Home
Daniel Defense is selling firearms to agencies in California that mere serfs like you and I aren't able to purchase.

Time to boycott DD.

http://www.championnewspapers.com/news/article_e8581fba-5043-11e6-8c54-8f5ed4371594.html
Originally Posted by BarryC
Daniel Defense is selling firearms to agencies in California that mere serfs like you and I aren't able to purchase.

Time to boycott DD.

http://www.championnewspapers.com/news/article_e8581fba-5043-11e6-8c54-8f5ed4371594.html

$2400 a pop.
Isn't this what business is all about?
Originally Posted by djs

I agree! Why penalize a merchant because the politicians have abridged your rights?
With all the other choices in ARs its real easy to boycott there over priced stuff.
Business is business.

Travis
Business should be guided by morality. If it's not, it's time to make them feel some pain.
Business should be guided by morality. If it's not, it's time to make them feel some pain.

Ohhh, yeah. heh.
Barrett set a good example. Sorry that Daniel Defense won't follow it.
Oh, here's something interesting:

Chino PD contacted multiple firearms manufacturers including Bushmaster, Knights Armament, LaRue, Smith and Wesson, Colt, DPMS and Daniel Defense for replacement rifles. All said they had no weapon in their catalog to meet Chino’s requirements, the chief said. Only Daniel Defense agreed to manufacture a weapon to the department’s specifications, she added.
I guess I'm not understanding the beef with DD.

Chino PD wanted something built to order, DD obliged.

The cops have lots of stuff we can't have. Tried to find a remote trigger, C4 equipped robot drone lately?

Wiki
Business should be guided by morality.

Are you insane?

Dave
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
I guess I'm not understanding the beef with DD.

Chino PD wanted something built to order, DD obliged.

The cops have lots of stuff we can't have. Tried to find a remote trigger, C4 equipped robot drone lately?

Post something really silly and there will be one on your doorstep post-haste.
I have never been impressed with DD. Certainly even less so now.
TFF. A simpletons view.
I guess some of you approve of the way the Clinton's do business too.
Originally Posted by djs

I don't like it. There has to be a line somewhere. Where is the line? What if it was ISIS?

I would have expected better from a Georgia based company.
DD stuff is good to go. I don't get why you guys are whining about somebody running their business as they see fit. Kind of reminds me of how the libtards want "tolerance" until someone has an opinion that differs from their own.

Also, I don't see anything in the description of the rifle that you cannot own if you wish.
Our country has turned into rats fighting over cheese, on the Titanic.

Time to boycott DD.

You probably never bought anything from them anyway, so it's not like a boycott will require you to do anything at all.

You should worry about your "morality" and let others take care of their own.
Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner
Barrett set a good example. Sorry that Daniel Defense won't follow it.

^^^This^^^
I'm kind of conflicted about it.

It just doesn't rest well with me considering how CA tramples over the 2nd Amendment, when it's citizens are concerned.
Originally Posted by twofish
DD stuff is good to go. I don't get why you guys are whining about somebody running their business as they see fit. Kind of reminds me of how the libtards want "tolerance" until someone has an opinion that differs from their own.

Also, I don't see anything in the description of the rifle that you cannot own if you wish.

Spot on.

Yeah, the Clinton's and Daniel Defense, same same. crazy
We need to put our time and energy into defeating clinton.
Aside from the "morality" issue, this is a total waste of taxpayer money.

$2442 for each rifle? Why not just buy the Ruger AR? It lists for about $700 and would be less in quantity. Oh, it doesn't meet their "specifications?" What could those be beyond adding a red-dot sight and a flashlight? $2442 is ridiculous.

And last I heard, there were something like 62 makers of AR-15s in the US. How many will still be in business when you need spare parts and service? If I were buying an AR-15, common sense would dictate considering only a strong company--Ruger, S&W, Bushmaster and the like.

Finally, why do they need to replace the M4s anyway? They claim 30,000 rounds through them. Really? Does anyone familiar with a police department believe that any cop is actually practicing shooting 2000 rounds per year? The cops I know very rarely practice shooting (once a year, maybe) and are not very good marksmen.

And even if they do have 30,000 rounds through 'em, what wears out? Rebarrel? New bolt group? The AR-15 is modular and you can replace stuff very inexpensively.
Transfer of cash from Ca. to Ga. is always a good thing. Laffin.
Originally Posted by EdM

Spot on.

Spot wrong.

California citizens can't buy the suppressors that were part of the deal. None of the rifles they sold that department could be purchased by a normal California Citizen. Do you really think those ARs have permanently attached magazines, lack pistol grips and muzzle breaks and conform to whatever other kooky regs California citizens are supposed to comply with?

