Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I keep seeing words like "disturbed, emotional, distrugh"....all read Rx.
I'd bet dimes to donuts the guy wants medicated.
The VAST majority of all of these shooters have been medicated and no body seems to be able to address the link.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
GB1

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Paddler
The solution is keeping semiautomatic weapons out of the hands of mentally ill losers. Reclassify semiauto weapons that accept detachable magazines and use centerfire ammunition as Class 3, subject to all applicable qualifications and restrictions. There's more blood on the hands of the NRA and Republicans today, and clearly many here on the fire. I think it's called dereliction of duty.

Do you screw your daughter or just your son?

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I don't get it. Where does this type of behavior come from? You can point fingers all you want, and say bullying does this, or that or Video games do this or that. I got bullied, but I hit back, Yes I got in trouble for it at times, got my rearend kicked a few times, but it wasn't long after , I stopped getting messed with. It is called suck it up and deal with it.

Yes there are evil people in the world, however in my opinion it takes some doing to get that evil to manifest.

When I was 18 /19 years old, I was more concerned about where my next piece of azz was coming from, or how I was going to score some beer for the weekend. How was I going to cut out of work to hunt or fish and still pay rent.

Also I blame the media for super sensationalizing every tragedy that goes on these days. Yes we need to be informed of what is going on, but news anchors need to state the news, and not express their opinions.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gitem_12
The solution is keeping semiautomatic weapons out of the hands of mentally ill losers. Reclassify semiauto weapons that accept detachable magazines and use centerfire ammunition as Class 3, subject to all applicable qualifications and restrictions. There's more blood on the hands of the NRA and Republicans today, and clearly many here on the fire. I think it's called dereliction of duty.

Do you screw your daughter or just your son?

His dad screwed a mule, in the arse.

What fell out was a "Paddler".

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

There's the liberal reaction we knew was coming.

Was the shooter and NRA member?

A republican?

A Campfire member?

The only dereliction of duty I see was the officials at the school that knew this guy was a dangerous nutjob, and did nothing.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B2

K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by Rugerfan4374
I don't get it. Where does this type of behavior come from? You can point fingers all you want, and say bullying does this, or that or Video games do this or that. I got bullied, but I hit back, Yes I got in trouble for it at times, got my rearend kicked a few times, but it wasn't long after , I stopped getting messed with. It is called suck it up and deal with it.

Yes there are evil people in the world, however in my opinion it takes some doing to get that evil to manifest.

When I was 18 /19 years old, I was more concerned about where my next piece of azz was coming from, or how I was going to score some beer for the weekend. How was I going to cut out of work to hunt or fish and still pay rent.

Also I blame the media for super sensationalizing every tragedy that goes on these days. Yes we need to be informed of what is going on, but news anchors need to state the news, and not express their opinions.

Take a look at ringworm's post. There is a big part of your answer. Another part is the dumbing down of students in public schools, no real incentive to excel above other students, and add to all this with no real consequences for your actions. Hell, there is a list a mile long.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by ringworm
I keep seeing words like "disturbed, emotional, distrugh"....all read Rx.
I'd bet dimes to donuts the guy wants medicated.
The VAST majority of all of these shooters have been medicated and no body seems to be able to address the link.

HIPPA rules the disclosure of drugs out !

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Seafire
I'm involved with sales and installing emergency response systems to Senior Assisted Living facilities...
These are essentially commercial security systems, that businesses will get, and the only difference is the computer
program is generated to a medical facility.

They are pretty simple concept and all wireless...

a perfect environment would be in a school system....teachers have an emergency button around their neck or in their purse or whatever.. if they see an incident or problem they can touch a button and it can send an emergency alarm to the school office.
that can be communicated via pagers, to any SRO or LEO attached to the school system...

Since school PA systems have the ability to listen in on rooms.. as soon as the alarm is sent by a teacher.. which wouldn't alert
the perp, the school can remotely listen in to the room and assess the situation without it being known by the perp either..

Then they can act accordingly, by notifying LEOs or the SROs within the school, depending on the situation...and can also alert
other class rooms of a problem in room XYZ etc....

I have offered to put this type of system into local school districts here in Southern Oregon, at dealer cost...
they can't seem to be bothered... they all have the "it can't or won't happen here mentality".....

Sadly one of the places I offered it to at Cost, and gave me the exact, It can't or won't happen here... Happen to be Umpqua
Community College... well it did happen there.. and 9 students were killed...

We were willing to do this at no profit to us, as a public service....Schools and School districts can't be bothered...

but then they are all ran by liberals......which explains a lot...

if the system had been installed at Umpqua Comm College, I can guarantee ya, there would not have been 9 dead students.
odds are the perp would have been reported with a rifle on campus before he ever got a chance to threaten people...

that is why these things concern me greatly... and I say the Schools are the ones the most responsible for it happening in their
schools, as when they are proposed solutions, they can't be bothered.. even when it is being done at no profit for the vendor.

Combine that with video surveillance and a lot of this can be prevented.... or if nothing less, the loss of life greatly reduced...

John ,

That sounds like a very reasonable/workable system . Add in more armed staff members and things would change for the better immediatly .

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

The blood is on the hands of the DNC and the sheep that follow for keeping GUN FREE zones relevant.

Pretty simple really.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Why do they pick schools. Why hurt children? Makes no sense to me.

