Home
An editorial today in China's "Global Times" (an unofficial mouthpiece of The Party) has called for a a Chinese expansion of the trade war and open rebellion against Trump as a consequence of Trump's announcement of tariffs on Chinese goods: The piece concludes:

"Most Americans have their life linked with China-US trade. As the tensions escalate, we want to expand the trade war to all Americans so that they have to choose whether to support Trump's unscrupulous move or to hold the president accountable."

See:

http://www.globaltimes.cn/content/1096751.shtml

My response:

SUK MY DONG !!

[Linked Image]
I can do without my Dollar Store trinkets.
I say we rise up against the Chicoms before they won all of America.

kwg
Fuqk China.

It's time quality goods are available for purchase again.
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Fuqk China.

It's time quality goods are available for purchase again.

Yeah, like retailers give us a choice. You have to go waaaaay out of your way to find things made in America now. If retailers would stop pushing chinese crap, we'd stop buying it. Simple truth is, they make more money on it so they force us to buy it by not stocking Amercan made goods, if they even exist anymore.

Anything for a dollar.
Good luck with American made electonics. I’d love the opportunity to buy them but it is not there.
Gotta laugh at this.
For decades, China has practiced hostile trade tactics against us.
Now that we have a President who will try to level the field for American workers, it's a G
damn trade war!

7mm
Yeah, I'll get right on that.

Was talking to an old buddy from grade school in the old country yesterday. I completely blew his mind when I told him I liked what Trump was doing. The media had never shown anyone that was not completely opposed to Trump. I really didn't care what he, or anyone else abroad, thinks of him. He's not their dam president!
Rise up against your own president, and gfy!
China just outlawed the online sale of Bibles and is cracking down on non "State approved" Catholic Church services. The Pope cut some kind of deal with China where the priests teach about respect for Government... or some such thing.

I'll do what I can to not buy Chinese. This will grow Trump's base.
Originally Posted by Fireball2
I can do without my Dollar Store trinkets.

It's certainly not just Dollar Store trinkets. It's also the Black and Decker, Mr Coffee, Krups, etc coffee makers and Sun Beam toasters. (And how many American-made versions are being sold at $80/copy when the China version sitting next to it can be bought, broken, and thrown away for $29.99/copy?

Originally Posted by kwg020
I say we rise up against the Chicoms before they won all of America.

kwg

Well, who's buying the $12 Norton American-made 3417 version (besides union contract folks) grinding wheel when the exact same Norton model 3417c grinding wheel can be bought, built to the exact same spec per Norton for 1/3 the price?

Competition is good until it sucks because someone else figures out how to play by other rules.
Originally Posted by ftbt
An editorial today in China's "Global Times" (an unofficial mouthpiece of The Party) has called for a a Chinese expansion of the trade war and open rebellion against Trump as a consequence of Trump's announcement of tariffs on Chinese goods: The piece concludes:

"Most Americans have their life linked with China-US trade. As the tensions escalate, we want to expand the trade war to all Americans so that they have to choose whether to support Trump's unscrupulous move or to hold the president accountable."

See:

http://www.globaltimes.cn/content/1096751.shtml

My response:

SUK MY DONG !!

[Linked Image]

The way I see it, should the US get the hump with China and private industry moves en mass to another venue for production through either financial or political pressure, then the new venue will profit and grow and China will be just another cesspit in Asia without any future...the Chinese cannot exist as a major manufacturing base without the US economy and consumers to prop it up.

On the other hand I am pretty sure Australia benefits immeasurably from the sale of raw material to China...but whatever the next venue is it will need the same materials.

Feel free to [bleep] China.
The fact that China dislikes our president makes me like him even more!
MAGA.
Originally Posted by 2ndwind
China just outlawed the online sale of Bibles and is cracking down on non "State approved" Catholic Church services. The Pope cut some kind of deal with China where the priests teach about respect for Government... or some such thing.

