Home
Posted By: Redneck Active shooter in FL? - 02/14/18
On Fox news now...
Posted By: Redneck Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/14/18
On WSVN ... Schools' on lockdown - students told to hold in rooms/barricades..
20 injured reported..

Link: https://wsvn.com/news/local/
FOX link:

http://streamfare.com/foxnews.html
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/14/18
This crap is getting out of hand. Something is going to have to give. I don't know the answer, but it's time to get tough on this stuff.
Posted By: SandBilly Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/14/18
Shooter still at large..
Originally Posted by JamesJr
This crap is getting out of hand. Something is going to have to give. I don't know the answer, but it's time to get tough on this stuff.

The only solution consistent with our Bill of Rights would be a policy encouraging school staff with concealed weapon permits to carry while on school grounds.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

The only solution consistent with our Bill of Rights would be a policy encouraging school staff with concealed weapon permits to carry while on school grounds.

THAT!! As long as these idiotic "gun free zones" exist, there WILL be mass shootings since there's no one there to 'repel boarders', so to speak.. Dumbass liberals..
Posted By: Nebraska Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/14/18
Liz Clayman and Lt. Col Peters are on Fox clamouring for gun control! They say "military grade" weapons need to be in the hands of the military. I bet England wished they would have thought of that a couple hundred years ago!!

How about arming the security at these schools to stop these criminals/terrorists from inflicting carnage on these "gun-free" zones!
Originally Posted by Nebraska
Liz Clayman and Gen Peters are on Fox clamouring for gun control! They say "military grade" weapons need to be in the hands of the military.

That Peters guy is a neocon piece of [bleep]!
Posted By: centershot Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/14/18
Shooter is a student from 'Alternative School'. Wonder why? Tragic.
Liz Clayman and Gen Peters are on Fox clamouring for gun control! They say "military grade" weapons need to be in the hands of the military. I bet England wished they would have thought of that a couple hundred years ago!!

How about arming the security at these schools to stop these criminals/terrorists from inflicting carnage on these "gun-free" zones!

If libby bozos are so certain we'd be safer w/o guns, I would then ask 'em WHY do police have them??? Is it to ensure their 'safety'???? Huh! Who'da thunk it?
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/14/18
Originally Posted by centershot
Shooter is a student from 'Alternative School'. Wonder why? Tragic.

They need to make a good boy out of him if not happened already.

Prayers for the victims and families.
Posted By: Mac84 Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/14/18
person of interest was just taken into custody
Posted By: add Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/14/18
Originally Posted by Mac84

Have they linked him to Russia yet?

White male.

And an evil idiot. mad
Prayers on the way
Posted By: Mac84 Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/14/18
FL senator is saying many are dead
Posted By: hanco Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/14/18
I better go hug my guns!

I hope it’s not bad!!
Originally Posted by hanco
I hope it’s not bad!!

You can bet it is.

A shooter among unarmed people in a school can be nothing but.
Any word on what gun was used?
Posted By: persiandog Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/14/18
at least 14 people were injured. The shooting suspect, who fled the scene, was been taken into custody in a neighborhood nearby
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/14/18
We all know the "cure", of course. Take arms from law abiding citizens. Or, here we go again.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/14/18
Peters

The name says it all

Mealy-mouf pencil pusher already had to eat crow once a few months back. Fox is a glutton for stupidity inviting him back b
Posted By: KMS Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/14/18
It's high time these punks are executed. I don't care if they're minors or not. There needs to be punishment fitting the crime, then the next little prick will think twice about it.
Posted By: Sharpsman Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/14/18
This schitt should never be made public! Never put on tv!

And the MSM is already seeking motive!!

Idiots don’t need motive!!
Posted By: rong Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/14/18
Originally Posted by Sharpsman

Then they wouldn't be able to push the "anti gun" narrative.
Any word on injured /fatalities?
Posted By: slumlord Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/14/18
Social media and kids

The bullied becomes the bully
Posted By: jorgeI Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/14/18
Yep, meskin'-type las name. Let us hope he's illegal, moslem and used a muzzle loader for the Gagger Ship Smith and Sen Bill Nelson (D) OF COURSE are already on the politics...
Shooter: Nicolas de Jesus Cruz

Wanna bet he wasn't born here?

“We were told last year that he wasn’t allowed on campus with a backpack on him,” said math teacher Jim Gard, who said the former student suspected in the shootings had been in his class last year. “There were problems with him last year threatening students, and I guess he was asked to leave campus.”

Gard says he believes the school administration had sent out an email warning teachers that the student had made threats against other in the past and that he should not be allowed on the campus with a backpack. Another student interviewed on the scene by Channel 7 said the student had guns at home.

Once again, the shooter was "Known to police".
Sheriff says 14 transported wounded. No number on dead.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/14/18
Originally Posted by Redneck

THAT!! As long as these idiotic "gun free zones" exist, there WILL be mass shootings since there's no one there to 'repel boarders', so to speak.. Dumbass liberals..

The answer really is that simple.
Posted By: gitem_12 Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/14/18
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

“We were told last year that he wasn’t allowed on campus with a backpack on him,” said math teacher Jim Gard, who said the former student suspected in the shootings had been in his class last year. “There were problems with him last year threatening students, and I guess he was asked to leave campus.”

Gard says he believes the school administration had sent out an email warning teachers that the student had made threats against other in the past and that he should not be allowed on the campus with a backpack. Another student interviewed on the scene by Channel 7 said the student had guns at home.

Where does it say he was known to the police? If that school is like any around here they don't tell the pd anything. Because they don't wanna jeopardize the future of the student
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/14/18

You're wanting to scrap the 1st Amendment? It's there to make sure that politicians can't hide stuff like this for political purposes.
All (almost) of the most important things in our society are protected by people with guns.

There's a reason for that.
Originally Posted by gitem_12

Where does it say he was known to the police? If that school is like any around here they don't tell the pd anything. Because they don't wanna jeopardize the future of the student

If the school administration didn't contact police about an adult student they felt threatened by enough to ban him from carrying a backpack, after he'd made threats, then the incident definitely has school culpability as well.
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/14/18

White male.

And an evil idiot. mad

hispanic male, and a known trouble maker. He was already banned from the school. Authorities knew he was dangerous, that he had made numerous 'credible' threats, and yet...............................nothing was done
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/14/18

I'l even wager he's a dreamer........
Originally Posted by 12344mag

I'l even wager he's a dreamer........

Dimmocrats wouldn't care.

It's the gun's fault....
Posted By: JPro Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/14/18
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
All (almost) of the most important things in our society are protected by people with guns.

This is the most appropriate answer available at this time.

It's the "well, we shouldn't have to" mentality that prevents us from protecting our school-aged children with an armed presence. We shouldn't have to put security systems on our homes, locks on our bicycles, cameras in our banks, and uninsured motorist policies on our cars. But we do it because experience has taught us that it became necessary at some point.......
Posted By: MOGC Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/14/18
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine

Excellent... I hope you don't mind but I plan to borrow that and put it into play when and where appropriate.
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/14/18
I want to know how he got the gun. I never did learn how the Kentucky school shooter got his gun.
Posted By: RickyD Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/14/18

The motive is the media coverage for most.
Posted By: watch4bear Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/14/18
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by watch4bear
[Linked Image]

Yep.

And use common sense.
Posted By: 16bore Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/14/18
Hate this stuff.

Watch "Underworld Inc." getting guns ain't a problem.
Law-enforcement sources told The Miami Herald that they’ve identified the shooter at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida, as 19-year-old Nicolas de Jesus Cruz, a former student of the school. Math teacher Jim Gard told the Herald that Cruz was previously identified as a threat to the school in previous years. “We were told last year that he wasn’t allowed on campus with a backpack on him,” Gard recalled. “There were problems with him last year threatening students, and I guess he was asked to leave campus.” Despite what was known by teachers, superintendent Robert Runcie told reporters outside the school he was unaware of previous concerns about the student. “We received no warnings,” he said. “Potentially there could have been signs out there. But we didn't have any warning or phone calls or threats that were made.”

So the math teacher knows he was a threat and little bit more but the superintendent, unless it's his first day, chooses to lie and claim they knew nothing, in true Sargent Shultz style. Likely stupid and fat, too. Yep. They're educators, alright.
Posted By: Orion2000 Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/14/18
... If the school administration didn't contact police about an adult student they felt threatened by enough to ban him from carrying a backpack, after he'd made threats, then the incident definitely has school culpability as well.

