Paul Crewe: That was a dropkick.
Bogdanski: Dropkick?
Paul Crewe: Dropkick.
Bogdanski: How much is that worth?
Paul Crewe: Three points.
Bogdanski: Three points?
Paul Crewe: Three points.
Bogdanski: For that? Bullshit!

Well here we are. 10 years of Penguin thrashing!

My goodness how time has flown. Autumn is upon us and the college football season is on the launch pad. I've geared up the football pool and purchased enough chili making supplies to warm the heart of the most cynical of sports fans.

I'm not sure why I chose Ray Nitschke for the banner... except that scene tickles me and I've felt the same way as ole Bogdanski after losing the pick'em in excruciating fashion on some weird play.

For those of you who are new to this PM me and I'll forward the invitation to you. For all you old hands you should have gotten your email already. The rules are on site and as always this is a charity pool with the winner choosing where the donation goes and also receiving a prize. Both are $50.

Fellas I look forward to hosting you the whole off-season. I thank you for joining me in the fun and wish you the best of luck.

Will
Longest Yard...I love it!!

You're the best Will. Well not this season. grin

Thanks Buddy!

Here we go boys!!! And I do mean gals!! wink

David

With commentary, haven't seen that in a while...
10 years Will? I bet you still look the same.

Assume the position, my bitches!
Am I the only one taking the heels over the dogs week 1?
It really is my pleasure David. This thing is as much a part of my Saturdays as Herbstreit and Corso. It really keeps me laughing and cussing my way thru the season.

Ain't been around much deerwhacker. It really has been a strange year lol.

Will
Look the same? Mmmmmm.... I wish I felt the same lol. In all honesty I'm doing great. But this has been a tough year.

Now if I can just figure out how to stay ahead of penguinbabe in the pick'em.
Originally Posted by byc

Do first year, first ever head coaches win against ranked opponents in their season opener? Maybe if they have Chubb...

You know there will be at least 1 upset, always is. Might be 2. Who will they be....
Will-

Thanks for doing this. Look forward to it every fall-

Judd
Thanks
After yet another lackluster performance last year, I'll be sitting on the sidelines this season. I look forward to checking out the banter here, but I'll give up my spot to another deserving entrant this year Good luck guys!
Why?? Do you not like us? wink

Stay in the game gopher!!
Originally Posted by gophergunner
After yet another lackluster performance last year, I'll be sitting on the sidelines this season. I look forward to checking out the banter here, but I'll give up my spot to another deserving entrant this year Good luck guys!

[Linked Image]

laffin!!!! Thanks!!

Comon GG!! Bambi Bob and LPE will be right there for you just like Bud Fox to feed you all the inside winning information!! grin

Blue Star Baby!!
Much like Ingwe on the Dinkathon, I'm not opposed to skullduggery and bribery. Maybe I'll reconsider. By the way......I really like Wild Turkey and Iron City Light beer.........
Well, I had a few spare minutes this morning, so I got back in the game. Somebody's got to show you guys how to lose with class-in stead of that, you're stuck with me! Being's I haven't been trounced yet, I'll have to talk a little schmak to get things rolling here so here goes:

Feel free to drop out now, as I will be taking absolutely no prisoners this year. Hell hath never felt the fury of the Gophergunner and his picks.

There, that oughtta do it!

Let the games begin!
Well that was easy, I had a few more pep talks to post...

Clocks a ticking for those that haven't picked yet,..

tick tock...
Well I guess it all begins in a couple hours. Out first pick'em game isn't till tomorrow. And we have a Milligan week so latecomers are still welcome for another week.

But for most of us? Get on home or to your favorite bar and set yourself up with your favorite grilled delight and a tall cool one. You've made it thru another long off-season. Hallelujah, college football is here again.

Good luck my friends. Here we go.

Will
Originally Posted by Penguin
Well I guess it all begins in a couple hours. Out first pick'em game isn't till tomorrow. And we have a Milligan week so latecomers are still welcome for another week.

But for most of us? Get on home or to your favorite bar and set yourself up with your favorite grilled delight and a tall cool one. You've made it thru another long off-season. Hallelujah, college football is here again.

Good luck my friends. Here we go.

Will

Will, thanks for once again ramrodding this herd. It's always enjoyable.
Tenn. down to App. St. half way thru the 3rd....

This might be a good year...
Woooo Hoooo!! It's here!!

You non-players have no idea of what you're missing over here.

We have barely clothed ladies and kegs of booze going on. Not to mention Bambi and LPE with their guiding light!!

Such a huge shame that many of you are sitting on the sidelines with that "minor" niner dude! eek JK!!!

Hoop!!

Go Clemson!! Go Carolina!!

GO REDSKINS!!!!
Originally Posted by byc
Woooo Hoooo!! It's here!!

You non-players have no idea of what you're missing over here.

We have barely clothed ladies and kegs of booze going on. Not to mention Bambi and LPE with their guiding light!!

Such a huge shame that many of you are sitting on the sidelines with that "minor" niner dude! eek JK!!!

Hoop!!

Go Clemson!! Go Carolina!!