Can you share a link to that tidbit?
Glad to see a president with the balls to stand up to the commie bastards. Going to be some pain, though, unfortunately. We should do our best to move Chinese jobs to central/South American and alleviate our immigration problem. The jobs that can’t come here, anyway.
Chinese already have a demographic problem, tank there economy and they are going to struggle for a while. Threat from them will be much reduced by the time they recover. May even bring about regime change.
I go out of my way to not buy anything made in China. No matter the cost difference.
They're dog eating turds.
Long about 1940, our fathers and grandfathers would be pitching Chinese crap in the yard right about now.
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Originally Posted by 2ndwind

Can you share a link to that tidbit?

https://gizmodo.com/china-just-banned-online-sales-of-the-bible-1825027863

http://www.scmp.com/news/china/poli...erground-catholics-torn-between-hope-and
Another thing to be thankful is Trump did not sign the TPP , you can guarantee the evil beotch would have first day on the job.
Good thing we all got the $200 a month tax break. Inflation will eat up $400. MAGA I guess,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
My sweetheart and I took an unplanned quick 3 day trip to Vegas and went to the gift shop at Trump tower to get the kids some MAGA gear, everything I saw being sold there was Made in the USA. 👍

I don’t need cheap Chink crap and a total embargo on the Chinks would get their attention. I couldn’t give a rats ass if Walmart went tits up because of it.
Originally Posted by callnum
Good thing we all got the $200 a month tax break. Inflation will eat up $400. MAGA I guess,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

12 trillion dollars added to the deficit by the corksucker you voted in . MAGA
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
My sweetheart and I took an unplanned quick 3 day trip to Vegas and went to the gift shop at Trump tower to get the kids some MAGA gear, everything I saw being sold there was Made in the USA. 👍

I don’t need cheap Chink crap and a total embargo on the Chinks would get their attention. I couldn’t give a rats ass if Walmart went tits up because of it.

Oh yeah , You can bet Sam Walton is turning in his grave seeing his kids selling out to the scum ChiComs.
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

Record high lumber prices and steel prices doubling means everything at the grocery store and Costco will cost you more. See all those pallets and crates,,,,,,,,,,,,Just one example.
Kiss your tax break goodbye.
So now the trifecta of enemies is conceived . . . the chi coms join forces with the democrats and fake news agencies.
Trying to think of one thing made in China that is of decent quality. Anyone?
Originally Posted by cv540

Grizzly shop tools are decent quality. Some people thing iphones and Macs are decent.Probably lots of stuff.

Record high lumber prices and steel prices doubling means everything at the grocery store and Costco will cost you more. See all those pallets and crates,,,,,,,,,,,,Just one example.

Dumbass do you think they grow trees in China? DUH
So by the numbers,

In 2017 the US imported $506 billion in goods from China, while we exported $130 to them, for a trade deficit of $375 billion.

The US is the biggest consumer of Chinese goods, buying 18.3 percent of all Chinese exports.

So by alienating their biggest customers China will win a trade war how?

(https://www.thebalance.com/u-s-china-trade-deficit-causes-effects-and-solutions-3306277)
http://www.worldstopexports.com/chinas-top-import-partners/
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans

Grizzly shop tools are decent quality. Some people thing iphones and Macs are decent.Probably lots of stuff.

25 years ago, when it yet might have done some good to embargo them, their stuff was rather universally garbage. But just like happened with Japanese stuff between the 50s and the 70s, once they got up to speed, they are perfectly capable to building much stuff to the specs our companies demand.

BTW, can anyone name an electric or cordless drill being manufactured in the USA these days. (I know there are some that aren't made in China, though the majority are.)

Dumbass steel for nails come from China, and they grow plenty of trees in Canada, DUH

http://money.cnn.com/2017/04/24/investing/canada-lumber-tariff-trump/index.html

http://www.builderonline.com/produc...mber-costs-set-to-drive-up-home-prices_c

Dumbass steel for nails come from China, and they grow plenty of trees in Canada, DUH

http://money.cnn.com/2017/04/24/investing/canada-lumber-tariff-trump/index.html

Do we import them from China , dumb MF? Here is your answer we and Canada sell them trees so they can build their cheap furniture and ship it back to us. DUH

We buy our building lumber from Canada, so again tell me why the prices should go up? they are part of Nafta DUH
So by the numbers,

In 2017 the US imported $506 billion in goods from China, while we exported $130 to them, for a trade deficit of $375 billion.

The US is the biggest consumer of Chinese goods, buying 18.3 percent of all Chinese exports.

So by alienating their biggest customers China will win a trade war how?

(https://www.thebalance.com/u-s-china-trade-deficit-causes-effects-and-solutions-3306277)
http://www.worldstopexports.com/chinas-top-import-partners/

Shhh you might confuse some liberals
We have been getting the high hard one on trade with China for 30 years, about time we deal with the issue. Honestly I'll never understand why we gave so much technology for free. The fact they are bichin is a good indication Trump hit a nerve.

The only problem with nuking china is, a hour later your ready to do it again :-)
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
We have been getting the high hard one on trade with China for 30 years, about time we deal with the issue. Honestly I'll never understand why we gave so much technology for free. The fact they are bichin is a good indication Trump hit a nerve.