This ^^^^^ Marshall County, KY school shooting made national news a few weeks back. What did NOT make national news was same scenario shaping up in Harrison County, KY two days later (copy cat). Except in Harrison County, school officials got wind of it and tipped off Law Enforcement. Two juveniles, with guns, were arrested before they could shoot up a school pep rally the following day.
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/14/18
Originally Posted by Redneck

I'm for just executing the shooter in front of a national TV audience. Show it all.......the blood, the hole blowed in them, and then throw their ass in big hole, and let the buzzards pick their bones clean. We're making it too cool for some of these sick ass kids, as they want the publicity. Give them all the publicity there is by doing what I said.
Originally Posted by Orion2000
... If the school administration didn't contact police about an adult student they felt threatened by enough to ban him from carrying a backpack, after he'd made threats, then the incident definitely has school culpability as well.

This ^^^^^ Marshall County, KY school shooting made national news a few weeks back. What did NOT make national news was same scenario shaping up in Harrison County, KY two days later (copy cat). Except in Harrison County, school officials got wind of it and tipped off Law Enforcement. Two juveniles, with guns, were arrested before they could shoot up a school pep rally the following day.

As mentioned earlier, the liberal schools protect kids.. especially minorities from the police.

Especially if they are Dreamers in addition to everything else. He probably is.

Don't you know the liberals are hitting their knees and praying to their God Obama that this guy ain't a Dreamer?
Originally Posted by Orion2000

As mentioned earlier, the liberal schools protect kids.. especially minorities from the police.

Especially if they are Dreamers in addition to everything else. He probably is.

Don't you know the liberals are hitting their knees and praying to their God Obama that this guy ain't a Dreamer?

They don't care. They just make up nonsense crap and move on. They know nearly the entire media have their backs and will never ever turn on them. Alice in Wonderland is real.
Posted By: Birdwatcher Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/14/18
All the schools have lock-the-door-sit-under-your-desk-and-hide drills, any windows where you can see in to the classroom have to be covered too. One report mentioned a fire alarm pulled, that would fill the hallways with students (our other drill).

Usual now to have two or three School Resource Officers (uniformed, armed LEO’s) on campus shoulda engaged the shooter pretty quick. Of course if the fire alarm was pulled or if the shooter simply chose a passing period. With a semi-Auto the reported casualties could be inflicted in seconds and the shooter could succeed in leaving the scene before even the SRO’s could arrive.

As for keeping that known psychopath OFF campus; almost impossible unless you had gated access monitored all day long like an elementary school , against an event which is still vanishingly rare. As it is they probably caught the guy on surveillance camera.
Posted By: Capt_Craig Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/14/18
This is very close to my house. Sounds like the shooter was a known dirtbag. My stepson knows the shooter through his buddies who fish around the area. Seems a lot of kids thought this kid was nuts, and had seen him carrying pistols and knives on many occasions. The kid was also thrown out of the school, and put into an “alternative school” (dropout prevention schools). Sad and prayers to the hurt kids, teachers, and their families.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/14/18
Originally Posted by slumlord
Social media and kids

The bullied becomes the bully

That ain't no schit!

Dangerous beyond anyone's wildest dreams.
Posted By: smokepole Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/14/18
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
All the schools have lock-the-door-sit-under-your-desk-and-hide drills, any windows where you can see in to the classroom have to be covered too.

I just got off a conference call with my company's insurance broker, we're renewing our coverages. He said that we should give him information on any recent enhancements to our safety program, as those could help get us lower premiums.

Then he told us that the "big ticket item" lately has been enhancements to deal with active shooters. The irony is, I'm 100% certain our premiums would go up if any of our precautions included arming ourselves.
Posted By: gitem_12 Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/14/18
Originally Posted by RickyD
Law-enforcement sources told The Miami Herald that they’ve identified the shooter at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida, as 19-year-old Nicolas de Jesus Cruz, a former student of the school. Math teacher Jim Gard told the Herald that Cruz was previously identified as a threat to the school in previous years. “We were told last year that he wasn’t allowed on campus with a backpack on him,” Gard recalled. “There were problems with him last year threatening students, and I guess he was asked to leave campus.” Despite what was known by teachers, superintendent Robert Runcie told reporters outside the school he was unaware of previous concerns about the student. “We received no warnings,” he said. “Potentially there could have been signs out there. But we didn't have any warning or phone calls or threats that were made.”

So the math teacher knows he was a threat and little bit more but the superintendent, unless it's his first day, chooses to lie and claim they knew nothing, in true Sargent Shultz style. Likely stupid and fat, too. Yep. They're educators, alright.

It's all about protecting the school district from liability

Our school here had teachers complain numerous times about a student making threats

Some even went public with it after the student made a threat to shoot up the school. The super internet stood by his words that there no complaints ever and no real threat
Israel excels in two areas aka school and airport security!

America hasn’t learned yet!!
Posted By: Cruiser1 Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/14/18
Fox just reported at least 16 dead; DAMN
Posted By: TBREW401 Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/14/18
Ok-- I worked for an HVAC contractor in the State of Florida.
We had a contract with the local school board to service and repairs a/c equipment.
All our company employees were required to pass the Jessica Lunsford Act background check, have the school board issued ID, and a company photo Id to enter a school.
Someone allowed him to enter the building and to go where he wanted.
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/14/18
Bad deal.

Heard a Dem congresscritter say, "we need to know if it was a large capacity caliber."
Sheriff there says 17 dead.
Posted By: ringworm Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/14/18
458 winmag
High capacity caliber.
Shoot once and get 10 people an some walls and water fountains and coke machines and mailboxs down the street.
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/14/18
God, this just sickens me.
Posted By: ringworm Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/14/18
AR-15
MULTIPLE MAGS
AR15
What a cowardly act.
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
What a cowardly act.

They always are. Every one of them.

Strange how this never started until the media frenzy over Columbine...
Posted By: 6mm250 Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/14/18
A picture is worth a 1000 words , here is a picture of the Broward County school superintendent ;

[Linked Image]

Mike
Yeah, he was on TV denying that they knew that scumbag was a threat...

That teacher is already on record saying the school knew, though. wink
Posted By: Birdwatcher Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/14/18

I'm gonna guess a normal high school of 3,000 students has at least twenty points of entry, all of which would be open during the school day to to allow for the normal egress/entry of students every hour or so.

I dunno if that school required students to wear visible ID's while in school (prob'ly where we are going now), but this guy was still high school age, albeit senior class. Even if ID's were required he could borrow/steal one or even use his old ID. Proceed to the nearest fire alarm and there it is.

Elementary schools are routinely fenced in with limited areas of entry/egress but then elementary schools are generally much smaller with a vastly different student body..

It will sure be a shame if we have to fence in every high school with guards at every entrance, and since extracurricular stuff can run until after dark and involve large numbers of students, the security would have to run that long too.
You can bet your ass that the School System knew all about this POS! And did nothing about it except to expel him. When are Schools going to wise up and start arming teachers and staff, and stop making gun free zones easy targets for cowards like this one!
Is Broward County in Florida a high crime area? Seems they film a lot of episodes of "Cops" there.

Prayers sent for the victims and their family's !
I'm hoping the parents...through law suits shut that school down!!

If untold millions are paid out.....possibly other schools will figure...."We can no longer have cheap security"!
Posted By: Paul39 Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/15/18
Liz Clayman and Gen Peters are on Fox clamouring for gun control! They say "military grade" weapons need to be in the hands of the military. I bet England wished they would have thought of that a couple hundred years ago!!
Peters wasn't a general, he a retired Lt. Col.
Posted By: RDW Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/15/18
I walked in the door and saw the headlines on FOX and switched to MSMBC.

Brian Williams was interviewing Bill Bratton former NYPD Commissioner who said,

his social media site notes he was fascinated with guns and knives

he was "right leaning" in his political perspectives

Brian Williams

How does a 19 year old become so profecient sp., how to pop a clip in a weapon like this

Bill Bratton

it's so easy in the united states...in Florida almost anybody can get a gun, it's open carry, there's hardly any restrictions

the number of rounds he fired, we have to see if he used one of "those" stocks

Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/15/18
The police knew about him.
The administration knew about him.
The teachers knew about him.
The students knew about him.

But, it was the gun's fault?
Posted By: DeanAnderson Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/15/18
Why is this POS still walking and breathing!
Posted By: LeroyBeans Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/15/18
Originally Posted by DeanAnderson

Because this country operates via the rule of law, not vigilantism.
Originally Posted by RDW
I walked in the door and saw the headlines on FOX and switched to MSMBC.