GO REDSKINS!!!!
I was wondering why I ended up with some chick's bra and g-string hanging on my computer screen........It was only a C cup, so I know she wasn't a Notre Dame chick.
It's difficult to imagine the degree of stupidity that it would have taken for anyone to have picked Colorado State.
Originally Posted by 5sdad
It's difficult to imagine the degree of stupidity that it would have taken for anyone to have picked Colorado State.

[Linked Image]
Ah gameday, how I missed you.

Well the chili is assembled and simmering. The beer is in the fridge. The picks are up and the remote is in hand.

I am one very contented hillbilly.

Will
Wonder if the earthquake in Oklahoma or the hurricane is going to play a role today.
Originally Posted by isaac
Wonder if the earthquake in Oklahoma or the hurricane is going to play a role today.

Nah,..we're good in OK.

[Linked Image]
Now that's funny. I know where you're coming from. smile

Will
I've lost the website. Where do I find it??
Stoops is the absolute worst when it comes to getting players ready to play...

Looks like the bus just rolled in from High school...
this sucks! Looking like a day of a few upsets. Now I wished I had taken TX. Feeling like an 8-2 or 7-3 start for this redskin!

Makes me wonder just how good Houston could be by season end. Although, they do have somewhat of a light schedule.
Oklahoma looked like a powder puff flag team today. They were outplayed, outcoached, and unprepared.
LSU v Wisco in Green Bay. I work 1 stop light away from Lambeau. Place has had a lot of purple this week.

LSU fans have been great - lots of fun. Hell - GB on game day, regardless of the game is fun.

Yeah this should be a good one. Curious to see if there are any Lambeau leaps attempted.

How cool would it be to play there as a college freshman??
Now that the Michigan/ Hawaii beat down is over, I will be rooting for Badgers.

Oklahoma got beat in every facet of the game today.....
Originally Posted by byc
Yeah this should be a good one. Curious to see if there are any Lambeau leaps attempted.

How cool would it be to play there as a college freshman??

If Wisco keep LSU to under 60 points and 300 yards rushing, it will be a good day.
Oklahoma looked like a powder puff flag team today. They were outplayed, outcoached, and unprepared.

Tom Herman is the real deal. Houston has some good athletes on their defense and their QB is well rounded despite converting from a WR to that position and being a little small for a D1 QB.
Fournette is a beast.....
Aggies just went up 10 to 9 over UCLA with 2 minutes left in the half.
Badgers up 6-0 on LSU and came to play.

Would love to see them pull it off.....
Originally Posted by 2muchgun
Badgers up 6-0 on LSU and came to play.

Would love to see them pull it off.....

I love to see ANYBODY beat LSU. cool
FEAR THE BOB!

They will ALWAYS be outcoached until OU gets rid of the Stoopid Bros.
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444

They will ALWAYS be outcoached until OU gets rid of the Stoopid Bros.

They love Bob Stoops in Norman though. He's an institution there, just like Kevin Durant 'was' in Oklahoma City. OU looked strong on their opening drive. And that was pretty much 'it'. Their defense looked pitiful, especially their secondary. Congratulations to Houston...they really kicked OU's a$$.
Aggies are now up 24 to 9 on UCLA in the 3rd Qtr. Gig em!!! πŸ‘
Wisconsin $hitting in their own hats. Pick 6 and a fumble. 14-13 LSU.......
Oooooh baby. Good game. Badgers kicked a FG. Then got a pick.

This one may be over....
Nothing like having to use your mulligan week ONE!!! Arghhhh!!!!!

This one may be over....

It is.

Shame on Will for not picking his Bajuhs....grin
Badgers beat 'em!
Originally Posted by Nail

This one may be over....

It is.

Shame on Will for not picking his Bajuhs....grin

Yeah but Lady Penguin did!! Good for her!!!!!
So did I...may be one of the few I get right!
Way to go Badgers!
Wisconsin totally outplayed LSU then their offense tried to screw it up with pick 6, fumble, dropped passes.

That woulda really hurt had they blown it....
USC and Bama coming up!
Damnit! UCLA just tied the Aggies with a two point conversion.

Idiot coach Sumlin got caught with his pants down playing Frickin Prevent Defense mad

2.25 left on the game clock!
Yep Penguinbabe did take Wisconsin. And she is letting this old badger hear about it too.

What a great win.

Will
Interception AGGIES! 30 seconds left!

Going to OT now.
Wisconsin totally outplayed LSU then their offense tried to screw it up with pick 6, fumble, dropped passes.

That woulda really hurt had they blown it....

SEC!
SEC!
SEC!

errr wait. That was an unranked Badger team that beat the #5 team in the country....
WOW! Heels just put one over on the Dawgs! Opening 2H KO for a TD!

He did GO ALL THE WAY!!
Wish the LSU players were as classy as the LSU fans have been here all week.

This young man should be kicked off the team.

[video:youtube]huSUP_4TQ-A[/video]
Yes he did.

17-14 Heels...
That was LSUs best hit of the game.....
Originally Posted by teal

[video:youtube]huSUP_4TQ-A[/video]

Agreed! That was Frickin Criminal. But I'd expect no less from the LSU players AND fans! Biggest asswies in College Football!
Aggies win in OT. Despite the officials trying to give UCLA every other play of the game. College Refs are just almost as bad as NFL refs.
Heels with another TD! Look out Dawgs!