The only problem with nuking china is, a hour later your ready to do it again :-)

Not all technology is "given".

Those Chinese bastards have elaborate networks in place to rip off American technology.

I've seen LOTS of that on the firearms/hunting/optics/electronics industries.

Nothing but rip offs.

That's why cameras aren't allowed at SHOTShow. But they circumvent that too with hidden spy cameras.
Trade war?-- bull!
MAGA
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman

Not all technology is "given".

Those Chinese bastards have elaborate networks in place to rip off American technology.

I've seen LOTS of that on the firearms/hunting/optics/electronics industries.

Nothing but rip offs.

That's why cameras aren't allowed at SHOTShow. But they circumvent that too with hidden spy cameras.

I've been in high tech for 25 years, we knew exactly what we were doing when we shipped them stuff to reverse engineer. Now they are much stronger and advanced then they would of been if we would have kept them on the for list and not shipped over our tech. Did they steal stuff? Yes. But we knew they going to steal the stuff we sent them. So we are the idiots in that equation.
Originally Posted by RJY66
Long about 1940, our fathers and grandfathers would be pitching Chinese crap in the yard right about now.

they were good men!

China says pick a side. Ok [bleep], you asked and you got it, I'll start lookin at labels F your Chinee bullchit
Olddumbelkhunter

Do you understand NAFTA? Do you understand what the 20% duty Trump put on lumber from Canada did to prices?

It’s not the lumber is going to go up it all ready has hit record highs. Did you read the link I provided or is it to complicated?

You really are not to bright. If any of this is too hard for you to understand simply call your local lumber yard. Ask them about price and availability on lumber in the past 6 months. While you are at it check nail, screw and rebar prices.

Here it is again typed slowly for you.

#magainflation
I agreed with china until I remembered that Obama is not president
Short term thinkers whine and drive the extra mile to Walmart. China is a despotic oligarchy that is dependent on the US and the adoption of capitalism. They have virtually no oil and can't feed the populace w/ out imports, largely from the US.

If we had the national will we could produce enough energy to control the world markets, we already feed the world. We still have the ability to be the sole superpower but lack the will, and until recently the leadership.

Being great is not easy.

MAGA

mike r
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Short term thinkers whine and drive the extra mile to Walmart. China is a despotic oligarchy that is dependent on the US and the adoption of capitalism. They have virtually no oil and can't feed the populace w/ out imports, largely from the US.

If we had the national will we could produce enough energy to control the world markets, we already feed the world. We still have the ability to be the sole superpower but lack the will, and until recently the leadership.

Being great is not easy.

MAGA

mike r

Globalist politicians lack the will for obvious reasons.
It will be interesting come year end.
I wonder how committed chena will be considering the enormous amount of tbills they own.
Wonder what percentage of the $130 billion we export to China is food? A billion hungry Chinamen might become a bit of a problem for them. People get kinda cranky when they're hungry.
So they want their biggest and best trading partner to go to economic war with them, and to stop buying their goods????

Dumb China, you're not that stupid and we all know it. Quit bluffing and get to the negotiating table before you hurt yourselves!
Oh, and MAGA

Will you offer better solutions to the problem? Or will you just gnash your teeth about possibly having to pay more for goods, while reducing our trade deficit and perhaps making more jobs for Americans? Really, quit whining and offer a better solution, Henny Penny.
I would love to be able to buy a good product once for more money and have it last several years instead of buying chinese crap that might break after a couple of months.
Originally Posted by Hogwild7
I would love to be able to buy a good product once for more money and have it last several years instead of buying chinese crap that might break after a couple of months.

I get around that by perusing ebay and snaffling items of interest from days of yore.

You would be amazed at the goodies those lunatic Yanks will sell...often for a pittance.

Either your math is off, or your typing. $506 billion less $130 is still damn near $506 billion. grin miles
Wonder what percentage of the $130 billion we export to China is food? A billion hungry Chinamen might become a bit of a problem for them. People get kinda cranky when they're hungry.

A whole lot of it. As a matter of fact, among one of their targets, pork, one of the largest US exporters is a chinese owned company.

I'm really worried about that one.... wink

Among the middle class and up in China, very few eat any Chinese food if they can help it. They will go out of their way to find US foods. So the Chinese are creating discontent among their own population, and aggrieving their largest customer. Not a hand I'd look forward to playing.....
If you're interested in how China may hurt various US interests via tariffs:

https://www.uschina.org/reports/us-exports/national
© 24hourcampfire