Home
Posted By: shrapnel Cam Newton POS - 02/07/16
Super Bowl is nothing but a commercial enterprise born in the days that athletes were actually looked up to and boys wanted to emulate. I have never been much of a spectator, but on rare occasions when my leg is on ice and there are no rabbits, I find myself watching this spectacle.

I also grew up singing patriotic songs in school and reciting the pledge of allegiance. The Super Bowl starts with the "Star Spangled Banner" which represents everything great about America and that Puke of a Cam Newton can't even pay attention to the song and hold his hand over his pathetic heart. I hope he gets his ass kicked...
Posted By: 280shooter Re: Cam Newton POS - 02/07/16
He was hugging the one he loves most.
Posted By: handwerk Re: Cam Newton POS - 02/07/16
Somehow I've gotten by without T.V. for the last 23 years.....good points shrapnel...pro sports are pretty much hollywood to me.
Back in the day( mid 70's) , as a kid I used to be able to sit with vikings players on the bench at some practices, hang out with them at meals and looked up to some of those guys, now days there's not much to "lookup" to when it comes to current athletes.
Posted By: kingston Re: Cam Newton POS - 02/07/16
Yea, he's an arrogant classless punk. It's disgraceful.
Posted By: kingston Re: Cam Newton POS - 02/07/16
Well there you go, strip sack fumble TD!
Posted By: Wyogal Re: Cam Newton POS - 02/07/16
Originally Posted by kingston

With all he should be grateful for, living in America, indeed young and arrogant. Too famous too soon. Life being what it is, expect karma is imminent.
Posted By: saddlering Re: Cam Newton POS - 02/07/16
You got that right Shap! I also hope he get knocked flat!
Posted By: UNCCGrad Re: Cam Newton POS - 02/07/16
Speaking of POS, that face mask by Talib was deliberate.
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: Cam Newton POS - 02/07/16
Originally Posted by UNCCGrad

Talib is a POS , dirty cheap shot POS with a room temperature IQ
Posted By: 79S Re: Cam Newton POS - 02/07/16
So when is a coach going to pull talb to the side and tell him to stop acting like an ass
Posted By: CrimsonTide Re: Cam Newton POS - 02/07/16
Talib must have put his money on Carolina to win. He's so far the best player they have.
Posted By: RufusG Re: Cam Newton POS - 02/07/16
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Super Bowl is nothing but a commercial enterprise born in the days that athletes were actually looked up to and boys wanted to emulate. I have never been much of a spectator, but on rare occasions when my leg is on ice and there are no rabbits, I find myself watching this spectacle.

I also grew up singing patriotic songs in school and reciting the pledge of allegiance. The Super Bowl starts with the "Star Spangled Banner" which represents everything great about America and that Puke of a Cam Newton can't even pay attention to the song and hold his hand over his pathetic heart. I hope he gets his ass kicked...

Not to mention he was wearing a hat during the SSB.
Posted By: HawkI Re: Cam Newton POS - 02/07/16
You bet it was.

It reminded me of football....

Long live the Night Train!
Posted By: shrapnel Re: Cam Newton POS - 02/07/16

This is about Cam Newton, start your own thread about what you don't like, but leave this about Cam and what a pathetic un-American puke he is...
Posted By: Stormin_Norman Re: Cam Newton POS - 02/07/16
Cam is a arrogant little pr!ck, he will flame out soon enough.
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Cam Newton POS - 02/07/16
I've got nothing to add but here's an Amish buggy.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: whipholt_wahoo Re: Cam Newton POS - 02/07/16
It's a penalty once you touch the face mask.might as well make the tackle
Posted By: Cleburne Re: Cam Newton POS - 02/07/16
Can not stand cam, would like to see him get his bell rung tonight.
Posted By: walt501 Re: Cam Newton POS - 02/07/16
CBS color commentators are so in the tank for Camie, hate the bias.
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Cam Newton POS - 02/07/16
Of course Cam is a flamboyant clown, everybody knows that.

I was thinking earlier that if I had a son and we were watching the game(anthem neck grab) that I would tell him that is not how it's done.

Of course my imaginary son would already know how to show respect.

All kinds of people have no class when it comes to the National Anthem, I did however think that Lady Gaga did a fine job.
Originally Posted by fluffy
It's a penalty once you touch the face mask.might as well make the tackle

Might as well roll out the amish buggy....

It might come as a surprise, but showboating is best regulated by violent enforcement, not some overpaid, overprotected queer begging the ref to laundry a victory.

I miss the NFL.

Posted By: SamOlson Re: Cam Newton POS - 02/07/16
I hate over the top showboating, especially taunting.
Its not a bad thing; it used to follow with reciprosity between the whistles.

Thats long gone. The [bleep] are just warming up.
Posted By: jimy Re: Cam Newton POS - 02/07/16
There is a reason you'll never see taunting in hockey.
Posted By: 4ager Re: Cam Newton POS - 02/07/16
Originally Posted by jimy

[Linked Image]
Posted By: rost495 Re: Cam Newton POS - 02/07/16
Originally Posted by HawkI

Must have been a chit sport too when you were in it.

