Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
He is an awful lot like Obama, in his actions and opportunities.

Both are embarrassing failures.

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Cam on Cam: "I'm an African-American quarterback and that may scare alot of people because they haven't seen nothing that they can compare me to". frown

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The Denver D knocked some of the cockie out of him for sure, He needed it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I am holding out faith that perhaps this hard lesson in humility works, like it has for a good many before, to reshape this young man into a better version of himself. A long, hard, and needed look in the mirror.

I am no fan of the 'wonder of me' types but find a somewhat elevated enjoyment in rooting for the reformed.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by kenjs1
I am holding out faith that perhaps this hard lesson in humility works, like it has for a good many before, to reshape this young man into a better version of himself. A long, hard, and needed look in the mirror.

I am no fan of the 'wonder of me' types but find a somewhat elevated enjoyment in rooting for the reformed.

Why would he change, he believes he is God like, and it was his team mates that let him and his greatness down.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
Rather than dump Cam, I see them continuing to work on his character. They have a lot invested and his skill set is something that they won't want to give up on. If he has a series of off the field issues then he is likely toast.

Working on his character is like working on a 747 at a Ford Dealership. First there needs to be character to work on. Cam is so full of himself because he has a physical gift that allows him to play football at an elevated level.

All his fans and sports fans for the most part only care about results and not how to get them. This has long been a problem in professional sports and all the characteristics of athletes take back seat to their individual skill and they are tainted from the unrealistic amount of money that comes with the position.

Paying some athlete millions$ for throwing or catching a ball, then charging the public $5,000.00 to watch is just what is wrong with sports today. Whatever happened to a father taking his son to the ball park on a Saturday and buying a couple hot dogs and enjoy a game without refinancing their home...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by shrapnel

Paying some athlete millions$ for throwing or catching a ball, then charging the public $5,000.00 to watch is just what is wrong with sports today. Whatever happened to a father taking his son to the ball park on a Saturday and buying a couple hot dogs and enjoy a game without refinancing their home...

I hear that! Just like how a dad use to be able to take his son out plinking with his 22LR and not have to refinance the house buy 22 ammo from some guy in Montana.

The IRONY is FUNNY as f&ck.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
Rather than dump Cam, I see them continuing to work on his character. They have a lot invested and his skill set is something that they won't want to give up on. If he has a series of off the field issues then he is likely toast.

Working on his character is like working on a 747 at a Ford Dealership. First there needs to be character to work on. Cam is so full of himself because he has a physical gift that allows him to play football at an elevated level.

All his fans and sports fans for the most part only care about results and not how to get them. This has long been a problem in professional sports and all the characteristics of athletes take back seat to their individual skill and they are tainted from the unrealistic amount of money that comes with the position.

Still plenty of opportunities to go to a ballgame on a Saturday or Sunday. Unless you want the 50 yard line, or a private box, during a playoff (or championship) game, you're not going to be anywhere near $5k for a ticket.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
shrapnel

Sadly this is common even in our local high-school sports. A few years ago I went to a game and observed several adults and teens walking around doing the National Anthem. However, during the many high-school games I went to in MN to see my nephews play, everyone during every game was standing paying the proper respect.

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Just a Hunter
shrapnel

Sadly this is common even in our local high-school sports. A few years ago I went to a game and observed several adults and teens walking around doing the National Anthem. However, during the many high-school games I went to in MN to see my nephews play, everyone during every game was standing paying the proper respect.

I guess this is what is truly bothersome, we have gotten so selfish in our daily lives to think everything is about us and respect for significance that once made this country so great, has decayed to the point, many people don't even notice anymore...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
So many of them don't deserve to enjoy any of the "greatness" that America is, or offers us all.

They certainly don't deserve or have any thing to do with our Countries greatness, they will go through their own miserable unrewarding lives never even knowing what they missed.

The best part of it is, that most of them are rewarded by dying young.

H
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
No I am 62 and I don't call people names when they don't agree with me . Greatest shutdown corner that ever played. IDGAF what Jerry Glanville said or most likely didn't say. 6-2 205 CB's that shutdown 1/2 the field and run a 4.2 40 don't grow on trees.

No schidt...

Its even rarer to find one who tackled and intimidated the run as well.

Deion was specialized as a corner.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by HawkI
... Jesus, Bart Starr, Roger, Terry, Joe and even Brett got hit more in one quarter than these guys today do in several games .....

Well, it's his own fault; he should have given more thought to pass protection when he selected the apostles.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by HawkI
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
No I am 62 and I don't call people names when they don't agree with me . Greatest shutdown corner that ever played. IDGAF what Jerry Glanville said or most likely didn't say. 6-2 205 CB's that shutdown 1/2 the field and run a 4.2 40 don't grow on trees.

No schidt...

Its even rarer to find one who tackled and intimidated the run as well.

Deion was specialized as a corner.

Exactly. Deion was the best shutdown corner of his era, perhaps ever. He was a truly gifted athlete, in both football (as a shutdown corner and return man) and baseball). He was NOT the best all-around corner, though, because he couldn't/didn't tackle and wasn't physically intimidating to receivers or in the running game. There's no insult there, as he's one of the best to every play the game at the CB position; just not "the" best and certainly not the best all-around.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by isaac
I think it's all pretty sad that Newton chooses to taint what could have really been a significant role model and one of the greats legacies.

I've come to expect nothing more from him & his tribe.................

He is not alone.

MM

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by stomatador
I think Cam showed his colors when he pulled up instead of diving after his fumble. It may have been a good business decision but it sucked as a teammate, football player and man.

I've watched that replay from a few different angles. And yes instead of diving for the ball he JUMPED BACK. That will not sit well with his teammates, fans or coaches.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
He's a kid on a big stage that had smoke blown up his ass for the past month+. He'll grow up, watch.

P.S. I am not a CM nor Panthers fan.

FJB & FJT
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Time will tell. Hope oyu are wrong and he turns around his image.

I loved the Play 60 commercial a year or so back with the little blond kid talking to him about how he could be drafted #!, play QB for panthers and Cam could be his backup and Cams mom would be his biggest fan etc... Remember the kid stretching saying" I'm just loosening up my arm".

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Steelhead

I hear that! Just like how a dad use to be able to take his son out plinking with his 22LR and not have to refinance the house buy 22 ammo from some guy in Montana.

The IRONY is FUNNY as f&ck.

Or have to get a new cat because someone killed it for no good reason.....

Gerry.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by LostHighway
Originally Posted by stomatador
I think Cam showed his colors when he pulled up instead of diving after his fumble. It may have been a good business decision but it sucked as a teammate, football player and man.

I've watched that replay from a few different angles. And yes instead of diving for the ball he JUMPED BACK. That will not sit well with his teammates, fans or coaches.

Yeah I bet the significance of that is lost on Newton but not on some of his teammates. He might have lost a lot of the warriors the Panthers do have .

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

492 members (222Sako, 308xray, 29aholic, 12344mag, 1badf350, 10ring1, 40 invisible), 1,722 guests, and 1,185 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,010
Posts18,520,643
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.