Brian Williams was interviewing Bill Bratton former NYPD Commissioner who said,

his social media site notes he was fascinated with guns and knives

he was "right leaning" in his political perspectives

Brian Williams

How does a 19 year old become so profecient sp., how to pop a clip in a weapon like this

Bill Bratton

it's so easy in the united states...in Florida almost anybody can get a gun, it's open carry, there's hardly any restrictions

the number of rounds he fired, we have to see if he used one of "those" stocks

Bryan Williams is a liberal lying POS. He was suspended by NBC for claiming the helicopter he was riding in in Iraq was hit by enemy fire. mad
Posted By: RDW Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/15/18
Now it's Mathews pushing "guns" hard, ever other sentence...they have noted the mental health is a problem but it's guns, gun's, gun's.
Posted By: 79S Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/15/18
If this turd was a dreamer this will be pushed back to page 6 by tomorrow afternoon.
Posted By: ltppowell Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/15/18
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
The police knew about him.
The administration knew about him.
The teachers knew about him.
The students knew about him.

But, it was the gun's fault?

Of course not, but if being an internet [bleep] with guns is enough to get people "handled" then we 're gonna lose a lot of members.
Posted By: ringworm Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/15/18
Originally Posted by 6mm250
A picture is worth a 1000 words , here is a picture of the Broward County school superintendent ;

[Linked Image]

Mike

Nice interview.
Telling the world how he was giving the teacher of the year keys to her new torota camery...like the fkin people watching news cared about what he was doing when the shooting happened.
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/15/18
"if someone has pictures of firearms they're sharing online, the police need to know so they can can, at a minimum, go take their guns!"
Posted By: croz2173 Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/15/18
Moron on CNN says .223 goes 2000 fps, tumbles through the air, and tears through the body like a buzz saw.

Honest question, twist rates aside, how does a guy get the idea that a standard rifle round tumbles through the air? And he's confidant enough to say it on national tv.

By the way I got the impression he assumed the entire cartridge comes out the end of the barrel. He said "the round is this long, and it tumbles through the air", holding his fingers about 3" apart.
On Martha McCallum's show on Fox News, now, Demotard Fl Sen. Nelson says shooter had Gas Mask & smoke grenades. And that the shooter had a "high caliber rapid fire rifle". Sen. Dipschitt also says he supports the 2nd Amendment and is also a hunter, but that AR-15's are only made for killing! Then he goes on to say that we should all support Fienstine's bill to stop those on the Gov. "Watch List" from buying guns.

Typical Dematards ! Never let a good tragedy go to waste as an opportunity to push for more gun control. mad
Posted By: add Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/15/18

[Linked Image]

Mike

Hmmm.... born in Jamaica, a stop at Harvard, and work history in Chicago schools.

From his bio:

To ensure all students have the ability to complete their education and to eliminate the “school house to jailhouse pipeline,” Superintendent Runcie led BCPS efforts to become a national model for ending zero tolerance policies for non-violent offences in schools. With the support of the School Board and through collaborative community efforts, BCPS has instituted new, effective practices for handling student behavior incidents, without resorting to law enforcement involvement.

Surprise.
"if someone has pictures of firearms they're sharing online, the police need to know so they can can, at a minimum, go take their guns!"

Then lots of Campfire Members would soon be in jail.

Make no mistake! Demotards don't want to just ban AR's and Hi-cap mags, but ALL GUNS! mad
Originally Posted by 79S
If this turd was a dreamer this will be pushed back to page 6 by tomorrow afternoon.

No doubt!
Posted By: Birdwatcher Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/15/18
I'm hoping the parents...through law suits shut that school down!!

If untold millions are paid out.....possibly other schools will figure...."We can no longer have cheap security"!

I could be wrong, but its hard to imagine that a school of 3,000 students wouldn't have at least two armed LEO's on campus all through the school day and into the evening at school events.

What this shows is how very vulnerable most any high school is.

Again, unless you fence in the whole place and check ID's like it's a military installation how do you change this?

Do we want our high schools to look like that?

About 26,000 high schools in America, plus about another 10,000 high school age private schools.

What are the odds of this happening at any given school?
Another Fox News reporter just called the gun used an AR15 "Semi-Assault Weapon" and had magazines "full of Bullets"
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
You can bet your ass that the School System knew all about this POS! And did nothing about it except to expel him.

Well, technically he was sent to an Alternative School which are small highly-regimented campuses run by districts for offenses short of expulsion, especially minors, usually for a semester. This could include minor drug possession, fights no more than simple assaults etc etc....

In fairness we dunno what was known about this guy and what his priors might have been. Lots of teenagers make threats, this guy may have been investigated by the Cops already, certainly if the warning about "watch for him with a backpack" is true that would indicate red flags, but I ain't willing to come to a conclusion until I know the whole truth of it.

Watching out for some expelled or Alternative School kid, especially with a backpack, is sorta usual, since they often do try to come back on campus. That is where the action is after all.

When are Schools going to wise up and start arming teachers and staff, and stop making gun free zones easy targets for cowards like this one!

My comparison in the past has always been would you arm prison guards who freely mingle on the floor with the inmates?

That and the fact I have heard that there are bullet holes from ND's in most every Police Station in America.

But with all of this, if my district asked me, I would be willing to go armed.
They mentioned supporting the 2nd Amendment privilege too.
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/15/18
I liked the guy that said the shooter had 'countless hi capacity magazines'....
Posted By: kaboku68 Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/15/18
I teach in a suburban middle class high school in a small city with a high percentage of dropouts from lower socioeconomic class. I tell my students that if there is a shooter and they call code red get in my class. I will lock the door cut the electric cord off of the electric pencil sharpener and tie it to the inside door and plug it in. There will be a crispy critter if they try to grab the door. I figure that when the troopers come that they will wear tactical gloves. Just a little plan but its all I need.
Originally Posted by huntsman22
I liked the guy that said the shooter had 'countless hi capacity magazines'....

LOL. Yep. I've probably got too many to count. Guess that makes me suspect to all the Libertard retards, too.
Posted By: BALLISTIK Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/15/18
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
.........the shooter had a "high caliber rapid fire rifle"............

Now they're gonna come after our Marlin 45-70s......
Peters

The name says it all

Mealy-mouf pencil pusher already had to eat crow once a few months back. Fox is a glutton for stupidity inviting him back b

Agreed.
Tucker Carson is interviewing several of the students, by phone, from the school on his show right now. Most of the kids are saying the shooter was "weird" or "creepy". And a troublemaker.

Evidently, the shooter was known to the local LE dept.
Peters

The name says it all

Agreed.

I know. They keep saying that. What possible "motive" could there be, so who cares? Motive was obviously to kill a bunch of innocent people.
Sheriff says 14 transported wounded. No number on dead.

Saying 17 dead, now.
Originally Posted by BALLISTIK
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Funny ain't it that the Libertard Press hasn't posted this info.

It's always the fault of the dangerous "assault weapon" & hi-cap mags. mad
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/15/18
Originally Posted by ltppowell

Those sumbiotches need an education.

Sadly, most information the public gets is from the media, and the media would present the 2nd Amendment in that way...

Why wouldn't they believe that wording as well? It's been proven to be pretty much the case. mad
Israel excels in two areas aka school and airport security!

America hasn’t learned yet!!

Link
Posted By: JoeBob Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/15/18
Q said last week to buckle up that there would be false flags this week. Today we had the NSA thing and this.

I guess we're all screwed.
Posted By: BALLISTIK Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/15/18
[Linked Image]

I guess we're all screwed.
Originally Posted by croz2173
Moron on CNN says .223 goes 2000 fps, tumbles through the air, and tears through the body like a buzz saw.

Honest question, twist rates aside, how does a guy get the idea that a standard rifle round tumbles through the air? And he's confidant enough to say it on national tv.

By the way I got the impression he assumed the entire cartridge comes out the end of the barrel. He said "the round is this long, and it tumbles through the air", holding his fingers about 3" apart.

Profound ignorance.
Another Fox News reporter just called the gun used an AR15 "Semi-Assault Weapon" and had magazines "full of Bullets"

I saw that. Same reaction as you.

I saw that. Same reaction as you.

Yep. Heard that, too. What a bunch of putzes.
Why aren't we hearing about poor Nicolas Cruz's parents by now?

They can't find them? Are they still in El Salvador?

Not a peep of his background, other than he was a crazy, dangerous person that was allowed to pretty much do whatever he wanted...

Not a peep of his background, other than he was a crazy, dangerous person that was allowed to pretty much do whatever he wanted...

I'm betting because his folks were wets.