Sure glad I decided as a teenager that sports was better participated in than watched. Especially as everyone in pro got way overpaid, arrogant and so on...

I'd rather go shoot a rifle match any day than watch sports on TV. Just like hunting shows... time better spent hunting fishing or about anything than watching.
Its pretty much became a schit sport when certain positions couldnt get hit like everyone else.

Those positions now have the largest amount of schit talkers and showboaters.
Posted By: 338rcm Re: Cam Newton POS - 02/07/16
So far the POS hasnt got to do much showboating, hope it stays that way!!
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Cam Newton POS - 02/07/16
Originally Posted by rost495

Sure glad I decided as a teenager that sports was better participated in than watched. Especially as everyone in pro got way overpaid, arrogant and so on...

I'd rather go shoot a rifle match any day than watch sports on TV. Just like hunting shows... time better spent hunting fishing or about anything than watching.

You're just pissed because women aren't allowed to play in the NFL..
Posted By: MontanaMan Re: Cam Newton POS - 02/07/16
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
Cam is a arrogant little pr!ck, he will flame out soon enough.

Yes, he is & oh, I hope so.

Can't stand the tacky POS.

MM
Posted By: crossfireoops Re: Cam Newton POS - 02/07/16
I Love(d) playing sports,...never been much of a spectator.

*Don't own a TV ( last one was SHOT ).
*Don't know who 'Cam Newton" is, and DGAF
*Agree that if he's setting a bad example regarding respect for old and revered American tradition he should be sanctioned.

Do hope that for all of you that are enthusiasts, it's been an enjoyable game.

....just in from boring O-1 Drill rod to accept custom ground piloted bits that were ground on a custom grinder built here,...the bits will be silver brazed into the drill rod extensions, and used to bore out an original Bridgeport Sharps, prior to relining it.

....my idea of "sport" these days pretty much being centered around SHOOTING SPORT, and the tools therefor.

GTC.

Posted By: cotis Re: Cam Newton POS - 02/07/16
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I've got nothing to add but here's an Amish buggy.

[Linked Image]

Damn, I laughed out load at this one!

Steelhead for the win!
Nice game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well, looks like the little POS won't be getting a SB ring this year & he was the goat beside for fumbling & then pussying out on the recovery attempt. What a guy................

MM
Originally Posted by rost495

You're just pissed because women aren't allowed to play in the NFL..

He' s never apparently encountered a showboating schit talker at a match, either...

The nice thing about football was you could still administer a physical beating.
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Well, looks like the little POS won't be getting a SB ring this year & he was the goat beside for fumbling & then pussying out on the recovery attempt. What a guy................

MM

Yes sir what a pussy , he let down his teammates.
Cam's going to be a crow eatin sumbich this week.
Posted By: ribka Re: Cam Newton POS - 02/07/16

Here ya go

http://www.monistat.com/

Played a weak schedule and finally Cam had to face a real defense

I watch less and less pro sports. I miss the 70's and 80's ( too young to remember earlier times)

Football becoming a feminized reality show

A good hit used to be just a good hit. Now we have an analysis of possible physical harm repercussions and projected guilt and a self absorbed celebratory dance.
Originally Posted by ribka

A good hit used to be just a good hit. Now we have an analysis of possible physical harm repercussions and projected guilt and a self absorbed celebratory dance.

Right on there........someone else mentioned Dick "Night Train" Lane earlier, I can just imagine Cammie boy breaking into a Night Train led secondary..........he woulda immediately been clotheslined & no penalty would have been called either. Little Cammie would be so anxious to run the ball anymore after that.

Today that would be a season long suspension.

MM
Posted By: dennisinaz Re: Cam Newton POS - 02/07/16
I was disgusted by his antics and lack of respect for the country and his teammates. What a jerk. A loss on the biggest stage in the world proved it to everyone.
Posted By: Stormin_Norman Re: Cam Newton POS - 02/07/16
Cam needs to take some lessons from wilson, manning, rodgers and what it means to be a leader with some class.

I'm looking forward to Manning retiring and Brock Osweiler getting the full time job. Brock Osweiler is a local kid that graduated high school with my son.
Posted By: jmo1754 Re: Cam Newton POS - 02/07/16
Did you guys see him throw himself on the ground after the holding penalty at the end ?
Posted By: curdog4570 Re: Cam Newton POS - 02/07/16
Originally Posted by MontanaMan

Right on there........someone else mentioned Dick "Night Train" Lane earlier, I can just imagine Cammie boy breaking into a Night Train led secondary..........he woulda immediately been clotheslined & no penalty would have been called either. Little Cammie would be so anxious to run the ball anymore after that.

Today that would be a season long suspension.

MM

Cliff Harris of the Cowboys was out of the same mold as Night Train.

