Home
At least he will be charged with Murder.

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/2...UAr42oN/story.html?p1=feature_stack_3_hp
Good shoot.

When an officer falls down, that officer and every officer in the vicinity is cleared to open fire on any civilians in the area since the officer on the ground is at a disadvantage as was demonstrated during the righteous Diallo shooting several years back. Yeah, I know the officer claimed he was dragged, but now that he has the hindsight of reviewing the video he should be able to adjust his story to fit the film footage since video is intended to assist officers, not to be used against them as Jeff Roorda succinctly pointed out.

Look for the prosecutor to really softball this until the officer is exonerated. Today's rhetoric was just a necessary evil to distract the community.
Bad things happen when you disobey basic rules of law -- such a fleeing from a cop who lawfully pulled you over, and asked lawful questions about your license to drive.

BMT
Originally Posted by BMT
Bad things happen when you disobey basic rules of law -- such a fleeing from a cop who lawfully pulled you over, and asked lawful questions about your license to drive.

BMT

Funny how that works, ain't it.
Looked justified to me.
Pretty sure police can shoot even when someone does obey their commands.

was that Huggy Bear???
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Looked justified to me.

They all do to me also.

What's up with the navy jack?
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by BMT

BMT

Looked justified to me.

Originally Posted by rem141r
was that Huggy Bear???

It is pathetic that we nowadays have so many LE and their groupies willing to give up another human life so cheaply without so much as a lifted eyebrow.
The P A and Police Chief didn't mince words in the Press Conference. They called it murder, plain and simple.

And they claimed the cop tried to alter the evidence.

The car rolling was because the driver was killed with his foot on the brake from what I understand.

FWIW... he is a Campus Cop. not City Cop.
"It is pathetic that we nowadays have so many LE and their groupies willing to give up another human life so cheaply without so much as a lifted eyebrow."

Now that the penalties for wrongfully shooting black folks have become so severe, the cops will be reduced to shooting white folks.

Once that happens, a lot of the groupies will desert them.

Not here on the 'fire, of course, but in the real world.
Originally Posted by pal
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by BMT

BMT

Looked justified to me.

Originally Posted by rem141r
was that Huggy Bear???

It is pathetic that we nowadays have so many LE and their groupies willing to give up another human life so cheaply without so much as a lifted eyebrow.

Lots of folks getting shot gave up on their life a LONG time ago. If they don't give a shiet, I don't give a sheit.

What would you like me to do, cry on the Kimmel show and send $10 to UNICEF?

I've got $100 says I wouldn't have been shot, because I wouldn't have shown my ass nor thought about driving away. I know, it's my white privilege. I'll send another $10 to UNICEF.
Besides, he's been arrested, let the courts handle it. I gave up worrying about one stupid SOB when the liberals decided to kill a couple hundred thousand babies a year.

"about driving away."

Except that, that's not what happened according to the investigators.

Or perhaps his foot slipped off the brake? Smart folks put their car in park and turn it off when pulled over.

Hey, I'm on your side. I wish everyone, everywhere in the US of A that wears a uniform would walk off the job tomorrow, military included. Things will be so much better.
Originally Posted by curdog4570
"about driving away."

Hating the cops because they are all incompetent assh*les is a self fulfilling prophecy. I can not wait for the day that the care of fools is entrusted to those more worthy.
Originally Posted by ltppowell
"about driving away."

Hating the cops because they are all incompetent assh*les is a self fulfilling prophecy. I can not wait for the day that the care of fools is entrusted to those more worthy.

Yep, just because the officer's story has to change to match the video from a given incident does not mean he wasn't in the right.

Don't worry, the murder charge will likely pan out something like this one:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...rial-0421-met-20150420-story.html#page=1

There is no way a prosecutor will go after one of his own.
Quit following me pervert.
The P A and Police Chief didn't mince words in the Press Conference. They called it murder, plain and simple.

The car rolling was because the driver was killed with his foot on the brake from what I understand.

Just rhetoric to try to keep a riot from happening.

Why wouldn't the officer be allowed to alter evidence? Seems like just another privilege they have and no different than police having the discretion to not collect evidence.

BULLSCHITT.

I've never denied disliking bureaucrats AS A CLASS OF PEOPLE. I have many friends in L.E. and I've posted that many times.I've said time and again that I don't understand the bureaucratic mentality, and when the bureaucrat has a gun and a badge of authority, I'm especially mistrustful.

In this case, when the cops in charge of the investigation say flat out that he murdered the guy, you want to turn the discussion to ME, and away from the event.

The cop at the Press Conference rightly pointed out that in every line of work there will be found some who should not be there and that L.E. is no different.

But this aura of persecution so prevalent among cops on this forum would be funny if not for the consequences.
BULLSCHITT.

