Home
I never used to get to eat breakfast. I don't like to eat really early in the morning and I always had to leave really early to make the commute. Now I have a short commute and can make breakfast, a meal I have always enjoyed when I could get it. Now however, I'm getting bored with all the standards. Pancakes, french toast, omelets etc. What do you eat for breakfast that's different.
popcorn
Last night's cold chicken-fried venison backstrap, with hot biscuits and home made Mayhaw preserves.

Standard breakfast is two jumbo eggs over medium, plus 4 jumbo whites, a slice of thick bacon, and a "blast" made with carrots, spinach, berries, stevia, and V8.
Steaming hot bowl of oatmeal laced with dryer fruit, berries, honey and cream.
Toasted english muffin or sourdough toast.
+1 on the hot oatmeal. That's my favorite winter breakfast.
Smoked salmon with fresh sliced garden tomatoes in the summer.

Sometimes accompanied by a fresh sprig of dill (from the garden as well) and thinly sliced Vidalia onion.

All piled onto a toasted onion bagel with a thin spread of roasted jalapeƱo cream cheese.

Perhaps some fresh ground pepper and sea salt as well.
Bacon and eggs
Eggs, over easy. About half a dozen of them. Salt and black pepper on them.... (pepper til you nearly can't see the eggs underneath)

Bacon. Thin, and grilled crisp.

Wheat toast either grilled on the griddle in real butter, or broiled in the oven with butter on top. Not too brown.

Apricot preserves for the toast.

Cowboy coffee, or at least very strong and black.

I have all that for supper, though sometimes. wink
menudo
2 eggs sunny side up, bacon (crispy), toast (for dipping in the eggs), home fried potatoes and grits.

Of course biscuits and gravy ain't bad either.
Biscuits and gravy with lots of pepper and ham, or sausage, or bacon.

Never get tired of it, althought I do have hot oatmeal or malt-o-meal occassionaly just for a change so I can appreciate just how good biscuits and gravy really is.

drover
Regardless of what time it is I pretty much never leave the house without eating breakfast.

Bacon and eggs, fry the eggs in the grease of course.

Or sometimes peanut butter on toast with bacon, make a sandwich.

I love biscuits and gravy but rarely ever eat it.
Biscuits and Gravy. Chorizo for the gravy.
Black coffee and buttered toast.
Coarse Ground Grits
Livermush...oh yeah.
I love using 'hot' sausage for the gravy. A fair amount of red pepper really 'kicks' it up.

French toast is great to if you use Eggnog to dip the bread in.
Regardless of the rest, there need to be at least 6 ounces of bacon.
An omlette made with one egg, buttermilk, crumbled bacon, shredded swiss, smoked sea salt and coarse ground black pepper. Whole wheat toast with apricot preserves. Black coffee and a glass of tomato juice.
1) Sausage Mushroom omelet & hash browns....

2) Two fried eggs & cheese grits....

3) Biscuits and Sausage Gravy.....

Bacon and Spinach Quiche ain't bad either as long as someone else has to make it....
Tater tot casserole makes a good breakfast too.

Oh, I forgot my other favorite, Huevos Rancheros
Originally Posted by Steelhead
French toast is great to if you use Eggnog to dip the bread in.

Damn....that's sounds good... grin
Cornmeal pancakes are good too.

I could eat 'breakfast' for every meal. Eggs Benedict rocks. You can always change that up. Fry a few trout then put the poached egg and hollandaise sauce on the fried trout. Etc etc

Biscuits and sausage gravy; crisp, apple-wood smoked bacon, two eggs over (any way but done), and home fries on the side. Grits to boot never hurt. A slice or two of toast ain't bad there, either.

Whole milk, preferably cream still in it, along with.

When I eat breakfast, I eat.
Oh, I forgot my other favorite, Huevos Rancheros

+1.....forgot about that one....it's easy to make too.....
Cornmeal pancakes are good too.

I could eat 'breakfast' for every meal. Eggs Benedict rocks. You can always change that up. Fry a few trout then put the poached egg and hollandaise sauce on the fried trout. Etc etc

Keep talkin'! You're hitting all the right notes!
Eggs, bacon, or sausage, pancakes, or biscuits and gravy.

