Home
Posted By: ltppowell C'mon Don... - 08/25/15
You're gonna have to be bigger than this if you wanna stay in the race.

___

Donald Trump is back to bashing Megyn Kelly
Published: Aug 25, 2015 8:59 a.m. ET

Donald Trump relaunched his bitter war of words with Fox News FOX, +0.89% anchor Megyn Kelly Monday night, blasting her return to the air after an unexpected hiatus.

“I liked The Kelly File much better without @megynkelly,” Trump tweeted. “Perhaps she could take another eleven day unscheduled vacation!”

The Republican candidate’s critique of Kelly was the latest in a revenge campaign since the two clashed over the GOP presidential debate on Aug. 6.

He tuned in Monday night to attack her return to the anchor desk.

“@megynkelly must have had a terrible vacation, she is really off her game,” Trump lamented. “Was afraid to confront Dr. Cornel West. No clue on immigration!”

Trump supporters also chimed in with an online onslaught against Kelly. The Donald retweeted one hater who said, “The bimbo back in town.”

Kelly has insisted she would not back down on The Donald.

“I certainly will not apologize for doing good journalism,” Kelly said days after the debate. “So I’ll continue doing my job without fear or favor.”
Posted By: MIKEWERNER Re: C'mon Don... - 08/25/15
“@megynkelly must have had a terrible vacation, she is really off her game,” Trump lamented. “Was afraid to confront Dr. Cornel West. No clue on immigration!”

Trump was right.....she was pathetic.
Posted By: KFWA Re: C'mon Don... - 08/25/15
yea, he won - not sure why he felt the need to take another shot.

Posted By: MontanaMan Re: C'mon Don... - 08/25/15
Originally Posted by ltppowell

“I certainly will not apologize for doing good journalism,” Kelly said

She wouldn't know what "good journalism" was if it hit her in the face.

She has no genuine journalistic or political analyst background or talent.

She's simply strident, shrill & in the face of everyone on most every subject & that simply smacks of sensationalism & badgering, nothing more, nothing less.

FOX would be better of w/o her.

MM
Posted By: bruinruin Re: C'mon Don... - 08/25/15
I certainly will not apologize for doing good journalism,” Kelly said days after the debate. “So I’ll continue doing my job without fear or favor.”

She and most others like her wouldn't know what good journalism is. She thinks attacking and putting someone on the spot is journalism. She has journalism confused with sensationalism.
Posted By: bruinruin Re: C'mon Don... - 08/25/15
Originally Posted by MontanaMan

“I certainly will not apologize for doing good journalism,” Kelly said

She wouldn't know what "good journalism" was if it hit her in the face.

She has no genuine journalistic or political analyst background or talent.

She's simply strident, shrill & in the face of everyone on most every subject & that simply smacks of sensationalism & badgering, nothing more, nothing less.

FOX would be better of w/o her.

MM

I was typing while you posted this. Looks like we have the same opinion of Miss Kelly's abilities.
Posted By: Tracks Re: C'mon Don... - 08/25/15
Seems odd to me that nobody noticed how bad Kelly is until Trump told them.
Posted By: ltppowell Re: C'mon Don... - 08/25/15
Originally Posted by KFWA

Kinda my thought. What's the prize to be won by fighting FOX?
Posted By: 700LH Re: C'mon Don... - 08/25/15
Good Journalism?

Hardly.

“Mr. Trump, one of the things people love about you is you speak your mind and you don’t use a politician’s filter,” she said. “However, that is not without its downsides, in particular, when it comes to women. You’ve called women you don’t like, ‘fat pigs,’ ‘dogs,’ slobs, and disgusting animals.”

If I were Trump, I'd be pissed more at the opening question - of which I'm sure all 3 moderators had a hand in framing and determining.

The whole 3rd party thing was singularly focused on separating Trump from the group, taking him down right at the start and killing his momentum. It was the old lawyer trick - don't ask a question you don't already know the answer to.

That's the kind of s_hit that I get tired of Fox News doing (and yes, I understand other liberal media do it to, but I don't give two s_hits about their candidates so I don't care).

Trump should have tore all 3 of them a new ass, and not fixate on Kelly.
Or he could direct it at Karl Rove..."the architect" of all of it.

Whatever, I don't see it as being very helpful to his ambitions joined with statements like this.

“You know, it doesn’t really matter what [the media] write as long as you’ve got a young and beautiful piece of ass.”
Posted By: JoeBob Re: C'mon Don... - 08/25/15
Probably has something to do with Trump getting the last word. Remember when the Fox "insider" made the report that Megyn's vacation was entirely planned and that Trump's supporters were crazy to think otherwise? If Fox or Megyn say nothing else, I'll bet Trump lays off and says no more.