Great point.
Posted By: JoeBob Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/15/18
So the shooter wore a MAGA hat at some point and loved Makarov pistols? This has to be a setup.
Posted By: KenMi Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/15/18
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans

So, someone that breaks countless federal laws and kills multiple citizens or police officers still has rights defined by other laws? Sorry, nope, they opted out. On one hand I'd like to have heard the police shot him or he offed himself. But that would be far too kind. Maybe "community service" every day at victim's families. But, he can't be killed. That's the only stipulation. Make the term "living hell" really come to life. And he would have to look the families in the eye every day.

In reality though, we will pay for his defense, a scummy lawyer will bring up mental instability, blaming society and racial/sexual identity discrimination. He will be put through efforts of reform, and rack up a several million dollar tab.

Airdrop the bastard in the Everglades.
Just hours after the shooting, Comedian Chelsea Handler blamed Republicans for the incident, And took to Twitter to capitalize on the tragic incident and blame Republicans, saying that they now “have blood on their hands.”

Stupid Bitch ! mad
Posted By: DryPowder Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/15/18

I think he's a foster kid and his foster mom recently passed.

There's two instagram accounts.

The De Jesus got dropped pretty fast
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/15/18
What you got against the 'Glades? I recommend cutting him a little and tossin' his sorry ass in the shark tank at Sea World. Tickets would bring a pretty piece of change.
Posted By: Tip926 Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/15/18
Someone needs to light that SOB on fire.
Originally Posted by DryPowder

So he had no supervision and ran wild, and did whatever he wanted to do.

But he scared the crap out of all the students and teachers, and they considered him a threat.

But nothing was done.

Got it.
Originally Posted by DryPowder

So he had no supervision and ran wild, and did whatever he wanted to do.

But he scared the crap out of all the students and teachers, and they considered him a threat.

But nothing was done.

Got it.

It gets better. When I get where I can post a pic, your going to schitt.....but not be surprised.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/15/18
Registered democrat
Posted By: Sharpsman Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/15/18
Originally Posted by croz2173

Hey....he gets away with it because he's talking to idiots that voted for Obama TWICE and THE WITCH once!!
I don't have my earlier screen shot. It's about ROBERT W. RUNCIE, the Superintendents bio.

http://browardschools.com/superintendent/bio

Here's your sign:

To ensure all students have the ability to complete their education and to eliminate the “school house to jailhouse pipeline,” Superintendent Runcie led BCPS efforts to become a national model for ending zero tolerance policies for non-violent offences in schools. With the support of the School Board and through collaborative community efforts, BCPS has instituted new, effective practices for handling student behavior incidents, without resorting to law enforcement involvement. Student-related arrests are down by 65% since Runcie’s arrival.
Posted By: RiverRider Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/15/18
Originally Posted by KenMi
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans

So, someone that breaks countless federal laws and kills multiple citizens or police officers still has rights defined by other laws? Sorry, nope, they opted out. On one hand I'd like to have heard the police shot him or he offed himself. But that would be far too kind. Maybe "community service" every day at victim's families. But, he can't be killed. That's the only stipulation. Make the term "living hell" really come to life. And he would have to look the families in the eye every day.

In reality though, we will pay for his defense, a scummy lawyer will bring up mental instability, blaming society and racial/sexual identity discrimination. He will be put through efforts of reform, and rack up a several million dollar tab.

Airdrop the bastard in the Everglades.

As usual, Leroy Beans is out of his phucqing mind. If this country had been operating under the rule of law over the last half century, NONE of this schitt would be going on. Moron.
Posted By: kwg020 Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/15/18
On Martha McCallum's show on Fox News, now, Demotard Fl Sen. Nelson says shooter had Gas Mask & smoke grenades. And that the shooter had a "high caliber rapid fire rifle". Sen. Dipschitt also says he supports the 2nd Amendment and is also a hunter, but that AR-15's are only made for killing! Then he goes on to say that we should all support Fienstine's bill to stop those on the Gov. "Watch List" from buying guns.

Typical Dematards ! Never let a good tragedy go to waste as an opportunity to push for more gun control. mad

Why do you think the dems will not do anything about folks with mental health issues. They need a crisis so they can be in control.

After 6 years as a High school SRO, it appears this is the most lax security I have ever seen in a metro High school. We had kids who were told to never come back in our building but we had someone there armed to at least keep them out. I always found it satisfying on the first few days of school when one of our "former" dropouts always tried to come back and hang out with his old gang. They usually left in handcuffs with a perp walk to the waiting police car. I didn't have repeat offenders.

kwg
Posted By: UNCCGrad Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/15/18
Originally Posted by kwg020

Why do you think the dems will not do anything about folks with mental health issues. They need a crisis so they can be in control.

After 6 years as a High school SRO, it appears this is the most lax security I have ever seen in a metro High school. We had kids who were told to never come back in our building but we had someone there armed to at least keep them out. I always found it satisfying on the first few days of school when one of our "former" dropouts always tried to come back and hang out with his old gang. They usually left in handcuffs with a perp walk to the waiting police car. I didn't have repeat offenders.

kwg

What's your perspective on the answer to shootings like these? Increased SROs? Fewer entrances with increased security? Allowing CCW teachers to carry? I ask because my wife is a public teacher and and I have kids that do/will attend public schools. I'm unsure how our high schools are set up but I know the elementary schools have one point of entry that you must be buzzed in to enter. There's a separate waiting area that is locked as well. This likely wouldn't work in a HS with their schedules and oftentimes multiple buildings.

I personally think a major issue is we try to medicate the insane back to sanity which just isnt working.
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/15/18
I'm wondering if the left will unite with "gun control" and "assult weapon ban" as their 2018 platform? They need something and this is ripe. The way the talking heads are spewing forth with utter nonsense today is concerning to say the least.
Posted By: ol_mike Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/15/18
Just hours after the shooting, Comedian Chelsea Handler blamed Republicans for the incident, And took to Twitter to capitalize on the tragic incident and blame Republicans, saying that they now “have blood on their hands.”

Stupid Bitch ! mad

Early life[edit]
Chelsea Handler was born in Livingston, New Jersey, the youngest of six children of Rita (née Stoecker), a homemaker, and Seymour Handler, a used car dealer.[8][9][10

] ''''''''Her American father is Jewish;'''''''' !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: scbigben Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/15/18
Originally Posted by UNCCGrad

kwg

What's your perspective on the answer to shootings like these? Increased SROs? Fewer entrances with increased security? Allowing CCW teachers to carry? I ask because my wife is a public teacher and and I have kids that do/will attend public schools. I'm unsure how our high schools are set up but I know the elementary schools have one point of entry that you must be buzzed in to enter. There's a separate waiting area that is locked as well. This likely wouldn't work in a HS with their schedules and oftentimes multiple buildings.

I personally think a major issue is we try to medicate the insane back to sanity which just isnt working.

I think there needs to be a federal or state division of law enforcement that is dedicated to nothing but making schools safe. We have anti-terrorism task force and drug task forces so why isn't protecting this countries children taking more priority? The libs focus on Taking guns like a cat chasing a red laser dot and won't do what is needed to make this issue better. If we can secure courthouses and airports then schools should be doable.
Every time a kid gets jacked up for being crazy and talking stupid this place starts screaming "police state" and loses it's collective mind. Best to stop worrying about why it happens and concentrate on what you're gonna do when it does.
Posted By: Seafire Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/15/18
I'm involved with sales and installing emergency response systems to Senior Assisted Living facilities...
These are essentially commercial security systems, that businesses will get, and the only difference is the computer
program is generated to a medical facility.

They are pretty simple concept and all wireless...

a perfect environment would be in a school system....teachers have an emergency button around their neck or in their purse or whatever.. if they see an incident or problem they can touch a button and it can send an emergency alarm to the school office.
that can be communicated via pagers, to any SRO or LEO attached to the school system...

Since school PA systems have the ability to listen in on rooms.. as soon as the alarm is sent by a teacher.. which wouldn't alert
the perp, the school can remotely listen in to the room and assess the situation without it being known by the perp either..

Then they can act accordingly, by notifying LEOs or the SROs within the school, depending on the situation...and can also alert
other class rooms of a problem in room XYZ etc....

I have offered to put this type of system into local school districts here in Southern Oregon, at dealer cost...
they can't seem to be bothered... they all have the "it can't or won't happen here mentality".....

Sadly one of the places I offered it to at Cost, and gave me the exact, It can't or won't happen here... Happen to be Umpqua
Community College... well it did happen there.. and 9 students were killed...