Sausage and egg biscuit at McD's drive through also rules, plus I frikken love their coffee.
Prime Rib and eggs would be my first choice, followed closely by Huevos Rancheros.
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Sausage and egg biscuit at McD's drive through also rules, plus I frikken love their coffee.

No can do Sam.....closest MickyD's is 32 miles.... smile
Charlie, it's the only fast food place in town. Line for the drive through is usually backed up 10 cars lined up all the way onto the highway.

I only stop in the morning when there is no wait.

Originally Posted by Snake River Marksman
I don't like to eat really early in the morning...

Nor do I - during the work week it's usually something light (mid-morning after a couple cups of coffee). I have low insulin resistance and don't do well with starchy foods so try and avoid them. My go-to for some time has just been fruit (usually an apple), but lately have started eating oatmeal because someone told me I should. I've never been real fond of cereals in general, but I've been mixing Greek yogurt with the oatmeal and enjoy it, plus it adds a little protein to help balance things out.

Weekends are different - I used to eat a lot of pancakes, waffles, French toast etc. but very seldom do anymore. Most weekend meals start with eggs of some sort with a little meat added in. I do love me some good biscuits and sausage gravy... grin
I'm an eggs benedict fan too.. Biscuits and gravy would be next, and a good Ingwe-made breakfast burrito would be in third place! grin
I usually eat two or three different breakfasts.

1 hot oatmeal with honey and cinnamon
2 tenderloin or hot sausage on a biscuit
3 and my favorite 2 single egg ohmlets left a bit runny on one side dumped on top of a single potatoes shredded into a hash brown and 2 hot sausage patties, either tennessee pride brand or farm sausage a friend makes.

If I can't get tennessee pride or the sausage my buddies makes I eat something else. I'm from the south and I hate gravy and biscuits,,, go figure.
Sourdough pancakes with chokecherry syrup is a pretty good dessert style breakfast.
Chit on a shingle,eggs,bacon,cheese grits & coffee.Like all maybe not all at one time.
What is eggs benidict? Heard of it never ate it.
Black coffee everything else is optional...
Waffles and crispy bacon.

Also eggs fried in a hole in pieces of toast with crispy bacon, or just a lot of crispy bacon.

Did I mention I love bacon?
Seafood omelets rock. Whatever we have 'left over. Lobster is a favorite, shrimp and crab etc etc.

Cooking good potatoes is a 'trick' too, you need to get the moisture out of the potatoes. I've cooked them in bacon grease before but generally do it in olive oil.

A whole onion, potatoes in cubes, paprika/salt/pepper. You can peel your potatoes the day before and leave them in an airtight container overnight in the fridge, they will dry out.

I often put them in the microwave for a minute or say and then us a bunch of paper towels to soak out as much moisture from them.

Try crab apple jelly on top of your cornmeal pancakes. YUM.

Don't forget smoked pork chops, great with any breakfast as is venison of course.
Waffles and maple syrup, damn that's good.

Furburger and thighs. What can I say........
Biscuits and gravy is favorite but most often is oatmeal.
You also can't go into a restaurant around here without seeing brains and eggs on the menu (pork brains), but many love squirrel brains and eggs.
I can't really think of anything bad for breakfast.

Hell, a microwaved Don Miguel's breakfast burrito is even pretty good. If you're hungry..
Breakfast is my favorite meal to eat out. If ya get me to a good diner with a waitress who'll call ya Hun, I'll order a plate of pancakes with sides of a smoky sausage and a scrambled egg. Sometimes I'll order bacon soft instead of sausage.

At home, I'll make a healthy bowl of oatmeal with cherry infused craisins (dried cranberries) liberally (sorry to use that word) sprinkled with cinnamon and sometimes with a tablespoon of real maple syrup added. Stir it all up well. Good! Buttered toast, scone or slice of banana bread always makes a nice and welcome addition.

ps If I'm in a diner in PA and see scrapple on the menu I'll have a slice of that, it's good, but man that stuff will clog your arteries fast. Oh, and there are times when eggs over easy and a mess of corned-beef hash crispy fried in a pan is perfection.
Fried ham with red-eye gravy and eggs is excellent too! smile
Originally Posted by seal_billy

English muffin (toasted), Canadian bacon, poached egg and hollandaise sauce.

