Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 14 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 13 14
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Week 1 has narrowed the hunt for play-off spots by 6. Auburn, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, and Mississippi have all eliminated themselves from contention (as well as brought disgrace upon themselves and the SEC) by losing to non-quality (non-SEC) opponents. Nothing they do from here on in will alleviate the shame. This leaves only Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, and Vanderbilt in contention for the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP.

Updated as of 9-5-16

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
GB1

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Week 1 has narrowed the hunt for play-off spots by 6. Auburn, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, and Mississippi have all eliminated themselves from contention (as well as brought disgrace upon themselves and the SEC) by losing to non-quality (non-SEC) opponents. Nothing they do from here on in will alleviate the shame. This leaves only Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, and Vanderbilt in contention for the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP.

Updated as of 9-5-16

You're calling Clemson a non-quality opponent? I wouldn't call Florida State a slouch at this point either.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Lots of great games and match ups this week. He's just upset he lives in the Midwest.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

Updated as of 9-5-16

You live in fantasy land. There is only one good SEC team , even the officials could not help out ole miss last night.

2013 FSU
2014 Ohio State
2015 Alabama

Where is the SEC dominance?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It just seems like some years, the first week of the season all the predictors and pundits don't really have things figured out as good as they think they do. This could be a year where the National Champ fought back from losing a regular season game to take the title. There's a lot of tough games to come yet.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
IC B2

Penguin Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Amen to that. Its a tough job though. Gotta admit that.

As far as SEC stumbles go, well they did have some bad games. And some good ones, including a close loss by Auburn if you ask me. But they looked mortal.

I'm just glad I'm not having to hear how lousy the Big Ten is for a while. The way things look now it may be a long while.

Will

Smellin' a lot of 'if' coming off this plan.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So who won pic em Will?

Are they fearing the Bob yet?

Btw since we went out to eat last night I got to see most of second half of ole Miss vs FSU

They got tommyhawked chopped in the 2nd

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I don't wanna talk about week one in pick-em. cry

FJB & FJT
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
So who won pic em Will?

Some chik!

Word has it she's sleeping with Penguin, so you've gotta take that into consideration.... grin

Penguin Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
The Penguinbabe ran us off the field this week. My late change combined with my lack of faith in the badgers placed me squarely in the pack of rabble.

Ah well, the new picks are up and redemption is only a week away.

Will

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
That was brutal to watch.

FSU pretty much beat us in every phase of the game other than they got off to a slow start. But with a young QB starting his first game that isn't too surprising. The fact he didn't turn the ball over a single time though is.

OM special teams are bad...again. Secondary was a question mark before the game...not any more, they're bad. Lost our best cover guy right off the bat too.

Some stats from the game:

TOP - OM 17:21 / FSU 42:39...NO defense should have to be on the field for that long

Turnovers - OM 4 / FSU 0....speaks for itself

Total yards - OM 380 / FSU 580....400+ passing from Francois

Dalvin Cook, 91yd rushing...this would be great for OM except he had 101yds receiving to go along with it

Ricky Aguayo, FG 6/6 & XP 3/3, 21pts...must be nice to have a kicker like that, as an OM fan I can only speculate

I can only hope that FSU is a great team (given the lopsided turnovers & TOP, losing by 11 isn't all that bad, but it certainly ain't good) but we'll just have to wait and see.

What about guns?When do we get guns?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
So who won pic em Will?

Some chik!

Word has it she's sleeping with Penguin, so you've gotta take that into consideration.... grin

You hear that Bob? If you sleep with Penguin good things could happen for you!

Plus then they'd really FEAR THE BOB

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Penguin Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Well we have week 2 and another chance tee'd up. Like most week 2 we've seen it looks easy but probably has a hiccup or two waiting to trip us up.

Will

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Gonna' be a homer today.

Go Gamecocks!!!!!

Utah vs BYU!....**sigh**

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Pitt-PSU turned into a very good game.

ClemPson looks like crap.

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by byc
Pitt-PSU turned into a very good game.

ClemPson looks like crap.

You should have seen Georgia.

What about guns?When do we get guns?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

who's fearing the Bob?

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Randy---thinking he ran off with Bambi. He pretty much stopped all LPE promotional campaigns.

Maybe he shifted his promotional dollars to The Donald!

Not much to fear here 'cept this new female Penguin!! wink

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
lol, Bambi would ruin his back within a week David.

how you doing on your picks?

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
No one wanting to talk about this today?? wink grin

FJB & FJT
Page 7 of 14 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

605 members (10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 160user, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 64 invisible), 2,706 guests, and 1,398 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,409
Posts18,528,121
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.