Home
I have to tell this story here it gets a little political but I think you all will find it funny and sad.

On my hunting trip we had two couples in camp. Both of the husbands were hunting the wives were not. One couple was ordinary folks from Arizona and the husband got his moose. The other couple was a very very happy and friendly couple.They were from Seattle Washington in there late 60's early 70's. Husband had been a corporate lawyer wife had been a high school teacher. Wife was attractive and you could tell she had been a real knock out when younger. They were very almost overly affectionate with each other. One couldnt go to the bathroom without the other with a goodbye kiss. Any way the wife was extremely friendly always asking how you were what you did for a living etc. Very prim and proper and ladylike.

On the next to the last day of the hunt I was eating lunch and the cook asked what we thought of the Presidential debate. We both said we wished we had better choices. I should state here that the wife was starting to whine a little about her husband not getting a Moose yet and that I had gotten a moose and a wolf. She then proceeded to ask me bluntly if I was a Trump voter. I knew were this was headed because I had heard her husband talking bad about Reagan one night. But left it alone to keep things cordial at camp. Anyway the I replied to the wife that I would vote for Trump because he was the lesser of two evils. She got red in the face and asked what do mean by that. I said well as far as I could tell he wasn't a criminal and didn't have a trail of dead people behind him. I also liked the fact that he had actually done something in his life other than sucking off the public tit. She said well I think the Presidency should be about diplomacy and not money. I agreed and said it should but Hillary is all about the Clinton foundation and collecting money for favors. All this time I was smiling and not upset. She went into a rage and scalded me about being a Republican. And that she couldnt believe that I could think that way. She wouldnt look at me or talk to me after that. I finished lunch and went outside as it was icy in the cabin. Later that evening she came up and asked if we were still friends. I replied I was never mad she had her right to her thoughts as well as I did. That made her mad again. She tried to be friendly from there on out but it was obviously forced. Suprising to me that people that think that away were in a hunting camp but oh well. Her husband wounded a moose and never found it. Was enlighning view into the mind of a liberal.
Sounds exactly like my sister....
I now see a need for "common sense" background checks. Seattle+ lawyer+school teacher = high probability for liberal thought.
Sounds like you need to be more selective of your hunting partners. No offense.
Originally Posted by Fireball2

I don't think he had a choice if it was an outfitted hunt.

A long long time ago there was not this anger toward each party, Of course most people had ethics, class and honor and did the right thing.
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

My observation is still relevant.
You done well. Got a moose, wolf, and pizzed off a liberal. I say that was the trifecta of a good outing.
In my experience, this is typical of just about every liberal I've ever met! They can't seem to grasp the fact that they could be wrong, or that anyone who disagrees with them could have logical, thoughtful reasons for doing so.
Just like our current "dear leader" and the "queen" in waiting, they know what's best for all of us. How dare we think for ourselves?!
7mm
Originally Posted by 7mmbuster
In my experience, this is typical of just about every liberal I've ever met! They can't seem to grasp the fact that they could be wrong, or that anyone who disagrees with them could have logical, thoughtful reasons for doing so.
Just like our current "dear leader" and the "queen" in waiting, they know what's best for all of us. How dare we think for ourselves?!
7mm

That's it in a nutshell. They're supremely arrogant and self-righteous.
They'd have been laughed out of our hunting camp. Myself and my circle of hunting parts wouldn't put up with that shlt especially not from some bltch in camp that's just there to irritate everyone.

Wounding and losing the moose would have incurred a justifiable response that I doubt would have been polite, funny no doubt but not polite.
The intolerance of the tolerant is always amusing.
Yep I kept getting those feelings they were Dems but figured a liberal wouldnt be hunting as he had hunted in a lot of places. Man did she get mad.
Originally Posted by Longbob
You done well. Got a moose, wolf, and pizzed off a liberal. I say that was the trifecta of a good outing.

Could a got a couple of stray donkeys too
Sounds like you shoulda mounted the liberal.
What he said.

What he said.
My wife is from the school group, and she a wouldn't piss on Hillary or any other liberal if they were on fire! I'm sure she's out numbered in that employment group, but she more than holds her own! As I was packing for camp this morning, she brought me a couple hillary for prison signs to display at camp!!

This but you acted with class which is far more than one can say about here.

As Paul said, the intolerance of the tolerant is amazing!
It's a funny pattern. Libs seem to get really angry when you disagree with them. Conservatives seems to recognize that views differ.
It is very difficult, nigh to impossible, to inject logic with the purpose of moving someone from an emotionally arrived at position.....
1) I would have offered condolences for him not getting his moose as if H were to get elected and we lost the 2A....