This might very well be my only redeeming Penguin pick for today!!

I believe this Carolina team might just be the best of the ACC. Next to Clemson of course. grin
Sum of a b*tch!
HA! Figured you'd pop up buddy!!

Great to see you're still around Glen!! Are you in the PP?
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by teal

Agreed! That was Frickin Criminal.

Likewise. Absolutely inexcusable. He would get no second chance if I were the coach.
he's most likely coached to play like that, a guy running with the ball, put the hammer down and try and knock the ball loose.

there's a chance he didn't see him on the ground before I'd have to see the entire play.
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
he's most likely coached to play like that, a guy running with the ball, put the hammer down and try and knock the ball loose.

there's a chance he didn't see him on the ground before I'd have to see the entire play.

Nope. It was obviously a blatant cheap shot!
USC draws first blood with a FG. Roll Tide!!!

That would mean he'd had to have missed the whistle, the crowd, and the ref waving the play dead. I don't think so. It was a cheap shot and nothing else. He knew full well the play was over.
Aggies are now up 24 to 9 on UCLA in the 3rd Qtr. Gig em!!! πŸ‘

My son left the game then...
How about them DAWGS!
USC draws first blood with a FG. Roll Tide!!!

Thus far, this game is A Tale of Two Defenses. Good game.
The one time I pick against Wisconsin...
Not directed an any one play or game BUT......

this evolving business about what is a catch versus not a catch is really getting old. Frankly, I believe if a player "catches" the ball then he freaking catches the ball. None of this well he this and that BS!!

If he caught the damned ball it's a reception. Always been that way so keep it that way.

These interpretative bs rules that change on the fly are just too flaky. It ain't rocket science NCAA-CFB!! Same for the NFC!!

Settle it. Please!

And on top of everything else I have to listen to Brent Cheeseburger call the ClemPson game!!!!

Is NASCAR from Darlington on?

Arghhhhhhh!!

Nationals are still playing the Mets!! Perfect!
Originally Posted by byc

Bwaaahaaahaaaa!!!!
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Originally Posted by byc

Bwaaahaaahaaaa!!!!

HA! Well as you know either one losing benefits our SC house divided. I really do miss SC-GA always meeting up week 2. Guessing $$$$ had something to do with it.

Congrats!
Originally Posted by byc
Originally Posted by byc

Bwaaahaaahaaaa!!!!

HA! Well as you know either one losing benefits our SC house divided. I really do miss SC-GA always meeting up week 2. Guessing $$$$ had something to do with it.

Congrats!

It was an exciting game for sure! That UNC offense has some amazing talent.
Originally Posted by byc
And on top of everything else I have to listen to Brent Cheeseburger call the ClemPson game!!!!

Can't stand that bastard!
Damn. That Auburn D came to play. Hope that boy is alright.
Roll Tide!!! 24 to 3 at the 1st of the 3rd Qtr!
Stick a fork in USC! They are done ! Bama leads 38 to 3
Okay here we go again. Clem - AUB game right now. Was it a catch?

And now they are saying the ball is allowed to touch the ground!? That ain't a catch!! A catch is a catch.

This one was overturned but still.....wth is a catch?

WTH!??
SMU beat KY. SEC is definitely NOT having a great day.
Congrats David! Clemson holds on for the win!
Congrats to your Clemson boys!!

Hell of a game.
I thought Auburn was gonna pull it out on that last pass!
SEC is definitely NOT having a great day.

Arkansas could just as easily lost as won. They gave La. Tech. every opportunity to beat them. Looks like a long season. miles
Week 1 has narrowed the hunt for play-off spots by 5. Auburn, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, and Missouri have all eliminated themselves from contention (as well as brought disgrace upon themselves and the SEC) by losing to non-quality (non-SEC) opponents. Nothing they do from here on in will alleviate the shame. This leaves only Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, and Vanderbilt in contention for the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP.
Makes a guy wonder how those vaunted SEC teams would do playing up north here when it's 35 not 70....
Makes a guy wonder how those vaunted SEC teams would do playing up north here when it's 35 not 70....

35 would not be a problem. 25 maybe. miles
70 was a problem yesterday...
Well, 6 of 7. Hopefully better next weekend. Missouri, USC, and LSU looked terrible as well as a couple others.
Seeing as how they've won 11 out of the last 20 championships, I'm guessing just fine.

It's just nice to see some of the old school programs trying to compete again, like OSU and MICH. Be nice to see Texas and PSU get back in the mix.
Originally Posted by byc
At least the SEC boys played some quality opponents. Unlike my friggin' Buckeyes once again picking a creampuff for the their first opponent in the form of Bowling Green. Love my Bucks, but they sure don't do anything to deflect criticism of their schedule by playing games like this.
Well we've had quite an opening week haven't we? Tonight's game ought to be another good one. I've been scorched by both teams so many times that I really don't know what to expect. shocked

Will
Originally Posted by byc

SMU beat Kentucky? I thought they played North Texas State.
Hey Butch.

Sorry the other SMU....