We were willing to do this at no profit to us, as a public service....Schools and School districts can't be bothered...

but then they are all ran by liberals......which explains a lot...

if the system had been installed at Umpqua Comm College, I can guarantee ya, there would not have been 9 dead students.
odds are the perp would have been reported with a rifle on campus before he ever got a chance to threaten people...

that is why these things concern me greatly... and I say the Schools are the ones the most responsible for it happening in their
schools, as when they are proposed solutions, they can't be bothered.. even when it is being done at no profit for the vendor.

Combine that with video surveillance and a lot of this can be prevented.... or if nothing less, the loss of life greatly reduced...
Posted By: Paddler Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/15/18
The solution is keeping semiautomatic weapons out of the hands of mentally ill losers. Reclassify semiauto weapons that accept detachable magazines and use centerfire ammunition as Class 3, subject to all applicable qualifications and restrictions. There's more blood on the hands of the NRA and Republicans today, and clearly many here on the fire. I think it's called dereliction of duty.
The blood is on the hands of the little psycho who did the shooting. Possibly others who might have helped plan and execute this, but that is TBD.
Posted By: Vic_in_Va Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/15/18
That's right, blame someone else other than the responsible party......
Posted By: AlaskaCub Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/15/18
Originally Posted by Paddler
The solution is keeping semiautomatic weapons out of the hands of mentally ill losers. Reclassify semiauto weapons that accept detachable magazines and use centerfire ammunition as Class 3, subject to all applicable qualifications and restrictions. There's more blood on the hands of the NRA and Republicans today, and clearly many here on the fire. I think it's called dereliction of duty.

Well looky here the liberal POS that only posts pro Dem/Liberal garbage rears his ugly head again.

Why don’t you go preach to Eric Holder about putting semi and automatic weapons in the hands of mentally ill losers! Douchebag!
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/15/18
Originally Posted by AlaskaCub

Well looky here the liberal POS that only posts pro Dem/Liberal garbage rears his ugly head again.

Why don’t you go preach to Eric Holder about putting semi and automatic weapons in the hands of mentally ill losers! Douchebag!

He almost did not... he put them in the hands of Mex drug cartels...
Posted By: okie Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/15/18
https://www.campussafetymagazine.com/safety/the-israeli-approach-to-school-security/
Posted By: Starman Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/15/18

Hmmm....I would have thought a video on childrens safety & survival at schools would be made available for free
and widely distributed at gov. tax payer expense...it could be as easy as putting it on a 'Campus Safety' youtube channel
and having 'pop-up' advertisements for such appearing on other non-related videos that receive a lot of viewing traffic.

I keep seeing words like "disturbed, emotional, distrugh"....all read Rx.
I'd bet dimes to donuts the guy wants medicated.
The VAST majority of all of these shooters have been medicated and no body seems to be able to address the link.
Posted By: gitem_12 Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/15/18

Do you screw your daughter or just your son?
Posted By: Rugerfan4374 Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/15/18
I don't get it. Where does this type of behavior come from? You can point fingers all you want, and say bullying does this, or that or Video games do this or that. I got bullied, but I hit back, Yes I got in trouble for it at times, got my rearend kicked a few times, but it wasn't long after , I stopped getting messed with. It is called suck it up and deal with it.

Yes there are evil people in the world, however in my opinion it takes some doing to get that evil to manifest.

When I was 18 /19 years old, I was more concerned about where my next piece of azz was coming from, or how I was going to score some beer for the weekend. How was I going to cut out of work to hunt or fish and still pay rent.

Also I blame the media for super sensationalizing every tragedy that goes on these days. Yes we need to be informed of what is going on, but news anchors need to state the news, and not express their opinions.
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/15/18

Do you screw your daughter or just your son?

His dad screwed a mule, in the arse.

What fell out was a "Paddler".

There's the liberal reaction we knew was coming.

Was the shooter and NRA member?

A republican?

A Campfire member?

The only dereliction of duty I see was the officials at the school that knew this guy was a dangerous nutjob, and did nothing.
Posted By: K22 Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/15/18
Originally Posted by Rugerfan4374
I don't get it. Where does this type of behavior come from? You can point fingers all you want, and say bullying does this, or that or Video games do this or that. I got bullied, but I hit back, Yes I got in trouble for it at times, got my rearend kicked a few times, but it wasn't long after , I stopped getting messed with. It is called suck it up and deal with it.

Yes there are evil people in the world, however in my opinion it takes some doing to get that evil to manifest.

When I was 18 /19 years old, I was more concerned about where my next piece of azz was coming from, or how I was going to score some beer for the weekend. How was I going to cut out of work to hunt or fish and still pay rent.

Also I blame the media for super sensationalizing every tragedy that goes on these days. Yes we need to be informed of what is going on, but news anchors need to state the news, and not express their opinions.

Take a look at ringworm's post. There is a big part of your answer. Another part is the dumbing down of students in public schools, no real incentive to excel above other students, and add to all this with no real consequences for your actions. Hell, there is a list a mile long.
Posted By: jimy Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/15/18
Originally Posted by ringworm
I keep seeing words like "disturbed, emotional, distrugh"....all read Rx.
I'd bet dimes to donuts the guy wants medicated.
The VAST majority of all of these shooters have been medicated and no body seems to be able to address the link.

HIPPA rules the disclosure of drugs out !
Originally Posted by Seafire
I'm involved with sales and installing emergency response systems to Senior Assisted Living facilities...
These are essentially commercial security systems, that businesses will get, and the only difference is the computer
program is generated to a medical facility.

They are pretty simple concept and all wireless...

a perfect environment would be in a school system....teachers have an emergency button around their neck or in their purse or whatever.. if they see an incident or problem they can touch a button and it can send an emergency alarm to the school office.
that can be communicated via pagers, to any SRO or LEO attached to the school system...

Since school PA systems have the ability to listen in on rooms.. as soon as the alarm is sent by a teacher.. which wouldn't alert
the perp, the school can remotely listen in to the room and assess the situation without it being known by the perp either..

Then they can act accordingly, by notifying LEOs or the SROs within the school, depending on the situation...and can also alert
other class rooms of a problem in room XYZ etc....

I have offered to put this type of system into local school districts here in Southern Oregon, at dealer cost...
they can't seem to be bothered... they all have the "it can't or won't happen here mentality".....

Sadly one of the places I offered it to at Cost, and gave me the exact, It can't or won't happen here... Happen to be Umpqua
Community College... well it did happen there.. and 9 students were killed...

We were willing to do this at no profit to us, as a public service....Schools and School districts can't be bothered...

but then they are all ran by liberals......which explains a lot...

if the system had been installed at Umpqua Comm College, I can guarantee ya, there would not have been 9 dead students.
odds are the perp would have been reported with a rifle on campus before he ever got a chance to threaten people...

that is why these things concern me greatly... and I say the Schools are the ones the most responsible for it happening in their
schools, as when they are proposed solutions, they can't be bothered.. even when it is being done at no profit for the vendor.

Combine that with video surveillance and a lot of this can be prevented.... or if nothing less, the loss of life greatly reduced...

John ,

That sounds like a very reasonable/workable system . Add in more armed staff members and things would change for the better immediatly .
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/15/18

The blood is on the hands of the DNC and the sheep that follow for keeping GUN FREE zones relevant.

Pretty simple really.
Posted By: hanco Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/15/18
Why do they pick schools. Why hurt children? Makes no sense to me.

The difference between today and the 1970s and prior is that depressed teens are routinely put on Prozac and the like. These drugs blur the distinction between fantasy and reality and lower inhibition against acting out on fantasy.
Posted By: Sako76 Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/15/18
I think we need some big prayers all around! Victims, relatives, friends and people who survived! Another big prayer for this carnage to stop!
Posted By: Rugerfan4374 Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/15/18
Originally Posted by K22

Take a look at ringworm's post. There is a big part of your answer. Another part is the dumbing down of students in public schools, no real incentive to excel above other students, and add to all this with no real consequences for your actions. Hell, there is a list a mile long.

Oh yes I agree, the dumbing down of the schools, also the damn participation trophy syndrome. IF YOU LOSE, YOU DON"T GET A TROPHY!!!! Man, the no fear of consequences is a big one! I got in trouble once when I was 16, yes handcuff kind of trouble, but the cop took me home ( he knew my Dad). I was begging the cop to take me to jail over taking me home. Why you ask, because I knew I was in the wrong and did it anyway, and in my mind sitting in the a jail cell was far more favorable than the whooping I was going to receive when I got home. One other thing, the punishment when I was growing up did not end with the whooping. Because privileges got taken away for a determined amount of time after the whooping. It was the whopping, then the restriction of privileges, then came the sit and talk about what you did, why it was wrong, and the understanding that , that kind of behavior was not acceptable.

