Home
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6L3mBpF-4oQ

If this has been discussed, please disregard
Principal: "We don't have dead animals in school."

Student's Mom: "Then what do you serve in the cafeteria?"

What a shame they did the little girl that way.

We had a kid last year kill a nice 9pt that he got mounted and he brought the mount to school in his truck. He asked me if I wanted to see it, of course I did. He brings the shoulder mount in and asks if he can leave it in my room, it started to rain, so I said absolutely. The principal came by, the assistant principal came by, 5 teachers came by and about 20-30 students came by just to see the deer. This year we had a kid kill a 10pt. He brought it to school on the way to processor while I was on lunch duty and by the time it was all said and done about 50 people, some administration and some teachers swung by to see it.
Area, bearcat?

East Tennessee
sent some nice emails to them "teachers"
[b][color:#3333FF]Another Link with phone numbers.[/color][/b]

Shameful behavior by the teacher and administration. 1st year teacher screwed up badly and could help the situation out by apologizing.

Poor girl had an exciting event turned into crap.

You can also bet with the heat the teacher is likely taking, the parents gotta wonder whether their daughter will get fair and unbiased treatment in the classroom.
I really like the way Vicki McKenna played the "taught not to bully" comeback. Good one!!
You can also bet with the heat the teacher is likely taking, the parents gotta wonder whether their daughter will get fair and unbiased treatment in the classroom.

Public floggings would remedy this.
Jaguartx: At our local schools the schools PA (public announcement) system is used to herald the harvest of students "first deer" and first and subsequent Elk harvests!
These occasions are viewed as honorable and noteworthy achievements.
Moving to Montana 19 years ago was THE BEST decision I have ever made in my life.
Period.
I feel bad for that 9 year old.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
I have friends whose daughter is a senior at Blaine, Minnesota high school. Blaine is a suburban school 15 miles straight north of Minneapolis. An option for her fall semester, which she took, was outdoor experiences. The Minnesota DNR dropped off a road killed deer and they had to gut it. The course ended with everyone going to a gun range and qualifying to get their firearms safety certificate. I'm still trying to get a hold of the course outline.

If this can happen in liberal suburban Minnesota, all is not lost.
When I was in school (70's) in a small rural high school, even if we skipped school to go hunting we would bring the kill by to show off. If we hunted before school, we not only brought our guns to school and left them in the truck, we left them in the gun racks in the back windshield so all could see them. Didn't even lock the doors. Different time for sure.
Hell, school is closed the 1st week of rifle season here.
the disturbing thing is , had this little girl showed up at school with a sweatshirt with a dead baby on it and the declaration "i had my first abortion" she would have been touted as a role model for the other kids.

our educational system has been taken over , top to bottom with progressive scum.
Originally Posted by Steelhead

Should be that way everywhere. Then inner city kids would love hunters.
Liberal trash.
Originally Posted by Ruger77Shooter
When I was in school (70's) in a small rural high school, even if we skipped school to go hunting we would bring the kill by to show off. If we hunted before school, we not only brought our guns to school and left them in the truck, we left them in the gun racks in the back windshield so all could see them. Didn't even lock the doors. Different time for sure.

It was the same here in N. TX
I grew up SW PA. Missing school to go deer hunt was an acceptable excuse.I think they even closed a lot of schools opening day because of all the students missing.

I remember my father telling people that he could teach us boys more in one week of deer hunting than we would learn at school
I'm ashamed that came about in my state. If ahe were closer, I'd offer to take her hunting.
What kind of gift could be mailed to the family for her, that would show support, without being creepy or intrusive? Any idea? Something she would understand, and the parents would approve?
What kind of gift could be mailed to the family for her

email her teacher and principal. Make em slither back into the shadows. Speak up.
Originally Posted by watch4bear
What kind of gift could be mailed to the family for her

email her teacher and principal. Make em slither back into the shadows.

No. A young proud hunter matters more to me than hate mail to a closed minded waste of skin liberal.
Fire the teacher. Hunting is a topic dear to most of us, but topic not considered, the teacher was wrong to act this way with a 9 year old.
Originally Posted by Steelhead

Not closed officially here. But if you ask for it off, ya gonna git it. Denial would could a bit of a stir.
The 1st week of rifle starts the Saturday before Thanksgiving.

School is out the entire week of Thanksgiving, which is of course the 1st week of deer season.
Our local paper (once a week) shows kids every week with the deer they've killed.
Originally Posted by kellory

What kind of gift could be mailed to the family for her, that would show support, without being creepy or intrusive? Any idea? Something she would understand, and the parents would approve?

Good idea. The young lady deserves to know not everyone thinks like her teacher and school and supports her success.

I'm in for going in on a gift to show support.
Fire the teacher and make sure the reason is made public.
When I was teaching in Alaska, a close friend brought in a silver tipped black wolf he had just trapped.

The entire class spent 20 minutes admiring that fine trophy and his trapping story.

Our english teacher kept his rifle in the corner of the classroom and cleaned it at lunchtime--then after school we went hunting with him.

And we would also drive to school with our rifles in the gunrack and not lock the doors.

