Home
His "thug meter" is rising.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...-leaves-super-bowl-50-postgame-interview
Whiny, pouty, Biotch
Just showing what the new "N"FL has become.
The new face of the NFL? I sure as hell hope not.
Sounds about right from the childish arrogant interview I saw part of prior to the game.

Phug em.
Newton is just a petulant N@@@@GGER.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Disagree. I'm not one to paint with that broad a brush. There are some good players out there that understand the media and sportsmanship.

Cam on the other hand strikes me as another Vick about to happen.
Peyton's 39, Cam is 26. Cam has a lot to learn, and being a gracious loser will need to be something that he needs to learn. I'm sure he has sponsors/ marketing people that are "expalianing" to him that his poutiness cost him money and hurts his image more than he knows. He can't be all smiles in victory and petulent in defeat.

OTOH, I thought Peyton went way out of his way to give Budweiser a shout out. That was almost NASCAR-like. I sure hope we don't start getting post game interviews like that regularly.

"I want to than the Home Depot/Red Bull Offensive line for my protection and I gotta say that the Wrangler Jeans/Match.com Defense was strong today....."
Poor winner\loser. Big mouth.
[Linked Image]
I guess ole FIG NEWTON'S vision of greatness he has in his own mind just didn't work out for him!! nuckin figger
I believe Newton thought he was unbeatable and worse than that thought he was entitled.
Originally Posted by Pugs

Disagree. I'm not one to paint with that broad a brush. There are some good players out there that understand the media and sportsmanship.

You are kidding, right?

I don't watch much football.

But, I watched last night, and was reminded of why..

The arrogance, taunting, and unsportsmanlike behavior is not being displayed not after a touchdown, but after every play now. Every play.

And obviously the NFL allows it.
Any Given Sunday - Jami Foxx's character when he first takes over the team. If that's not Cam, I don't know what is. I'm rooting neither for, nor against, Cam's success, but if he can mature as the character did, he could be something. The short term question is, will "this" team play for him again?
Originally Posted by hatari
Peyton's 30

I'm sure alotta Broncos fans wish that was the case. He's 39.
As you can see by my avatar, I'm not a Panthers fan. But to explain Newtons abrupt leaving: Certain players of each team are required, win or lose, to face the press for at least 3 minute after the game.A VERY loooooong 3 minute for Cam last night. cry
Peyton's 30, Cam is 26. Cam has a lot to learn, and being a gracious loser will need to be something that he needs to learn. I'm sure he has sponsors/ marketing people that are "expalianing" to him that his poutiness cost him money and hurts his image more than he knows. He can't be all smiles in victory and petulent in defeat.

OTOH, I thought Peyton went way out of his way to give Budweiser a shout out. That was almost NASCAR-like. I sure hope we don't start getting post game interviews like that regularly.

"I want to than the Home Depot/Red Bull Offensive line for my protection and I gotta say that the Wrangler Jeans/Match.com Defense was strong today....."

I think Peyton is 39.
NBN.....Poor Cam
Originally Posted by hillbillybear
Newton is just a petulant N@@@@GGER.

Reminds me of another niqqer.........BELICHICK. Couldn't talk to him either after a loss.
Originally Posted by Pugs

You are kidding, right?

I don't watch much football.

But, I watched last night, and was reminded of why..

The arrogance, taunting, and unsportsmanlike behavior is not being displayed not after a touchdown, but after every play now. Every play.

And obviously the NFL allows it.

No, I'm not kidding. Other than going to a couple O's games a year the NFL is the only pro sport I watch. Watch a season worth and you'll see both ends of the spectrum when it comes to sportsmanship and behavior on and off the field.

There are some real thugs out there and some real solid players who understand sportsmanship. With almost 1700 players in the league that's not a surprise.
Cam has a lot of growing up to do.
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
Peyton's 30

I'm sure alotta Broncos fans wish that was the case. He's 39.