This is not a fight that Fox can win. Even if they succeed and take down Trump, they lose because half of their audience will hate them for doing it.
Posted By: EdM Re: C'mon Don... - 08/25/15
Originally Posted by bruinruin
I certainly will not apologize for doing good journalism,” Kelly said days after the debate. “So I’ll continue doing my job without fear or favor.”

She and most others like her wouldn't know what good journalism is. She thinks attacking and putting someone on the spot is journalism. She has journalism confused with sensationalism.

The definition of Fox News. Glad to see folks sorting it out.
Maybe so, but I'd be more worried about the other 276 news sources posting his petty tweets.
Posted By: JoeBob Re: C'mon Don... - 08/25/15
Maybe so, but I'd be more worried about the other 276 news sources posting his petty tweets.

Until whatever he does stops working, you might as well stop criticizing him for it. He is obviously smarter than you, I, the media, or the political class because he has broken every rule and his poll numbers only go up.

He literally is a mental step ahead of everyone. So, far he leads in every poll imaginable and he has barely spent a dime relatively speaking.
Posted By: deflave Re: C'mon Don... - 08/25/15

Who are we talking about right now?

Dave
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: C'mon Don... - 08/25/15

Or poking Megyn in the eye?

She's pretty popular. You'd think he would want to keep a few people un-offended to vote for him. wink

If he keeps chipping away at that rock, there ain't gonna be enough left.
I'm not "criticizing" him. I'm questioning his strategy. Do you think he is counting on the public's disdain of the media to be more important than what he says? You have to remember, Trump is also the candidate that those polled are LEAST likely to vote for at this point.
Don is double digits ahead in the polls, how do you figure he is "least likely" to vote for?
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Or poking Megyn in the eye?

She's pretty popular. You'd think he would want to keep a few people un-offended to vote for him. wink

If he keeps chipping away at that rock, there ain't gonna be enough left.

Just my thoughts but... Conservatives watch Fox News. That's their bread and butter.

Conservatives had a lot of really mean things to say about Kelly, nothing but praise for Trump.

Dave
Posted By: 2legit2quit Re: C'mon Don... - 08/25/15
For most folks defending yourself is admirable.

but continuing to kick your opponent once down many find distasteful

not that it troubles me much those tactics,

but this is America once we tear a country up, we rebuild it

time will tell whether this is a wise move by the Donald

if Megyn is his new Rosie, I think he's making an error in judgment

guess we'll see how it all shakes out over the next few months
Posted By: BOWSINGER Re: C'mon Don... - 08/25/15
Originally Posted by MIKEWERNER

Trump was right.....she was pathetic.

Kelly was great. Didn't miss a beat from where she left off.

Besides reporting about the Trump interview with O”Reilly and the questions DONALD has yet to answer, she had Ben Carson on his take of the immigration debate.
And what he thinks of black on black murders.

Followed by the video of the Black Ferguson grandmother who held her dying granddaughter in her arms. The lady used a lot of bleeped words to to tell the world what she thinks of blacks who ignore black on black killing and only protest cops on black killings. “Grandmother Tears Into Black Lives Matter: 'How About Black Brutality?"
This video needs to reach a wider audience and Kelly did just that.

Kelly had Rep. Duncan Hunter asking secretary of defense to intervene on behalf of Sgt. Martland “Army axes Green Beret who stood up for Afghan rape victim.” This too is a story that needs to be front and center.

And Kelly and Chris Stirewalt demolished Clinton.
Posted By: MontanaMan Re: C'mon Don... - 08/25/15
I'm not "criticizing" him. I'm questioning his strategy. Do you think he is counting on the public's disdain of the media to be more important than what he says? You have to remember, Trump is also the candidate that those polled are LEAST likely to vote for at this point.

Right............but at some time, he has to have some genuine concrete plans for a variety of things that he keeps bringing up & generalizing about.

Right now he's riding on the public feeling about DC & all its ills.

He needs to put together a coherent strategy if he is to be a serious long term candidate & get the GOP nomination.

MM
Posted By: curdog4570 Re: C'mon Don... - 08/25/15
Originally Posted by Tracks

Funny how that works.
Originally Posted by 700LH
Don is double digits ahead in the polls, how do you figure he is "least likely" to vote for?

That's one of the questions asked in a lot of the polls, and Pat's right............ Trump "leads" ALL the R contenders in that category, across all demographics.

Myself and others have known for a long time all those chicks on Fox News are closet liberals.

Just took a guy like Trump to draw it out of 'em.

Travis
Posted By: Anjin Re: C'mon Don... - 08/25/15
Megyn's efforts were transparent. Nonetheless, all three Fox newsreaders were pretty awful.