Southern Miss Golden Eagles

Kentucky Wildcats
Saturday, September 3, 7:30 PM
Commonwealth Stadium, Lexington, Kentucky

Southern Miss
Golden Eagles
(1-0)

44 - 35
Final
Kentucky
Wildcats
(0-1)

1 2 3 4 Total
Southern Miss 7 10 21 6 44
Kentucky 21 14 0 0 35
Originally Posted by byc
At least the SEC boys played some quality opponents. Unlike my friggin' Buckeyes once again picking a creampuff for the their first opponent in the form of Bowling Green. Love my Bucks, but they sure don't do anything to deflect criticism of their schedule by playing games like this.

This is true. Sure wrecked a bunch of plans that a lot of these high flyers had. About time huh?
Geesh!!! FSU locker room pre-game talk!

Dumbo sounds like a real fear and intimidation kind of coach.

At least he ended with The Lords Prayer!

Go Hotty Toddy's!!
Gotta pull for Ole Miss. They just scored the first TD of the game.

At least the crab leg stealer is gone from FSU! wink
Ole Miss looks pretty good so far. FSU, not so much.
Early injury and turnover isn't good for Ole Miss...but it's a long game.
Gotta pull for Ole Miss. They just scored the first TD of the game.

At least the crab leg stealer is gone from FSU! wink

laffin!! Tis true!
Ole Miss moving the ball at will so far.
Another TD by Ole Miss! They lead 14 to 3 !

I didn't know that the Ole Miss QB was the nephew of former NFL QB Jim Kelly.
Yup...Jim Kelly often shows up for many of the games. Think he's even visited the team for motivational talks and OM locker room on game day.

Also, Kelly was at Clemson in his first year but moved on to OM. Word was he was dismissed due to conduct detrimental to the team while at Clemson.

I'm sure Nail can speak to this better than me.

Rebels look good. Real good! They have the injuns on their heels!
I just wish our players weren't dropping like flies, getting carted off the field.

Ole Miss is doing OK but a young QB and several miscues from FSU sure is helping.
dang...how the heck does Cook drop that ball!!??
Looked like he was switching hands (for no good reason I might add) and just dropped it...thank goodness.
He was too busy thinking about what kind of TD celebration or dance he was gonna do.
Seminoles coming back. It wouldn't be the first time come to think about it. They often seem to start slow then come back and win games. Ole Miss better tighten up.
Ah, classic Ole Miss football...I haven't missed you one bit.
ugh... back to "chittin the bed" again aren't they?

Sux!!
Week 1 has narrowed the hunt for play-off spots by 6. Auburn, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, and Mississippi have all eliminated themselves from contention (as well as brought disgrace upon themselves and the SEC) by losing to non-quality (non-SEC) opponents. Nothing they do from here on in will alleviate the shame. This leaves only Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, and Vanderbilt in contention for the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP.

Updated as of 9-5-16
Week 1 has narrowed the hunt for play-off spots by 6. Auburn, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, and Mississippi have all eliminated themselves from contention (as well as brought disgrace upon themselves and the SEC) by losing to non-quality (non-SEC) opponents. Nothing they do from here on in will alleviate the shame. This leaves only Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, and Vanderbilt in contention for the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP.

Updated as of 9-5-16

You're calling Clemson a non-quality opponent? I wouldn't call Florida State a slouch at this point either.
Lots of great games and match ups this week. He's just upset he lives in the Midwest.

Updated as of 9-5-16

You live in fantasy land. There is only one good SEC team , even the officials could not help out ole miss last night.

2013 FSU
2014 Ohio State
2015 Alabama

Where is the SEC dominance?
It just seems like some years, the first week of the season all the predictors and pundits don't really have things figured out as good as they think they do. This could be a year where the National Champ fought back from losing a regular season game to take the title. There's a lot of tough games to come yet.
Amen to that. Its a tough job though. Gotta admit that.

As far as SEC stumbles go, well they did have some bad games. And some good ones, including a close loss by Auburn if you ask me. But they looked mortal.

I'm just glad I'm not having to hear how lousy the Big Ten is for a while. The way things look now it may be a long while.

Will
So who won pic em Will?

Are they fearing the Bob yet?

Btw since we went out to eat last night I got to see most of second half of ole Miss vs FSU

They got tommyhawked chopped in the 2nd
I don't wanna talk about week one in pick-em. cry
So who won pic em Will?

Some chik!

Word has it she's sleeping with Penguin, so you've gotta take that into consideration.... grin

The Penguinbabe ran us off the field this week. My late change combined with my lack of faith in the badgers placed me squarely in the pack of rabble.

Ah well, the new picks are up and redemption is only a week away.

Will
That was brutal to watch.

FSU pretty much beat us in every phase of the game other than they got off to a slow start. But with a young QB starting his first game that isn't too surprising. The fact he didn't turn the ball over a single time though is.

OM special teams are bad...again. Secondary was a question mark before the game...not any more, they're bad. Lost our best cover guy right off the bat too.

Some stats from the game:

TOP - OM 17:21 / FSU 42:39...NO defense should have to be on the field for that long

Turnovers - OM 4 / FSU 0....speaks for itself

Total yards - OM 380 / FSU 580....400+ passing from Francois

Dalvin Cook, 91yd rushing...this would be great for OM except he had 101yds receiving to go along with it

Ricky Aguayo, FG 6/6 & XP 3/3, 21pts...must be nice to have a kicker like that, as an OM fan I can only speculate

I can only hope that FSU is a great team (given the lopsided turnovers & TOP, losing by 11 isn't all that bad, but it certainly ain't good) but we'll just have to wait and see.
So who won pic em Will?

