get em out and go do something else.

No big issue or deal.
Agree with rost. This pathetic idea just paves the way for more pedophile scout leaders.
I grew up in 4-H. Some churches sponsor the Awana program. There are alternatives to the scouts.
I grew up in 4-H. Some churches sponsor the Awana program. There are alternatives to the scouts.

Yep.

There's also nothing preventing PARENTS from being involved, maybe even acquiring the old Boy Scout Handbook, and teaching their kids a few things.

A novel and in this day and age perhaps radical idea, to be sure.
Originally Posted by 4ager

A novel and in this day and age perhaps radical idea, to be sure.

hopefully it will catch on!

Damn shame its considered novel and radical.

Shows the decline.

But the good book refers to whats coming anyway eventually, do all you can and you still can't stop it.

Sure seems that the gentle slope we were on in the last years has fallen off a deep bottomless cliff though.
What about the scout oath ?....morally straight ?????
Originally Posted by rost495

I was in for a few years, learned how to build a useless derby car and got out, still did just fine...

If scouts are coming full of things you don't want them to experience, get em out and go do something else.

No big issue or deal.

My son wasn't in the Scouts. I don't think he suffered too terribly. He didn't have much time for it between football and baseball at school and hunting and fishing with his dad and grandpa. He is a self sufficient man, college educated hard working and beginning a new family in his newly bought home. Loves to hunt and fish and is a danged good woodsman. Especially loves bowhunting, killed three deer last year with his bow. He is well rounded and well liked and highly regarded in his profession. His mother and I are very proud of our kids (we have a daughter also), both are super young adults. And it wasn't Scouting that made them that way.
This will hit them where it hurts. The Mormon Church is the biggest organization involved in scouting. I just read an article that says they're looking in to pulling out and starting their own similar organization. That will cost them tens of thousands of leaders, kids, and and a huge chunk of their support.
This will hit them where it hurts. The Mormon Church is the biggest organization involved in scouting. I just read an article that says they're looking in to pulling out and starting their own similar organization. That will cost them tens of thousands of leaders, kids, and and a huge chunk of their support.

Sounds like there's at least one group of Christians with a set of balls.

Travis
The BSA's savings on sleeping bag purchases will be substantial.
Originally Posted by wageslave
The BSA's savings on sleeping bag purchases will be substantial.

Laughin'...

Sick fugk.

Clark
The dry cleaning bill, OTOH, will be substantial.
When I was a kid the old joke was 'When does a Cub Scout become a Boy Scout? When he eats his first Brownie'

That just sounds better than 'When does a Cub Scout become a Boy Scout? When he chugs his first cock'
The Mormon Church is the biggest organization involved in scouting. I just read an article that says they're looking in to pulling out and starting their own similar organization. That will cost them tens of thousands of leaders, kids, and and a huge chunk of their support.

My suspicion is that the separation is already locked and loaded, and the alternate organization is already planned. It's not like we haven't had time to get ready.

Almost half of all Scouts (Cub, Boy, etc.) are registered in LDS sponsored troops.
Leviticus 20:13
Originally Posted by Reloder28
Leviticus 20:13

A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an Abomination (Lev 11:10 & 11:11), it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this?
Only if the shellfish doesn't come.
Otherwise it's a toss-up.

or off.
Originally Posted by deflave

Sounds like there's at least one group of Christians with a set of balls.

Travis

Hence the advent of "magic underwear".
Originally Posted by atvalaska
What about the scout oath ?....morally straight ?????

Easy. They will redefine what is moral, in typical liberal fashion. Probably say that "tolerance" is morally superior and that is the standard for Scouts to follow.

Paul
Originally Posted by rem141r
pretty simple really.

don't ask, don't tell.
keep sexual activity and orientation out of ANY scouting agenda. this includes hetero sex.
focus on outdoor skills, leadership, etc as always.

this will satisfy the queers on the coasts.

yep, eagle scout and now do volunteer work with local troop.

This is more of pushing an agenda within the BSA and changing it.
Originally Posted by rost495

No big issue or deal.

