Home
Now that he has no elections in front of him, how much will he try for?

http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...preparing-executive-actions-gun-control/
The White House confirmed that President Obama was preparing a series of executive actions on gun control to match his recent passion on the issue after the latest mass shooting in Oregon.

“It’s a high priority and will continue to be until we start to see more progress on this issue in this town,” White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest told reporters today at the press briefing.

Earnest said he would “quibble” with anyone who criticized the president for not voicing any specific gun control proposals during his press conference, asserting that the White House was working behind the scenes for more executive actions on guns.

“I can tell you that they’re not stumped, they’re continuing to review the law that’s on the books and continuing to consult with legal authorities but also others who may have ideas about what steps that can be taken to keep guns out of the hands of criminals,” Earnest said.

He admitted, however that he had no details for what the White House was working on, but asserted that the process was a “scrub” that was “ongoing.”
Easy.

Make us all felons.
He's not the only one who needs help understanding the Second Amendment. Most demrats have the same problem. Hasbeen
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Easy.

Make us all felons.
By a felon? Naw, I don't think so.
I'm expecting that he will follow through and everyone else should be too. Anyone caught "off guard" when it come to their guns, ammo or mags is a 1st Class FOOL. If you don't have what you want/need right now, you are at risk of never having it!!
The shooter in Roseburg only became a criminal after the fact.
As I said earlier in the week O was going to do this next year but now senses he can get away with it.
This was Obama's history in Chicago and his early first term.

I got this from the NRA.

Just look at Obama’s history:

• Obama supports ban on the manufacture, sale and possession of all handguns (1996).

• Obama endorses ban on the sale or transfer of all semi-automatic firearms (1998).

• Obama supports 500 percent increase in taxes on both guns and ammunition (1999).

• Obama proposes banning gun stores within five miles of any school or park (1999).

• Obama co-sponsors legislation limiting gun purchases to “one gun a month” (1999).

• Obama serves on board of directors of the radically anti-gun Joyce Foundation (1994-2002).

• Obama votes to ban hundreds of common, conventional rifles and shotguns (2003).

• Obama votes to prosecute victims who use guns for self-defense in their homes (2004).

• Obama backs federal law to abolish Right-to-Carry nationwide (2004).

• Obama votes to ban common rifle ammunition (2005).

• Obama votes to expose U.S. gun industry to potentially bankrupting lawsuits (2005).

• Obama votes to reject pro-Second Amendment Supreme Court Justices John Roberts and Samuel Alito (2005 and 2006).

• Obama supports Washington, D.C., ban on guns in the home for self-defense and refuses to sign bipartisan “friend of the court” brief urging Supreme Court to overturn it (2008).

• Obama votes to jeopardize federal criminal investigations by opening up sensitive BATFE gun-trace data for manipulation by anti-gun politicians (2008).

If you think that’s bad, well, let me tell you something, You ain’t seen nothin’ yet. Because those are just the things Obama did before he occupied the Oval Office.

Since then, he’s continued to indulge his contempt for your right to keep and bear arms—sometimes openly, sometimes covertly, but always with an eye to the long-term goal.

Obama’s First Term Sets The Stage For His Second Act: A Second Amendment Rampage Although Obama tried to run from his anti-gun record throughout his 2008 election campaign, as soon as he’d won the election, he went back to his anti-gun roots.

For example, Obama recently admitted—once again—his desire to re-impose the failed Clinton semi-automatic gun bans, a policy that he has supported, either quietly or covertly, since the day he won the presidency.

For evidence, all you had to do was look at the Obama transition team’s website—at change.gov—which listed, as one of the incoming president’s agenda items, “making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent.”

The Obama administration’s anti-gun bigotry was on full display even in its employment application questionnaire, which asked applicants, “Do you or any members of your immediate family own a gun? If so, provide complete ownership and registration information. Has the registration ever lapsed? Please also describe how and by whom it is used and whether it has been the cause of any personal injuries or property damage.”

Obama’s stance on your firearms and freedom was also clear from the anti-gun, anti-hunting radicals he appointed to his cabinet.

From Secretary of State Hillary Clinton to Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel, to regulatory czar Cass Sunstein—who said that all sport hunting should be banned—to Attorney General Eric Holder, whose contempt for your gun rights ended up with him being found in contempt of Congress. It isn’t hard to see what Obama has in mind and the lengths he’s willing to go to take your guns.

And I'll ask again, did you see what happened when the feds tried to phugg with that rancher in Nevada? I think lots of people are getting real tired of this [bleep].
[Linked Image]
I saw. And it will pale to what happens if Obama tries to go too far.