The real viper is Chris Wallace and he sort of hid in the grass while the other two bleated loudly.
Originally Posted by Anjin
Megyn's efforts were transparent. Nonetheless, all three Fox newsreaders were pretty awful.

The real viper is Chris Wallace and he sort of hid in the grass while the other two bleated loudly.

If an R candidate can't handle Fox without coming unglued..... I gotta wonder how they will handle Chris Matthews.

But, since the candidate is Trump, and he and Matthews are friends, he may find it to be a friendly venue.

Strange going-ons in the world of politics along about now.
He did handle Fox.

but the issue is Fox playing favorites

they badly misjudged their homer audience opinion on the subject.

they badly misjudged their homer audience opinion on the subject.

Yep.

Travis
Posted By: SAcharlie Re: C'mon Don... - 08/25/15

He has been told what to think all his life and is fine with that.
Posted By: eyeball Re: C'mon Don... - 08/25/15

I think he's letting journalists know he's not G Bush. grin
Posted By: RickyD Re: C'mon Don... - 08/25/15
Because 2 out of 3 voters view him unfavorably. Hillary's numbers are even better than his.
Originally Posted by curdog4570

That's one of the questions asked in a lot of the polls, and Pat's right............ Trump "leads" ALL the R contenders in that category, across all demographics.

Right. 30% from 100% leaves 70%, and when the biggest portion of that last number says "no way", it's a problem.
Originally Posted by bruinruin

You have sensationalism confused with asking tough hardball questions of everyone you interview. That is the kind of good journalism that put Megyn at the top and keeps her there.
She has been harder on Hillary than she ever has been with Trump. Hillary will not go on her show.

DONALD can't handle the hardballs and it seems his supporters can't as well.

Right. 30% from 100% leaves 70%, and when the biggest portion of that last number says "no way", it's a problem.

"While they lead in the race for the nomination, Clinton and Trump have the worst overall favorability ratings among all voters of any of the leading candidates, and the lowest scores for being honest and trustworthy, the independent Quinnipiac (KWIN-uh-pe-ack) University Poll finds. The Swing State Poll focuses on Florida, Ohio and Pennsylvania because since 1960 no candidate has won the presidential race without taking at least two of these three states."

BIDEN TOPS TRUMP IN FLORIDA, OHIO,PENNSYLVANIA,
QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY
SWING STATE POLL FINDS
---
FLORIDA: Biden45–Trump 42
OHIO: Biden48–Trump 38
PENNSYLVANIA: Biden 48–Trump 40
Posted By: tzone Re: C'mon Don... - 08/25/15

Because if you mess with the bull, you get the horn. He's letting her and others know he's not to be F'd with. I like it. We have too many chickenchit pussies running things in this country.
Posted By: Bristoe Re: C'mon Don... - 08/25/15
Personally, I'm more than sick of the games the propaganda machine plays with elections.

FOX tried to turn the first debate into a tool to eliminate Trump's candidacy. Megyn Kelly was chosen to deliver the punch.

If Trump can destroy her career for doing so it will make others a bit hesitant to wade in.

I have no sympathy at *all* for the talking heads who make their living by catering to the RNC's propaganda machine.

Anyone who doesn't support the RNC's chosen candidate should feel the same way.

If Trump hadn't been on the stage it would have been someone else who got the punch,...probably Cruz.
Posted By: AcesNeights Re: C'mon Don... - 08/25/15

The 30% doesn't include the evangelicals or the neo-con base that will NOT vote D no matter what. The 30% represents folks on both sides that are saying fu.ck. you to the political establishment and dynasties
Trump is doing well with the "kiss my ass" crowd (Both R&D) and fiscal conservatives. It's the social conservatives that will hold him back, and Democrats aren't going to vote for ANY Republican. At some point he's going to have to explain wanting to keep illegal aliens out and hiring "thousands" of them at the same time and why he changed his tune on a lot of things after 69 years. Flame on...but it's coming.

OK, so how about some links, so we can all readily see how the other candidates fair in this regard.
Trump is doing well with the "kiss my ass" crowd

Anybody who isn't in the "kiss my ass" crowd hasn't been paying attention.
Trump is doing well with the "kiss my ass" crowd (Both R&D) and fiscal conservatives. It's the social conservatives that will hold him back, and Democrats aren't going to vote for ANY Republican. At some point he's going to have to explain wanting to keep illegal aliens out and hiring "thousands" of them at the same time and why he changed his tune on a lot of things after 69 years. Flame on...but it's coming.