I but some crawfish in the hollindaise sauce.

[Linked Image]
I do love a sausage egg and cheese McGriddle, but the nearest Golden Arches is 45 miles away!
Originally Posted by cooper57m
Breakfast is my favorite meal to eat out. If ya get me to a good diner with a waitress who'll call ya Hun,

Yep - there's a place a couple blocks from me here in town - best breakfast I've had and if you spend 6 bucks - you can skip lunch.

They close at 2 just because that's what they want to do - breakfast. Typical place with the old guys talking fishing all over the place.
Huevos Rancheros

[Linked Image]
Hey Ingwe,
What goes into the breakfast burrito?
Asparagus Frittata (we grow the asparagus)

[Linked Image]
The Junction Special - 2 eggs, any style - 2 sausage patties - 2 slices thick bacon - 2 8" pancakes - black strong coffee. Issack's Cafe Junction Tx.
Fried eggs over medium (yellow runny, white not runny), biscuits and white gravy, grits or home fries, and a sliced home grown tomato. If jam or jelly, make it peach or strawberry. Milk and coffee. miles
Smoked salmon, cream cheese and onion on a bagel

[Linked Image]
venison steak rolled in flour,with the right amount of garlic,and over easy fried eggs.
just had it the other day,out standing.
Originally Posted by Snake River Marksman
Hey Ingwe,
What goes into the breakfast burrito?

Oh man there used to be this place where we'd get them in San Antonio - sausage, eggs, cactus, bacon and a little hot sauce.

INSANELY cheap - was nothing for guys to pitch in and come back with 50 of them. Pass them out in the building.

Probably not a place where you'd want to inspect the kitchen but I don't care - those suckers were like crack. Addicting.
Chili egg nachos

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by gophergunner
Furburger and thighs. What can I say........

your such a romantic......
Hash doesn't make anybody's list? Really?
Asparagus Frittata (we grow the asparagus)

[Linked Image]

I'd be on that like a fat kid on a cupcake!
Originally Posted by NH K9
Hash doesn't make anybody's list? Really?

Oops, forgot that one too. I LOVE hash, cooked crispy.
Yeah, should have stated "crispy".....nothing worse than "soft" hash!

Corned beef or flannel..... I don't care!
I'm just glad nobody said SPAM
Originally Posted by teal
Breakfast is my favorite meal to eat out. If ya get me to a good diner with a waitress who'll call ya Hun,

Yep - there's a place a couple blocks from me here in town - best breakfast I've had and if you spend 6 bucks - you can skip lunch.

They close at 2 just because that's what they want to do - breakfast. Typical place with the old guys talking fishing all over the place.

That's my kind of place!! I love to find them places when on the road. Locally we have a place like that 10 min down the road. The waitress is a big woman, but she calls ya "Hun". Makes ya feel at home.

Quiz - What do they call Canadian bacon in Canada?
Love me some venison heart and grits!

[Linked Image]
I am like a cave man!!!! I just eat what ever I had left over from the night before...
I very rarely eat breakfast but when I do it is a veggie and Swiss cheese omelet with shredded hash browns, sausage and cheddar on a bagel or chilaquiles.
All good stuff folks,

Myself, maybe steak and eggs at #1 but a machaca omelet, chorizo and eggs, or pork chop and eggs, chilaquiles, leftover pizza, and a few others rank right up there.

I didn't see anyone else mention it, so I'd overall have to say my ultimate, favoritest, breakfast is...

the one YOU'RE buying! wink

Geno

PS, Ed, you beat me to it with the chilaquiles. And Happy Birthday too, yesterday maybe?
Lots of good breffes items. The one I make the most is 2 eggs over medium (in a 6" CI skillet so they form a single unit) then laid on top of toasted home made bread. S&P and chop it.

That's my kind of place!! I love to find them places when on the road. Locally we have a place like that 10 min down the road. The waitress is a big woman, but she calls ya "Hun". Makes ya feel at home.