Some chik!

Word has it she's sleeping with Penguin, so you've gotta take that into consideration.... grin

You hear that Bob? If you sleep with Penguin good things could happen for you!

Plus then they'd really FEAR THE BOB
Well we have week 2 and another chance tee'd up. Like most week 2 we've seen it looks easy but probably has a hiccup or two waiting to trip us up.

Will
Gonna' be a homer today.

Go Gamecocks!!!!!

Utah vs BYU!....**sigh**
Pitt-PSU turned into a very good game.

ClemPson looks like crap.
Originally Posted by byc
Pitt-PSU turned into a very good game.

ClemPson looks like crap.

You should have seen Georgia.

who's fearing the Bob?
Randy---thinking he ran off with Bambi. He pretty much stopped all LPE promotional campaigns.

Maybe he shifted his promotional dollars to The Donald!

Not much to fear here 'cept this new female Penguin!! wink
lol, Bambi would ruin his back within a week David.

how you doing on your picks?
No one wanting to talk about this today?? wink grin
You did good! That Arkansas/TCU game was a fun one to watch.
What does the Tie mean and what is the Tie Diff?
Originally Posted by Raeford
No one wanting to talk about this today?? wink grin

Dang Craig.....Congrats and a very Happeeeeeeeee Berfdayyyyyyyy buddy!!!!

Way cool!
Originally Posted by butchlambert1

Tie is the number of points you picked for the Tiebreaker game (Tenn/VT game).

Tiediff is the difference between your guess and the real score.
Originally Posted by butchlambert1

Tie is the number of points you picked for the Tiebreaker game (Tenn/VT game).

Tiediff is the difference between your guess and the real score.

Thanks, I thought it was the over-under of some game. That is the reason I'm behind.
You did good! That Arkansas/TCU game was a fun one to watch.

This one^^^^ was a hard one to pick.
Week 3 games, Time for some nut cuttin to begin....

eek

Oh God. I see yet another blood bath happening this week.
Houston is going to lose tonight. Was kinda' hoping this game was on the roster.

Well maybe not!
Cinn is giving Houston all they want right now, that's for sure...
My Aggies play Auburn on Sat. night. Ought to be a good game!
Why are you not in this pool??

No excuse!! cry
I know grin
And Boom!

Down goes the Cincy QB, which means Bearcats win for sure.

This is going to be a very bizarre season.
I'm predicting a blood bath today. Especially, if Roy goes all road teams and he's right.

Tough picks for sure!!
I quit changing picks last night, let em fall where they may, I'm done figuring...
Tis a tough week to pick. But have no fear, by midnight tonight we'll all be nodding our heads and saying "Of course! It is so obvious that soandso was gonna lose. Why didn't I see it this morning?"

Good luck boys. Get the dogs out on the grill and the beer in the fridge. Its game day.

Will
Only team I wish I knew more about was Michigan St., how can this be week 3 and they've got 1 win against an FCS team, the Furman Paladins.?
The line has flipped and now tOSU is the dog? Really? What am I missing here?

Is there an injury or suspension I'm unaware of? I'd think that Ohio State would be a 20 point favorite based on how they've played.

Ah well. When the bucks collapse I'll do a facepalm and understand lol.

Will
And only 6 took OK.

WOW! The pool is really split today. Darn near 50/50 on many games.

Shakeup day!
Noles-Cards game is electric.

Go Cards!!
Yeah some crazy guy will run the table on us. You know it's true. shocked

And how the hell is Iowa ranked 13th? I've been moving and preoccupied. But Iowa? 13th? Really? My god the last time I saw them Stanford scored about a hundred and twenty on them. I guess I need to do some homework.

Will
Originally Posted by byc
I'm predicting a blood bath today.

Pirates might be having chicken for dinner tonight!

GK
would not surprise me in the least.

Hopefully, the team that beat Vandy will show up.
35 to 10. Halftime.

Yep, completely obvious. Noles suck. Grrrrrr.

Will
Man FSU is just getting spanked.

If Pitt holds up today then the ACC could be loaded for bear.
Clemson and SC State (52-0) moved to 12 minute quarters for the 2nd half. Not sure I've ever seen that happen before.
35 to 10. Halftime.

Yep, completely obvious. Noles suck. Grrrrrr.

Will

Which means my Rebs are in big trouble. Not only today but for the season. cry
North Dakota takes down Iowa. Maybe I don't need as much homework as I thought. That sounds right.

Great game. Gotta take your hat off to those kids.

Will
Followed that game as well. Yeah I could not figure out how Iowa was even ranked.

At this rate the Noles may not be ranked at all.

Just WOW!

Thinking these pre and early season rankings mean absolutely nothing. Especially, for betting and picking.
I think a lot of it is just picking on athleticism and recruiting. These teams have a lot of name recognition and it is hard to admit that they just aren't that good.