My son wasn't in the Scouts. I don't think he suffered too terribly. He didn't have much time for it between football and baseball at school and hunting and fishing with his dad and grandpa. He is a self sufficient man, college educated hard working and beginning a new family in his newly bought home. Loves to hunt and fish and is a danged good woodsman. Especially loves bowhunting, killed three deer last year with his bow. He is well rounded and well liked and highly regarded in his profession. His mother and I are very proud of our kids (we have a daughter also), both are super young adults. And it wasn't Scouting that made them that way.

your son had good parents imo

I saw the BSA help a lot of young men ot who came from some pretty fugged up backgrounds. Saw the same in the military especially those who came from backgrounds lacking support guidance and structure.
I saw the BSA help a lot of young men ot who came from some pretty fugged up backgrounds. Saw the same in the military especially those who came from backgrounds lacking support guidance and structure.

Both my parents had to work, they did take us camping but time and money were always limiting factors.

I myself had some awesome times in the Boy Scouts, including one long miserable April night in New York where I about froze to death on account of believing the hype about "Space Blankets" grin

I never got above First Class with a few merit badges towards "Life", but I was a pretty good Patrol Leader if'n I do say so myself. "Hawk Patrol", we decorated banner with the outstretched wings and tail of a blue jay (nobody said anything about things like that back then). Our patrol even won "best campsite" at that same big jamboree I nearly croaked at. Not figuring we had any chance we didn't really try, and really couldn't tell the judge when he came what sort of knots we had used to put stuff up, only that it worked. I hope that reflector oven we won is still out there somewhere grin

The sad part is the decline of scouting is a symptom of a greater malaise. If the Mormons are way over-represented today in scouting it is because more of the rest of America once had Mormon-like family values.

Allowing openly homosexual scouts and scout masters in't gonna change that, the people who agree with that sort of thing weren't much into scouting anyway, although a malicious few will now join to advance their agenda and/or out of pure spite.

What the BSA HAS done is alienate the very people they needed to keep scouting alive and relevant.

Birdwatcher

local commie TV station ran a very disgusting segment tonight on rainbow Boy Scouts. They interviewed several obviously gay men, gushing about how wonderful this is.
Not a single opposing viewpoint was given. They showed one clip of young boys surrounded by rainbow American flags, and rainbow Scout flags. I almost lost my dinner.
BW did the older guys take you snipe hunting? laugh

Sam,
There hasn't been a word about it on the local channels here yet. I would be sick too,
BW did the older guys take you snipe hunting?

LOL.... oh yeah.
BW did the older guys take you snipe hunting? laugh

Like I was gonna fall for that one. Even back then I could've done the Bird Watching merit badge while standing on my head.

I do recall something about a left-handed smoke-shifter tho.....
Originally Posted by deflave
Sounds like the church of LDS is pushing back and reconsidering their association with the organization.

Looking forward to all the threads praising their opposition...

Travis

I'm proud of the Mormans.

How's that?
Boy Scouts was for townfolk when I was growing up. Us country kids spent a lot more time outdoors than the scouts.

Now that I think about it there were only a few of 'em and we made fun of 'em in school.

Hell, they might have been the first queer scouts for all I know.
I pulled my son out of scouts 3 years ago. The local leader told me it was all about the money. That was all I needed to hear.
I didn't like doing it as our local BSA is ran by some great guys.
I wasn't a scout, my kids aren't scouts. We go out and camp fish and hunt and I teach them things that were taught to me by my uncle and things I have learned on my own. I go camping with friends and still learn tricks info about plants and such that I pass along. Bushcraft is a popular passtime for many people in the south. Its about learning lost knowledge and skills that have been forgoten NOT being mr survival man.

It sux for some kids who doesn't have a father figure the scouts were a way to get those kids outside but it is what it is. F a g s/liberal screw up everything.
Reckon if all the "morally straight" dads would volunteer their time to serve as scoutmasters and other leaders, there would be any room for gay leaders in the troop?
if only it were that simple. Look for a quota imposed, if there are not enough volunteer homos getting the job.
Yes, it will probably come to that. It's a tough decision - my son gets his second class badge in 2 weeks and is almost at first class. My other son is a Webelo 2 and crosses over next spring.
Kimber7man...I truly hope that your sons are able to stomach it a bit longer, and push through to Eagle.