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by hanco

The difference between today and the 1970s and prior is that depressed teens are routinely put on Prozac and the like. These drugs blur the distinction between fantasy and reality and lower inhibition against acting out on fantasy.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I think we need some big prayers all around! Victims, relatives, friends and people who survived! Another big prayer for this carnage to stop!

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by K22
Originally Posted by Rugerfan4374

Take a look at ringworm's post. There is a big part of your answer. Another part is the dumbing down of students in public schools, no real incentive to excel above other students, and add to all this with no real consequences for your actions. Hell, there is a list a mile long.

Oh yes I agree, the dumbing down of the schools, also the damn participation trophy syndrome. IF YOU LOSE, YOU DON"T GET A TROPHY!!!! Man, the no fear of consequences is a big one! I got in trouble once when I was 16, yes handcuff kind of trouble, but the cop took me home ( he knew my Dad). I was begging the cop to take me to jail over taking me home. Why you ask, because I knew I was in the wrong and did it anyway, and in my mind sitting in the a jail cell was far more favorable than the whooping I was going to receive when I got home. One other thing, the punishment when I was growing up did not end with the whooping. Because privileges got taken away for a determined amount of time after the whooping. It was the whopping, then the restriction of privileges, then came the sit and talk about what you did, why it was wrong, and the understanding that , that kind of behavior was not acceptable.

Last edited by Rugerfan4374; 02/15/18.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by hanco

In the case of teenage shooters, their high school IS their world, and in their minds they are not shooting children, they are shooting people the same age as themselves.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
The shooter is a 19 year old registered Democrat that showed interest and communism and ISIS terrorism on his social media. If democrats would stop shooting people, gun crimes in this country would be reduced by 95%.

Principle Above All Else
R
Redneck Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by BALLISTIK
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

And there ya go..... Dem. Antifa.
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Why aren't we hearing about poor Nicolas Cruz's parents by now?

They can't find them? Are they still in El Salvador?

Not a peep of his background, other than he was a crazy, dangerous person that was allowed to pretty much do whatever he wanted...

I'm betting because his folks were wets.

On the news this am it appears his biological parents are both dead; the father a few years ago and his mother just a very few months ago.. Being 19 and now without his family could be a real contributing factor to his snapping and going on this rampage..

NO excuses here - just pointing out it could be a factor..

But as another poster said (way) above, I would be all for taking this pos outside to the wall and nationally broadcasting his immediate execution...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Does anyone know if there was a Resource Officer on site? Did he return fire? Was he killed? In Florida, armed Resource Officers (police officers assigned to schools) are pretty standard.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I don't think that Antifa guy is him.

The shooter had ears that stuck out like a taxi cab with both doors open..

It ain't the guy in the mugshot from yesterday.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Does anyone know if there was a Resource Officer on site? Did he return fire? Was he killed? In Florida, armed Resource Officers (police officers assigned to schools) are pretty standard.

If there weren't at least two that would surprise me greatly.

Reports are that the shooter escaped campus amid the crowds of panicked students.

If so, take that as evidence how quick this thing could have gone down.

Hallways full of students on account of a fire drill, people on this site talking about how an early warning system/better communication could have helped things. I dunno that a warning could have been more immediate in this case than the sound of gunfire. Before the SRO's can even coherently react, shooters pulls his mask off, blends with the running crowds. Those few kids who know who the shooter is cannot communicate that to anyone who can make a difference in time for an intervention/apprehension.

In a fire drill schools pride themselves on evacuating a school within two or three minutes of the alarm being sounded. What is likely to happen now is the alarm is pulled, everybody waits for verbal confirmation over the PA system/phone app whatever before they evacuate.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by UNCCGrad
Originally Posted by kwg020
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
On Martha McCallum's show on Fox News, now, Demotard Fl Sen. Nelson says shooter had Gas Mask & smoke grenades. And that the shooter had a "high caliber rapid fire rifle". Sen. Dipschitt also says he supports the 2nd Amendment and is also a hunter, but that AR-15's are only made for killing! Then he goes on to say that we should all support Fienstine's bill to stop those on the Gov. "Watch List" from buying guns.

Typical Dematards ! Never let a good tragedy go to waste as an opportunity to push for more gun control. mad

Why do you think the dems will not do anything about folks with mental health issues. They need a crisis so they can be in control.

After 6 years as a High school SRO, it appears this is the most lax security I have ever seen in a metro High school. We had kids who were told to never come back in our building but we had someone there armed to at least keep them out. I always found it satisfying on the first few days of school when one of our "former" dropouts always tried to come back and hang out with his old gang. They usually left in handcuffs with a perp walk to the waiting police car. I didn't have repeat offenders.

kwg

What's your perspective on the answer to shootings like these? Increased SROs? Fewer entrances with increased security? Allowing CCW teachers to carry? I ask because my wife is a public teacher and and I have kids that do/will attend public schools. I'm unsure how our high schools are set up but I know the elementary schools have one point of entry that you must be buzzed in to enter. There's a separate waiting area that is locked as well. This likely wouldn't work in a HS with their schedules and oftentimes multiple buildings.

I personally think a major issue is we try to medicate the insane back to sanity which just isnt working.

Stop releasing the shooter's names. Don't give the losers what they crave most.

Edit: On second thought, he announced to the world what he was going to do. Everybody knew it was coming and did nothing. A cleaning of the FBI, and school would also be in order.

Last edited by 280shooter; 02/15/18.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

588 members (1minute, 160user, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 58 invisible), 2,786 guests, and 1,288 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,853
Posts18,478,484
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.