It'll be interesting to see what he tries.
Mark Levin is doing an excellent job demolishing the gun grabbers tonight. Not sure if it's possible for you folks to access a podcast of the show, but if so, it will be well worth it.
Executive Actions by O-Bummer. I will not comply with him or his gun grabbers Executive actions, when we all collectively tell O bummer to kiss our Butt, what can he do except whine some more, a bundle of sticks is a lot harder to break than one stick at a time, lets stick together. Rio7
hiLIARy will be Obama +P on gun issues.
It's coming.

So is the recourse.
I bet he'll do something with ammo. Guns without ammo are useless and I'd think it would be much easier to control the ammo than the firearms.

I'd look for all importation of ammo made in foreign countries, new and surplus, to stop, and heavy taxes/licensing to get your hands on U.S. made stuff.
Shall not be infringed is only difficult to understand, if you do not want to follow it and are trying to make it mean something else. If he can find a way to write a law that will compel criminals to follow it, I'll eat my hat.
4 US Marines & a US Navy sailor were killed in Chattanooga earlier this year & bamalam never uttered a word about any gun control.

Don't take this wrong , I'm not saying he should have , I'm just saying it tells a lot about his sorry ass.

Mike
Originally Posted by benchman
Shall not be infringed is only difficult to understand, if you do not want to follow it and are trying to make it mean something else. If he can find a way to write a law that will compel criminals to follow it, I'll eat my hat.

The president can't write or make laws.

Only congress can. And he knows how far that gets with a republican house and senate, so he will do something unconstitutional.
With the incompetence displayed by the GOP I won't hold my breath that they'd mount an affective counter to any unconstitutional action taken by the potus
if Zer0 is serious about gun bans, then he should start with the secret service.

What's good for the gander is good for the goose.
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
I bet he'll do something with ammo. Guns without ammo are useless and I'd think it would be much easier to control the ammo than the firearms.

I'd look for all importation of ammo made in foreign countries, new and surplus, to stop, and heavy taxes/licensing to get your hands on U.S. made stuff.

Technically, ATF reclassifying ammo like the M855 to armor piercing is within his bailiwick as chief executive, changing the import rules for firearms and ammo to some degree is also - Congress relegated authority over those to the executive branch long ago. But he can't do a thing in regards to any taxes without a new law.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Mark Levin is doing an excellent job demolishing the gun grabbers tonight. Not sure if it's possible for you folks to access a podcast of the show, but if so, it will be well worth it.

His podcast is my daily dose of sanity. In some ways even better than Rush.
As for POTUS, who is going to stop him, the Republicans? He's got clear sailing til Jan. '17.
He will executive order some stupid law,,, he will catch hell behind closed doors from the dmes that are up for reelection and then he will back off. And I am not so sure the republs won't vote against him. Boehner called it quits cause he was getting beat up by his own approval ratings. We most likely will have a more conservative and aggressive speaker soon. I hope one that can actually tell the president they are not going to sit idle. The deems might even join the republicans IF the dam republicans would stop acting like little girls that saw a mouse every time "O" opens his mouth. As for gun bans, I won't bother complying to anything he passes when it comes to gun laws.
Just a sound byte.

He already played this hand, after Sandy Hook.......a lot of short memories here.
Didn't he sign something with the un a couple of weeks ago? Maybe it was nothing.
The disconnect I see in the system is that mental health issues cannot be red-flags in the background check system without a judges order.

Most all of these flakes have been diagnosed, but it doesn't make the system. There's the disconnect. It's not the 'gunshow loophole'.
since no one has called him on any of his illegal actions, why should he not go for the whole enchilada? He does not obey the law, he does not obey the Constitution, he ignores court orders and he gives the finger to Congress. Nothing he might do would surprise me.
Maybe we'll learn.
Maybe we won't.

We ain't learnt term limits yet.
But we're slow on the uptake, aren't we.
Maybe someday we'll learn to silence a lame duck.

Never mind string the fugger up.

Originally Posted by Nebraska
I'm expecting that he will follow through and everyone else should be too. Anyone caught "off guard" when it come to their guns, ammo or mags is a 1st Class FOOL. If you don't have what you want/need right now, you are at risk of never having it!!

All it takes is the simple stroke of a pen.
Look at the bright side.
At least he's playing his cards like a lame duck rather than ruler of the world.
Originally Posted by Archerhunter
Look at the bright side.
At least he's playing his cards like a lame duck rather than ruler of the world.

You are wrong. He is playing his cards like ruler of world - and no one is willing to stand in his way. A "lame duck" treads water waiting to pack up and leave.
Originally Posted by Nebraska

There's what we need.
And what the media wants!