Even today, there isn't much in my life that I am more proud of than my Eagle Scout badge.

I lost the certificate somewhere in a couple of moves. It was signed by GW...now I just wait until we get a real president in the WH, because I have no desire to have ANYTHING with the current POTUS' signature on it.

Maybe if I send a request specifically for GW? haha!
When I was a kid the old joke was 'When does a Cub Scout become a Boy Scout? When he eats his first Brownie browneye

Nah it still works, just change the spelling a bit.

On the plus side, maybe Sherp will apply for a position and have less time to troll around here.
I'll have to ask my brother-in-law (Mormon, involved in scouts) if he's heard about the Mo's pulling out.
https://screen.yahoo.com/canteen-boy-scoutmaster-000000635.html

At its inception, scouting was to compensate for the urbanization of America as it was moving away from an agrarian society due to the industrialization of the country. The family that farmed together had strong values and that was lacking as families moved to the cities for the opportunities offered there.

The scouting program was started in 1910 to address this change in how boys were still full of energy but without the influence of the family unit that was prevalent as a rural community. Scouting helped put focus into boys lives and keep them out of trouble.

100 years later it has morphed into political correctness and forcing a decaying societie's values on an organization that has passed its prime and lost its focus.

Now we are left with a disgusting group of people that can't see the problems that are being forced on America. There will be a backlash, I hope it is big enough to turn the tide and move back the other way.

My boys were not scouts. Not because scouting didn't have good goals and values, but it is my duty to spend that time with my sons and teach them the things my father taught me...
When my boys were in scouts (both made Eagle) we had a very atypical troop. Small town with a troop chartered in the 30's. We had a lot of father involvement. Very solid troop.

We had several good size ranches to camp on and every other year we did our own summer camp on a large ranch in west Texas.

We also had an annual trap/skeet shoot as well as an annual sight in your deer rifle shoot with a cookout afterwards. My boys left home and things have changed around the place that prevented me from volunteering anymore. Aside from the fact that our scoutmaster succumbed to cancer at 52!

Edit! I just remembered when Levi Strauss company recognized homos and quite donating cash to BSA the old scoutmaster took an old Pair of jeans and cut a hole In the seat. And with a fitting letter set it all to corporate HQ! LOL
this is the disgusting, one sided video I mentioned
http://www.wcjb.com/local-news/2015/07/boy-scouts-america-ends-ban-gay-scout-leaders
Originally Posted by huntinaz
I'll have to ask my brother-in-law (Mormon, involved in scouts) if he's heard about the Mo's pulling out.

http://www.mormonnewsroom.org/artic...id=HP_MO_7-27-2015_dPAD_fMNWS_xLIDyL2-1_
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
local commie TV station ran a very disgusting segment tonight on rainbow Boy Scouts. They interviewed several obviously gay men, gushing about how wonderful this is.
Not a single opposing viewpoint was given. They showed one clip of young boys surrounded by rainbow American flags, and rainbow Scout flags. I almost lost my dinner.

Rainbow scout flags?
As I've predicted before...

"Just because I'm a pedophile, why can't I lead a group of Girl Scouts?"

“Having any ban that excludes people from the organization not only affects the organization by not having that diversity, but is also a detriment from those individuals who might be able to benefit from it," says Justin Bickford, from the Scouts for Equality.

There you go. Banning pedophiles, psychopaths, sheep [bleep] etc affects the diversity.

[bleep] diversity.

It is about money. When values and traditions are sacrificed by an organization you can trace it to money - the fear that they will lose it...

"Unless we place our religion and our treasure in the same thing, religion will always be sacrificed."
-Epictetus
BSA is very smart here. They have thrown the Churches that sponsor troops under the law suit bus.

By saying that Churches can still choose their own leaders, they hope to keep them, while stopping any law suits against the BSA and letting the religious organizations face the law suits that have already been promised by various pro-gay groups.

Not smart, spineless.
Not smart, spineless.
This! I hope all the churches bail on them.
© 24hourcampfire