2) I would have offered condolances they had not known the Clintons personally years ago as she might have gotten to know Bill intimately, whether she wished or not.
Yeah, but, but she sits to piss. That alone, for many, qualifies her to be president, whereas talking dirty disqualifies one.....
Women voting has been the death of this country.
No discussions on politics or religion allowed at our hunting camp. Great "rule" (really no enforcement, but most people abide).
Originally Posted by efw

I have hunted with Charles and he is nothing but class. A pure gentleman. A great guy to sit around and chew the fat with as we have done.
The husband's name wasn't Francis Macomber by chance, was it?
should of grabbed her by the pussy, would of made her day...
I had a similar situation a few years ago. I told the wife of a camp goer that "you're an idiot" on day one of camp when she spouted off with self righteous indignation.

I got a kick out of saying "good morning idiot!" to her for the next 3 days while her cuck of a husband kept his mouth shut.

Being an alpha male is fun sometimes.
Women voting has been the death of this country.

Quoted for TRUTH
Originally Posted by 7mmMato
I have to tell this story here it gets a little political but I think you all will find it funny and sad.

On my hunting trip we had two couples in camp. Both of the husbands were hunting the wives were not. One couple was ordinary folks from Arizona and the husband got his moose. The other couple was a very very happy and friendly couple.They were from Seattle Washington in there late 60's early 70's. Husband had been a corporate lawyer wife had been a high school teacher. Wife was attractive and you could tell she had been a real knock out when younger. They were very almost overly affectionate with each other. One couldnt go to the bathroom without the other with a goodbye kiss. Any way the wife was extremely friendly always asking how you were what you did for a living etc. Very prim and proper and ladylike.

On the next to the last day of the hunt I was eating lunch and the cook asked what we thought of the Presidential debate. We both said we wished we had better choices. I should state here that the wife was starting to whine a little about her husband not getting a Moose yet and that I had gotten a moose and a wolf. She then proceeded to ask me bluntly if I was a Trump voter. I knew were this was headed because I had heard her husband talking bad about Reagan one night. But left it alone to keep things cordial at camp. Anyway the I replied to the wife that I would vote for Trump because he was the lesser of two evils. She got red in the face and asked what do mean by that. I said well as far as I could tell he wasn't a criminal and didn't have a trail of dead people behind him. I also liked the fact that he had actually done something in his life other than sucking off the public tit. She said well I think the Presidency should be about diplomacy and not money. I agreed and said it should but Hillary is all about the Clinton foundation and collecting money for favors. All this time I was smiling and not upset. She went into a rage and scalded me about being a Republican. And that she couldnt believe that I could think that way. She wouldnt look at me or talk to me after that. I finished lunch and went outside as it was icy in the cabin. Later that evening she came up and asked if we were still friends. I replied I was never mad she had her right to her thoughts as well as I did. That made her mad again. She tried to be friendly from there on out but it was obviously forced. Suprising to me that people that think that away were in a hunting camp but oh well. Her husband wounded a moose and never found it. Was enlighning view into the mind of a liberal.

I am very familiar with those type as my mother is one...if it is not in pammy-world it doesn't exist.

Absolutely no clue at all about human nature or human interactions.
I don't know if you were in the room Friday night, but Jason's Dad is a liberal. He's voting for Trump because "he's just a common man and not one of those rich Washington types."

I left it at that. Good enough, I suppose.
Originally Posted by Steelhead

Ha ha

Lucky for him they weren't dangerous game hunting... or was it?
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by efw

I have hunted with Charles and he is nothing but class. A pure gentleman. A great guy to sit around and chew the fat with as we have done.

I've found that to be true of an awful lot of guys here.

That should have read "...more than on can say about HER..."
Originally Posted by ingwe

And mine. Though she is otherwise a wonderful person, she is a lawyer and married to a physician from a union family from the heart of the once flourishing automotive industry in Michigan.

I am apparently the aberration in my family and amongst my siblings; my father was in academia and a "conservative liberal"; my mother followed suit as did my sibs, though my next brother seems politically schizophrenic.

I am the only hunter/shooter in the family; they look at me as a Montana Freeman living in Iowa. You just can't talk about politics as they seem impervious to the facts as they are. They just cannot see what's happening; nor can they discuss it.
I would tell them this country did not become great by pursuing suicidal policies. wink
In a situation like that I would avoid politics as a topic of discussion like the plague. Although it is unusual in the extreme to come upon a rabid leftist in a big game hunting camp.
"Was enlighting view into the mind of a liberal."

