Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Reloder28
Leviticus 20:13

A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an Abomination (Lev 11:10 & 11:11), it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this?

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Only if the shellfish doesn't come.
Otherwise it's a toss-up.

or off.

Have Dog

Will Travel

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
This will hit them where it hurts. The Mormon Church is the biggest organization involved in scouting. I just read an article that says they're looking in to pulling out and starting their own similar organization. That will cost them tens of thousands of leaders, kids, and and a huge chunk of their support.

Sounds like there's at least one group of Christians with a set of balls.

Travis

Hence the advent of "magic underwear".

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by atvalaska
What about the scout oath ?....morally straight ?????

Easy. They will redefine what is moral, in typical liberal fashion. Probably say that "tolerance" is morally superior and that is the standard for Scouts to follow.

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by rem141r
pretty simple really.

don't ask, don't tell.
keep sexual activity and orientation out of ANY scouting agenda. this includes hetero sex.
focus on outdoor skills, leadership, etc as always.

this will satisfy the queers on the coasts.

yep, eagle scout and now do volunteer work with local troop.

This is more of pushing an agenda within the BSA and changing it.

IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by MOGC
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Originally Posted by MOGC
The news said this was an effort to increase enrollment into the scouts from young people. Really? If I had a kid in the Scouts right now I'd yank them out immediately and fire off a letter to Scout HQ explaining exactly what I thought of their new policy.

A totally meaningless gesture on your part. To do so would only have a negative impact on your son.

Scouting's policy is for adults to interact with scouts in pairs, for the protection of both the scout and the adult leader.

My Church cut ties with a BSA Troop that they had sponsored for years because of the homosexual Scout decision. The point being that decisions made at the National Level are likely to have a negative trickle-down impact at the Troop Level.

Not really, many a boy has done just fine never being in scouts.

I was in for a few years, learned how to build a useless derby car and got out, still did just fine...

Its up to parents to see that the kids do well.

If scouts are coming full of things you don't want them to experience, get em out and go do something else.

No big issue or deal.

My son wasn't in the Scouts. I don't think he suffered too terribly. He didn't have much time for it between football and baseball at school and hunting and fishing with his dad and grandpa. He is a self sufficient man, college educated hard working and beginning a new family in his newly bought home. Loves to hunt and fish and is a danged good woodsman. Especially loves bowhunting, killed three deer last year with his bow. He is well rounded and well liked and highly regarded in his profession. His mother and I are very proud of our kids (we have a daughter also), both are super young adults. And it wasn't Scouting that made them that way.

your son had good parents imo

I saw the BSA help a lot of young men ot who came from some pretty fugged up backgrounds. Saw the same in the military especially those who came from backgrounds lacking support guidance and structure.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I saw the BSA help a lot of young men ot who came from some pretty fugged up backgrounds. Saw the same in the military especially those who came from backgrounds lacking support guidance and structure.

Both my parents had to work, they did take us camping but time and money were always limiting factors.

I myself had some awesome times in the Boy Scouts, including one long miserable April night in New York where I about froze to death on account of believing the hype about "Space Blankets" grin

I never got above First Class with a few merit badges towards "Life", but I was a pretty good Patrol Leader if'n I do say so myself. "Hawk Patrol", we decorated banner with the outstretched wings and tail of a blue jay (nobody said anything about things like that back then). Our patrol even won "best campsite" at that same big jamboree I nearly croaked at. Not figuring we had any chance we didn't really try, and really couldn't tell the judge when he came what sort of knots we had used to put stuff up, only that it worked. I hope that reflector oven we won is still out there somewhere grin

The sad part is the decline of scouting is a symptom of a greater malaise. If the Mormons are way over-represented today in scouting it is because more of the rest of America once had Mormon-like family values.

Allowing openly homosexual scouts and scout masters in't gonna change that, the people who agree with that sort of thing weren't much into scouting anyway, although a malicious few will now join to advance their agenda and/or out of pure spite.

What the BSA HAS done is alienate the very people they needed to keep scouting alive and relevant.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
local commie TV station ran a very disgusting segment tonight on rainbow Boy Scouts. They interviewed several obviously gay men, gushing about how wonderful this is.
Not a single opposing viewpoint was given. They showed one clip of young boys surrounded by rainbow American flags, and rainbow Scout flags. I almost lost my dinner.

Sam......

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
BW did the older guys take you snipe hunting? laugh

Sam,
There hasn't been a word about it on the local channels here yet. I would be sick too,

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
BW did the older guys take you snipe hunting?

LOL.... oh yeah.

Be not weary in well doing.
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
BW did the older guys take you snipe hunting? laugh

Like I was gonna fall for that one. Even back then I could've done the Bird Watching merit badge while standing on my head.

I do recall something about a left-handed smoke-shifter tho.....

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
Sounds like the church of LDS is pushing back and reconsidering their association with the organization.

Looking forward to all the threads praising their opposition...

Travis

I'm proud of the Mormans.

How's that?

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Boy Scouts was for townfolk when I was growing up. Us country kids spent a lot more time outdoors than the scouts.

Now that I think about it there were only a few of 'em and we made fun of 'em in school.

Hell, they might have been the first queer scouts for all I know.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I pulled my son out of scouts 3 years ago. The local leader told me it was all about the money. That was all I needed to hear.
I didn't like doing it as our local BSA is ran by some great guys.

I don't eat anything that didn't have a mother.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I wasn't a scout, my kids aren't scouts. We go out and camp fish and hunt and I teach them things that were taught to me by my uncle and things I have learned on my own. I go camping with friends and still learn tricks info about plants and such that I pass along. Bushcraft is a popular passtime for many people in the south. Its about learning lost knowledge and skills that have been forgoten NOT being mr survival man.

It sux for some kids who doesn't have a father figure the scouts were a way to get those kids outside but it is what it is. F a g s/liberal screw up everything.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Reckon if all the "morally straight" dads would volunteer their time to serve as scoutmasters and other leaders, there would be any room for gay leaders in the troop?

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
if only it were that simple. Look for a quota imposed, if there are not enough volunteer homos getting the job.

Sam......

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yes, it will probably come to that. It's a tough decision - my son gets his second class badge in 2 weeks and is almost at first class. My other son is a Webelo 2 and crosses over next spring.

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Kimber7man...I truly hope that your sons are able to stomach it a bit longer, and push through to Eagle.

Even today, there isn't much in my life that I am more proud of than my Eagle Scout badge.

I lost the certificate somewhere in a couple of moves. It was signed by GW...now I just wait until we get a real president in the WH, because I have no desire to have ANYTHING with the current POTUS' signature on it.

Maybe if I send a request specifically for GW? haha!

I'd rather have a bad day hunting than a good day working!
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Steelhead
When I was a kid the old joke was 'When does a Cub Scout become a Boy Scout? When he eats his first Brownie browneye

Nah it still works, just change the spelling a bit.

On the plus side, maybe Sherp will apply for a position and have less time to troll around here.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

229 members (204guy, 1lessdog, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 280Ackleyrized, 117LBS, 33 invisible), 2,393 guests, and 1,049 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,446
Posts18,528,776
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.