Ham?

This is the place just 3 blocks from my place.

Kunkel's Korner
My favorite camping dish is spam and pickled eggs and more spam.

Diner food is corned beef hash or biscuits and gravy.

Travis
Favorite at home dish is left over pot roast with a beef gravy and fried eggs.

Travis
2 eggs scrambled, bacon, hashbrowns and toast with strawberry jelly...hot coffee
My grandma's German pancakes. Wish I would have asked her what she put in them because I havent been able to duplicate.

Ham?

This is the place just 3 blocks from my place.

Kunkel's Korner

In Canada they call it Peameal bacon or Back bacon. The place near me is called Felicia' Little Diner and they have a sign on the wall that says "No WiFi, talk to each other."

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Felicias-Little-Diner/153888614653129

Kinkel' looks good but almost too fancy for me. I like the tin can diners. Getting harder to find.
Menudo, Posole and Asado and eggs.

English muffin (toasted), Canadian bacon, poached egg and hollandaise sauce.

I but some crawfish in the hollindaise sauce.

[Linked Image]

Like a open faced egg mc muffin with sauce. Sound ok, what's the sauce like/consist of?
my first choice will be breakfast over a camp fire. Dutch Oven biscuits, sausage gravy, a skillet full of bacon, a cast iron pot of cheese grits, a bottle of Pure cane syrup, and a tub of butter.
Leftover pizza warmed in the microwave. Not my favorite, but it'll do.

Can't conceive of missing breakfast.

Paul
Granola & Buttermilk!

- - V - - Mmmm! Grape Nuts.
Grape Nuts
B and g, sausage patty, 2 eggs over easy.
Originally Posted by Paul39
Leftover pizza warmed in the microwave. Not my favorite, but it'll do.

Can't conceive of missing breakfast.

Paul

Sounds like me in a hurry, but replace the pizza with a corndog.
Huevos rancheros...

Close second are wheat toast with avocado spread and fried egg on top or biscuits and gravy...

Bacon with them all....
Favorite: 3 eggs over easy, really crisp nearly burnt bacon, hashbrowns, with toast and peach preserves.

Second Favorite: Biscuits and Sausage Gravy.

My Lazy ass breakfast: I just open a can of whompum biscuits and pop em in the oven, and mix 1/2 Karo Syrup and 1/2 Jiffs Peanutbutter together to dip the Biscuits in. Along with a really cold glass of milk.

Or If I'm traveling, McD's Sausage Egg McMuffin x 2.
I would pick country ham! I love the salt cured ham, but am a really long ways away from any supply. Fresh biscuits and country ham is mighty hard to beat.

Add some eggs and grits and you have a breakfast to remember.
we have our own chickens, so eggs. every possible way you can think of to cook them. it's hard to keep up with them layin' 3-4 dozen eggs a week!

Like a open faced egg mc muffin with sauce. Sound ok, what's the sauce like/consist of?

Egg yokes in a double boiler, whisk the hell out of them then put in melted butter/lemon juice and cayenne pepper and whisk the hell out of that.

3 eggs over medium with 2 slices of bacon and wheat toast and a big glass of milk. Or oatmeal with raisins, cinnamon, vanilla and sweetened with brown sugar and maple syrup and two pieces of wheat toast with honey. Or pancakes made with cinnamon, raisins, vanilla, and coconut!!
I ain't too particular,...but I'll fug somebody UP over sloppy, slimy aigs.

They'll make me grab fer a bootcher knife,...I've never knowed why. They just do.

Egg yokes in a double boiler, whisk the hell out of them then put in melted butter/lemon juice and cayenne pepper and whisk the hell out of that.