I've never denied disliking bureaucrats AS A CLASS OF PEOPLE. I have many friends in L.E. and I've posted that many times.I've said time and again that I don't understand the bureaucratic mentality, and when the bureaucrat has a gun and a badge of authority, I'm especially mistrustful.

In this case, when the cops in charge of the investigation say flat out that he murdered the guy, you want to turn the discussion to ME, and away from the event.

The cop at the Press Conference rightly pointed out that in every line of work there will be found some who should not be there and that L.E. is no different.

But this aura of persecution so prevalent among cops on this forum would be funny if not for the consequences.

I've got several friends that are stupid, so we're even.
BULLSCHITT.

I still can't believe you've been divorced 5 times.
BULLSCHITT.

Hear people say this all the time. You may be a "friend" to some people in LE, but they can only be friends to each other. They will do anything to you or other civilians they are ordered to do so as to keep their authority and that is the way it should be.
Originally Posted by ltppowell
BULLSCHITT.

I've got several friends that are stupid, so we're even.

No, we are not even. Because I'll take your word that your friends are stupid rather than defend them or argue with you about them.

[besides..... I've met a few of your friends grin ]
"I still can't believe you've been divorced 5 times."

But they all still love me.
Originally Posted by sherp
Good shoot.

When an officer falls down, that officer and every officer in the vicinity is cleared to open fire on any civilians in the area since the officer on the ground is at a disadvantage as was demonstrated during the righteous Diallo shooting several years back. Yeah, I know the officer claimed he was dragged, but now that he has the hindsight of reviewing the video he should be able to adjust his story to fit the film footage since video is intended to assist officers, not to be used against them as Jeff Roorda succinctly pointed out.

Look for the prosecutor to really softball this until the officer is exonerated. Today's rhetoric was just a necessary evil to distract the community.

Look at you frothing at the mouth, you can't believe you finally caught a good one.

from what I understand.

From what you understand?

I watched that and I couldn't tell if the guy was trying to run or not..now even if he was going to run the officer should not have shot him, but from that clip I can't tell anything, how can you? I think you see what you want to see.
They say the cop lost his temper, well I couldn't see anything that indicated a loss of temper. Poor judgement? Absolutely.

If the DA and Chief say the officer should be charged then that's good enough for me, but I'm still not above believing it might be the right call, or it might be the political call, but unlike you I'm waiting to hear what comes out during the trial, where as you, as usual, can't contain your excitement.

Kudos! Best line of the night so far!
Originally Posted by Barkoff
Good shoot.

Look at you frothing at the mouth, you can't believe you finally caught a good one.

Not frothing at the mouth and what in the world are you referring to when you say "caught a good one"?
"From what you understand?"

Yes..... from what was SAID at the Press Conference...... not from looking at the video.

The Chief said, in answer to a question, that the cop removed his body camera from his shirt. I don't get the significance of that unless it's what they mean by saying he altered evidence.

One bit of speculation I'll allow myself is that the swift conclusion reached in this case was because the second officer made no attempt to cover for the guy. What he saw didn't match the story he was hearing.

If so......... good for him.
Good shoot.

Not frothing at the mouth and what in the world are you referring to when you say "caught a good one"?

He is referring to that you caught a big load of yom in the mouth.

I watched that and I couldn't tell if the guy was trying to run or not..now even if he was going to run the officer should not have shot him, but from that clip I can't tell anything, how can you? I think you see what you want to see.
They say the cop lost his temper, well I couldn't see anything that indicated a loss of temper. Poor judgement? Absolutely.

If the DA and Chief say the officer should be charged then that's good enough for me, but I'm still not above believing it might be the right call, or it might be the political call, but unlike you I'm waiting to hear what comes out during the trial, where as you, as usual, can't contain your excitement.

WTF is wrong with you? The officer wanted to shoot, that makes it a good shoot. The prosecutor has charged him with something that doesn't even relate to what happened so this should get tossed quickly...they just need to wait for some bad weather this winter to break the news so they don't have so many protestors. After that, the officer should be pretty well off from receiving donations from folks like you and me so he will have the option of getting on with another department or just living it up the rest of his days.
that the cop removed his body camera from his shirt

What? Did you see that? I'll bet you a 12-pack when he tried to get that guy out and they struggled, the camera was torn off. That cop wasn't even pissed, but in a mere two seconds he just decided to take off his bodycam and shoot the guy in the head? Is that what you really believe?

I'm willing to bet the guy tried to drive away, the cop showed bad judgement and felt he was justified in shooting this guy, but he might as well yelled out neeger, and shot him in the head, because that's what some want to believe.
Originally Posted by Hammer2506

Nope, not a Log Cabin Republican. No issues with you being a homosexual since you vote GOP, but you need to hit on some of the other guys here who have indicated their desire for man on man sex.

WTF is wrong with you? The officer wanted to shoot, that makes it a good shoot. The prosecutor has charged him with something that doesn't even relate to what happened so this should get tossed quickly...they just need to wait for some bad weather this winter to break the news so they don't have so many protestors. After that, the officer should be pretty well off from receiving donations from folks like you and me so he will have the option of getting on with another department or just living it up the rest of his days.