I would love to see all those dreadlocks on the field with Dick Butkis an Howie Long. They would have been walking off the field with handfuls of hair...
Posted By: UNCCGrad Re: Cam Newton POS - 02/07/16

Here ya go

I watch less and less pro sports. I miss the 70's and 80's ( too young to remember earlier times)

Cam acted like a total POS no doubt, left his team hanging by not diving on the ball.

Regardless of how you feel about Cam, that schit by Talib has no place in professional sports. If you condone that crap you're just as bad as him. Grabbing someone by the face mask and attempting to throw them 10 yards is a dick move at best. Talib is just as big a POS as Cam is on the field. Don't know about off the field but I can say that Cam does do a lot for the greater Charlotte community with kids. He has a lot of maturing to do, hopefully sooner rather than later.

The difference in today and back in the 70s is that the guys are much bigger, faster and stronger. The league has realized they will be paying through the nose for future lawsuits if they didn't step up and give some protection to players. When you have 280 lb monsters that run 4.5 40s, it's a dangerous game despite the best equipment available.
Posted By: Paul_C Re: Cam Newton POS - 02/07/16
Shrapnel - I used to respect you, but you obviously know nothing about Cam Newron.

Iron Mike Ditka has a message for you

http://youtu.be/xALkB1ruBw4
Posted By: lynntelk Re: Cam Newton POS - 02/07/16

100% in agreement.
Posted By: PPosey Re: Cam Newton POS - 02/07/16
90% of my workplace was pulling for Carolina,,, can't wait to yell How about them Broncos in the morning,,,, Cam was shut down and shut out,,,, I really wanted to see him get the stuffin knocked out just once tonight,,,
Posted By: Bigfoot Re: Cam Newton POS - 02/07/16
Cam just walked off..
Posted By: Dixie_Rebel Re: Cam Newton POS - 02/07/16
Cam Newton's post game interview is simply horrible! He acted like an immature baby! He didn't take any responsibility and he showed no class at all.
I don't know the guy. I left Bama before his time at Auburn and all I know him from is his NFL performance and giving TD balls away( I start Fb games at kickoff). Grow up bro.
Posted By: donsm70 Re: Cam Newton POS - 02/07/16
Originally Posted by kingston

I couldn't agree more, but he is FAR from the worst!

Can you spell Jones or Burfect? I am not sure that I can either, but it is not worth my time looking up!

donsm70
Posted By: VarmintGuy Re: Cam Newton POS - 02/07/16
Shrapnel: You are more than likely right about the young athlete Cam Newton but you are DEAD WRONG about the Super Bowl!
150,000,000 (one hundred and fifty million!) fans watched this athletic event with great anticipation and enthusiasm!
And they do so EVERY year.
And the Super Bowl is THE greatest sporting event IN THE WORLD!
You don't get 150,000,000 (one hundred and fifty million!) people to watch a "commercial enterprise!
All the various "commercial enterprises" associated with the Super Bowl are just along for the ride.
And this, are YOU saying young athletes DON'T look up to Peyton Manning?
Well IF you are then you are again, DEAD WRONG.
Long live pro-football and the Super Bowl.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Roll Tide!
And players are making tten times or more money now. The protective gear, regs is much better now and play is much safer with new regs.

Play one year and can retire for life.players are paid commiserate with risk. You have combat troops making one per cent of pro players saleries and I am a former combat vet. I knew the risk and ai t complaining

American football is morphiing into non violent European football ( soccer)

I like seeing players pushing the new passive regs

I'll watch golf if I want boring non physical play

Cam is an immature, non team playing, self centered loser and the NFL fans saw this today

Speaking of POS,

that face mask by Talib was deliberate.

Here ya go

Cam acted like a total POS no doubt, left his team hanging by not diving on the ball.

Regardless of how you feel about Cam, that schit by Talib has no place in professional sports. If you condone that crap you're just as bad as him. Grabbing someone by the face mask and attempting to throw them 10 yards is a dick move at best. Talib is just as big a POS as Cam is on the field. Don't know about off the field but I can say that Cam does do a lot for the greater Charlotte community with kids. He has a lot of maturing to do, hopefully sooner rather than later.

The difference in today and back in the 70s is that the guys are much bigger, faster and stronger. The league has realized they will be paying through the nose for future lawsuits if they didn't step up and give some protection to players. When you have 280 lb monsters that run 4.5 40s, it's a dangerous game despite the best equipment available.
Posted By: Kodiakisland Re: Cam Newton POS - 02/07/16
Originally Posted by Dixie_Rebel
Cam Newton's post game interview is simply horrible! He acted like an immature baby! He didn't take any responsibility and he showed no class at all.

Showed his true color, that's all. Same POS he's always been.
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: Cam Newton POS - 02/07/16
Ditka's gonna be pissed at a buncha you guys.......
Posted By: Sharpsman Re: Cam Newton POS - 02/07/16
Showed his ass has no class! And he doesn't have enough of what it takes to learn a lesson from this and turn it into a positive change.....for the better! Most times in life...arrogrant bastards wind up with their noses in the dirt....and getting kicked in their azz! Anyone with class would have thanked their organization for the opportunity to have their association, thanked the coaches in spite of not winning, and then given credit to the Bronco organization for winning and playing a good game!! ZILCH....coming from him! Now he can go home and pout on his pillow!!