In Colorado, school districts still take one or two days off in mid October. The vacation days were originally for rifle season, but I'm sure that most school districts, administrators and teachers on the Front Range don't even know that.........

Casey
If you're a teacher, pretty regular you get students sporting ideas you might find abhorrent or plain just don't agree with, one learns to keep one's mouth shut or to carefully phrase what you do say.

That idiot teacher does not belong in a classroom, the idiot Principal doesn't belong in any school.

JMHO
Birdwatcher
The first day of small game season and the first day of deer season were always excused absences at our school. Heck, we used to bring our shotguns to high school in our cars, and after school, walk across the football field and hunt rabbits, pheasants, deer and ducks in the swamps and strip mine land. My biology teacher would let us clean game in the chemistry lab before class, as long as we gave him a rabbit or duck. Senior year, one of our our teachers hunted with us a lot after school. Nowadays, if you show up for class with a nail clipper in your pocket, they call the SWAT team. How times have changed. A teacher gave my son some grief one time over his sudden case of Buck Fever that happened to occur on the first day of deer season. By the time I got done talking to the teacher, the assistant principal, the principal, the school board, and the local paper, that teacher was keeping a very low profile and lucky to still have a job. I hunt with the principal on a regular basis, and he wasn't too thrilled about his teacher's attitude towards my son going deer hunting.
Someone needs to be paid a visit in the parking lot and introduced to a length of saw chain.
Well, as long as Public Indoctrination Schools are allowed to operate this will continue. These "schools" exist to teach alright, teach the leftest way of beliefs.
Originally Posted by Lonny

Good idea. The young lady deserves to know not everyone thinks like her teacher and school and supports her success.

I'm in for going in on a gift to show support.

I'm thinking about her age, and wondering if a hunting knife, fire starting kit, a good compass with instructions, something along that line. I have pocket fishing kits i made for friends i could toss into the pot, as well. (Things to keep her interested in the outdoors and off the X-box.)
Anybody know how to reach the Superintendent or School Board?
https://d3axvdqkyu09xk.cloudfront.net/attachments/img_20150224_010211056-jpg.33425/

something like this is both beautiful and functional. This one is mine, and well used by now. I think i will contact the Craftsman, and see if he has materials to make another.
Originally Posted by Slidellkid
Anybody know how to reach the Superintendent or School Board?
eacher: Hannah Copa: [email protected]

Principal: James Carpenter: [email protected];
(330) 239-1901.

Superintendent: Catherine Aukerman:
[email protected]; (330) 239-1901, ext. 1217.
Originally Posted by 1minute
yes and make a facebook page for everyone help make sure this happens very publicly. Kids parents should sue school for bullying
Originally Posted by ldholton
yes and make a facebook page for everyone help make sure this happens very publicly. Kids parents should sue school for bullying

Go ahead, but expect some opposition. Facebook has taken gun pics down, refused ad space to gun manufactures, shops, anything gun related.
I personally, will not facebook. Do not evwn have an account.

Go ahead, but expect some opposition. Facebook has taken gun pics down, refused ad space to gun manufactures, shops, anything gun related.

Not true about pictures. There are groups that I am a member of. You have to be admitted but they are there. For me Tikka owners and K31 owners. Lots of gun and dead animal pics in California D zone hunters group too. People put FS stuff on all of those too. All kinds of accessories from holsters to knives to stocks and ammo are all on FB. How would you really know without a FB account?
The school website contains the following comment:

"As you may be aware, there has been extensive media coverage regarding one of our Hinckley students as it pertains to a hunting-related sweatshirt. The District and the student’s family resolved this issue seven weeks ago. The family is satisfied with the resolution and requests that the matter be closed."

So they're feeling the heat. I wonder what the "resolution" was?

Incidentally, the school is located in Medina, Ohio, which is a small town about 35 or 40 miles from Cleveland. Medina County is a very hot deer hunting area.
Originally Posted by smarquez

Not true about pictures. There are groups that I am a member of. You have to be admitted but they are there. For me Tikka owners and K31 owners. Lots of gun and dead animal pics in California D zone hunters group too. People put FS stuff on all of those too. All kinds of accessories from holsters to knives to stocks and ammo are all on FB. How would you really know without a FB account?
yup i post hunting and gun pics all the time. the only they don't let do is sell guns, on your page.
Originally Posted by smarquez

Simple enough. Wife and kids are all on facebook. And i did not say ALL PICS did I? I know a gun parts manufacturer that had issues with FB, I know another that might have assembled those "cricket" .22s that recently were mentioned. (Depending on thier dates) he was rather proud of the simple little guns.
There have also been problems qith anti-gun banks deciding to cut off businesses that don't "fit our business model" even though they have done business for many years. (This was going on while gun manufacturers were relocating to other more gun friendly states)
The anti-gunners never sleep, they never stop.
When I took drivers education we drove logging roads and the instructor shot grouse. My how times have changed
Originally Posted by deerstalker
the disturbing thing is , had this little girl showed up at school with a sweatshirt with a dead baby on it and the declaration "i had my first abortion" she would have been touted as a role model for the other kids.

You're right!
© 24hourcampfire