Home
Read about it here.
Have a RRA AR15 for sale cheap and I will never do business with the corksuckers again.

have run at least a hundred of them through here and will never do another. I still will not buy a new S&W and Ruger gives me heartburn.
Well, I WAS going to buy a RRA upper. I think I'll get a DoubleStar instead.

I thought that at least one of these companies was talking of bugging out Illanoyed if the communist state legislature kept screwing with them.
I've already written both of these douchebags, I would suggest everyone here do the same.

They need a good glimpse of their future and used as an example for all other gun manufacturers.
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Have a RRA AR15 for sale cheap and I will never do business with the corksuckers again.

have run at least a hundred of them through here and will never do another. I still will not buy a new S&W and Ruger gives me heartburn.

I am glad I read this. Not sure what to do since I need 10 or 15 more RRA varmint triggers and they are the best buy by far... guess I"ll just suck it up.

I'm with ya on SW and Ruger, though lately I've violated my own rules once with each one, to get what no one else offered at the time.

Hate it when our own folks cave in.... ridiculous.
Bad idea.

Far better for them to have pledged to leave the state if the law passed, like Beretta did in Maryland. Then they'd be heros instead of wusses.
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

I am glad I read this. Not sure what to do since I need 10 or 15 more RRA varmint triggers and they are the best buy by far... guess I"ll just suck it up.

I'm with ya on SW and Ruger, though lately I've violated my own rules once with each one, to get what no one else offered at the time.

Hate it when our own folks cave in.... ridiculous.

Buy them second hand...
I once came close to ordering a custom 1911 from RRA. I've bought several 1911s from Springfield Armory, and still have two. I wouldn't consider buying another from either of them after this, and I hope they go out of business.

This will have an effect on their bottom lines. Their big problem is backtracking is not possible.
Yippee, another one (or two I should say).

And that response from the owner/ceo of Springfield makes it sound he's getting ready to run for political office. Nothing really definitive as in "yes we support this legislation" or "no we do not support it". mad

Geno
Illinois wins, thanks to those two companies - and all of you. Illinois wants fewer guns sold, and you folks are obliging. That's exactly how they'll spin it.
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Illinois wins, thanks to those two companies - and all of you. Illinois wants fewer guns sold, and you folks are obliging. That's exactly how they'll spin it.

With the current glut of AR and semi-auto pistol manufacturers out there post Hillary's loss they will not be missed.
Not good!
The best thing we can do to these companies, especially Springfield Armory, is to stop buying their guns. There are plenty of other options for their pistols and rifles. The drop in sales will hopefully lead to the same outcome for Gary Reese as it did for that other POS Cooper - loss of control of the company he founded.

No matter what Reese says, he would rather trade "temporary safety for essential freedoms" (Jefferson), so he is NOT a SA supporter.

A pox on his house - don't buy RRAs or SA products.
Anybody wanna guess the first 2 companies to go titts up due to lack of demand???

Nope. Illinois only won if I don't buy a gun because of it. I'll still buy just as many guns as before, they just won't be Springfields. So, Illinois loses because the revenue generated by those firms goes to firms located in other states.
Evidently the Springfield and Rock River folks weren't around when Smith & Wesson made a deal with the Clintonistas. mad
Well I'm not going to cut off my face to smoke my nose!
Originally Posted by navlav8r
Evidently the Springfield and Rock River folks weren't around when Smith & Wesson made a deal with the Clintonistas. mad

Those who fail to learn the mistakes of history and all...

Fewer guns sold? No need. Just buy them from decent American companies instead of RRA or Springfield.
First saw this on the AK47-74 Youtube site. Bad deal. I don't know much about RRA, but I have been a Springfield owner for quite a while. I won't be doing anymore business with them. Hope they both go under.
What do you say to all those folks who swore they'd forever boycott S&W, Colt, and Ruger and a couple other gun companies for doing things they didn't approve? Or those who won't buy from companies like Taurus or Remington because they had one poor product or bad customer relations episode? How many gun companies are left to buy from if we keep boycotting them?
What do you say to all those folks who swore they'd forever boycott S&W, Colt, and Ruger and a couple other gun companies for doing things they didn't approve? Or those who won't buy from companies like Taurus or Remington because they had one poor product or bad customer relations episode? How many gun companies are left to buy from if we keep boycotting them?

If nature abhors a vacuum, what would you call it when business sees an opportunity?

We need manufacturers, but they need to pull their heads out and realize whose team we are on.
RRA and SA hired a lobbying group to schmooze politicians for them. Said lobbying group cuts a sweetheart deal for RRA and SA choosing servitude above freedom. At the very least, RRA and SA are guilty of gross negligence for not overseeing the actions of their paid lobbyists. At worst, and as this develops it seems more likely, they are traitors to the firearms community and enemies of the second amendment.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the

Tranquility of servitude better than the

Animating contest of freedom, go home from

us in peace. We ask not your counsels or

arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which

feed you. May your chains set lightly upon

you, and may posterity forget that ye were

our countrymen."

~ Samuel Adams, speech at the

Philadelphia State House, August 1, 1776

You don't have to boycott anything if you don't want. But you are missing the whole point. A boycott is effective ONLY if if you say "we will not buy your products until you get your head out of your behind and figure out who butters your bread. We will return as customers when the institution makes the changes (in management, political stance, quality control, etc) that we seek".