One bad game? Looking ahead? Ok I'll buy it. Two, three games of sukkiness? Sorry but you're not very good. That means you FSU. And you also Tennessee.

Will
I really expected TN to look much better than they have.

Figured the Vols and Gators were the SEC East teams to beat.
Yeah me too. Even with their coach. They seem to be too dependent on emotion. That's a dangerous thing. Especially in a team that doesn't have the patience to run the ball. Or talent shaped to being physical.

They've got lots of athletes. Maybe they'll come around.

Will
North Dakota takes down Iowa. Maybe I don't need as much homework as I thought. That sounds right.

Great game. Gotta take your hat off to those kids.

Will

Love 'em! (Now, if they could just learn to pronounce "Bison".)
The Tide better wake up! Ole Miss is leading 17 to 3.

Saben better chew some serious ass at halftime.
While everyone is jumping all over the annointed teams who failed to live up to the expectations of their fans today, no one has considered the obvious reason for the poor performances - no doubt they are the result of too great an emphasis being placed on the academic endeavors of the student athletes to the detriment of practice time and film study.

Lol, my wife and I had to Google the pronunciation of it. We both wondered because every single announcer in both games we've seen said it with a "z". But then one of them pronounced "lambaste" with a long a. As in "baste a turkey".

Gotta shake my head when a hillbilly like me is correcting the diction of seasoned tv personalities.

Will
Refs just fricking gave Ole Miss 7 points! Fuggin Refs! mad
Gary Danielson is just the worst. He has no love for Ole Miss. He speaks as if his opinion is LAW. What a F$^^$(* tool.

Not sure how knocking the QB's d*^% in the dirt, causing a fumble and returning it for a TD is on the refs.

Originally Posted by Nail

Not sure how knocking the QB's d*^% in the dirt, causing a fumble and returning it for a TD is on the refs.

There was a Pesonal Foul penalty on Ole Miss as they're were running the fumble in for a TD. Replay shows it occurred 10 yards before the Ole Miss player crossed the goal line. Should have been first down for Ole Miss instead of a TD.

Score is now 24 to 17 with Ole Miss leading just before halftime.
If you are referring to the hit Speaks (#9) made, that rates a love tap at best. The AL kid didn't even get knocked to the ground but the refs saw fit to throw the flag.

Was it necessary? NO.
Was it a smart thing to do? Absolutely not.
But it wasn't nearly the assault Gary made it out to be, not by a long shot.

Agreed.

Roll Tide grin
It also didn't go from 24-3 to 24-17 in a span of 2:43 before half by magic. The zebras played their part.
Tied at 24 all now in the 3rd Qtr.
Tide leads 34 to 30 with only 13 minutes left in the game.

Lol, my wife and I had to Google the pronunciation of it. We both wondered because every single announcer in both games we've seen said it with a "z". But then one of them pronounced "lambaste" with a long a. As in "baste a turkey".

Gotta shake my head when a hillbilly like me is correcting the diction of seasoned tv personalities.

Will

Will, it isn't just the announcers. Much as I love North Dakota and its people, they insist on mispronouncing it! I had a nice exchange of emails with John Hardt, the AD at Bucknell, where they pronounce it correctly.
Now that is funny. But I have so many years of saying it with an "s" that I'll never change.

Just finished watching Nebraska put away Oregon. That was a very good game. First time in years that I've seen Nebraska run the ball successfully thru the whole game against good competition.

Will
Hell of a good game between BAMA and Ole Miss, THE TIDE outlasted the Rebels. Roll Tide!

My Aggies are getting beat 7 to 3 by Auburn. cry
Allie Laforce was best part of that gameπŸ˜„
I hope ESPN doesn't leave us hanging on the Pitt-OSU game. It was actually a good game with a qtr left to play.

Not had to use gamecast in long time.

Sure hope the good AUB defense finds itself tonight. Not looking like it so far.
Georgia down 2 scores inside 7 minutes of the opening kickoff.

Defense not getting pressure and the secondary is getting smoked.

Gonna be a long day.
Aggies just silenced the Auburn crowd. They lead 10 to 7.

Gonna be a long day.

I tried to watch that game but simply cannot listen to cheeseburger!! Almost as bad as Hitlery.

Now I have to suffer through AUB and A&M.
Hah. Can't blame you there. The guy is a goof.

UGA just put together a nice drive and put 7 on the board. Their defense better figure something out.
Originally Posted by byc

Gonna be a long day.

I tried to watch that game but simply cannot listen to cheeseburger!! Almost as bad as Hitlery.

Now I have to suffer through AUB and A&M.

David - I agree, had to mute him...

Madmooner - hopefully that latest TD will get the Dawgs fired up.

GK
I don't see how ANYBODY can stand to listen to Brent Cheeseburger. I can't stand that idiot sick
Originally Posted by byc
I hope ESPN doesn't leave us hanging on the Pitt-OSU game. It was actually a good game with a qtr left to play.

Not had to use gamecast in long time.

OSU-Pitt is back on ESPN on the Net, not listed on ESPN3.

Check the OSU/Pitt "Score" on Espn, then click watch...
Thanks DW. Saw it.

Good game and a real barn burner but not the finish I was hoping for.
Oh my! Pick 6.

tOSU up 14 zip.