I think that's the worst part of this - the ignorance and indifference shown by gun owners.
I don't care much for any Firearm business selling to an Anti-Gun State, but this is business and I understand very well why they are doing it. 24 hundred bucks a pop for a DD in my opinion DD is getting the better part of the deal. The only thing I have from DD is a couple of their barrels. There isn't an AR on the market I would pay 2400 dollars for and i don't give dam who makes it.
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

Ohhh, yeah. heh.

Daniel Defense has taken the High Road before, at least with their mouths. Academy Sports pulled their product off the shelves after Orlando and DD "fired" them. Now the entire state of California pulls their products and all we get from DD is pandering.

http://bearingarms.com/bob-o/2016/06/16/daniel-defense-fires-academy-sports-moral-cowardice/

Daniel Defense “Fires” Academy Sports For Moral Cowardice

Posted at 6:11 pm on June 16, 2016 by Bob Owens

Daniel Defense DDM4 rifles was a strong-selling product line for Academy Sports. The sporting good chain literally couldn’t keep the premium AR-style rifles on the shelves in the chain’s firearms departments.

Now they’ve lost the right to try, after the chain disgracefully pulled all their AR-15s off of public display in the wake of the deadliest Islamic terrorist attack since 9/11 by an American-borne supporter of ISIS, but still sold the most popular kind of rifle in the nation from behind the counter, as if they were adult magazines.

Upon hearing of Academy’s behavior late yesterday, Daniel Defense immediately terminated their relationship with the chain, which had been rumored to have carried out similarly weaselly actions before.

Today, they issued this release to the public.

Daniel Defense Terminates Relationship with Academy Sports

Black Creek, GA- June 16, 2016. Daniel Defense—engineer and manufacture of the world’s finest firearms, precision rail systems, and accessories— Has announced it will no longer sell firearms to Academy Sports due to their decision to remove MSR’s from their website and in-store displays.

Letter to all Daniel Defense Distributors:

“As you know we take our partnership with our stocking retailers very seriously. We are committed to serving and supplying them at the highest level and expect our retailers to have that same level of commitment to our brand and our industry. Unfortunately, Academy Sports has made a corporate decision, in the wake of the recent terrorist attack, to remove all MSRs from their website and in-store displays. Academy Sports has communicated that they intend to continue to sell the MSR category of firearms without displaying or advertising them publicly. As a prominent MSR brand, Daniel Defense cannot support decisions that are completely contrary to the values of our company and industry. Therefore, as of today, June 16th, I request that you place Academy Sports on a Do Not Sell list for all Daniel Defense products and terminate any shipments to their stores or distribution centers. It is unfortunate that we have to make this decision, but it is clearly the right thing to do for our brand, our industry and our constitutional right. Thank you for your support.”

Bill Robinson, VP of Sales

“Academy’s decision clearly segregates firearms by their appearance, which sends a dangerous message to our politicians that it’s acceptable to do so. We as an industry must stand and fight, together.”

Marty Daniel, President and CEO

Daniel Defense clearly is going to lose money by pulling their product line from a store that had more than 200 locations in 15 states, but their decision was clearly the right one.

It seems probable that other firearms will follow Daniel Defense’s lead and terminate their relationship with Academy Sports. No one likes being associated with fairweather friends and sunshine patriots.
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine

It just doesn't rest well with me considering how CA tramples over the 2nd Amendment, when it's citizens are concerned.
So basically what you're saying is the police should only purchase inferior weapons that put them at greater risk of being wounded or killed?

You guys just can't make it through the day without having something stupid to waste your time pizzing and moaning about. What's tomorrow's protest going to be? A national protest of some knitting commpany because they sold "tactical" pot holders to the army?

You guys seriously need to get a life.
Originally Posted by EdM

Oh yeah, that's another stupid statement.
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
We need to put our time and energy into defeating clinton.
Exactly.
Originally Posted by EdM

Spot on.

Spot wrong.

California citizens can't buy the suppressors that were part of the deal. None of the rifles they sold that department could be purchased by a normal California Citizen. Do you really think those ARs have permanently attached magazines, lack pistol grips and muzzle breaks and conform to whatever other kooky regs California citizens are supposed to comply with?

I think that's the worst part of this - the ignorance and indifference shown by gun owners.
Why would you possibly blame the Police Dept. for this situation. You and your neighbors voted the liberals into office. Pull up your big boy pants and go after them, not Daniel Defense.
Originally Posted by bea175
I don't care much for any Firearm business selling to an Anti-Gun State, but this is business and I understand very well why they are doing it. 24 hundred bucks a pop for a DD in my opinion DD is getting the better part of the deal. The only thing I have from DD is a couple of their barrels. There isn't an AR on the market I would pay 2400 dollars for and i don't give dam who makes it.
Agreed.
Originally Posted by gophergunner
Originally Posted by EdM

Oh yeah, that's another stupid statement.