Typo
Cry baby, cry baby suck your thumb.
When football players start looking like Butkus, Staubach, Peyton, Smith, Lilly, and coaches like Lombardi, Landry, Knoll, etc, call me...But, I am SO glad Denver won....
Originally Posted by bigwhoop

This Black POS refused to put his hand over his heart during the singing of the National Anthem and deserved to have his ass handed to him by Denver Defense. I loved it. Just more Getto Trash in the NFL in my opinion.
Originally Posted by jorgeI
When football players start looking like Butkus, Staubach, Peyton, Smith, Lilly, and coaches like Lombardi, Landry, Knoll, etc, call me...But, I am SO glad Denver won....

Yes. there are far too many over paid petulant pompous asses out there.
Trying to shift the negative focus from Cam to Peyton is a lot like the communists and the emails.

I sure hope SuperCam forgets where he played college ball. They have enough trouble on the plains. I can't help but wonder how long AU and their alumni will regret being the highest bidder.
Originally Posted by Bama_Rick
Trying to shift the negative focus from Cam to Peyton is a lot like the communists and the emails.

I sure hope SuperCam forgets where he played college ball. They have enough trouble on the plains. I can't help but wonder how long AU and their alumni will regret being the highest bidder.

They bought themselves a National Championship. That's all that mattered.
They ought to take his MVP away after such poor sportsmanship. It went beyond being upset over a loss. They ended their season 15-2, best record. He should have still held his head up after that but no. My dislike just became epic.
To paraphrase Denny Green...

He is who we thought he was.
Cam's demeanor represents the Obamanation perfectly!
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
....Denny Green...

He is who we thought he was.

Now THAT'S how you go off the rails in a postgame interview. Best NFL rant ever.
Cam isn't really a thug. By NFL standards he is pretty much a saint. But he is seriously spoiled. He had some really unusual raising. His parents raised him almost like he was some sort of messianic figure. Seriously, you need to check it out. Honestly, it is amazing he is as normal as he is. I don't think he will ever mature to the point that he looks good in situations like this because his self image has been so fricked up from day one of his life.
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Cam isn't really a thug. By NFL standards he is pretty much a saint. But he is seriously spoiled. He had some really unusual raising. His parents raised him almost like he was some sort of messianic figure. Seriously, you need to check it out. Honestly, it is amazing he is as normal as he is. I don't think he will ever mature to the point that he looks good in situations like this because his self image has been so fricked up from day one of his life.

To his parents, and parents like his, Newton "is" a "messiah"; he is their ticket out of a ghetto without having to do a damned thing other than breed. Well, that and sell off your offspring to the highest athletic bidder (I'm sure there's a historical allusion there, if one only looks... ).
Originally Posted by 4ager

To his parents, and parents like his, Newton "is" a "messiah"; he is their ticket out of a ghetto without having to do a damned thing other than breed. Well, that and sell off your offspring to the highest athletic bidder (I'm sure there's a historical allusion there, if one only looks... ).

No quite the opposite. Cam's parents are really quite well off. They are preachers. They didn't need Cam for the money. They are just pretty typical for black preachers.
Originally Posted by dennisinaz
They ought to take his MVP away after such poor sportsmanship. It went beyond being upset over a loss. They ended their season 15-2, best record. He should have still held his head up after that but no. My dislike just became epic.

Damn right!
To all of those folks that say he needs to grow up,i ask this:How long has he been playing in the NFL?

He has lost before and will lose some again.

It's been 5 years and he still has to find some class.
When a guy names his kid Chosen because he doesn't want the kid to have the awful burden of being Cam Newton, Jr., you know there are some serious mental issues going on there.
I heard one blurb of an interview with him saying he wanted out on the field early at half time so he could watch Beyonce or whatever the hell her name is. Like he planned on being bored with the game. Karma. Love it!
Poor Cam.
Cam earned his MVP status whether some here want to admit it or not. No excuses but he's a very young man who just got a very meaningful lesson in life. Humility.