Gaudddddddd dammmmm you ever gonna run outta them rocks you're throwing.
Posted By: KMS Re: C'mon Don... - 08/25/15
Just my opinion, but sure looks to me like everyone's wiling to overlook Trumps behavior and anything else because he sticks it to the establishment. I'm not buying that he's the best candidate for the job of President of the United States.

I sincerely hope this shakes out in a year.
Originally Posted by KMS
Just my opinion, but sure looks to me like everyone's wiling to overlook Trumps behavior and anything else because he sticks it to the establishment. I'm not buying that he's the best candidate for the job of President of the United States.

To many folks are tired of being fugged with no kiss.
either that or most people are too afraid to say how they really feel about him. Buncha sheep!
Trump/Fiorina
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Trump/Fiorina

Yeah. Nice try. Trump's already trashed her to.
Originally Posted By AcesNeights

Trump/Fiorina

Business success/business failure, no go combo
Originally Posted by KMS

You better hope not.

Trump is the first candidate who has ever had any success at backing down the established political machine,....and the political machine in this country doesn't give a damn about the people. In fact, it's been getting more and more hostile to the will of the people.

Nobody else running for President has the ability to take on the political machine because they depend on the political machine to finance their campaign.

If that's not enough to make the light bulb come on,...well,...you're going to get the government that you deserve.
Originally Posted by SAcharlie

Never expect a government employee to support anyone outside.....that touts a balanced budget.

Government employees support politicians.....and business as usual (big gov't spending deficits).
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by KMS

You better hope not.

Trump is the first candidate who has ever had any success at backing down the established political machine,....and the political machine in this country doesn't give a damn about the people. In fact, it's been getting more and more hostile to the will of the people.

Nobody else running for President has the ability to take on the political machine because they depend on the political machine to finance their campaign.

If that's not enough to make the light bulb come on,...well,...you're going to get the government that you deserve.

So you think Ted Cruz represent the establishment? Stop drinking the Trump coolaid long enough to look at some of the other candidates.

It damned sure aint Trump or nobody. You people are pizzin' me off.
Trump is doing well with the "kiss my ass" crowd

Anybody who isn't in the "kiss my ass" crowd hasn't been paying attention.

You are right. And lots haven't, never will and constitute the majority.
Posted By: ST50 Re: C'mon Don... - 08/25/15
Trump could reach the same objectives without coming across as an a-hole. Apparently he is not capable of sitting back a little and planning a less hostile strategy.
Originally Posted by MIKEWERNER
Originally Posted by SAcharlie

Never expect a government employee to support anyone outside.....that touts a balanced budget.

Government employees support politicians.....and business as usual (big gov't spending deficits).

If you are though with your tantrum...tell me where I'm wrong.
as long as [bleep] keeps him going up in the polls.......
Originally Posted by ST50
Trump could reach the same objectives without coming across as an a-hole. Apparently he is not capable of sitting back a little and planning a less hostile strategy.

He's leading the polls.

Why would he choose to change his strategy?

Whatever else you might think about Trump, he didn't end up with 10 billion dollars by making bad decisions.

...or as long as his followers don't refuse to participate in the process when it doesn't. We've had a problem with that in the past.

...or as long as his followers don't refuse to participate in the process when it doesn't. We've had a problem with that in the past.

Trump will turn out the vote like no other GOP candidate.

He's leading the polls.

Whatever else you might think about Trump, he didn't end up with 10 billion dollars by making bad decisions.

Ok, so he's a billionaire. That doesn't mean he's ready to be the president. Is he gonna go into a tirade every time someone else disagrees with him? World leaders gonna be quaking in their boots at the for fear of Trumps insults?

He's leading the polls.

Why is everyone copying Trump's style?

[Linked Image]
Posted By: watch4bear Re: C'mon Don... - 08/25/15
Good Journalism?

ABC News executive producer Ian Cameron is married to Susan Rice, National Security Adviser.

CBS President David Rhodes is the brother of Ben Rhodes, Obama’s Deputy National Security Adviser for Strategic Communications.

ABC News correspondent Claire Shipman is married to former Whitehouse Press Secretary Jay Carney

ABC News and Univision reporter Matthew Jaffe is married to Katie Hogan, Obama’s Deputy Press Secretary

ABC President Ben Sherwood is the brother of Obama’s Special Adviser Elizabeth Sherwood

CNN President Virginia Moseley is married to former Hillary Clinton’s Deputy Secretary Tom Nides.
if people think Fiorina is ready to be president, my god, they should think Trump is overqualified.

After another year of him I doubt it!
Originally Posted by KMS
Ok, so he's a billionaire. That doesn't mean he's ready to be the president.

And a career politician is?
Originally Posted by KMS

Cruz is.

He's leading the polls.