Will
Spoke too soon didn't I?
The irony is that (at least in the first quarter plus) tOSU is beating the hell out of Oklahoma by doing exactly what Oklahoma can do but chooses not to. Been this way for years.

Game is young yet tho.

Will
Notre Dame is getting smoked by MIch. St. Bitch slapped, really.....
36-7 MSU.

The Irish are all done.....
The good news is that (assuming Ohio State holds up) the Big Ten has 3 very legitimate playoff worthy teams.

The bad news is that my Badgers play them all in a row starting next Saturday.

Will
Yep. I will be at the Big House for Wisconsin game......
Assuming Sparty leaves enuf walking wounded for us to field a team, I wish I could make it. smile

Will
I don't see anyone other than maybe Louisville or Houston going undefeated this season and those are suspect.

Even Bama seems vulnerable.

And to a certain extent that is perhaps the way it should be. About time they started a stronger front-loading of schedules.
36-7 MSU.

The Irish are all done.....

Maybe BUT "not so fast my friend!" laugh

For the sake of their season I'm fine with that.....BUT for the sake of today's picking I sure hope not.

36-28 with an eternity left!

well that might be it....dangit!
MSU went conservative after they got up big. They pretty much always do that. Game wasn't nearly as close as the score. MSU O line was pushing ND D line around at will most of the game......
Oklahoma looks lost. Not much of a game.....
MSU went conservative after they got up big. They pretty much always do that. Game wasn't nearly as close as the score. MSU O line was pushing ND D line around at will most of the game......

These days any team taking that position is just setting themselves up for failure.

I'll take Louisville's position today any second of the game.
I agree. MSU is famous for it. Sometimes it backfires....
I agree. MSU is famous for it. Sometimes it backfires....

D'Antonio is another Bo; great practice coach & motivator, but a terrible game day coach.

They'd be better off if he stayed in the locker room.

MM
I am not sure if you give him enough credit Bill. The guy has done really well. He just isn't flashy at all, and doesn't ever have much to say. Although, it does seem that every time they get up in a game, they relax and try to blow it.

O'Connor has started exactly 2 road games. With victories at Ohio St. and now ND. Pretty impressive.

Watch out for Donny Corley. He is the real deal. Michigan wanted him bad. He almost took Lavert Hill to State with him. They are best buds from Detroit King........

Georgia pulled it off with help from Mizzou, coughing the ball up 5 times.

Georgia went up by one after a 4th and 10 converts to a touch down with a couple minutes left on the clock. Mizzou subsequently coughed up their 5th turnover ending the game.

Eason is going to continue to improve. The kid is a beast. The line needs to improve on both sides of the ball if they are going to have any shot at a SEC east title.
Not totally sold on TN as I thought. Figured them to be more convincing by now. GA and FL appear to be the teams to beat in the East.

SC threw in a new QB today who did make a difference but they still have a ways to go. Their defense seems to be carrying the water for now.

How bout them Aggies !
Big Neal...that's one of them West of the Mississippi River Hybrid SEC teams right? wink

Congrats ...nice win!!

Watch out for Donny Corley. He is the real deal. Michigan wanted him bad. He almost took Lavert Hill to State with him. They are best buds from Detroit King........

Yeah, Corley is the real deal.........I saw him last year in the playoff & he was phenomenal.

The game was nowhere as close as the score.......MSU beat them up pretty good.

State just pretty much refuses to blitz & Kizer had all day to throw in the 2nd half when they laid back.........pretty much SOP for D'Antonio. That's what's so frustrating about him.

You surely don't have to worry about that with Harbaugh.......he will blitz a LOT. And then blitz some more.

Good comeback for the Wolves today.......Colorado played them tougher than I expected for a while.

MM
I'm hanging in with the picks.
Oklahoma looks lost. Not much of a game.....

[Linked Image]
Dutchhiller puts the move on us. We've seen that before. Big congrats man. This turned out to be a terribly tough week.

Send me 5 and I'll tee us up tomorrow.

Will
Congrats Dutch. Good job!

Gameday!!! Big BIG games and picks today!!!
Okay I can see it already. I've hosed myself yet again!!
If I lose to a chick this year.....I'm selling!
I turned on the UGA Ol Miss game on and promptly turned it off. Lol

Holy geez Georgia has some work to do. They got whooped everywhere they looked. Smart better get something worked out on that Oline and the entire defense looked bad.

Schit, even special teams are aptly named at UGA currently.
WTH is wrong with TN? They look like a high school team.

Thinking they caught the bad uni's karma!! And that's all they've caught!!
Game on now!! TN catching fire. 35 unanswered points!!

Go Vols!
Dumbass 4th down call by Auburn's Coach. Should have kicked a FG.

Tigers lead 9 to 7 at halftime.
Way to go Vols!

KY is messing with the uni's again! And they can't even fill their home stadium. eek

Go Gamecocks!
Auburn is leading LSU 15 to 13 with 9 minutes left in the game. Great game to watch while waiting for my Aggies to beat the Hell outta Arkansas!

Kickoff in 15 minutes on ESPN. Gig em! πŸ‘
Just noticed I'm the only one who took Northwestern over Nebraska.

I'm not sure if that was intentional or by mistake. Ugh!

