Home
Posted By: jaytee Target shooting forum - 12/21/15
Was scrolling down through all the forum options here and didn't see anything for target shooting. Could we get one dedicated to shooting paper or banging gongs, ect.?
Posted By: tex_n_cal Re: Target shooting forum - 12/21/15
http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/forums/53/1/Competitive_Shooting
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Target shooting forum - 12/21/15

That's cool...now how about one fer target shooting..... wink
Posted By: Sharpsman Re: Target shooting forum - 12/21/15
Oh...you mean TIN CAN SHOOTING...I guess!!
Posted By: poboy Re: Target shooting forum - 12/21/15
None of these guys can hit the bulls-eye.
The holes are always bunched up 1" high and
they brag about it. wink
All shooting is target shooting unless you are just launching them off into the wild blue yonder!!

Mike
Posted By: jaytee Re: Target shooting forum - 12/21/15
No I dont mean tin can shooting. I'm not talking about competitive shooting or match shooting, I'm talking about target shooting for fun. I didn't think what I was suggesting belonged in the competitive shooting forum.
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
Oh...you mean TIN CAN SHOOTING...I guess!!
Yes it is but not all target shooting is competitive shooting.
Originally Posted by ready_on_the_right
All shooting is target shooting unless you are just launching them off into the wild blue yonder!!

Mike
SHOW us what you're talking about,....

Lotsa' pics and text, please.

.....'cuz you've got more than a few folks very confused here, as to just WTF you're promoting.

GTC
Dont have any pics to load. All I was going to ask was has anyone out there built a trailer for portable target shooting? I'd like to have a way to move a benchrest to various places on my farm to do some shooting at various distances. Just looking for ideas, input and the like.
Originally Posted by crossfireoops

.....'cuz you've got more than a few folks very confused here, as to just WTF you're promoting.

GTC
Posted By: gitem_12 Re: Target shooting forum - 12/21/15
The back of a pick up
Sand bags on cab roof, chair in the back

And a cooler of beer in the box beside ya
No thanks, lookin for something a little more user friendly for the girlfriend and kids.
jaytee we talk about that in whatever forum it fits in HUNTING RIFLES, CUSTOMS, LONG RANGE, VARMINT, COMPETITIVE, AR'S, SINGLE SHOT, RIMFIRES, LEVER GUNS etc, etc

Just throw the thread out there in whatever forum and we will jump in, probably with pics, half truths and statistics maybe a tall tale or two too!

Mike
Posted By: Sharpsman Re: Target shooting forum - 12/22/15
Originally Posted by jaytee
Dont have any pics to load. All I was going to ask was has anyone out there built a trailer for portable target shooting? I'd like to have a way to move a benchrest to various places on my farm to do some shooting at various distances. Just looking for ideas, input and the like.
Originally Posted by crossfireoops

GTC

I pull this one a couple hundred miles every year:

[Linked Image]MobBR by Rick Mulhern, on Flickr
Posted By: vonfilm Re: Target shooting forum - 12/22/15
Try targettalk.org
Posted By: BarryC Re: Target shooting forum - 12/22/15
http://www.6mmbr.com/index.html
Posted By: jaytee Re: Target shooting forum - 12/22/15
Thanks Mike. Sharpsman that looks like a pretty slick setup there.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Target shooting forum - 12/22/15
You missed it. It's right next to the Remington forum.
Posted By: River_Ridge Re: Target shooting forum - 12/22/15
Here's a recent thread about tailgate benchrests. You might get some good ideas from it.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...10549308/Tailgate_benchrest#Post10549308
Posted By: jnyork Re: Target shooting forum - 12/22/15
My portable bench rest. Works just fine.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Posted By: ldholton Re: Target shooting forum - 12/22/15
Was scrolling down through all the forum options here and didn't see anything for target shooting. Could we get one dedicated to shooting paper or banging gongs, ect.?
Don't know your zip , but I have private shooting range , and know most all ranges with in a few 100 mile of here , just what are we looking for ?
Posted By: BPS Re: Target shooting forum - 12/22/15
Here's my squirrel shooting trailer.

Adjustable rifle rests, height adjustable seats. It works pretty good for what I use it for.

Lee

[Linked Image]
Posted By: jaytee Re: Target shooting forum - 12/23/15
I'm just north of Fair Grove on the Greene/Dallas county line. I'd like to find a place where I can shoot at distances maybe like 3-500 yards that is flat. I can shoot out to 400 here on my farm but I'm shooting downhill unless I clear some timber on my ridge. I'm basically shooting across a creek bottom from one hillside to another.
Originally Posted by ldholton
Don't know your zip , but I have private shooting range , and know most all ranges with in a few 100 mile of here , just what are we looking for ?
Posted By: jaytee Re: Target shooting forum - 12/23/15
Thanks River!
Posted By: Seafire Re: Target shooting forum - 12/23/15
Originally Posted by poboy
None of these guys can hit the bulls-eye.
The holes are always bunched up 1" high and
they brag about it. wink

and besides, I still can't recall one posted picture where they actually hit the nickel or dime shown on their target...heck I can't even recall someone hitting the quarter when they post that in the picture either... whistle
Posted By: Seafire Re: Target shooting forum - 12/23/15
Originally Posted by BPS
Here's my squirrel shooting trailer.

Adjustable rifle rests, height adjustable seats. It works pretty good for what I use it for.

Lee

[Linked Image]

Damn Lee,

that's pretty simple and sweet...

all I usually use that's mobile is a blanket thrown over the hood of an old 4Runner, and a bipod... and 4 sand bags to hold down the blanket when its windy...

so I'm a little Fancier than JYork... but not by much... grin

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Pretty Hillbilly Reub Goldberg set up.... but it gets results...

[Linked Image]

17 HMR results...125 yds or so...
Posted By: BPS Re: Target shooting forum - 12/23/15
Yeah, John its pretty nice.

The main reason I got the trailer was for my dad to come along, he's not able to do much walking around anymore, about the only type of hunting he's able to do anymore is ground squirel shooting, so I figured I would make it as easy on him as I could.

Lee
© 24hourcampfire