In the case of teenage shooters, their high school IS their world, and in their minds they are not shooting children, they are shooting people the same age as themselves.
Posted By: Rogmatt Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/15/18
The shooter is a 19 year old registered Democrat that showed interest and communism and ISIS terrorism on his social media. If democrats would stop shooting people, gun crimes in this country would be reduced by 95%.
Posted By: Redneck Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/15/18
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

And there ya go..... Dem. Antifa.

I'm betting because his folks were wets.

On the news this am it appears his biological parents are both dead; the father a few years ago and his mother just a very few months ago.. Being 19 and now without his family could be a real contributing factor to his snapping and going on this rampage..

NO excuses here - just pointing out it could be a factor..

But as another poster said (way) above, I would be all for taking this pos outside to the wall and nationally broadcasting his immediate execution...
Does anyone know if there was a Resource Officer on site? Did he return fire? Was he killed? In Florida, armed Resource Officers (police officers assigned to schools) are pretty standard.
I don't think that Antifa guy is him.

The shooter had ears that stuck out like a taxi cab with both doors open..

It ain't the guy in the mugshot from yesterday.
Does anyone know if there was a Resource Officer on site? Did he return fire? Was he killed? In Florida, armed Resource Officers (police officers assigned to schools) are pretty standard.

If there weren't at least two that would surprise me greatly.

Reports are that the shooter escaped campus amid the crowds of panicked students.

If so, take that as evidence how quick this thing could have gone down.

Hallways full of students on account of a fire drill, people on this site talking about how an early warning system/better communication could have helped things. I dunno that a warning could have been more immediate in this case than the sound of gunfire. Before the SRO's can even coherently react, shooters pulls his mask off, blends with the running crowds. Those few kids who know who the shooter is cannot communicate that to anyone who can make a difference in time for an intervention/apprehension.

In a fire drill schools pride themselves on evacuating a school within two or three minutes of the alarm being sounded. What is likely to happen now is the alarm is pulled, everybody waits for verbal confirmation over the PA system/phone app whatever before they evacuate.
Posted By: 280shooter Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/15/18
Originally Posted by UNCCGrad

kwg

Stop releasing the shooter's names. Don't give the losers what they crave most.

Edit: On second thought, he announced to the world what he was going to do. Everybody knew it was coming and did nothing. A cleaning of the FBI, and school would also be in order.
Posted By: 16bore Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/15/18
Social media empowers the weak, just as guns do.
This happens and everybody reacts according to whatever their agenda is.

The gun control people are like "ban 'em all". Well, Paddler's post about classifying AR's and the like as Class 3 weapons might even win popular support across America right now. Most people aren't firearms enthusiasts and they are sick of these things. This cannot go on before there's a mass reaction, might even lose our side an election. At nineteen, the shooter could have bought his own AR, people will take note of that.

Other's say "he's an illegal!", "he's a Dreamer!", might have been, maybe not, if so this might be the first school shooting ever perpetrated by one. Recall that the one at Red Lake Minnesota was perpetrated by a friggin' American Indian against American Indians, so I dunno that point of origin was a factor.

I'm hearing the shooter was a foster child, tho' at least one parent was still alive. If so it is very possible his early childhood was truly abysmal for him to be removed from his mother's custody. Drug/alcohol use during pregnancy would be a given, sexual abuse would be likely, picture the classic cruel '50's experiment of a monkey infant left alone in a cage turning out psychotic and ya ain't far off.

At this point tho', I have no idea why this guy did what he did and what twisted him.
Posted By: Hastings Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/15/18
Originally Posted by Rogmatt
The shooter is a 19 year old registered Democrat that showed interest and communism and ISIS terrorism on his social media. If democrats would stop shooting people, gun crimes in this country would be reduced by 95%.

I have wondered what our "gun violence" statistics would look like if you removed suicide and non whites from the mix. And also remove justifiable self defense. The suicide component raises the toll by 2/3 I've heard. Without all that figured in we would be one of the most peaceful places on earth.
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by Rogmatt

I have wondered what our "gun violence" statistics would look like if you removed suicide and non whites from the mix. And also remove justifiable self defense. The suicide component raises the toll by 2/3 I've heard. Without all that figured in we would be one of the most peaceful places on earth.

I have no idea how many of these school massacres have taken place since Columbine, nineteen years ago. Right now the demographic responsible is overwhelmingly young White male. I can't see where that matters.
Posted By: wilkeshunter Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/15/18

How about the liberal policies that have created and maintain a perpetual underclass? The underclass communities are a war zone, with shooting and killings almost daily.. I reckon you are giving a pass to those that created this, huh? I’m not surprised.
Posted By: jimy Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/15/18
There have been 25 school shootings since Columbine with 98 deaths, I read that some where in the rest of this garbage.
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/15/18
I bet the shooter is a Jew.
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/15/18
Originally Posted by Sako76
I think we need some big prayers all around! Victims, relatives, friends and people who survived! Another big prayer for this carnage to stop!

Amen!
Originally Posted by 16bore

Really?
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/15/18
Originally Posted by jimy
There have been 25 school shootings since Columbine with 98 deaths, I read that some where in the rest of this garbage.

In Chicago, this is a pretty calm month.
Posted By: gitem_12 Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/15/18

Really?

Absolutely
Posted By: 22250rem Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/15/18
Those liberal policies are all about the using "Useful idiots" to further your agenda. They create the problem and then use that to promote their "solution"...... Ever notice how our fearless, crime fighting heroes will go after hard working, law abiding citizens while in the most crime infested, violent, chitholes it's still "business as usual" and nothing seems to ever change.
Posted By: RoninPhx Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/15/18
it's interesting to note, given all the other stuff about this guy, is the news this morning. that some time ago, he posted on a website, about what he intended to do. the website gave, and was interviewed, at the time by the F.B.I.
And nothing, after that interview, but authorities knew before the fact, this guy was a problematic wacko.
Posted By: NH K9 Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/15/18

Good luck just getting the 740/742/7400s out of ME, NH and VT.

Once you cross that bridge, go to work on ARs.

Really?

Absolutely

You could substitute just about anything for "guns"...

Horses, a one ton dually, a spear, a knife, or a roll of quarters in a sock, or alcohol and drugs.
Posted By: benchman Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/15/18
So how did this miscreant manage to legally buy a firearm, and was it in fact, a legal purchase? Not a challenge, just a question that, if it was answered, I missed.
Originally Posted by benchman
So how did this miscreant manage to legally buy a firearm, and was it in fact, a legal purchase? Not a challenge, just a question that, if it was answered, I missed.

Probably because he was never convicted of a felony, and any time he spent on professional mental health treatment was not reported.
Posted By: poboy Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/15/18
Columbine was 19yrs ago. Nobody has come up with a solution yet.
I don't expect that to change.
Posted By: Redneck Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/15/18
Spoken like a true flaming liberal pos Democrat...

Gawd - the idiocy spouted by these a-holes is so laughably and incredibly stupid...
Posted By: Seafire Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/15/18
Originally Posted by K22

Oh yes I agree, the dumbing down of the schools, also the damn participation trophy syndrome. IF YOU LOSE, YOU DON"T GET A TROPHY!!!! Man, the no fear of consequences is a big one! I got in trouble once when I was 16, yes handcuff kind of trouble, but the cop took me home ( he knew my Dad). I was begging the cop to take me to jail over taking me home. Why you ask, because I knew I was in the wrong and did it anyway, and in my mind sitting in the a jail cell was far more favorable than the whooping I was going to receive when I got home. One other thing, the punishment when I was growing up did not end with the whooping. Because privileges got taken away for a determined amount of time after the whooping. It was the whopping, then the restriction of privileges, then came the sit and talk about what you did, why it was wrong, and the understanding that , that kind of behavior was not acceptable.

here are a couple of really good posts...

in our days, we were held accountable for our actions and did not get all the sympathy routine dished out by democRATs and leftists...and their passing the blame onto someone else....

kids like this punk aren't held accountable whatsoever, until he goes for the big time... like this shooting..

and then the leftists love to make a laundry list of all the "handicaps" this person has had to deal with...
painting it as not his fault.. its not society's fault anymore either....

its Donald Trump's fault, its the Republican Party's fault, its all Republicans in the entire country's fault...its the NRA's fault
the list is endless...

and then how did this punk get a gun??? they ask...well he did so by easily figuring out how to circumvent all the laws
the liberal left keeps coming out with to disarm society....

democRATs secretly look forward to these kind of events... deaths and mass shootings, give fuel to their political agenda
they live for this crap.. and "its for the children, or its to make our society safter" isn't their agenda... their agenda is to
use these as excuses to disarm the public, so they can create their socialist utopia where they control the most minute
part of everyone's every day life..and have no real threat against it.