Good riddance!!

Posted By: BeanMan Re: Cam Newton POS - 02/07/16
^^
Yeah that Peyton Manning is such an upstanding guy.

WOnder how they kept this out of the headlines.

Altar Boy Peyton Manning
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

Altar Boy Peyton Manning

And here we go-

Are the grapes really sour this evening?

It's just a game.
Posted By: Kodiakisland Re: Cam Newton POS - 02/07/16

Altar Boy Peyton Manning

That make you feel better about loving you some Cam?
Posted By: stomatador Re: Cam Newton POS - 02/07/16
I think Cam showed his colors when he pulled up instead of diving after his fumble. It may have been a good business decision but it sucked as a teammate, football player and man.
Posted By: 338rcm Re: Cam Newton POS - 02/07/16
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2016/02/07/cam-newton-super-bowl/

Altar Boy Peyton Manning

And here we go-

It's just a game.

No sour grapes, Hats off to Denvers Defense. Manning was totally ineffective and that despite the HGH.
Posted By: Ringman Re: Cam Newton POS - 02/07/16
To start with I will plead ignorance of who these players are. I watch football to see good plays. When Cam threw five interceptions in a row I suggested to the other guy watching the game at my daughter's house, "It's time to put in the second string quarterback." He said, "I don't think so. Cam is the MVP of the NFL this year." I didn't say anymore. I don't care who is whom. If they aren't cutting it put someone else in. They can't do any worse and may turn the game around. If he was white, from what I saw, he would not have received the award.

Cam reminded me of my brother-in-law when he didn't go for the fumble. He could throw the ball eighty yards going into college. But the first time the ball was hiked to him and he saw those big guys coming at him he fell on the ball.
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Shrapnel: You are more than likely right about the young athlete Cam Newton but you are DEAD WRONG about the Super Bowl!
150,000,000 (one hundred and fifty million!) fans watched this athletic event with great anticipation and enthusiasm!
You don't get 150,000,000 (one hundred and fifty million!) people to watch a "commercial enterprise!
All the various "commercial enterprises" associated with the Super Bowl are just along for the ride.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Sorry, but it is the biggest production of the year. How do 150,000,000 people know about if it isn't advertised and built up the entire year, not just during the football season.

You may be too young to remember when the Rose Bowl was played in California with no commercial attachment to it. What is it or any bowl game referred to now? The Super Bowl is more commercialized than Christmas anymore, further emphasizing that continued economic connection behind the Super Bowl and all other sports as well.

Failure to recognize it for what it is, is similar to thinking you still can't find 22 ammunition anywhere...
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland

Altar Boy Peyton Manning

That make you feel better about loving you some Cam?

Cam is a self absorbed POS QB who needs to mature, learn how to throw a ball with touch and be a leader. He possesses none of those traits. He consistently overthrew, underthrew , overpowered ball after ball. You are mistaking me for a Carolina fan first of all, I just live here and thought I would root for the team since they don't visit the SB very often.
39year old Manning

Sounds like a real weak selfish cheating type of man

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9...peyton-manning-recovery-shoulder-surgery

Like I said sour grapes. Cam is an immature loser with no respect from his teammates

Im not a Denver fan or even a current NFL fan but I have great respect for those who pay their dues over the years and overcome adversity.

Altar Boy Peyton Manning

And here we go-

It's just a game.

No sour grapes, Hats off to Denvers Defense. Manning was totally ineffective and that despite the HGH.

Altar Boy Peyton Manning

And here we go-

It's just a game.

he was cut for a reason by the Colts.. he had 20 million reasons each year to continue to play football even though he was washed up.
Posted By: sidepass Re: Cam Newton POS - 02/07/16
After seeing his pathetic lack of professionalism on field we see it confirmed in his post game interview. Needs a bitchslapping by the team he plays for. Can't call it "his team".
Posted By: rifletom Re: Cam Newton POS - 02/07/16
Hmmm, wonder what Jack Lambert would have thought or done with Cammy Baby? Friggin' puke.
Posted By: 700LH Re: Cam Newton POS - 02/07/16
Posted By: BOWHUNR Re: Cam Newton POS - 02/07/16
Originally Posted by jimy

After playing the game from seven until twenty+ years old there is plenty of taunting in hockey. On every face off, after every whistle, name it. The difference is, most all hockey players have iq's higher than the surface of the ice and can deal with it...laugh it off in most cases and let the scoreboard have the last word.

Mike
Posted By: byc Re: Cam Newton POS - 02/07/16
Coop...you and me...on the ice brother!! grin

No taunting! Just giant smoked turkey legs across the face!!

How about my Caps!!??
Posted By: sandcritter Re: Cam Newton POS - 02/07/16

Cam is a self absorbed POS QB who needs to mature, learn how to throw a ball with touch and be a leader. He possesses none of those traits. He consistently overthrew, underthrew , overpowered ball after ball ....