WTF is wrong with me? Withholding judgement until we hear what comes out at trial is an extreme concept in your convoluted world?

WTF is wrong with me? Withholding judgement until we hear what comes out at trial is an extreme concept in your convoluted world?

DFTFT
that the cop removed his body camera from his shirt

What? Did you see that? I'll bet you a 12-pack when he tried to get that guy out and they struggled, the camera was torn off. That cop wasn't even pissed, but in a mere two seconds he just decided to take off his bodycam and shoot the guy in the head? Is that what you really believe?

I'm willing to bet the guy tried to drive away, the cop showed bad judgement and felt he was justified in shooting this guy, but he might as well yelled out neeger, and shot him in the head, because that's what some want to believe.

goddlemitey Barkoff. calm down and read before you start typing.

I made it plain that it was the Police Chief who said that.

Take it up with him.

Or just go to hell.

Your choice.
I'll bet you a 12-pack when he tried to get that guy out and they struggled, the camera was torn off.

I'm willing to bet the guy tried to drive away,...

Good thing you're withholding judgement until you hear what comes out at the trial.

Why are you wanting judgment passed against any officer? Police damn sure don't support that so you don't support them. I think this will get tossed before it really gets started.

Why are you wanting judgment passed against any officer? Police damn sure don't support that so you don't support them.

Re-read what you wrote, then re-write it so it makes sense.
The cop says "take your seat belt off." Instead the guy turns the ignition. Before the car moves the hand with the gun comes and shoots him in the head. As the car rolls off the cop pulls off the camera and goes to the ground. The dude was already shot in the head before the car started to move.
How can so many be absolutely sure of what happened, and at the same time have such different answers?
Makes me feel stupid that I'm the only one that doesn't know.
Originally Posted by readonly
The cop says "take your seat belt off." Instead the guy turns the ignition. Before the car moves the hand with the gun comes and shoots him in the head. As the car rolls off the cop pulls off the camera and goes to the ground. The dude was already shot in the head before the car started to move.

I have watched it ten times, clicking the mouse as fast as I can to freeze as much as I could, I cannot see where it appears he took his camera off, in fact as he runs down the street it appears to be on facing the right direction.
Maybe he didn't pull it off, maybe it just does a loop d'loop on it's own. The point is, he shot the guy in the head before the car moved.

Why are you wanting judgment passed against any officer? Police damn sure don't support that so you don't support them.

Re-read what you wrote, then re-write it so it makes sense.

It makes perfect sense unless you hate cops. So long as an officer has only done something to a civilian, no officer wants to see them sitting in a courtroom as a defendant and they certainly do not want civilian jurors to have any chance to pass judgement on their actions unless the judge and prosecutor have a firm handle on them.
Originally Posted by antlers
I'll bet you a 12-pack when he tried to get that guy out and they struggled, the camera was torn off.

I'm willing to bet the guy tried to drive away,...

Good thing you're withholding judgement until you hear what comes out at the trial.

He is just playing devils advocate with me because I am more open in my support for police activities than many here are and that causes some embarrassment for him.
Maybe he didn't pull it off, maybe it just does a loop d'loop on it's own. The point is, he shot the guy in the head before the car moved.

You are agreeing with the cops investigating the shooting.

So.... agreeing with cops SHOULD put you in good standing with the forum cops and their groupies. Right?

But that's not how it works here.

You must agree with the cops on the forum or you are a "cop basher".

Even when you're agreeing....... you're wrong.

Confusing, ain't it?

You are agreeing with the cops investigating the shooting.

So.... agreeing with cops SHOULD put you in good standing with the forum cops and their groupies. Right?

But that's not how it works here.

You must agree with the cops on the forum or you are a "cop basher".

Even when you're agreeing....... you're wrong.

Confusing, ain't it?

Cops shouldn't have to be investigating other cops and were it not for video none of this would be necessary.

He will still never see the inside of a jail cell unless he decides to go in to corrections and feels the need to work over an inmate that has been incarcerated for violating a firearms law.
[Linked Image]

Five separate divorces?

Oh, here I was thinking you used to be a Fundamentalist Mormon....
Originally Posted by Hammer2506

Nope, not a Log Cabin Republican. No issues with you being a homosexual since you vote GOP, but you need to hit on some of the other guys here who have indicated their desire for man on man sex.
LOL.
Listening to Kelly tonight I'm wondering why there is no dash-cam video? He most likely parked behind the victims car. Kelly mentioned there were two other officers who said they witnessed office one being dragged, well, then where are their body cams?
Anybody that has watched more than one episode of CSI should be forbidden from every participating in the criminal justice system. Most of that stuff ain't real and that which is...don't work.
© 24hourcampfire