Trump has a huge competitive streak and is fearless, but he has made plenty of bad decisions that cost other people billions of dollars. He certainly has learned a lot in the process and maybe the time has come for the people to let him gamble with America. We'll know before long.

Past problems come from, you and yours, doing as you are told. As in settling for less.
And Reagan was a career politician to.
Posted By: ST50 Re: C'mon Don... - 08/25/15

He's leading the polls.

I don't see the correlation of being a ruthless businessman to being a good president of the United States.
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: C'mon Don... - 08/25/15
so F'n What? I have no problem with the Donald dumping on Ms Kelly at all.
Originally Posted by KMS

Yeah or a preacher....at least for the mouth breathers

Then he will have no problem in the primaries.

He's leading the polls.

I don't see the correlation of being a ruthless businessman to being a good president of the United States.

Good. One more person that uses his head.

He hasn't yet. And if you're a Cruz supporter you should hope he doesn't.

If Cruz is genuinely an anti establishment candidate, the establishment will start wiping mud in his face as soon as Trump is no longer the #1 threat.

From damn near every Independent and many DEMs.
Originally Posted by KMS

Yeah or a preacher....at least for the mouth breathers

Typical of all these Trumpsters. Derogatory remarks about anyone that doesn't profess their devotion to the great Donald Trump.

The absolute best chance for a GOP victory is a Trump/Cruz ticket.

Anything else will result in the end of anything even remotely resembling conservatism in America.

Another Democratic administration will result in 20,000,000 "new citizens" ready to vote Democrat for everything from dogcatcher on up.
If Cruz is genuinely an anti establishment candidate, the establishment will start wiping mud in his face as soon as Trump is no longer the #1 threat.

That'll never happen grin grin grin grin grin

[Linked Image]

I am a Trump supporter, and a Cruz supporter and whoever is most conservative next after they're gone supporter. That's why the "take my football and go home" herd pisses me off so much. We have to accept reality along the way.

Then you haven't been paying attention. The establishment has been out to destroy him long before Trump was a candidate. Before him, Cruz was public enemy #1.
Originally Posted by KMS

Then you haven't been paying attention. The establishment has been out to destroy him long before Trump was a candidate. Before him, Cruz was public enemy #1.

The world isn't Texas.
Originally Posted by KMS

The world isn't Texas.

What's that mean?
Posted By: oldtimer303 Re: C'mon Don... - 08/25/15
Originally Posted by KMS

He's leading the polls.

Ok, so he's a billionaire. That doesn't mean he's ready to be the president. Is he gonna go into a tirade every time someone else disagrees with him? World leaders gonna be quaking in their boots at the for fear of Trumps insults?

eek Yeah I can see it the leaders of Russia, Israel, North Korea, Iran and numerous others will be shaking in their boots.
grin GW

That means that Cruz may has been successful in his Texas campaign, but he's never had the nation's propaganda machine working to scuttle his chances.
Originally Posted by KMS
Trump/Fiorina

Yeah. Nice try. Trump's already trashed her to.

All is fair in love and politics. They all buy beers after the debates.

If he is one of the contenders for the POTUS, and he asks her, she'll say Yes.
That means that Cruz may has been successful in his Texas campaign, but he's never had the nation's propaganda machine working to scuttle his chances.

Trump hasn't had ANY propaganda machine working against him...yet. That was all I have been saying this entire time.

Honest question. Why do you think the liberal MSM has basically remained silent concerning Trump?
Originally Posted by KMS
Originally Posted by KMS

You better hope not.

So you think Ted Cruz represent the establishment? Stop drinking the Trump coolaid long enough to look at some of the other candidates.

It damned sure aint Trump or nobody. You people are pizzin' me off.

It sure as hell isn't going to be Cruz. Outside of TX, he's not well liked....because he's a politician.

I am a Trump supporter, and a Cruz supporter and whoever is most conservative next after they're gone supporter. That's why the "take my football and go home" herd pisses me off so much. We have to accept reality along the way.

Most of the Trump supporters have no issue with letting this primary play out.

It's the anti-Trumpers that seem to have their pink panties in a wad.
Honest question. Why do you think the liberal MSM has basically remained silent concerning Trump?

They haven't.

CNN has been broadcasting the "Donald Trump hour of hate" on a regular basis.
It sure as hell isn't going to be Cruz. Outside of TX, he's not well liked....because he's a politician.

BS. He drew a big turnout here when he helped our senator get elected.
Why haven't you answered my question?

Trump hasn't had ANY propaganda machine working against him...yet. That was all I have been saying this entire time.

The MSM announced Trump's demise long ago, but folks did not listen.

The simple reason they are currently silent is.....they are dumbfounded because they no longer control the narrative.

Wake up.