Pretty much sums it up but would like my say.

Auburn's "Scam" Newton. A douchebag so unabashedly self-absorbed and classless, but with obvious athletic potential, the organization (evidently, IMO) trying to rehab his image by having him give TD balls to kids in the front row. But tune into ANY interview of the guy to get the real deal. Or during the singing of the SSB, if you prefer.

Was in disbelief (ok, guess not really these days) at his recent interview essentially putting himself on a victim-pedestal, on how "people aren't ready for a black quarterback as good as me." Really??? Because none of us have ever rooted for a QB that had a different skin color, or is it that there's never - according to scam newton - been a black QB who measures up to his delusions? Either way, while he may have physical and athletic talent so too is he a f'n azzhat of the first order and I took delight in watching his smug face replaced by a dazed and confused far-off stare while a viciously effective defense handed him his azz repeatedly. And I don't even particularly like the damn Bronco's beyond cheering for the underdog this year.

Oh, no worries, Scam, I'm sure it'll be someone else's fault by morning.
Posted By: Craigster Re: Cam Newton POS - 02/07/16

Perfect example of a punk ass, no class, crybaby loser.
Posted By: BOWHUNR Re: Cam Newton POS - 02/07/16
My nephew Reed is a big Caps fan. Several years ago at one of his tournaments I bought him a replica Ovechkin jersey from the winter classic game on a silent auction. He wore that thing out and I am still uncle of the year because of it!

Mike
Posted By: byc Re: Cam Newton POS - 02/07/16
Caps did okay today. They're leading all others and strong but those damn FL boys bother me.

Thinking the big O and boys can handle all others.

Come on out for a game.
Originally Posted by sidepass
After seeing his pathetic lack of professionalism on field we see it confirmed in his post game interview. Needs a bitchslapping by the team he plays for. Can't call it "his team".

He might have lost just a few players on the team that bust their azz to win. He thought he could waltz in there and have the Broncos lay down.
Posted By: luv2safari Re: Cam Newton POS - 02/07/16
You bet it was.

Tackle them High! He was a great cornerback.
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Cam Newton POS - 02/07/16
I like watching Cam play. Just an athletic freak.

Got his azz handed to him tonight. He was beat up before they even got to halftime.
Posted By: LostHighway Re: Cam Newton POS - 02/07/16

Altar Boy Peyton Manning

Want some cheese to go along with those sour grapes?

My how things change....

[video:youtube]http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-netwo...st-Feared-Tacklers-Dick-Night-Train-Lane[/video]

FWIW, Lane played at pretty much the same size as Akib Talib....in the 1950's....

[video:youtube]http://prod.www.lions.clubs.nfl.com...ane/9e2d4397-3fcd-4262-a653-3b396579c4a3[/video]

Rant on.
Originally Posted by luv2safari
You bet it was.

The best.

He covered, he tackled. A complete corner; complete football player...

Still can't believe players like Deion Sanders garner mention in the same sentence.
he was cut for a reason by the Colts.. he had 20 million reasons each year to continue to play football even though he was washed up.

Thats it. I'm calling shenanigans.
Posted By: MontanaMarine Re: Cam Newton POS - 02/07/16
Not an ounce of self-discipline in is body.

Glad he got schooled.

You bet it was.

The best.

Still can't believe players like Deion Sanders garner mention in the same sentence.

Deion was a complete chit bird. Cam has a loooong way to go to out douchebag Neon Deion.
Originally Posted by MadMooner
I like watching Cam play. Just an athletic freak.

Got his azz handed to him tonight. He was beat up before they even got to halftime.

His athletic talent is off the charts; but question his maturity and toughness.

Jesus, Bart Starr, Roger, Terry, Joe and even Brett got hit more in one quarter than these guys today do in several games.
The Phil Simms commentary cracked me up.

There are some real Barney Badasses out there physically, but many don't hold up when getting hit.

If we're going to play this PC BS, give me Doug Williams over the Scam in a SB any day.....
I won't question his physical toughness. He's one of the very few that don't slide every time they cross scrimmage.

Mentally, he is a marshmallow.
I won't question his physical toughness. He's one of the very few that don't slide every time they cross scrimmage.

Mentally, he is a marshmallow.
Originally Posted by Paul_C
Shrapnel - I used to respect you, but you obviously know nothing about Cam Newron.

Iron Mike Ditka has a message for you

http://youtu.be/xALkB1ruBw4

I still harbor respect for our shrapnel; he' pretty in tune to nonsense and horschidt. Perhaps Iron Mike is just pimpin' for the bosses or just lovin on his former player....]

Here's some unadulterated, unpaid view on Scammy...

"But later, when Butkus answers questions in front of the Touchdown Club, he says he does not like Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton, and imitates Newton pointing after he picks up a first down.
His audience laughs nervously. Butkus is an icon. Newton is their quarterback, a quarterback undefeated six games into this season.
Butkus says his wife, Helen, walked past the television when Newton was celebrating and asked what he was doing. Butkus told her. She kept walking. Helen isn’t a fan, either.
Butkus comes from a time when, if a good play was celebrated, it was celebrated after a game. He comes from a time when a concussion was a headache. He comes from a time when a team’s best players played on special teams."-The Charlotte Observer 10-30-15

I saw him slide tonight, only to get up and talk schidt.

