Home
I'm so f_u_c_k_i_n_g angry.

Might just be the last straw for me.

http://www.redding.com/getout/state-declares-lead-fishing-weights-toxic_54972769

But the little BB-size weights are out there. Sandy Watts, of the Fly Shop in Redding, said the most popular weight they carry is made of tin.

“We sell tin more than we do lead by a long shot,” Watts said.

Even though tin is lighter, many anglers avoid lead because they are concerned about lead in the environment, he said.fa.gs comment about his fly shops customers.

Elitist fa.g....his customers are concerned. Gmafb
Pb a natural element found throughout the earth. How do they intend to rid the world of lead. Only in California soon to come to New York.
Run Salmon run!
Originally Posted by luvrifles
Pb a natural element found throughout the earth. How do they intend to rid the world of lead. Only in California soon to come to New York.

Don't see this comment to often, but its one I use often.

KA is a damn shame. Such a beautiful state in many ways and places totally full of liberal idiots(sorry for the redundancy)

California is usually wrong about everything, but they are consistent.
When is Commufornia going to ban stupidity? They seem to have an overabundance of it.

Already in NY for several years. Hasn't been the end of the world. Those who prefer lead buy it online.
Not many condors flying around in NY either.
I grew up in Redding. The ass hats at that fly shop are the some of the worst elitist idiots I have ever come across.

California just gets dumber and dumber. Thankfull I got out 2 years ago. To bad though. Great hunting and fishing in that state.
I use old spark plugs, nuts and washers for sinkers. Catfish dgaf.
ignore the law....
Exactly. At a certain point the laws become so absurd that they simply demand to be ignored. Use what you want, and don't get caught.

NY already has, all.small fishing weights sold in state are now non lead.

Bigger weights such as down rigger weights can still be lead
This country needs to ban liberals!
All them bastids best buy some walking shoes....if they ban auto bats they gonna be 'hoofin' it!!

Salmonella: Nothing, and I mean NOTHING that is idiotic, ludicrous, lewd, anti-capitalist and anti-American that comes out of kalifornicopia surprises me - and hasn't for at least 20 years!
kalifornicopia is its own reward!
Sad state indeed.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
They tested the water last year when they released that Fish and Wildlife was going to conduct "a study" about lead. California had banned lead wheel weights because Europe did. Wheel weights fall off of car wheels and float downstream harming bunnies and butterflies and multi colored bicyclists and bred in captivity condors yada yada yada. Noticeable exceptions are Prius and Tesla batteries. They are good for the environment and orphans and fair trade coffee farmers who sing "Edelweiss" to the indigenous earthdwellers who magicaly harvest the crop.

It won't stop until Agenda 21 or the most mall friendly California equivalent comes to pass. As for the fly fisherman who got into their hobby by watching "A River Runs Through It", it is all about the dress up and play. If these same people got into hunting they would have matching Kuiu bicycle seats and airling luggage, carry only custom Panda Stolle actions rilfes in 6mm Creedmore ( 6.5 has too much recoil)that they cannot zero by themselves but need certifed Native American guides who will pray over the kill before the hired gunbearers whisk away the game to dress it out of sight of the hired photographers who take phots of the harvest with 15 different options of borders and finish of the retouched photos. Plus the option of the carefully simulated trophies of your kill made with 90% post consumer recycled Prius car seat fabric because we would not really use actual fur as that is insensitive and barbaric.

I'm really ticked off. And my wife won't move either.
Make the brainwashed liberals get the lead outta their asses and find something productive to do and we'd once again have a polite, free, soverign, and productive country to enjoy.

Not to mention intelligent people to enjoy it with.

Because all the ignert fuggers would be busy chopping firewood, darning socks, and scrubbing our undershorts.

Oh, for crying out loud. This state sucks...
Originally Posted by Ranger_Green

Go GREEN!

(liberals first...)

Make your own. Keep watch for any old flat roofed building that's being reroofed. All the old drains are flashed with pure lead that ends up in dumpsters. 10 to 20lb per drain is average.
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Make your own. Keep watch for any old flat roofed building that's being reroofed. All the old drains are flashed with pure lead that ends up in dumpsters. 10 to 20lb per drain is average.

I've got a pail full of 50 cal balls for my flintlock made from mostly those old flashings.

Sewer lines exiting the buildings, too...
Although there's usually more contaminants to skive off the top when melting those.
smile

Can someone please tell my why the legislators in California do not pass a law banning wildfires?

Do they not know how much this year's fires cost and more, how much harm to the environment they have caused?

Banning wildfires would do more to help the environment.
CA's lead ban for all hunting in the state is scheduled to go in effect in 2019. Next attempt will be to ban ALL lead bullets, period. Except, of course, LE.

CA doesn't suck, the cock suckers in power do.
The [bleep] in power are elected by the real demons....a brain dead society.
November 2nd, 1994 was likely the best day of my life. It was the day we left the Bay Area and headed to West Texas.

Sal,

As I have offered previously, if you need toget your wife in the "bush" a bit, my place in the Idaho panhandle awaits.
The left looks desperately to find lead as a problem. From Loons in Maine, to Condors in California. There is not a lot of evidence to actually support a ban, but marketing is everything....I think it was Michigan, where venison donated to meat kitchens was held under scrutiny for toxic matter left behind when hunters shot a deer, thus rendering it unsafe. This was found to be false. Hunting ducks/geese with lead was bad, because of all the birds dying of lead poisoning. This is odd, because I remember there being a lot more birds around in the old days. I suppose it is better for a bird to die a slow death from steel shot, than to die from lead, according to the left. You guys may disagree, but I think lead shot kills a lot better. Strangely, as others have pointed out, Prius batteries do not seem to be a problem. Funny how that works. I for one, am getting pretty tired of hippies running the show. The lefties in charge now, were the hippies of the '60's. Their philosophy failed then, and it is failing now. Now they have money, though, and we lose because ultimately, money is power. The "Golden Rule" comes to mind. Those with the gold, make the rules.
Originally Posted by Salmonella

You'll feel better when you go back to work and think of all the money you've sent those idiots through taxes and continue to send.

My wife and I went to San Diego a couple months ago, we enjoyed our trip and have talked about going back sometime, but I think I have spent my last dollar in California.
Originally Posted by Steelhead

You'll feel better when you go back to work and think of all the money you've sent those idiots through taxes and continue to send.

That statement has bothered me since I first heard you utter the words some time back... frown
The only remedy for that place is a good response from the San Andreas Fault.
Originally Posted by Steelhead

That statement has bothered me since I first heard you utter the words some time back... frown

I love you to death, but at some point you gotta say 'Why am I feeding the machine'
© 24hourcampfire