Get another ignorant fear filled frenzy started.

You starred in an episode of the tv show doomsdayers, didn't ya.

JFC

Originally Posted by bigwhoop
Originally Posted by Archerhunter
Look at the bright side.

You are wrong. He is playing his cards like ruler of world - and no one is willing to stand in his way. A "lame duck" treads water waiting to pack up and leave.

You contradict yourself.
But either way, I hope I'm right...

IOW
Imagine if he believed he was going to stay in "office".
With or without an election.

This should come as a comfort.
He's preparing to LEAVE!

If he pulls this crap, the GOP should go to war with his azz on every possible issue. They should engage in every deceptive and malicious political act possible. They won't, but they should.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by benchman

The president can't write or make laws.

Only congress can. And he knows how far that gets with a republican house and senate, so he will do something unconstitutional.

Probably so! He has done it througout his presidency...and congress has failed to check him.
Originally Posted by RIO7
Executive Actions by O-Bummer. I will not comply with him or his gun grabbers Executive actions, when we all collectively tell O bummer to kiss our Butt, what can he do except whine some more, a bundle of sticks is a lot harder to break than one stick at a time, lets stick together. Rio7

I do not ownn nor have I ever owned an AR. I think it is time to change that.
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
If he pulls this crap, the GOP should go to war with his azz on every possible issue. They should engage in every deceptive and malicious political act possible. They won't, but they should.

GOP is along for the ride, they won't do sheit! Phug em all.
Originally Posted by Esox357

Hopefully conservatives will rally behind a real leader like Terry Gawdy, and not further burden themselves with a John Bonehead clone.
Expect more stuff like along the lines of what they did with the VA and are looking to do with Social Security.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/201...-and-pro-gun-officials-press-for-answers

Last month, we reported on a story by the L.A. Times that indicated the Obama White House is eyeing ways to use the Social Security Administration (SSA) as a source of records for NICS, which includes a federal database of persons prohibited from possessing or receiving firearms. One option the story discussed was SSA’s adoption of a model employed by the Veteran’s Administration, which reports to NICS as “adjudicated as a mental defective” beneficiaries who have been assigned a “fiduciary” to manage their benefits. This has resulted in some 177,000 VA beneficiaries being reported as prohibited persons to NICS, without the necessity of any judicial finding whatsoever as to their propensity for dangerous or violent behavior. According to the L.A. Times, a similar move by the SSA would have far broader reach, involving as many as 4.2 million beneficiaries with “representative payees.”
Ms. Colvin (**head of Social Security**) responded to Rep. Johnson’s inquiry in a letter dated Aug. 7. According to that letter, “SSA has not provided any names of beneficiaries to the NICS and is not considering sending names based solely on the beneficiaries having representative payees.” Ms. Colvin did acknowledge, however, that “we are currently determining how we must comply with our NICS reporting obligations under Federal law” and “are looking at possible implementation scenarios.” None of those scenarios, according to Ms. Colvin, “would refer all SSA beneficiaries with representative payees to the NICS.”

A careful parsing of Ms. Colvin’s language, however, still leaves ample room for concern. For example, it does not rule out assignment of a representative payee as factor in reporting beneficiaries to NICS. Rather, it merely states that it will not be use as the “sole” determinant and that not “all” such persons will be reported. This could mean, for example, that SSA would not report beneficiaries who are assigned representative payees solely because they are minors. It also raises the question of what other possible pretext SSA might use to strip its clients of their Second Amendment rights.
If he pulls this crap, the GOP should go to war with his azz on every possible issue. They should engage in every deceptive and malicious political act possible.
Yeah, but to do THAT they'd need BALLS....

Originally Posted by Redneck
If he pulls this crap, the GOP should go to war with his azz on every possible issue. They should engage in every deceptive and malicious political act possible.

That is what they should have been doing all along. It's what they were put in office to do. The Rino leaders Boehner and McConnell cock blocked them at every turn.

Pretty soon we will have reached the point where the remedy for a failed govt will have to come into play.

That is what they should have been doing all along. It's what they were put in office to do. The Rino leaders Boehner and McConnell cock blocked them at every turn.

Pretty soon we will have reached the point where the remedy for a failed govt will have to come into play.

If "the people" don't stand against the Feds stripping Veterans of THEIR 2A rights, then the tactic of "Divide and Conquer" is pretty much assured of success.

Children being born now will likely be forced to choose between turning in the guns I leave to their parents, or being Outlaws.

Damn straight...
Originally Posted by Esox357

yup a two headed coin...
© 24hourcampfire