For as big as he is, he ain't no Bobby Douglass....
Posted By: 280shooter Re: Cam Newton POS - 02/07/16

[Linked Image]
Dick Butkus would love to have played against Cammie..........just sayin'.

Regardless of position, Butkus was the best football player I've ever seen.

MM
Posted By: JGray Re: Cam Newton POS - 02/07/16
I'm not a Broncos fan but my MIL is - she's 84 and in very poor health. She doesn't see or hear well so I've been watching the Bronco games with her this year to explain what's going on. She's been in the hospital since before Christmas and I thoroughly enjoyed the game today. At one point I told her the Broncos defense was handling things well but needed to knock that smart ass grin off Cam's face. Not two plays later, the camera zoomed in on him and that big grin was long gone. Truly made my day grin
Posted By: Birdwatcher Re: Cam Newton POS - 02/08/16
American football is morphiing into non violent European football ( soccer)

grin

Here ya go....

Anyways, I am happy the Superbowl turned out to be a game after all, and not a walkover.

And Mr Newton and those who would idolize him learned a useful lesson.

Kudos to the Broncos, and congrats to Peyton Manning, what a great way to close out a career cool

Birdwatcher

Posted By: DigitalDan Re: Cam Newton POS - 02/08/16
Superbowl I was a better game.
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: Cam Newton POS - 02/08/16
You bet it was.

The best.

Deion Sanders is the best cornerback to have ever put on cleats. You know nothing of football if you think otherwise. What happened did he destroy your team all by himself. On and Off the field total class.

list of top corners
Posted By: 222Sako Re: Cam Newton POS - 02/08/16

Your wish has been granted laugh grin cool
Posted By: poboy Re: Cam Newton POS - 02/08/16
White people just aren't ready recognize what a great
black quarter-back he is.....he says.
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Cam Newton POS - 02/08/16
Rush Limbaugh was fired from ESPN because of what he said about the Eagle's QB Donovan McNabb, and the NFL's desire to have Black QB become the best QB in the NFL. Look at how the NFL, ESPN, and the rest of the media have gone crazy over Wilson, Kapernick, Newton, and Winston.....they desperately want a Black guy to become the next Brady or Manning. Newton was never as good as they tried to make us believe, and the first time he went up against a good defense, we saw that. He acted like a spoiled brat, and I hope his stock fell so low, we never hear about him again.
Posted By: whitedogone Re: Cam Newton POS - 02/08/16
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Nope, that would be the World Cup.
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Cam Newton POS - 02/08/16
You bet it was.

The best.

Deion Sanders is the best cornerback to have ever put on cleats. You know nothing of football if you think otherwise. What happened did he destroy your team all by himself. On and Off the field total class.

list of top corners

That might be the funniest thing I've read all year!!!!
Posted By: milespatton Re: Cam Newton POS - 02/08/16

I could not stand Deion, even when He played for the team that I liked, but He was one of the great corners. If you decided to throw a ball in his direction, an interception was likely. He was also very good at punt returns. He was an azzhat, but a gifted athlete that played baseball and football at the same time when at Atlanta. miles
Posted By: Bigfoot Re: Cam Newton POS - 02/08/16
I can't believe the disgusting white privilege attitude I see here on the fire.

Posted By: Bigfoot Re: Cam Newton POS - 02/08/16
My liver hurts..
Posted By: Joseywales Re: Cam Newton POS - 02/08/16
Any Given Sunday - Jami Foxx's character when he first takes over the team. If that's not Cam, I don't know what is. I'm rooting neither for, nor against, Cam's success, but if he can mature as the character did, he could be something. The short term question is, will "this" team play for him again?

Posted By: HawkI Re: Cam Newton POS - 02/08/16
You bet it was.

The best.

list of top corners

Are you twenty like the guy who made that dumb assed list?

Deion wouldnt tackle a sock blowing at him in the wind. GTF out with that idiot child list.

Jerry Glanville also thought Lane was the best as well. I think he was the guy who coached Prime Time, but then I dont know anything....

Run support is pretty important for a corner, or so Ive heard.
Hard to be the "best" when you wont do half the job...
Posted By: mohick Re: Cam Newton POS - 02/08/16
someone said "the N F L" condones this sure they do who do you think their fan base is?? all the gheto trash and hood rats that can steal a tv to watch and idolize freaks like FIG NEWTON
Posted By: jorgeI Re: Cam Newton POS - 02/08/16
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Rush Limbaugh was fired from ESPN because of what he said about the Eagle's QB Donovan McNabb, and the NFL's desire to have Black QB become the best QB in the NFL. Look at how the NFL, ESPN, and the rest of the media have gone crazy over Wilson, Kapernick, Newton, and Winston.....they desperately want a Black guy to become the next Brady or Manning. Newton was never as good as they tried to make us believe, and the first time he went up against a good defense, we saw that. He acted like a spoiled brat, and I hope his stock fell so low, we never hear about him again.