Ed was being ironic.
Originally Posted by EdM

Spot on.

Spot wrong.

Why would you possibly blame the Police Dept. for this situation. You and your neighbors voted the liberals into office. Pull up your big boy pants and go after them, not Daniel Defense.

Barry is not in the PRK, IIRC.

So basically what you're saying is the police should only purchase inferior weapons that put them at greater risk of being wounded or killed?

You guys just can't make it through the day without having something stupid to waste your time pizzing and moaning about. What's tomorrow's protest going to be? A national protest of some knitting commpany because they sold "tactical" pot holders to the army?

Compadre, I suspect MM knows a bit more than most about the capabilities of an AR, and the defense of Freedom. I also suspect he has more of a life - and enjoys it more fully - than most on here.

There ain't one damned thing wrong with his statement, IMO.

That about covers it.....

Course.....bitching, moaning, and pointing fingers is a lot easier.....
Barry, the Dept of Corrections buys and uses the Ruger Mini-14. So can the people of Kalifornia. As long as they don't buy magazines that hold over 10 rds. They can also buy the Springfield Armory M1A.
If you want to argue that many of Kalifornia's gun laws make no sense, that's fine. I agree.
BTW, the cops here are REALLY beaten down by the current BLM attitudes. At least allow them to arm themselves with whatever they need. E
If they can't get the job done with the weapons the serfs are allowed, they need to quit.

BTW, Minis must now have permanently attached magazines in CA.

What I'm 'basically saying', is exactly what I said.

Don't add your thoughts to mine, and call them mine. That's a bitch game.

Originally Posted by EdM

Spot on.

Spot wrong.

My point exactly. I don't live in California and certainly have no control over the asinine things their populace chooses to adopt and limit themselves on. I do however believe that their law-enforcement should have the tools they need to do their job and blaming a company for meeting those needs is ridiculous.

You must have missed the part where BarryC was headed to California with new legislation regarding the weapons police are allowed to use. Maybe it was on CNN or Fox, I can't remember.

Spoken like a true serf.
So how do you feel about the Chicago police investing in new handguns when they're so restricted for the general public? Protesting their suppliers too?

If you guys want to protest everything, knock your socks off. Must be really tiring to always have that chip on your shoulder for everyone.

Daniel Defense did nothing more than submit a weapon that met the requirements of the police department, and for this they are being villified?
I believe LE should have the best equipment for the job.

And the citizens too.
Spoken like a true serf.

...and COMPLETE, died in the wool azzwhole.

ALWAYS putting words in other's mouths with that FREAKY chick like "so you're saying" line.

GTC
I would agree with that, but I wouldn't boycott a company for meeting the requirements set forth when the Department put out the request for bids on the contract.
LE aren't citizens?
Well, did you hear me say would boycott???...No.

I simply don't like it.
I don't either. Not that I'm in the market for an overpriced AR, but if I was, this would factor into my decision.
I'd not send them, or any blue state, a turd.
Originally Posted by MadMooner
LE aren't citizens?

Actually I don't know, maybe some are resident aliens?

Originally Posted by MadMooner
LE aren't citizens?

The officers don't own the firearms. The government does. The same government that is more than happy to throw a guy like you in jail over a bayonet lug.
Explain why the police should be handcuffed as to what they can carry because the politicians made poor decisions regarding gun control?
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
Spoken like a true serf.

ALWAYS putting words in other's mouths with that FREAKY chick like "so you're saying" line.

GTC
Yeah, it obviously makes a lot of sense for the cops to be outgunned because the politician enacted strict gun control measure that we all know don't work in the first place. The nerve of those cops to think they have the right to go home to their loved ones every night.....The NERVE of DD to submit a bit for a contract that met the requirements of the bid. WHAT WERE THEY THINKING? Yep-I'll never buy anything off them again Laffin.
You've spent WAY to much time around girls softball.

Yer losing it.
Originally Posted by djs

I don't like it. There has to be a line somewhere. Where is the line? What if it was ISIS?

I would have expected better from a Georgia based company.

ISIS doesn't normally use an AR15 rifle....

But when they do....they prefer Colt
BFD. Why focus on slapping a friend? Nuke an enemy instead.

I hope they do well and grow their business. Bill Clinton whined about the shooting industry because of it growth--the larger it is, the harder to turn the thumbscrews of litigation on.