NO the liberal left and ALL of their failures are who to blame for this shooting and the ones that proceed it and those that will
follow it...if anyone has blood on their hands, its the democRATs and their blind followers....

let them be accountable instead of passing blame to everyone else on the planet...
I wonder if he's going to throw himself on the mercy of the court on the basis of his being an orphan.
Pam Bondi says they will seek the death penalty... GOOD!

BTW, she's looking tired.

She can come over to my place for a nap... wink
Originally Posted by 22250rem
Those liberal policies are all about the using "Useful idiots" to further your agenda. They create the problem and then use that to promote their "solution"...... Ever notice how our fearless, crime fighting heroes will go after hard working, law abiding citizens while in the most crime infested, violent, chitholes it's still "business as usual" and nothing seems to ever change.
Spoke to someone today who knows a kid at that school.

From what I got it is a large campus with a number of different, mostly separate buildings. Very typical of modern high schools today where the hallways are so wide you could hold drag races in 'em.

Fortunately the kid in question was in a whole different building and was scarcely more aware of what was happening then we were out here.

There's the liberal reaction we knew was coming.

Was the shooter and NRA member?

A republican?

A Campfire member?

The only dereliction of duty I see was the officials at the school that knew this guy was a dangerous nutjob, and did nothing.

But, but, but, the Sup's plan must be working! Police interactions are down 65%!!!
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
Originally Posted by jimy

In Chicago, this is a pretty calm month.

What per centage of all US high schools lose at least one student each year to DUI?
Posted By: victoro Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/15/18

I'm gonna guess a normal high school of 3,000 students has at least twenty points of entry, all of which would be open during the school day to to allow for the normal egress/entry of students every hour or so.

I dunno if that school required students to wear visible ID's while in school (prob'ly where we are going now), but this guy was still high school age, albeit senior class. Even if ID's were required he could borrow/steal one or even use his old ID. Proceed to the nearest fire alarm and there it is.

Elementary schools are routinely fenced in with limited areas of entry/egress but then elementary schools are generally much smaller with a vastly different student body..

It will sure be a shame if we have to fence in every high school with guards at every entrance, and since extracurricular stuff can run until after dark and involve large numbers of students, the security would have to run that long too.

I posted this today on all the MSM articles on my Yahoo home page:

Gun control is not the problem! The problem is that all our schools are "gun free zones" where the teachers and staff aren't allowed to be armed to protect their students. Here's what will stop all shootings in our schools ("Gun Free Zones"): 1) Armed teachers. 2) Armed school staff. 3) Only one entrance to the school with an armed guard outside that entrance that every student must pass by before they enter the school. Israel had a school shooting many decades ago and haven't one since they did those 3 things. Banning a certain class of firearms is a is an idiotic idea that will not protect our school kids.

When a school has your kids in their custody that school is responsible for their safety. You make it sound like it's too completed when it isn't. I didn't mention that the schools in Israel do have a high fence around the whole school yard and they don't have metal detectors at the only entrance. The lone armed guard at the entrance is usually ex-military. Israel is surrounded by Muslims who hate them and this setup has prevented school shootings kids for 40-50 years.
Not much left now but the heartbreak.

Just normal kids at a normal school....

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/broward/article200220844.html
Posted By: brinky72 Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/15/18
This crap is horrible and it’s out control. I have no answers but will only add a few thoughts.
I think back to when I was the age of these shooters and think of how this country and our social norms were so different. Everyone screams gun control and it’s absolutely moronic to me. Take away the guns then it’s just like Europe and there will just be mass stabbings and people being run down by sociopaths in rental trucks.
Guns are just convenient tools. When I was in high school we brought guns to school and kept them on gun racks in the back window of our trucks so we could hunt on the way home. Guns were more readily accessible then but no one ever shot up a school. This isn’t a gun control issue and we don’t need more laws. This is a social disease. Back then there were severe consequences for your actions that were ENFORCED. Parent parented, teachers had authority and were respected and Law Enforcement officers were respected and had authority that wasn’t hamstrung by out of touch liberal judges. Now children make the rules not the parents. Teachers have no control of their classrooms. Law Enforcement officers can’t enforce the laws without some civil rights organization investigating their every move. And, prisons are adult day care facilities and a better way of life for prisoners than what they had on the outside. The only way this will ever change is if there is a complete change in societal norms and expectations. We need to enforce the laws we have demand that our judicial system hands out real punishment and consequences. We need demand that people are held accountable for their actions and their children’s actions. Just a few thoughts.
Originally Posted by add

[Linked Image]

Mike

Hmmm.... born in Jamaica, a stop at Harvard, and work history in Chicago schools.

From his bio:

To ensure all students have the ability to complete their education and to eliminate the “school house to jailhouse pipeline,” Superintendent Runcie led BCPS efforts to become a national model for ending zero tolerance policies for non-violent offences in schools. With the support of the School Board and through collaborative community efforts, BCPS has [b]instituted new, effective practices for handling student behavior incidents, without resorting to law enforcement involvement.
[/b]

Surprise.

Here again, the 10% that are chronic problems in school are getting 90% of the attention and special services while the other 90% are getting nothing. I saw this for 6 years. This superintendent was more concerned for the 10% who were a problem and ignored the other 90%. Typical. So typical. This attitude got some innocent folks (kids) killed. We live in a screwed up country.

kwg
FBI knows the kid said he's going to be a "professional school shooter" and nothing happened.

Facts
Being
Ignored

FBI....
FBI knows the kid said he's going to be a "professional school shooter" and nothing happened.

Facts
Being
Ignored

FBI....

They are too busy following up with phony Trump collusion theories to take time to protect American citizens from juvenile shooters.

All kidding aside, the Superintendent of Schools should have been reporting this kid to the local cops who probably do care about their communities. The Superintendent was more worried about protecting the deviant little bastard than from doing what was right and turning him in.

kwg
Posted By: jmh3 Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/15/18
Public school districts and administration in almost all states enjoy some form of governmental immunity that they and their insurance companies are able to hide behind to limit their liability exposure. Let them be held fully accountable for negligent security like any private business and see how quickly they find a way to stop these shootings. If there were 18 shooting incidents at WalMart within the last month, how long do you think it would take for: 1) trial lawyers to sue everybody involved from the store manager up to the board of directors, and 2) WalMart to figure out how to harden the target?
Posted By: Mac84 Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/15/18
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I don't believe that's the scumbag murderer. Doesn't look like the pic FOX has on its site.
Posted By: Mac84 Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/15/18
I know you're a disingenuous troll but humor me this, how do you propose reclassifying the millions of ARs/variants already in circulation? The blood is on the hands of the shooter and the people that may have known this was going to happen, no one else.
Posted By: Cruiser1 Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/15/18
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I don't believe that's the scumbag murderer. Doesn't look like the pic FOX has on its site.

He spells his name Nikolas
Posted By: Cruiser1 Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/15/18
[quote=16bore]FBI knows the kid said he's going to be a "professional school shooter" and nothing happened.

Facts
Being
Ignored

FBI....

They are too busy following up with phony Trump collusion theories to take time to protect American citizens from juvenile shooters.

All kidding aside, the Superintendent of Schools should have been reporting this kid to the local cops who probably do care about their communities. The Superintendent was more worried about protecting the deviant little bastard than from doing what was right and turning him in.

Ah; but he states with great pride that he "instituted new, effective practices for handling student behavior incidents, without resorting to law enforcement involvement."
May want to re-think that plan

I know you're a disingenuous troll but humor me this, how do you propose reclassifying the millions of ARs/variants already in circulation? The blood is on the hands of the shooter and the people that may have known this was going to happen, no one else.

You could shut down every gun manufacturer in this country and close every gunshop and it won't stop anything. Watch "Underground, Inc" and take a look at the 1911's being built from scratch in the Philippines. Hand tools and huts.

Originally Posted by Cruiser1
[quote=16bore]FBI knows the kid said he's going to be a "professional school shooter" and nothing happened.

Facts
Being
Ignored

FBI....

Ah; but he states with great pride that he "instituted new, effective practices for handling student behavior incidents, without resorting to law enforcement involvement."
May want to re-think that plan

Yet the FBI made a personal visit to the guy that had the YouTube channel he posted that on.