THIS...
Posted By: bea175 Re: Cam Newton POS - 02/08/16
Another cry baby black who got his ass handed to him in the World Spot Light. He showed his true color.
Posted By: Penobscot_99 Re: Cam Newton POS - 02/08/16

My Sentiments Exactly !
Originally Posted by MadMooner
You bet it was.

The best.

list of top corners

That might be the funniest thing I've read all year!!!!

Bring up any off the field incident concerning him and then proceed to tell me of a CB that is 6'2 205 and runs a 4.2 40. He shut down 1/2 the field something most cannot do these days if at all.

On Field he was special both in Football and Baseball but his private life was his private life and he did an outstanding job with his kids and mentoring other kids.
Posted By: isaac Re: Cam Newton POS - 02/08/16
I think it's all pretty sad that Newton chooses to taint what could have really been a significant role model and one of the greats legacies.
You bet it was.

The best.

list of top corners

Are you twenty like the guy who made that dumb assed list?

Deion wouldnt tackle a sock blowing at him in the wind. GTF out with that idiot child list.

Jerry Glanville also thought Lane was the best as well. I think he was the guy who coached Prime Time, but then I dont know anything....

Run support is pretty important for a corner, or so Ive heard.
Hard to be the "best" when you wont do half the job...

No I am 62 and I don't call people names when they don't agree with me . Greatest shutdown corner that ever played. IDGAF what Jerry Glanville said or most likely didn't say. 6-2 205 CB's that shutdown 1/2 the field and run a 4.2 40 don't grow on trees.
Originally Posted by isaac
I think it's all pretty sad that Newton chooses to taint what could have really been a significant role model and one of the greats legacies.

I know they just signed him to a huge contract but if I were the GM I would put him on the skids and look for another QB , I just don't think you can change an attitude like that.
Posted By: renegade50 Re: Cam Newton POS - 02/08/16
poor little black superman got his azz kicked by a swarming overwhelming defense
and goes away all bent outta shape and boo-boo face

hahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaa!!!!!!
Posted By: wilkeshunter Re: Cam Newton POS - 02/08/16
Rather than dump Cam, I see them continuing to work on his character. They have a lot invested and his skill set is something that they won't want to give up on. If he has a series of off the field issues then he is likely toast.
Posted By: Old_Toot Re: Cam Newton POS - 02/08/16

Too true. He could have took it like a man and really had a chance to project himself positively. But he's young and now the fawning media will have to do it for him..
Posted By: jimy Re: Cam Newton POS - 02/08/16
He is an awful lot like Obama, in his actions and opportunities.

Both are embarrassing failures.
Posted By: poboy Re: Cam Newton POS - 02/08/16
Cam on Cam: "I'm an African-American quarterback and that may scare alot of people because they haven't seen nothing that they can compare me to". frown
Posted By: 6MMWASP Re: Cam Newton POS - 02/08/16
The Denver D knocked some of the cockie out of him for sure, He needed it.
Posted By: kenjs1 Re: Cam Newton POS - 02/08/16
I am holding out faith that perhaps this hard lesson in humility works, like it has for a good many before, to reshape this young man into a better version of himself. A long, hard, and needed look in the mirror.

I am no fan of the 'wonder of me' types but find a somewhat elevated enjoyment in rooting for the reformed.
Originally Posted by kenjs1
I am holding out faith that perhaps this hard lesson in humility works, like it has for a good many before, to reshape this young man into a better version of himself. A long, hard, and needed look in the mirror.

I am no fan of the 'wonder of me' types but find a somewhat elevated enjoyment in rooting for the reformed.

Why would he change, he believes he is God like, and it was his team mates that let him and his greatness down.
Posted By: shrapnel Re: Cam Newton POS - 02/08/16
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
Rather than dump Cam, I see them continuing to work on his character. They have a lot invested and his skill set is something that they won't want to give up on. If he has a series of off the field issues then he is likely toast.

Working on his character is like working on a 747 at a Ford Dealership. First there needs to be character to work on. Cam is so full of himself because he has a physical gift that allows him to play football at an elevated level.

All his fans and sports fans for the most part only care about results and not how to get them. This has long been a problem in professional sports and all the characteristics of athletes take back seat to their individual skill and they are tainted from the unrealistic amount of money that comes with the position.

Paying some athlete millions$ for throwing or catching a ball, then charging the public $5,000.00 to watch is just what is wrong with sports today. Whatever happened to a father taking his son to the ball park on a Saturday and buying a couple hot dogs and enjoy a game without refinancing their home...
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Cam Newton POS - 02/08/16

Paying some athlete millions$ for throwing or catching a ball, then charging the public $5,000.00 to watch is just what is wrong with sports today. Whatever happened to a father taking his son to the ball park on a Saturday and buying a couple hot dogs and enjoy a game without refinancing their home...