Some real pukes, the so-called "progressive" actor and actresses in Hollywoodland would be a good target for all shooters to boycott their productions and be vocal about doing it.

It would carry some influence into other sectors...
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
Spoken like a true serf.

GTC
Yeah, it obviously makes a lot of sense for the cops to be outgunned because the politician enacted strict gun control measure that we all know don't work in the first place. The nerve of those cops to think they have the right to go home to their loved ones every night.....The NERVE of DD to submit a bit for a contract that met the requirements of the bid. WHAT WERE THEY THINKING? Yep-I'll never buy anything off them again Laffin.

"Laffin", hardly, ...panicky shrieking is what your text reads .

Been noticing your avocation for the red bolded above, for quite a while. It is DAMN sure is a chickish and bitchy style, Mister.

don't like it, go shove a DD custom LEO model up your azz.

... better yet, why don't you just drop the PANIC mode postings and calm down a bit.

GTC

I honestly don't have a beef with Daniel Defense.

What really stinks is the fact that Californians cannot buy AR-15s for themselves, but they can be forced by taxation to buy them for the government that oppresses them.....And not at a great price point.

But it's always easy to spend someone else's money.

Ironic for a state with chronic fiscal problems.

$2442 a pop for an AR (DD or other) kinda reminds me of the $640 toilet seats the Feds once bought.

Originally Posted by Craigster
$2442 a pop for an AR (DD or other) kinda reminds me of the $640 toilet seats the Feds once bought.

Read the link for Christ fugkin' sake.

Clark
I honestly don't have a beef with Daniel Defense.

What really stinks is the fact that Californians cannot buy AR-15s for themselves, but they can be forced by taxation to buy them for the government that oppresses them.....And not at a great price point.

But it's always easy to spend someone else's money.

Ironic for a state with chronic fiscal problems.

This.
And BarryC has a valid point.

But we all know this contract will be met. Their PD needs it.

Business is business and DD did not elect the scum that reign over CA. Californians did that.

We all get the government we deserve.

Clark
I'll see your 1 DD, and raise ya 3 Colts. grin
Originally Posted by deflave

Clark

I read just fine, fuhckface.

And the citizens too.

I think all the decent folks ought to be allowed to have a scud missile in their back yard if they want one.
I've been on the receiving end of SCUD missiles. Not very accurate, thankfully. I don't have any interest in owning one.

I wouldn't mind having a Bearcat vehicle though.

Originally Posted by CrimsonTide

And the citizens too.

I think all the decent folks ought to be allowed to have a scud missile in their back yard if they want one.

Wrong,

Water heaters are for heating water, and should NOT be flown.

GTC

I think it is total crap that CA. politicians have passed garbage gun control laws that limits a citizens right to own an AR15, but I would also hate to refuse an leo a good weapon to defend himself since he sure the hell didn't make the laws.

$2400/ gun may or may not be too steep depending on what red dot and suppressor was speced.

The fact it's being funded with dope seizure money and not general fund/taxes is great in my book.

I read just fine, fuhckface.

Obviously.

Clark

Clark

2242/per gun
Includes

suppressor approx $400?
Optic's $3-400?
Plus replacement parts
(Another 300-$400?)

So there is approximately 1200 of the cost broken down

Spoken like a true serf.

Says the whiny parrot.
Originally Posted by gitem_12

Clark

2242/per gun
Includes

suppressor approx $400?
Optic's $3-400?
Plus replacement parts
(Another 300-$400?)

So there is approximately 1200 of the cost broken down

That's not a bad package deal, for the price.
I'd say the cans are closer to $700 to $800 but otherwise yes. That's a good breakdown.

Dave
I'd say the cans are closer to $700 to $800 but otherwise yes. That's a good breakdown.

Dave

That makes it an even better deal.
If they can't get the job done with the weapons the serfs are allowed, they need to quit.

Barry - do you live in Cali? You are flat wrong on your statement about the Mini 14.

Talk about ignorance. Stop spreading FUD.
Isn't that one of the reasons the Mini is still so popular with LE out there?

Dave
Originally Posted by Paradiddle

Barry - do you live in Cali? You are flat wrong on your statement about the Mini 14.

Well, enjoy your [bleep] Mini. Because that's about all you are allowed to have in CA. [bleep] you, don't you ever complain about any CA laws. You are a [bleep] peon.

Well, enjoy your [bleep] Mini. Because that's about all you are allowed to have in CA. [bleep] you, don't you ever complain about any CA laws. You are a [bleep] peon.

Now, now, Barry. We already have on Stevil. Easy ole boy.

You sound like a middle school retard trying to impress people with your lack of vocabulary.

Dave

Could be and I am probably off a bit on estimates for parts.

© 24hourcampfire