Every liberal I have ever spoken with has brought to mind the old expression " the light is on, but no one is home"

tom

Only to you!
Originally Posted by 7mmMato
She wouldnt look at me or talk to me after that.

Sounds like a win/win for you. smile

Your lack of comprehension never ceases to amaze.
Originally Posted by jaguartx
I would tell them this country did not become great by pursuing suicidal policies. wink

Gee; I hadn't thought of that. 😉

Originally Posted by Steelhead

Laffin!!!!!
Sounds exactly like my ex-wife.
Originally Posted by victoro
Sounds exactly like my ex-wife.

Did you ever find the moose? laugh
Originally Posted by SKane

You don't even register on my radar and yet you can't pass up an opportunity to be a jackoff? Knock yourself out champ.

It's not hard- make choices that land you in a camp with a liberal asswipe then deny you could have made a different choice? That's a lack of comprehension of some very basic truths.

I was recently invited to share a camp with my best friend and some other guys I'd never met. When I asked about the other guys I was doing my due diligence to make sure I didn't end up in camp with someone I didn't want to be camped with. My time afield is valuable to me, as are alot of things, and I take responsibility for protecting it. I'm not the least bit interested in being around someone I don't like on a vacation or a hunt.

You don't even register on my radar and yet you can't pass up an opportunity to be a jackoff? Knock yourself out champ.

It's not hard- make choices that land you in a camp with a liberal asswipe then deny you could have made a different choice? That's a lack of comprehension of some very basic truths.

I was recently invited to share a camp with my best friend and some other guys I'd never met. When I asked about the other guys I was doing my due diligence to make sure I didn't end up in camp with someone I didn't want to be camped with. My time afield is valuable to me, as are alot of things, and I take responsibility for protecting it. I'm not the least bit interested in being around someone I don't like on a vacation or a hunt.

Oh Ok that makes it much clearer, Next time I book a hunt I will call the outfitter to hold my spot and insist there be no liberals booking at the same time.

Let me know how that goes the next time you ask an outfitter if the wives of any of the hunters in camp will be Hillary supporters.
And the moral of the story:

Liberals and Hunting Camp don't mix...
Ed, no sense in trying to get him to understand.
At least when his wife posts for him, she's reasonably pragmatic.

You don't even register on my radar and yet you can't pass up an opportunity to be a jackoff?

Yet, you responded. smile

Thinking is hard work - you should engage it sometime.

Scott, I would imagine I would get a GFY from any respectable outfitter if I asked for a specific political leaning hunting camp. grin
You guys just don't get it. Attacking me doesn't change my point. You actually just look more like the left when you do that.

If you don't want to end up somewhere with someone you don't want to be around, do what you have to do to avoid it. It's not hard.

Scott, I would imagine I would get a GFY from any respectable outfitter if I asked for a specific political leaning hunting camp. grin

I also believe having a liberal in hunting camp ain't no gravy train for the outfitters either... whistle
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

I also believe having a liberal in hunting camp ain't no gravy train for the outfitters either... whistle

I screen my customers, and tell some no, I'm not available if I don't want to work for them. Maybe outfitters could try that, to protect everyone's time in camp. I would want my outfitter to protect my time in camp, or I would hire a different outfitter. The last thing anyone wants is to share a camp with a flaming liberal, so why not be pro-active to ensure it doesn't happen? It's not hard, just a couple questions to potential clients is all it would take, and viola, no more threads about liberals in hunting camp.
You guys just don't get it. Attacking me doesn't change my point. You actually just look more like the left when you do that.

If you don't want to end up somewhere with someone you don't want to be around, do what you have to do to avoid it. It's not hard.

What you are proving is a total lack of experience with fully guided hunts...

Going hunting with a bunch of friends of friends is one thing. This situation is entirely different.
You should have told her it doesn't matter what she thinks because women aren't allowed to vote.

Dave

I'm not telling anyone to do anything they don't want to do.

BUT, if you're going to end up spending your vacation time and a few thousand dollars of your money camped with a flaming liberal, you ought to be asking yourself "How can I avoid this in the future?"

When you get to that place, my posts will make perfect sense. You'll be thinking about your due diligence, and what questions you should ask an outfitter before you book. If you're not there yet, oh well, it sucks to be you, in camp with a liberal. Some guys aren't smart enough to learn their lessons the easy way.
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd
Originally Posted by ingwe

And mine. Though she is otherwise a wonderful person, she is a lawyer and married to a physician from a union family from the heart of the once flourishing automotive industry in Michigan.