I told myself that I wasn't gonna get into this again. But honestly, some of you really need to wake up. Do you not pay attention to anyone other than your Great and Glorious Donald Trump? UGH!

Because they've all asked HIM for money.
Originally Posted by KMS

The world isn't Texas.

Best part of it is. whistle
Originally Posted by tzone

Because they've all asked HIM for money.

I hadn't though of that. That's probably the biggest part of it.
Originally Posted by watch4bear

How's he doing in the polls?..outside of texas?

They dont want to get MK'd?

Depends on the poll, but overall, hanging around third place behind Bush.

Depends on the poll, but overall, hanging around third Sixth place behind Bush.

Fixed it for ya, with links which you never seem to be able to do

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...blican_presidential_nomination-3823.html

http://www.politico.com/p/polls#.VdzAhaSFOUk
Well, I guess I stand corrected. I though they had some other polls within the last three weeks. I like the one's where liberals aren't the primary audience best.
Only 440 days to election, not a lot of this will matter way before then.
Posted By: add Re: C'mon Don... - 08/25/15
Originally Posted by KMS

I told myself that I wasn't gonna get into this again. But honestly, some of you really need to wake up. Do you not pay attention to anyone other than your Great and Glorious Donald Trump? UGH!

You do realize Trump is handily beating Cruz....

in TEXAS?

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/251652-poll-trump-beats-cruz-in-texas
Originally Posted by add
Originally Posted by KMS

You do realize Trump is handily beating Cruz....

in TEXAS?

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/251652-poll-trump-beats-cruz-in-texas

What is it you want to hear? You're right. Praise be to the Almighty Donald Trump and his billions! There is none so marvelous as he!

How's that? smirk
Originally Posted by KMS

What is it you want to hear? You're right. Praise be to the Almighty Donald Trump and his billions! There is none so marvelous as he!

How's that? smirk

Better.

Travis
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by KMS

How's that? smirk

Better.

Travis

Good. I need to get my blood pressure back down.
Originally Posted by KMS

Buy a Trump t-shirt.

Travis
Originally Posted by KMS

Buy a Trump t-shirt.

Travis

There it goes again. I think my head may explode.
Have you thought of not living in Mexico?

Could have significant health benefits.

Travis
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER

"While they lead in the race for the nomination, Clinton and Trump have the worst overall favorability ratings among all voters of any of the leading candidates, and the lowest scores for being honest and trustworthy, the independent Quinnipiac (KWIN-uh-pe-ack) University Poll finds. The Swing State Poll focuses on Florida, Ohio and Pennsylvania because since 1960 no candidate has won the presidential race without taking at least two of these three states."

BIDEN TOPS TRUMP IN FLORIDA, OHIO,PENNSYLVANIA,
QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY
SWING STATE POLL FINDS
---
FLORIDA: Biden45–Trump 42
OHIO: Biden48–Trump 38
PENNSYLVANIA: Biden 48–Trump 40

Here are some late-breaking polls numbers.
Two polls...
Trump just broke 30 in the latest South Carolina Monmouth poll.

Gallup: Donald Trump at -51 Favorability with Hispanics, Nearly 2/3rds View Negatively
Originally Posted by KMS
Originally Posted by KMS

Buy a Trump t-shirt.

Travis

It's coming.

Either get a surfboard or scamper to the other side of the island.

[Linked Image]

Gallup: Donald Trump at -51 Favorability with Hispanics, .

How many of that number are eligible to vote?
Originally Posted by add
Originally Posted by KMS
Originally Posted by KMS

Buy a Trump t-shirt.

Travis

It's coming.

Either get a surfboard or scamper to the other side of the island.

[Linked Image]

Don't get all cocky now. I'm not ready to become a raving lunatic Trump fan.
Posted By: Ghostinthemachine Re: C'mon Don... - 08/25/15

234%.
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine

234%.

Holy chit that cracked me up
Posted By: atvalaska Re: C'mon Don... - 08/25/15
I like the Donald... Putting the boots to the man , keep up the great work ......R's and D's are the same two faced coin...

Gallup: Donald Trump at -51 Favorability with Hispanics, Nearly 2/3rds View Negatively

Now I really like him.

Travis
Doesn't anyone remember the bleach blonde bimbo?

Reading this thread shows how really relevant she isn't.
Doesn't anyone remember the bleach blonde bimbo?

Reading this thread shows how really relevant she isn't.

Who? Walt?
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: C'mon Don... - 08/25/15
There's a big difference in leading an early republican field, and being able to pull off, and actually win a national election for POTUS.

Even though Trump leads the GOP field, even Hitlery is favored in the polls to beat him in a national election. That speaks volumes in itself.