Friggin bullschit.
Any work on medications?
Posted By: brinky72 Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/15/18
Yep. Agreed. Guns don’t kill people. Sociopaths do. What’s preventing some loon from pulling the fire alarm,waiting for everyone to line up in the parking lot then rolling over them with a hot wired bus. Take away guns and they’ll just adjust. You can’t treat the symptoms you need to treat the actual problem. It’s like taking an aspirin while drinking a gallon of whiskey and thinking you won’t get a hangover.
Posted By: AKwolverine Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/15/18
Originally Posted by ringworm
Any work on medications?

WSJ had a quote from someone familiar with the situation that indicated the answer was “yes”
Posted By: AKwolverine Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/15/18
Assuming work = word in your post.
If armed security is not a common sense security measure, why do the police arrive mostly all bearing AR-15s?
Posted By: brinky72 Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/16/18
Thinking armed security would be a great idea for all school districts. Easy to fill with veterans and retired LEO’s.
Posted By: 16bore Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/16/18
Same friggin pool of tax money paying teachers can pay LEO. Just hire them like a normal employee. Why the hell the most vulnerable subjects aren't protected is beyond me. This schit isn't new.
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/16/18
Same friggin pool of tax money paying teachers can pay LEO. Just hire them like a normal employee. Why the hell the most vulnerable subjects aren't protected is beyond me. This schit isn't new.

Agreed, but please make sure the parents pay for it, not the taxpayer. Otherwise, why can't I have taxpayer security 24/7 at my house?
Same reason you don't get to play dodgeball. Education takes 40% off the top of real estate tax revenue around here. When they wanna get more spendy, they add a meals tax for a few years.
Posted By: Birdwatcher Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/16/18
At school today nobody was talking about this. Sad thing is seems like everybody has become used to these things
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/16/18
Originally Posted by brinky72
Thinking armed security would be a great idea for all school districts. Easy to fill with veterans and retired LEO’s.

Sure, if protecting them is so important get the very best...

😨
Posted By: Birdwatcher Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/16/18

That high school ain’t some hole in the wall, from what I’m getting it is pretty much state-of-the-art modern. Hard to imagine in a school of 3,000 middle to upper- middle class kids that there weren’t two or three armed LEOs in uniform on campus every school day.

My sense of it is this all went down so fast they didn’t have the time to react.
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/16/18
Originally Posted by brinky72

Even if it were like the air marshal program where not all schools have guards all the time but all do some of the time. I am going to retire somewhat young and I'd happily help out at schools a couple days a week on a volunteer basis.
Posted By: Seafire Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/16/18

That high school ain’t some hole in the wall, from what I’m getting it is pretty much state-of-the-art modern. Hard to imagine in a school of 3,000 middle to upper- middle class kids that there weren’t two or three armed LEOs in uniform on campus every school day.

My sense of it is this all went down so fast they didn’t have the time to react.

This is just a small example of someone who knows a little more of what he is doing than we have faced in the past..

had an insert plan and an exit plan, and carried them out.. shoots 17 people dead and how many more wounded, and then
sneaks out among the rest of the kids...

what is going to happen when you have someone who is much more highly trained, like ex military... and is much more motivated.. to include expecting to be engaged by police or SROs on campus... and then what are the results if you have someone like that, but instead of one, there are several trained people targeting somewhere like a school with determination
and no problem sacrificing themselves...

these being soft targets with target rich environment, this sort of day is coming.. when several hundred or more victims and death
will occur.... a solution is not more gun control, and big hopes, that they way most of these places are wide open target, are not going to happen again....

Liberal leftists and democRATS never learn.. its like they want this stuff to happen, to ban firearms and the loss of high school students is an acceptable loss to them. its not their kids getting killed when they live in gated communities.

I posted this on another, similar thread but will, here too:

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt.../re-another-school-shooting#Post12643229
Posted By: Sako76 Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/16/18
I may have missed it but does anyone know how Cruz entered the school? Did he just walk in? Did he shoot the elderly guard? I'm assuming all 3000 students don't enter the school through just one access point. Thanks.
Hadn't heard, but I'd guess an AR (or any firearm) would show up on a metal detector. You know, like the ones at airports, courthouses, and sporting arenas?
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/16/18
"innumerable magazines of weapons"
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/16/18
Originally Posted by Sako76
I may have missed it but does anyone know how Cruz entered the school? Did he just walk in? Did he shoot the elderly guard? I'm assuming all 3000 students don't enter the school through just one access point. Thanks.

I read yesterday that he entered shooting...
"innumerable magazines of weapons"

All in the same backpack.
Posted By: brinky72 Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/16/18
The problem is only the “how” is ever addressed and never the “why”. The kid was bat [bleep] crazy and that was never addressed and that is why this happened. How he did it is truly unimportant. If it wasn’t a gun it would have been with a bomb or knife or bus or rental truck. If someone would have been able to say this kid is nuts and been able to address that issue without violating some BS medical regulations or civil rights early on this wouldn’t have happened. Like so many other thing in this country we address the wrong end of a problem and get nowhere spending billions. Just look at illegal drugs. Heroin has been illegal for ever yet we are in the biggest heroin epidemic ever. Making it illegal sure doesn’t solve the problem because there isn’t any real consequences for breaking the law. You get caught with drugs or selling it you get a hug and free therapy. This kid should have been seen as a problem long before this and should have been dealt with long ago but because it’s politically incorrect to say or do anything he was left alone.
Growing up when I did in the late 70’s and 80’s if you even said something stupid like this kid did you would have got your ass kicked minimum. And, that would have been from your friends. Then just wait until your old man got ahold of you.
This is what happens when a disgruntled kid wakes up one day and realizes he's not as special as society said he was.
Posted By: ltppowell Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/17/18
Originally Posted by Steelhead

Agreed, but please make sure the parents pay for it, not the taxpayer. Otherwise, why can't I have taxpayer security 24/7 at my house?

You know that's not how socialism works.
I
Posted By: Seafire Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/17/18
Response to Bloomberg's Every Town USA emails...

[b

Never let a tragedy go to waste? Do ya? What have you guys done to prevent
this from happening, except to allow schools to be gun free zones.. So that a
potential shooter knows he has a target rich environment, no fear of being shot
at, or threatened any harm... How is banning guns and 20,000 gun laws working
to stop the problem? It isn't is it? yet you keep on the same broken record speech
constantly.. you liberals are as much to blame for the problem by creating a safe
environment for an active shooter,
not for the students at the school.
][/b]
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/17/18

Aren't public schools funded by tax money "socialistic" by their very definition?
Posted By: K22 Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/17/18

Aren't public schools funded by tax money "socialistic" by their very definition?

Yes.
It could even be considered communism.
10. Free education for all children in government schools. Abolition of children's factory labor in its present form.
(Gradual shift from private education to publicly funded began in the Northern States, early 1800's. 1887: federal money (unconstitutionally) began funding specialized education. Smith-Lever Act of 1914, vocational education; Smith-Hughes Act of 1917 and other relief acts of the 1930's. Federal school lunch program of 1935; National School Lunch Act of 1946. National Defense Education Act of 1958, a reaction to Russia's Sputnik satellite demonstration, provided grants to education's specialties. Federal school aid law passed, 1965, greatly enlarged federal role in education, "head-start" programs, textbooks, library books.

Encyclopedia Britannica
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/17/18

And it shouldn't be. Pay for your own bastards.
Posted By: ZKight89 Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/17/18
Originally Posted by Steelhead

And it shouldn't be. Pay for your own bastards.

Starting to sound like a bunch of Libertarians around here, I like it.
Posted By: AcesNeights Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/17/18
I don’t know how it’s done in the south but up here we get to vote for school levy’s. I thought voting was a democratic solution? If the school levy gets a certain percentage above 50% it’s approved, if it gets less then the school levy fails. Pretty simple but it’s not unexpected for the losing side to bitch and whine.

I’m amazed at the amount of numbnuts that derive their income directly from the taxpayer but bitch and moan about taxes. The irony and hypocrisy here never ceases to amaze me. In fact the ones that retired at an early age from their government jobs, draw a tax payer paid pension and tax payer paid benefits seem to be the biggest bitches when it comes to the public school system. Why don’t local police departments hold levy’s like the schools do to get the additional funding they desire? Why don’t the citizens have a say over how their police departments are funded? The fire department has voter approved levy’s to give them additional funding for new equipment, staffing levels, etc.

I’ve never had to call the police or fire department so why should I have to pay? <rhetorical>
Posted By: 16bore Re: Active shooter in FL? - 02/17/18
Well, let's piss you off a little more. Neighborhood of $50K houses vs neighborhood of $500K houses. Who pays more taxes and who needs more police interaction? Just stating facts.
© 24hourcampfire