Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Yep, under the leadership of former SecDef Robert Gates, the Scouts are going to allow homo leaders. Snuggle time for the boys, with rainbow daddies. Some disgusting chit, but then the Scouts have been under attack for years. The GSA went lesbian long ago.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/07/26/boy-scouts-gay-leaders/30711945/

Sam......

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
That will finish it off. Political correctness is a cancer.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The news said this was an effort to increase enrollment into the scouts from young people. Really? If I had a kid in the Scouts right now I'd yank them out immediately and fire off a letter to Scout HQ explaining exactly what I thought of their new policy.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MOGC
The news said this was an effort to increase enrollment into the scouts from young people. Really? If I had a kid in the Scouts right now I'd yank them out immediately and fire off a letter to Scout HQ explaining exactly what I thought of their new policy.

A totally meaningless gesture on your part. To do so would only have a negative impact on your son.

Scouting's policy is for adults to interact with scouts in pairs, for the protection of both the scout and the adult leader.

My Church cut ties with a BSA Troop that they had sponsored for years because of the homosexual Scout decision. The point being that decisions made at the National Level are likely to have a negative trickle-down impact at the Troop Level.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
new tents are optional for the shemale leaders

Attached Images
image.jpg (57.22 KB, 231 downloads)
Last edited by 66niteowl; 07/26/15.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Lord Baden Powell is rolling in his grave crazy

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by MOGC

I wouldn't blame you one bit. There are still plenty of us that don't believe homosexuality is normal.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
As a Scout for my entire life, and an Eagle Scout, I am saddened by this ruling.

I believed, deep down, that it was only a matter of time though; especially with all the BS surrounding the .gov getting involved with the bakers who didn't want to bake a fairy cake.

I am still, very much unhappy with this ruling.

Not because I think that allowing gay leaders is going to lead to more pedophiles getting in; if there's a pedophile in the ranks, generally speaking...they're quiet about their social life, and no one knows they're on that team...

Gay men are not attracted to every man they see; just ask straight women. I'm sure that I could probably find 1 or 2 women alive who don't think I'm attractive, and don't want to have sex with me.

No, I am frustrated because the Scout oath states that "I will keep myself morally straight". I do not believe that the LGBT community is "morally straight". That is up to each person to determine what that means to them.

I also am tired of PRIVATE organizations cowing down to the liberals, just because they get some pressure. I should be able to say who is permitted in my business/organization/etc without the Grubment stepping in. Unfortunately, that is not the case.

I was more than proud of the BSA in June 2000, when the Supreme Court ruled that they were WITHIN their rights to limit membership.

I'd rather have a bad day hunting than a good day working!
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
were the Scouts not dependent on public space, or church space, for their meetings, they would have been able to go on without this 'arrangement'.
Sad though, that it's the Christian Church that seems to be the biggest cheer leader for homos. Hard to get your mind around a Church shutting out Scouts for wanting to keep the kids 'morally straight'.

Sam......

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
An earlier article said that local BS groups can still keep their prohibitions. This just gives them the option.
This is just the start of our countries downfall. You ain't seen nothing yet.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B3

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
An earlier article said that local BS groups can still keep their prohibitions. This just gives them the option.

Worse move ever.

With the corporate policy leaving to individual groups to make the choice, you can count on internal dissension, focused ridicule and scrutiny, separation, and all sorts of politics.

Que the Presbyterian Church.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Our troop voted to not allow Gay leaders.Yet the future of scouting in America rests with the BSA to recruit from the
hispanic population in the cities. The cub scout recruiting and retention numbers are down and the future of scouting rests with being able to recruit Hispanic family's.

Doc

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RWE
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

Worse move ever.

With the corporate policy leaving to individual groups to make the choice, you can count on internal dissension, focused ridicule and scrutiny, separation, and all sorts of politics.

Que the Presbyterian Church.

Not only internal dissension, but what it does is leave their fannies hanging out in the breeze. Does anyone think that BSA HQ is going to come rushing to the defense of a troop that says no to perverts?

Islam is a terrorist organization.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by doctor_Encore
Our troop voted to not allow Gay leaders.Yet the future of scouting in America rests with the BSA to recruit from the
hispanic population in the cities. The cub scout recruiting and retention numbers are down and the future of scouting rests with being able to recruit Hispanic family's.

Doc

Great to hear!!

I'd rather have a bad day hunting than a good day working!
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Nothing to see here; move on...

The scouts are doomed!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
As I understand it, the decision is still up to individual troops and the churches that sponsor them?

Seems like a political/PR move with little real effect except in maybe some larger cities with a large homo contingency/movement.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Also, as a father of a young one, I have looked into some "Traditional Scouting" groups like the Baden Powell Society. I found they absolutely allow homo scout leaders.

The BSA was on the outside in this and maybe stood to lose ground to these other organizations.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Also, as a father of a young one, I have looked into some "Traditional Scouting" groups like the Baden Powell Society. I found they absolutely allow homo scout leaders.

The BSA was on the outside in this and maybe stood to lose ground to these other organizations.

There were, as of last month, six young men in the Boy Scouts on my road. As of the end of this month, only the young man completing his Eagle Scout project will still be a Scout; the rest have left with their parents over this decision.

I can't imagine that such an incident is isolated, and if happening across the country will determine the fate of Scouting.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That is a shame, but completely understandable. You are after all operating under their banner, regardless of the makeup of your own troop.

I could not fathom sending my boy off with a homo leader. It simply would not happen.

Hopefully one of the other scouting groups grows with more folks looking for organizations with values inline with their own.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Someone will start a new boys club.....Straight scouts of America or maybe the NO Homo club of America.

“When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

193 members (280shooter, 222Sako, 325wsm1, 10gaugemag, 2500HD, 18 invisible), 1,668 guests, and 1,032 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,120
Posts18,483,620
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.