I think we'd better all be looking at the bigger picture further down the road.

Even though Trump leads the GOP field, even Hitlery is favored in the polls to beat him in a national election. That speaks volumes in itself.

I love when people tell me that the most liked Republican amongst Republicans can only defeat Republicans.

Travis

I think we'd better all be looking at the bigger picture further down the road.

You mean Bush?

They love me,” Donald Trump said of Hispanic-American immigrants. “And I’ll tell you something: If I get the nomination, I’ll win the Latino vote.”

Gallup has always polled likely voters and has polled 2, 183 Hispanic likely voters since he first made those statements.
This latest poll of about 650 Hispanics found 14 percent found Trump favorable and 65 percent unfavorable.

What ever you think about legal and illegal immigration; Hispanics votes for Bush were 44 percent, McCain 31 percent and Romney 27 percent.
Dropping those numbers makes 270 electoral votes harder to reach.
Gallup has always polled likely voters and has polled 2, 183 Hispanic likely voters since he first made those statements.
This latest poll of about 650 Hispanics found 14 percent found Trump favorable and 65 percent unfavorable.

How many were registered Democrat?
Posted By: byc Re: C'mon Don... - 08/25/15
Exactly what did he have to gain by his on piling on? I see his actions as silly and potentially dumb. Bullish and expected yes...but still silly.

If Trump does run as his an Independent it will be a result of his own undoing. Not the GOP.

Pat--I agree.
The more "journalists" a presidential candidate tells to fugk off, the better, as far as I'm concerned. They've made their profession into the laughing stock it is, so fugk 'em.

And if the GOP doesn't like that, fugk them too.

Go Trump.

Travis
[Linked Image]
The more "journalists" a presidential candidate tells to fugk off, the better, as far as I'm concerned. They've made their profession into the laughing stock it is, so fugk 'em.

And if the GOP doesn't like that, fugk them too.

Go Trump.

Travis

Agreed but he had already done that so mission accomplished. Why throw more gas on a fire that could potentially burn you? Especially, when not provoked.

Just leave well enough alone and move onto the next battle.
Why not?

Seems to keep everybody talking about him and there was nothing but Fox News viewers logging onto Facebook to tell her she's a chunt (paraphrasing.)

Win/win as far as I can tell.

Travis
Time will tell for sure. I support the man but would hate to see him start to lose certain groups of really valuable votes.

Case-n-point...he had Fox and Ailes all locked up. Now his phone undid what was a huge positive for the Trump camp.

Focus on the issues now Donald!!!! That time has come. We know you can bully. Now deliver solutions!!!
Like him or not he's playing the game well, and is on everyone's tongue tip, CNN, FOX, even Huffastpost, you name it they are all talking Trump.
Yeah it's 20 minutes.

But the guy exudes an America first attitude, leadership, humor, confidence, focus, command of the room, energy, and knowledge of how broken the system is.

Good stuff.

[video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=1225&v=J_d91vXBhKY[/video]

How many were registered Democrat?

All of the 14 percent who found Trump favorable.
Posted By: ironbender Re: C'mon Don... - 08/25/15
Originally Posted by KMS
I'm not buying that he's the best candidate for the job of President of the United States.

Refresh my memory here - when was the last time we elected the best candidate?
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by KMS
I'm not buying that he's the best candidate for the job of President of the United States.

Reagan (career politician)

But now we finally have at least a couple of viable candidates. Your problem is you're so dazzled by the billionaire, you can't see anything else. And apparently, willing to overlook all his flaws.

Having said that, if he actually does get the nomination I'll take him over the Democrat nominee. I just think he's gonna have a real problem within a years time if he doesn't start showing more substance. I hear lots of, "Hispanics love me, I'm rich, Mexico and China are taking all of jobs and money, the other candidates are stupid.....).
Originally Posted by KMS
[quote=ironbender][quote=KMS] "Hispanics love me, I'm rich, Mexico and China are taking all of jobs and money, the other candidates are stupid.....).

...and "I love the Chinese" and "I hire thousands of Mexicans" and "I'm very rich", in the same breath.

Maybe he won't have to explain it. Obama didn't. It just depends if the media lets him slide.
IF he does win you will be hearing this exact same rhetoric for the next 4 years.

I can hear his SOTU now. "Everyone in the world loves me and I love them. Well some are stupid."
Posted By: atvalaska Re: C'mon Don... - 08/25/15
F...!!!! > Obama got IN on less than any thing the Donald has said... ...go look at u tube/newspaper stuff ...u guys get wit the program !!! give me 10 billion I will have u guys building pyramids.... wake up !!!
Posted By: ironbender Re: C'mon Don... - 08/25/15
Originally Posted by KMS
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by KMS

Reagan (career politician)

But now we finally have at least a couple of viable candidates. Your problem is you're so dazzled by the billionaire, you can't see anything else. And apparently, willing to overlook all his flaws.