Denver earned every inch of what they achieved,,,the hard way. What a game!

I hear you Jorge! SOOOOO glad Denver won. Not just because I'm a lifelong Bronco fan and remember when they couldn't give away season tickets, but because I don't think I could stand having to listen to the media crow about what a great BLACK QB he is. The guy is an awesome talent but I'm not sure why someone like him who has had almost every advantage in life, always has to bring race into it. And the media just eats it up. I'm sure he'll be back in the big game at some other point, I just hope he learns how to be a gracious loser.

No quite the opposite. Cam's parents are really quite well off. They are preachers. They didn't need Cam for the money. They are just pretty typical for black preachers.

Maybe it was a coincidence, but they were given a church in Cam's collegiate days.
I'm not a Newton fan. But more because of how he acts when things do go his way.

But being mad about losing?

Just played the biggest game of his life & got his azz handed to him.

Show me a 26 year old kid comfortable with losing & I'll show you a loser

And really? Calling him a n**** cause of that ?

[bleep] you racist azz holes you're the losers
bwahahahahahahahaaaaa!!!!!!

the great black qb lost to the ole wore out honky
in front of 10,s of millions of homeboys nationwide

eat some humble pie superboy............................

Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
I'm not a Newton fan. But more because of how he acts when things do go his way.

But being mad about losing?

Just played the biggest game of his life & got his azz handed to him.

Show me a 26 year old kid comfortable with losing & I'll show you a loser

And really? Calling him a n**** cause of that ?

[bleep] you racist azz holes you're the losers

Being comfortable with losing was never the issue. The issue was his lack of class and character while losing. Being black has nothing to do with it. Being a spoiled, coddled, racist punk has everything to do with it.
Watch Luke Kuechly's press conference. He is younger than Cam, lost the same game as Cam and handled it like a man, not a child.

Russel Wilson had to face the media last year after throwing a game losing interception on the cusp of winning the Super Bowl, and did so with class, like Kuechly.

Cam is a total POS.
From "Superman" to "The Incredible Sulk".
Originally Posted by test1328

I hear you Jorge! SOOOOO glad Denver won. Not just because I'm a lifelong Bronco fan and remember when they couldn't give away season tickets, but because I don't think I could stand having to listen to the media crow about what a great BLACK QB he is. The guy is an awesome talent but I'm not sure why someone like him who has had almost every advantage in life, always has to bring race into it. And the media just eats it up. I'm sure he'll be back in the big game at some other point, I just hope he learns how to be a gracious loser.

Just Realize that the media ESPN, SI whatever fuels this stupid hype train and empowers these players . Some are affected by the buzz others not so much. There are so many quality panther players that are outstanding on and off the field that it is a shame that one spoiled brat has to bring them all down.
Kuechly is the real deal and the fan base is very proud of him. I would hang on to him for dear life if is were running the organization. Cam should take a few plays out of Luke's play book! Cam has every opportunity to be the Luke Kuechly of the offense.
I'm willing to admit spoiled & coddled. This what happens with most folks of great athletic talent these days.

But don't see where you're getting that Newton is racist

His fave receiver is a big ole white boy

When he's handing out balls after scoring touchdowns I don't see him reaching past white kids to give a ball away

I'm no expert on CN, if he is indeed a racist, then F him too. But I'm not aware of any evidence of such
I ain't standing up for him, but I blame no man for walking away from the press.
worse things than being a dick at a presser.... wink

Bill's Lesean McCoy aledgedly fractures officer's skull in bar fight
Originally Posted by Bama_Rick

Huh? I like Peyton, but the fact I don't want to see the NFL become "The number 7 Loew's, 3M, Fastenal, Dollar General quarterback was on top of his game today. I need to give a shout out to good folks at Pennzoil, AARP, and Peak Anitfreeze for that good defensive we had today."
Peyton mentioned Budweiser because it's what he drinks. No big deal there, and Budweiser is already on the record saying that they had NO contract with him, NO endorsement deal, and NO conversations about any plug in his speach. I.e., Budweiser had nothing to do with it.
Oh, and Cam Newton has been a sore loser and shown an utter lack of sportsmanship since Day 1. None of that has changed, so why are people surprised that he acted the way he did last night?
Peyton mentioned Budweiser because it's what he drinks.