You just can't talk about politics as they seem impervious to the facts as they are. They just cannot see what's happening; nor can they discuss it.

Why is it that the 'well insulated' and well heeled amongst us believe this way?

I think its because they've never lived paycheck to paycheck and watched the dirtbag in line in front of them at the grocery store pay for a family pack of filet mignon with food stamps. ( yep..happened to me...)

And my sisters ass wouldn't know how to behave if it wasn't on a warmed leather seat in a Mercedes..
Originally Posted by deflave
You should have told her it doesn't matter what she thinks because women aren't allowed to vote.

Dave

If only that were the case...
Running into liberals that want to engage is a gift.

I'd have had her on prescription meds and seeing a therapist once a week by the time she got back home.

And her husband would be paying for it.

Dave

I'd have had her on prescription meds and seeing a therapist once a week by the time she got back home.

Dave

+1

I would have made some sport out of it... grin
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

I screen my customers, and tell some no, I'm not available if I don't want to work for them. Maybe outfitters could try that, to protect everyone's time in camp. I would want my outfitter to protect my time in camp, or I would hire a different outfitter. The last thing anyone wants is to share a camp with a flaming liberal, so why not be pro-active to ensure it doesn't happen? It's not hard, just a couple questions to potential clients is all it would take, and viola, no more threads about liberals in hunting camp.

Brilliant
Oversimplified for the slow learners in the crowd.
Ingwe said:

"I think its because they've never lived paycheck to paycheck and watched the dirtbag in line in front of them at the grocery store pay for a family pack of filet mignon with food stamps. ( yep..happened to me...)"

This happened to me: Right out of college, as a new 2nd Lt in the Marines in the early 70's, I was poor as a rock, scraping by paycheck to paycheck because a huge hunk of my pay was being deducted each month to pay for my uniforms, including sword and wool overcoat and dress blues. (Yes, officers had to pay for all their uniforms). Plus I was paying all my wife's school expenses as she was still a student. Lean times.

In the grocery store I got stuck behind two 30-something women slowly cruising an aisle. One of the women started to put some canned cat-food in the basket. The other woman said, "No, put that back. We can't pay for that with food stamps. We will get canned tuna for the cats."

I was behind them at the checkout counter. Their basket had a dozen cans of tuna, and steaks, and all kinds of stuff that I couldn't afford at the time. I watched them pay with food stamps. It made a lasting impression on me.

Dave

I agree, I love it when a liberal wants to discuss politics........ or anything for that matter. It's too much fun to pass up but my wife says I'm going to hell for picking on the simple minded!

You really are safariman-obtuse. Congrats.

And there it is, the ultimate campfire putdown. Not terribly original by now of course, but well-timed anyway, played for maximum effect. Bravo.

Got anything else, like an original thought of your own I mean, that you could contribute?

And there it is, the ultimate campfire putdown. Not terribly original by now of course, but well-timed anyway, played for maximum effect. Bravo.

Got anything else, like an original thought of your own I mean, that you could contribute?

Made me laugh!

Of course I spent enough time in hunting and fishing lodges from both sides of the equation to know how things really work in "client selection."

Actually, it's rather germane to the conversation. 50 people could tell him he was wrong but after all, 50 rational and reasoning folks couldn't possibly be right. You smellin' what I'm cookin'?

How many hunts have you been on that required an outfitter or guide.
Yea next time I go on a guided hunt I will have the outfitter vex any liberals from the camp. Get real Fireball I had no idea who would be there. I was confident I could deal with whomever was there. I didn't have a bad time because of her. She didn't ruin my hunt or vacation. She was really pleasant till the subject was brought up unintentionally. Like I said it was a enlightning view into a liberals mind. She was eventually pleasant again but I could tell she no longer liked me. Oh well I was pleasant to her and even wished her and her hubby a safe trip home.

I would go again knowing she was there because I am adult enough to handle the situation.

Thanks Skane and Edm for your support.

Charles
You killed a moose and a wolf, and pissed off a leftist bitch, all on the same hunt?

Schit, PM me the info for your favorite bar and your name. I'll gladly buy you a beer.
Yep, being engaged by a liberal is a hoot, assuming one has an IQ of at least 50

If your IQ is less than 50, it's best to have all public outings vetted prior to venturing outside.
I find it "entertaining" to kill bitches with kindness.
Pretty quickly, everyone else around figures out just who the a-hole really is!
Give 'em enough rope - and they'll hang themselves. smile
© 24hourcampfire