Gonna try that.
Corned beef hash with a couple eggs is pretty damn good on occasion.
All time favorite is Chicken fried steak, biscuits and gravy, and over easy eggs mixed in with some hashbrowns. If I'm cookng breakfast for the family, it's often some pancakes, eggs and sausage or bacon. Often when it i just me making for myself, it will be some eggs over easy on toast, or eggs over easy on top of some grits with cheese and crumpled up bacon.
Chorizo un Huevos con Pappas,Flour tortillas,pickled serrano peppers...Menudo...ScottyO.
Been wanting huevos rancheros for years. The local Mexican places are all "authentic" and not what I like. But a bloody ribeye, sunnyside up eggs, and homefries with onion, plus black coffee, sounds pretty good
X 2 sand billy...ScottyO... laugh
Two over easy, crisp, corned beef hash, toast, butter & peach jam. Or flapjacks, with a fried egg on top, sausage and of course LOTS of coffee, black
Weekends I like bacon and eggs with hashbrowns and a couple pancakes. However on weekdays I don't have anywhere near enough ambition to do that before work. I eat the same thing I've eaten every weekday for probably 3-4 years now. Two pieces of some kind of bread with all sorts of seeds and stuff in it, thick layer of peanut butter and stack banana slices as thick as I can. Glass of milk to wash it down and I'm off to work.
Favorites below in no order all with strong black coffee:
Plate of corned beef hash with 4 sunny side eggs on top
Biscuits and sausage gravy
Squirrel gravy and biscuits
oatmeal with butter and toast
Pork brains and eggs scrambled
BBQ kid goat and tortillas
Chicken fried steak and sunny side up eggs and white gravy
Black tea and toast

Good thing I only eat breakfast about 1 day a week, strong black coffee on the other days
Forgot to add hot cornbread with cream and blackstrap
All sounds pretty good-
easy on the pepper
can't do tomatoes, or tomato juice
Have NO idea what livermush is- but sounds disgusting frown
Most all else above included -especially if I can use Danny L's maple syrup - if you haven't tried it - you're missing out smile
My favorite is probably eggs Benedict. My wife and I cook eggs Benedict on Thanksgiving and Christmas morning and a couple other times during the year. I do the HollandIse sauce and the poached eggs and she takes care of the Canadian bacon and the English muffins. We've got our timing down pretty well so everything's ready at about the same time.

On normal weekends, I'll usually cook corned beef hash, a couple of poached eggs and a slice of toast. On my plate I divide the corned beef hash into two piles and put one poached egg on one pile and the other poached egg on the toast. The second pile of corned beef hash is reserved for a little ketchup.
Eggs Benedict is what I get when eating at a cafe or restaurant that serves it. It is a couple of poached runny eggs with a sauce that I don't know how to make on top of canadian bacon on top of english muffins.

My favorite breakfast at home when there is plenty of time, like a (Saturday morning). From scratch homemade biscuits baked not too brown, just enough to be done inside and melt in your mouth. Fried crisp mesquite smoked thick bacon. Fried runny eggs over easy with plenty of jam or preserves, a glass of orange juice and cup of freshly brewed colombian coffee.

But during the week I usually just eat something like a bowl of oatmeal with a piece of whole grain toast.
Originally Posted by poboy
The Junction Special - 2 eggs, any style - 2 sausage patties - 2 slices thick bacon - 2 8" pancakes - black strong coffee. Issack's Cafe Junction Tx.

Mike, you ever eat breakfast at the Bluebonnet Cafe ove in Marble Falls ? It used to be pretty damn good, but I have not eat there in the last 3 or 4 years.
Wow!! Eleven pages and note one vote for a Scramble, eggs, onions, potatoes, peppers, tomatoes and probably a couple of other things from the fridge chopped up and thrown in a big cast iron skillet and cooked until they just look right.

A couple of pieces of buttered toasted bread (your choice), some salsa on top of the Scramble and you don't need to eat for the rest of the day. Quick to fix and real staying power.

drover
For more than fifty years I was married to one of the worlds best cooks so I never made any attempt to learn anything at all about cooking so now when I saddle up my camper and head for parts unknown, I make lots of scrambled eggs and spam. But if I spend the night where there is a McDs, I go in usually for sausage and egg muffin or two. Also enjoy their coffee and free WiFi. Once in a while pancakes.

Some of the breakfasts that I have really enjoyed were what we had at our campfire get together last year in Tonto Basin. Looking forward to that again pretty soon.
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by poboy

Mike, you ever eat breakfast at the Bluebonnet Cafe ove in Marble Falls ? It used to be pretty damn good, but I have not eat there in the last 3 or 4 years.