Having said that, if he actually does get the nomination I'll take him over the Democrat nominee. I just think he's gonna have a real problem within a years time if he doesn't start showing more substance. I hear lots of, "Hispanics love me, I'm rich, Mexico and China are taking all of jobs and money, the other candidates are stupid.....).

LMAO! I was unaware of my "problem" until now. Thanks so much.
Posted By: luv2safari Re: C'mon Don... - 08/25/15

Many of us have been saying it all along, and no, I'm not a Trump supporter. wink

She has shown bald-faced ignorance on many occasions over the years, especially re: 2A.
Posted By: Birdwatcher Re: C'mon Don... - 08/26/15
Originally Posted by KMS
[quote=ironbender][quote=KMS] "Hispanics love me, I'm rich, Mexico and China are taking all of jobs and money, the other candidates are stupid.....).

...and "I love the Chinese" and "I hire thousands of Mexicans" and "I'm very rich", in the same breath.

Maybe he won't have to explain it. Obama didn't. It just depends if the media lets him slide.

At this point, if he would do a full-on Reagan, all positive all the time, he'd have it in the bag.

But... like you said, gratuitous snarky comments about some newsbabe don't elevate his image.

Meanwhile what he's doing is casting the whole field of Republican candidates, the best we've had in some time, into the shadows.

Who among those "undecided" really knows what a Bush/Carson/Cruz/Fiorina/Jindal/Rubio etc... actually stands for?

So, Trump has us by the collective short hairs.

This election cycle we have some of the weakest Democratic candidates in some time.

1) Trump runs as an Independent; the Democrats win.

2) Trump drops out late in the game; nobody knows enough about the remaining candidates to separate the wheat from the chaff. The Democrats win.

3) Trump gets the nomination and then says some more stupid petty crap; people vote when they are PO'd so they turn out in numbers to vote against him. The Democrats win.

Meanwhile our side is as usual divided, calling each other "ball washers" and "suck ups" if they happen to like some other contender than the one we like.

Its been pointed out already, it ain't the sort that hangs around the 'Fire gonna win this election, is regular folks, including lots of women.

This election is the big one, I too am gonna vote against the Democrats whoever we put forward on our side,...

....and then go out and pray.

Birdwatcher

Posted By: JoeBob Re: C'mon Don... - 08/26/15
America is shallow enough these days that name recognition will win the election. Period. It is like the candidate for the local election who spends two hundred thousand dollars on yard signs. Get Trump the nomination, and he will win.
Posted By: elkhunternm Re: C'mon Don... - 08/26/15
Originally Posted by JoeBob
America is shallow enough these days that name recognition will win the election. Period. It is like the candidate for the local election who spends two hundred thousand dollars on yard signs. Get Trump the nomination, and he will win.
trump has to EARN the nomination. Lets see if the flip-flopper can do it.
Posted By: deflave Re: C'mon Don... - 08/26/15
Anybody want to guess who all the networks are talking about this morning?

Laughin' my ass off.

"Go back to Univision."

Travis
Posted By: MIKEWERNER Re: C'mon Don... - 08/26/15
Donald threw Jorge Ramos out???

1 down......11-30 million to go.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: hatari Re: C'mon Don... - 08/26/15

___

One flaw that is likely to prove fatal for The Donald is his thin skin. In politics, you can't attack everyone who calls you names, unless you are Mugabe, Stalin, or Nixon. Obama is thin skinned, and that hasn't served him well. Don needs to toughen up on that front. Politics has some name calling and uncomfortable press interviews. You have to withstand the bombs and well as throw them.
Originally Posted by hatari

___

One flaw that is likely to prove fatal for The Donald is his thin skin. In politics, you can't attack everyone who calls you names, unless you are Mugabe, Stalin, or Nixon. Obama is thin skinned, and that hasn't served him well. Don needs to toughen up on that front. Politics has some name calling and uncomfortable press interviews. You have to withstand the bombs and well as throw them.

Romney was pretty tough in that regard.

McCain too.

Travis
Now go order a fugking t-shirt already.

Travis
Posted By: ST50 Re: C'mon Don... - 08/26/15
Anybody want to guess who all the networks are talking about this morning?

Laughin' my ass off.

"Go back to Univision."

Travis
The Mezkin got what he wanted...National coverage of getting thrown out of the press conference and plenty of anti-Trumpness for the hispanic voters, both legal and illegal.
Posted By: hatari Re: C'mon Don... - 08/26/15
XL please!
© 24hourcampfire