I hear that! Just like how a dad use to be able to take his son out plinking with his 22LR and not have to refinance the house buy 22 ammo from some guy in Montana.

The IRONY is FUNNY as f&ck.
Posted By: 4ager Re: Cam Newton POS - 02/08/16
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter

Working on his character is like working on a 747 at a Ford Dealership. First there needs to be character to work on. Cam is so full of himself because he has a physical gift that allows him to play football at an elevated level.

All his fans and sports fans for the most part only care about results and not how to get them. This has long been a problem in professional sports and all the characteristics of athletes take back seat to their individual skill and they are tainted from the unrealistic amount of money that comes with the position.

Still plenty of opportunities to go to a ballgame on a Saturday or Sunday. Unless you want the 50 yard line, or a private box, during a playoff (or championship) game, you're not going to be anywhere near $5k for a ticket.
Posted By: Just a Hunter Re: Cam Newton POS - 02/08/16
shrapnel

Sadly this is common even in our local high-school sports. A few years ago I went to a game and observed several adults and teens walking around doing the National Anthem. However, during the many high-school games I went to in MN to see my nephews play, everyone during every game was standing paying the proper respect.

Posted By: shrapnel Re: Cam Newton POS - 02/08/16
Originally Posted by Just a Hunter
shrapnel

Sadly this is common even in our local high-school sports. A few years ago I went to a game and observed several adults and teens walking around doing the National Anthem. However, during the many high-school games I went to in MN to see my nephews play, everyone during every game was standing paying the proper respect.

I guess this is what is truly bothersome, we have gotten so selfish in our daily lives to think everything is about us and respect for significance that once made this country so great, has decayed to the point, many people don't even notice anymore...
So many of them don't deserve to enjoy any of the "greatness" that America is, or offers us all.

They certainly don't deserve or have any thing to do with our Countries greatness, they will go through their own miserable unrewarding lives never even knowing what they missed.

The best part of it is, that most of them are rewarded by dying young.
Posted By: HawkI Re: Cam Newton POS - 02/08/16
No I am 62 and I don't call people names when they don't agree with me . Greatest shutdown corner that ever played. IDGAF what Jerry Glanville said or most likely didn't say. 6-2 205 CB's that shutdown 1/2 the field and run a 4.2 40 don't grow on trees.

No schidt...

Its even rarer to find one who tackled and intimidated the run as well.

Deion was specialized as a corner.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Cam Newton POS - 02/08/16
... Jesus, Bart Starr, Roger, Terry, Joe and even Brett got hit more in one quarter than these guys today do in several games .....

Well, it's his own fault; he should have given more thought to pass protection when he selected the apostles.

No schidt...

Its even rarer to find one who tackled and intimidated the run as well.

Deion was specialized as a corner.

Exactly. Deion was the best shutdown corner of his era, perhaps ever. He was a truly gifted athlete, in both football (as a shutdown corner and return man) and baseball). He was NOT the best all-around corner, though, because he couldn't/didn't tackle and wasn't physically intimidating to receivers or in the running game. There's no insult there, as he's one of the best to every play the game at the CB position; just not "the" best and certainly not the best all-around.
Posted By: MontanaMan Re: Cam Newton POS - 02/08/16

I've come to expect nothing more from him & his tribe.................

He is not alone.

MM
Posted By: LostHighway Re: Cam Newton POS - 02/08/16
Originally Posted by stomatador
I think Cam showed his colors when he pulled up instead of diving after his fumble. It may have been a good business decision but it sucked as a teammate, football player and man.

I've watched that replay from a few different angles. And yes instead of diving for the ball he JUMPED BACK. That will not sit well with his teammates, fans or coaches.
Posted By: Raeford Re: Cam Newton POS - 02/08/16
He's a kid on a big stage that had smoke blown up his ass for the past month+. He'll grow up, watch.

P.S. I am not a CM nor Panthers fan.
Posted By: kenjs1 Re: Cam Newton POS - 02/08/16
Time will tell. Hope oyu are wrong and he turns around his image.

I loved the Play 60 commercial a year or so back with the little blond kid talking to him about how he could be drafted #!, play QB for panthers and Cam could be his backup and Cams mom would be his biggest fan etc... Remember the kid stretching saying" I'm just loosening up my arm".
Posted By: gerry35 Re: Cam Newton POS - 02/08/16

I hear that! Just like how a dad use to be able to take his son out plinking with his 22LR and not have to refinance the house buy 22 ammo from some guy in Montana.

The IRONY is FUNNY as f&ck.

Or have to get a new cat because someone killed it for no good reason.....
Originally Posted by LostHighway
Originally Posted by stomatador

I've watched that replay from a few different angles. And yes instead of diving for the ball he JUMPED BACK. That will not sit well with his teammates, fans or coaches.

Yeah I bet the significance of that is lost on Newton but not on some of his teammates. He might have lost a lot of the warriors the Panthers do have .
I bet loose ball drills in training camp will be interesting.
© 24hourcampfire