Oh Junktown, Texas. What a place...
Something I enjoy occasionally is a slice of apple pie and a chunk of sharp cheddar cheese-along with a pot of strong black coffee.

Always look forward to slicing a ripe homegrown tomato to go with bacon, eggs and toast.

Originally Posted by cowdoc
Something I enjoy occasionally is a slice of apple pie and a chunk of sharp cheddar cheese-along with a pot of strong black coffee.

Always look forward to slicing a ripe homegrown tomato to go with bacon, eggs and toast.

Apple pie with rat trap cheddar, yea baby
All time favorite is one biscuit split with sausage gravy, and 2 eggs over medium on top.

A great alternate is 3 over medium with bacon and American fries browned with onion and pepper. Serve with a side of hot buttered whole wheat toast.

Another goody is hash browns with pepper and onion and topped with sausage gravy. 2 over medium on the side or on top.

When the grandkids show up, we do sausage and very thin pancakes with real maple syrup.

I also do what my wife calls virtuoso oatmeal. Old fashioned oatmeal started a bit thin in boiling water and allowed to thicken as the water cooks off at a low simmer. Add dried fruit of your choice as the oats start to thicken. Serve with toasted english muffins and fruit preserves.

If I'm in a real hurry I simply grab a clif bar, a banana or an orange, and a bottle of water.
Bacon...applewood smoked of course....lots of bacon and
either hashbrowns or a bagel or pancakes...and bacon...
I REALLY like bacon!
I'll swap some sausage for the bacon once in a while if SWMBo is up and craving sausage....
The first morning stop I make when I arrive at my place in Idaho is the Hoot Owl Cafe. I have had no better breakfast anywhere.
warm beer and cold pizza
I love breakfast.

Eggs, bacon, sausage, hash browns or potatoes of near any sort. Steak fried or grilled, ham, fried chicken....

Eggs Benny, quiche, breakfast cassaroles, mimosas, bloody maries!

Corned beef hash! Oh man...I love corned beef hash with poached eggs!

Kielbasa and fried potatoes with onions!

Any kind of pie! French toast! Waffles, pancakes, cornbread and honey!!!

Biscuits with a thin piece of salty country ham tucked inside and hot black coffee.

Grits!! Oh damn...grits and some runny fried eggs with bacon is so good.

Scrapple! Fried crisp and a drizzle of maple syrup is the chit.

I gotta go to bed just so I can wake up and fix me some breakfast!
Eight scrambled eggs, 1# bacon, 4 biscuits with jelly, and 3 cups coffee!!

That'll bout do!
Alright, a couple things I don't like for breakfast:

Seafood. I love it, most all of it, just not for breakfast.

The next is very specific- Liver pudding and buckwheat pancakes.

I was just a little guy visiting grams in PA, and dad asked if I wanted pudding and pancakes for breakfast. Hell ya!

Disappointed wouldn't begin to cover my reaction.
At home, eggs over easy, crisp bacon and hash browns or better yet, hash brown casserole (with onions and cheese).

Eating out: Pecan pancakes in addition to the above at Cracker Barrel. It's called the Granny Sampler, but it's not on the menu.

Fast food, burrito meal at Mickey D's.
My favorite breakfast is ebelskivers. They are Danish, kind of like a pancake in a ball. Some people fill them with jam or chocolate. I like them plain with some sugar. And cooked very lightly with the middle just a little doughy.

I also love a Macdonald's coke in the morning with a sausage mc griddle. That can't be good for me, thank goodness I don't get it much.
Originally Posted by Ralphie
My favorite breakfast is ebelskivers. They are Danish, kind of like a pancake in a ball. Some people fill them with jam or chocolate. I like them plain with some sugar. And cooked very lightly with the middle just a little doughy.

There's a little place in Post Falls ID, I think it's called the European Diner that serves ebelskivers and other Scandinavian delights. Delicious!!
Chicken fried steak and hashbrowns all smothered in white gravy with some sourdough toast on the side.
Haven't had it in quite a while. But, when my grandmother was alive and I was a lot younger, it would have to be steam fried quail with gravy, fried eggs with a lot of black pepper on everything and biscuits. Yum . Yum.
Large ham steak, 4 Extra Large eggs (sunny side up), Hash Browns or Potato's, Biscuits & Gravy, plenty of Tabasco, large glass of V-8 or milk, coffee.