Nobody drinks that swill....
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by test1328

Just Realize that the media ESPN, SI whatever fuels this stupid hype train and empowers these players . Some are affected by the buzz others not so much. There are so many quality panther players that are outstanding on and off the field that it is a shame that one spoiled brat has to bring them all down.

I'm sure there are, but save for a few, very few players, I feel totally comfortable painting the entire NFL with the same broad brush. Haven't watched them with regularity since the 90s
To hell with the way he acts after a game, it's how he acts before a came that causes me to despise him. His arrogant stance during the anthem is no accident.
Originally Posted by RWE
Peyton mentioned Budweiser because it's what he drinks.

Nobody drinks that swill....

Which makes one wonder why so much of it is sold just to be poured out on the ground; or is it all being used to shampoo hair or something?
Actually he mentioned Budweiser because he owns a couple of Budweiser distributorships.
Peyton mentioned Budweiser because it's what he drinks. No big deal there, and Budweiser is already on the record saying that they had NO contract with him, NO endorsement deal, and NO conversations about any plug in his speach. I.e., Budweiser had nothing to do with it.

I don't begrudge him a Bud, he earned it. I think you can see this is not about Peyton, it is about the potential to become a plug for all the endorsements.

The NFL, contracted with Disney for the commercials, I just am guarded against a profliferation of it. It's bad enough that game takes nearly 4 hours with all of the commericals and pomp and circumstance as it is.

As for Cam, he made his own bed. He'll have to live with it.
Bigwhoop: Whats that old saying... you can take the negro out of the ghetto but you can't take the ghetto out of the negro...?
Or something like that.
You would think this cretin WOULD have a little better attitude with ALL his millions - than to do something like this?
To bad.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Bigwhoop: Whats that old saying... you can take the negro out of the ghetto but you can't take the ghetto out of the negro...?
Or something like that.
You would think this cretin WOULD have a little better attitude with ALL his millions - than to do something like this?
To bad.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

A bandwagon Seahawks fan having the audacity to say something like this in regards to a player on another team? The continued hypocrisy is almost unbelievable.

I don't begrudge him a Bud, he earned it. I think you can see this is not about Peyton, it is about the potential to become a plug for all the endorsements.

The NFL, contracted with Disney for the commercials, I just am guarded against a profliferation of it. It's bad enough that game takes nearly 4 hours with all of the commericals and pomp and circumstance as it is.

As for Cam, he made his own bed. He'll have to live with it.

Gotcha, and agree completely.
Originally Posted by bigwhoop

Cam is a great football player and should have many good years but he just learned what discipline and character looks like. Too many young players have been raised with the mind set that they are the center of the world......Guess what Cam?

Cam's flopping in the end zone and walking out of the press interview will hurt his value to his sponsors. Just a side bet but I think the Panthers will be a lot like the Seahawks this year....That group mast have played their best game and its down hill from here.
I didn't realize he walked out....when I saw the hoodie just assumed he ran down to the convenience store for some Skittles.....

F*ck that spoiled cry baby bitch that's to cool to put his hand over his heart for the Star Spangled Banner.....hope he gets aids....
Did you see his answer when asked if Denver did anything different in this game? He said "nothing different."

Sure Cam, they routinely blitzed both safeties at once, all season long, I guess I missed that.
JAN
Poor sportsmanship......Cam is of the new school with all the dancing and look at me antics. Can't stand it myself. Used to love it when Sanders would just hand the official the ball after a touchdown. Act like you have been there before and will be there again.

Peyton owns two Anheuser-Busch Distributors.
© 24hourcampfire