A boycott isn't forever. A boycott is until the company is sufficiently punished it changes its course. Both Smith and Ruger took a beating and have subsequently changed, although I don't think anyone is a fan of the Smith lock. I will buy a Smith or a Ruger, I won't buy any more Springfields until something changes. If you NEVER go back, the company has no incentive to change because they believe they lost you forever. You WILL go back, after they change. That's an effective boycott.
You are absolutely correct. But in other conversations on this topic, I have read about guys who are still boycotting S&W, and Ruger, and Colt, and Remington, and Taurus, and even Winchester/Browning for various and assorted (often flimsy) reasons. Hence my post.
I wrote both douche bag companies and expressed my discontent, so far nothing but we did have thye weekend and I'm sure they have been flooded with calls and emails.

We'll see.
Email sent.....took 15 seconds.....everyone needs to take time to voice their discontent. Sent it to the sales email contact on their website......speak up folks!
I've been considering another 1911, and had looked at the SA Range Officer and the Ruger, both have adjustable sights (which I prefer). The Ruger had a much better trigger than the SA, though others I've looked at had better triggers than that particular RO. I also liked the sights on the Ruger better.

I ended up NOT buying either one, and bought another rifle instead, but now I'll be on the lookout for the Ruger when I DO decide to buy another. I guess that Colt I've got now will just have to keep on duty alone for awhile longer.
Here is RRA's reply to this pending legislation. I can't get it to copy and paste. There is nothing on Armalite's web site about todays development.

http://www.rockriverarms.com/images/pdfs/RRA_Stmt17.pdf
It sounds to me that they need to give their lobbyists a swift kick in the nutsack and perhaps hire someone who won't capitulate to the Enemy.

No one is more enslaved than those who think they are free or that their slave masters are reasonable.
Originally Posted by kwg020
Here is RRA's reply to this pending legislation. I can't get it to copy and paste. There is nothing on Armalite's web site about todays development.

http://www.rockriverarms.com/images/pdfs/RRA_Stmt17.pdf

They can say anything they want actions are what counts.

Are they still supporting IFMA? If so than they are saying one thing and doing another. If I get time tomorrow I will make a call and find out.

If the letter they put out is true IFMA needs to be upended.
I sent Springfield Customer Service an email with a link to the article. The body of my email:

If this is true, you guys got real problems. The internet boards are lit up.
It's no excuse to cave to a bad law just because you think it won't pass. It tells your customers you aren't really supporters of the people who support your business.
If it's true, you've screwed yourself, your customers and your employees.
Your customers will go elsewhere. Used Springfield arms will be all over the place.
I've got one Springfield and no Rock River's. The Springfield is a nice 1911 Loaded model, but it was danged near as high as the Colt I've also got and I could get along without the Springfield.
I sent an e-mail to Springfield Armory about this a few days back. This afternoon I received an e-mail from them asking me to fight SB 1657.
Just got an email from Springfield Armory asking to fight SB 1657... I ended with this as part of a longer email...

"Sorry, not buying your pathetic lies. We know what you did and will hold you accountable for this.

You have three possible reasons how you could have allowed this situation to happen:
1) You are incredibly incompetent, or
2) You are incredibly stupid, or
3) You are vile, two-faced opportunists.

Your choice."

Screw 'em!
And I spoke directly to my guy at RRA and told them "later!"
Originally Posted by 12344mag
I've already written both of these douchebags, I would suggest everyone here do the same. .

I did. All I wrote was, "Traitors!!"

Their response: "We appreciate your concern in regard to SB1657. To discuss the matter further, please contact Sarah Larson, General Manager at 309-792-5780.

Thank you,

Rock River Arms, Inc."

So, they knew exactly what I was referring to.
Originally Posted by P_Weed
Well I'm not going to cut off my face to smoke my nose!

THe smoker you drink the player you get.

"Springfield Armory & Rock River Arms Made Campaign Contributions to Anti-Gun Rights Politicians"

May 2, 2017

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...ibutions-to-anti-gun-rights-politicians/
RRA has at least posted on their website that they have cut ties with IFMA. Nothing from Springfield. Their silence speaks volumes.
Originally Posted by 86thecat

"Springfield Armory & Rock River Arms Made Campaign Contributions to Anti-Gun Rights Politicians"

May 2, 2017

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...ibutions-to-anti-gun-rights-politicians/

Thank you very much! I like the guys at RRA and feel bad for them... that link makes it very easy to write them off forever.
I'm beginning to believe RRA was duped by the IFMA but Springfield Armory's silence is deafening.

I just sent another email to SA, they didn't answer the first one I'll see what they do with this one.
I got a response from Lexi with Springfield Armory stating that they had never supported anything that was anti second amendment. They enclosed the following link:

http://blog.springfield-armory.com/...arding-gun-dealer-licensing-act-sb1657-0
Lobbyists for the most part are low-level politicians who hire themselves out as mercenaries to the highest bidder. Most times their interests are their own self-interests rather than principles they are hired to defend.

I think I'm satisfied that RRA and SA were duped by those they hired to look out for their interests.
You are absolutely correct. But in other conversations on this topic, I have read about guys who are still boycotting S&W, and Ruger, and Colt, and Remington, and Taurus, and even Winchester/Browning for various and assorted (often flimsy) reasons. Hence my post.

Don't forget Cooper's endorsement of Obama. I know the company changed hands, but I'm still buying $300 Mausers instead of $3000 Coopers.

Of course, you might say I'm just a cheapskate.
© 24hourcampfire