10-7 at the half!

Ohhhhhh my!
Rut roh good buddy! Hogs seem too be off to a better lucky start.
Yep cry Aggies had better wake up!
Hell of a goal line stand by the Aggies DF at the goal line on that last series!!!
Lucky to get out of their with AR only getting a FG off that last Aggie turn over. grin
Gamecocks are gonna' get absolutely destroyed by the remainder of their schedule. They are unable to play CFB right now.

Clemson gets by Louisville next week they might be okay!
Did Auburn end up beating LSU ?
Holy Crap! Aggies DF stripped the AR player at the goal line and saved another TD
Aggie football πŸ‘
Aggie QB ran 50 yards on a QB draw play in for a TD with 20 seconds left before halftime!!! Tied at 17 all now going in to the second half.
Aggies have 68 yards passing and 60 of it came on just two plays.

I doubt they can win on Q B draws....... but it damn sure worked twice.
Aggies DF just made another tremendous goal line stand. Kept the Hogs from scoring 4 tries from the 1 yard line. Still tied 17 all. πŸ‘
Damndest quarter of football I nearly ever saw.

Aggies recieve the K O and get out to the 10.

Drive to the 1 yd line where they fumble.

Hogs drive the length of the field and turn it over on downs at the one foot line.

190 yards between 'em and no score.
Yep. Hell of a game!
Aggies finally lead 24 to 17. Looks like we finally have a good QB and a hell of a good DF at the same time!
now 31 -17. Aggies come alive.
Yep. Hell of a game!
Aggies finally lead 24 to 17. Looks like we finally have a good QB and a hell of a good DF at the same time!

Touchdown Aggies! They lead 31 to 17
Missed on a couple, but looks like I'm still in the hunt.
Well week #4 is up.... And it's a doozy. We have two 2-point games: Stanford at Washington and Louisville at Clemson. The first is a Friday night game so don't forget to make your picks.

The Mounties and the Badgers are both on the slate. I'm doomed. smile

Will
Pretty sure DW cheated last week. That's the only way.

BUT WTH---congrats buddy!! grin

Thanks Will!

David
Hell yeah I cheated, but I ain't gonna tell you how.!

grin

I like the 2 pt games, Win big or SUCK big...

I can't believe Michigan is -10 over Wisconsin, they've beaten Nobody.!

Cheating or not you beat the stuffing out of me. This year your humble penguin is going to have to rally just to find mediocrity. shocked

Will
Go hang out with BYC, he's loaded with mediocrity....
buwaahaahahahahahahahaaaaaaa!

I suck this season! BUT hanging out with me is da' bomb for sure!!

Go Trump!
Go Nats!
Don't worry, I'll fall before long and us regulars can throw a party at the bottom, like always...
Dang...you know we really should have a Penguin party some time!!

Might wanna' leave PenguinBabe at home though! wink
Rest assured boys, I'm lowering the curve with my horrible picks.
It's DW's fault. He pulled you back in!! I had nada to do with it!!

laugh
&*%#$#$!@!#@@@#%^@%#&^(*_)*(*&^#%$$@!$#!!$!!!!!!!!

This sux!!

I'm going with the inverse option playbook from here on out!!
Stanford is about the last team that I would have ever picked to get beaten so badly.
My goodness. Huntinaz just put a beat down on the field. Wow. Man I don't know how you guys get thru a minefield like that. Very impressive!

Well buddy, send me your 5 games and I'll wipe the blood out of my eyes and put up this week's picks.

Will
Man I needed a good week. Stand by for games.
My Mounties are hanging on but Tech is moving the ball very well. Hoping my Badgers have a big can of whupass saved up for tonight.

Will
Thursday games folks...
I'm in....
Rivalry Saturday.

I have the almond cheeseball, summer sausage, Sartori cheese wedge, and beer on deck. Deer steak thawing on the counter. Wisconsin shirt and WVU hat on and looking sharp lol.

I'm ready. Bring on the axe. Bring on the cyclones.

Will
Can't believe regular season comes to a close today. How fast they grow up!! cry

Break a leg Pards!!!!

Thanks Will!!

David
I picked underdogs this week, hoping for miracles.

So far,...No Miracles.....

Strong got the axe.
Herman replacing Strong!
I would like to see Applewhite get a shot.
Argh..... Harbaugh snickered me. Speight is in and looks great. Ah well, that's the way a game like this should be: best against best and no excuses.

Will
Tell you what...the Buckeyes band did an outstanding job with the Anthem and had folks singing!!

BUT they are going be jinxed by going with those non-traditional helmets, which I am not impressed by.
Bob in the lead going into the last game. Hehe! Go Bob. Give em hell buddy. :p

Will
HA!! I demand a recount!!! I will be raising money from 24HCF members to fund as such!!
The time is now gents and lady!!!

Break a leg or as I've done on several occasions this season a TV or 2!!

Here's to a great finish!!

Thanks Will!!!

David
Good job guys. I never stood a chance.
Yeah, but we could not have done it without YOU!! grin

And we still have the way mo' fun Bowl Bonanza to go!!
Will-

Thank you sir. Another fun season done.

I picked Wisconsin for you and they let me down.

-Judd
© 24hourcampfire