Some times on the weekends I'll add some Hotcakes.

Phil
Toasted peanut butter and bacon sandwich.
I guess if I've got to pick one, it'd be sausage gravy and biscuits, grits, home fries and a couple over easy eggs.
Buttermilk pancakes & peanut butter.

Since nobody has responded, or I missed it if they did, what you call "Canadian Bacon", we in Canada call "Back Bacon."
#1 - Medium rare ribeye, two eggs over easy, crispy hashbrowns or grits, biscuits, coffee, and a glass of whole milk.

#2 - Buckwheat pancakes, peach preserves, 1/2lb thick-sliced hickory smoked bacon, big glass of whole milk, coffee.

#3 - Huevos Rancheros, green chili sauce, crispy hashbrowns or home-fries, fresh made flour tortillas, coffee.

Ed
breakfast quesadilla with steak (scrambled eggs, diced fried potatoes, colbyjack cheese, left-over steak meat diced and home-made hot sauce or salsa)

tex-mex migas (fried tortilla with scrambled eggs, onions, jalapenos, tomatoes, cheese and ham with salsa)

corned beef hash, eggs over medium, biscuits - toast will do

home-made deer patty sausage with pancakes or waffle, milk

smoked deer sausage with over medium eggs, biscuits and home-made fig preserves, milk

grit bowl a.k.a. breakfast in a cup (grits, egg of your choice, cheese, crumbled sausage - or chopped ham or crumbled bacon)

hashbrowns with diced ham, onion, tomato, cheese and chili (waffler house scattered, smothered, chunked, topped and diced) with a coke

grilled cheese with bacon and tomato

steak and eggs with dry toast, peach preserves, o.j.

steaming hot cathead biscuit with sausage gravy

biscuit with sausage gravy with eggs over medium atop, o.j.

scrambled eggs, bacon, buttered toast, apple juice

oatmeal with dry toast and sausage patty

oatmeal with brown sugar, cinnamon, dried apples, raisins, milk or cream

oatmeal with sugar, butter, milk or cream, buttered toast, o.j.

scrambled eggs with leftover shish kebabs diced in, dry toast, juice

trix or fruity pebbles, buttered toast, o.j.

raisin bran, buttered toast, o.j.

s.o.s.

leftover pot roast with gravy on dry toast (open face sandwich)
Originally Posted by twofish
Livermush...oh yeah.

+1
Liver mush fried crispy with eggs over medium

Second choice would be fried sliced hog jowls
Chorizo and egg burrito with cheese or Chicken Fried Steak and eggs with home fries.

But I usually eat oatmeal.

BMT
almost forgot

home-made tomato gravy over hot steaming split biscuit with crisp, thick-cut bacon

^^^above^^^ with eggs over medium

country ham fried, red-eye gravy in the middle of a bowl of grits, biscuit with over medium eggs, strawberry preserves

fried rabbit or squirrel with gravy and biscuits

venison backstrap seasoned with a hint of garlic powder, salt & pepper, fried. served with eggs over medium and hot biscuits

home-made cinnamon rolls with a hint of orange zest in the icing

this is weird but strangely good - buttered toast, grape jelly spread over it, very thin slice of deli ham, 4 dill pickle slices. sweet jelly compliments the salt of the ham and the tartness of the pickles crazy

anything is fair game for breakfast
1/2 English muffin toasted cover with butter a over easy egg on that then a scoop of sausage/reg beef country gravy over that an then top with another jumbo over easy egg... Along side that go my hashbrowns and sausage or bacon and the other 1/2of the muffin >>so I can make a sammie if I want /or use as a shovel !
Old fashion/course oatmeal ,wit milk an plenty of brown sugar and some toasted white bread to pile it on and eat like a open face sammie.. Dam I'm getting hungry!!
Originally Posted by twofish
Livermush...oh yeah.
Or if you're a Yankee....scrapple. With OE eggs!
© 24hourcampfire