Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Olddumbelkhunter

Do you understand NAFTA? Do you understand what the 20% duty Trump put on lumber from Canada did to prices?

It’s not the lumber is going to go up it all ready has hit record highs. Did you read the link I provided or is it to complicated?

You really are not to bright. If any of this is too hard for you to understand simply call your local lumber yard. Ask them about price and availability on lumber in the past 6 months. While you are at it check nail, screw and rebar prices.

Here it is again typed slowly for you.

http://www.builderonline.com/produc...mber-costs-set-to-drive-up-home-prices_c

#magainflation

Last edited by callnum; 04/06/18.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I agreed with china until I remembered that Obama is not president

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Short term thinkers whine and drive the extra mile to Walmart. China is a despotic oligarchy that is dependent on the US and the adoption of capitalism. They have virtually no oil and can't feed the populace w/ out imports, largely from the US.

If we had the national will we could produce enough energy to control the world markets, we already feed the world. We still have the ability to be the sole superpower but lack the will, and until recently the leadership.

Being great is not easy.

MAGA

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Short term thinkers whine and drive the extra mile to Walmart. China is a despotic oligarchy that is dependent on the US and the adoption of capitalism. They have virtually no oil and can't feed the populace w/ out imports, largely from the US.

If we had the national will we could produce enough energy to control the world markets, we already feed the world. We still have the ability to be the sole superpower but lack the will, and until recently the leadership.

Being great is not easy.

MAGA

mike r

Globalist politicians lack the will for obvious reasons.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
It will be interesting come year end.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I wonder how committed chena will be considering the enormous amount of tbills they own.

Last edited by RichardAustin; 04/06/18.

Be Polite , Be Professional , but have a plan to kill everybody you meet
-General James Mattis United States Marine Corps

Nothing is darker than a mau mau's moo moo.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Wonder what percentage of the $130 billion we export to China is food? A billion hungry Chinamen might become a bit of a problem for them. People get kinda cranky when they're hungry.

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
So they want their biggest and best trading partner to go to economic war with them, and to stop buying their goods????

Dumb China, you're not that stupid and we all know it. Quit bluffing and get to the negotiating table before you hurt yourselves!

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Oh, and MAGA

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by callnum
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by callnum
Good thing we all got the $200 a month tax break. Inflation will eat up $400. MAGA I guess,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

12 trillion dollars added to the deficit by the corksucker you voted in . MAGA

Record high lumber prices and steel prices doubling means everything at the grocery store and Costco will cost you more. See all those pallets and crates,,,,,,,,,,,,Just one example.
Kiss your tax break goodbye.

Will you offer better solutions to the problem? Or will you just gnash your teeth about possibly having to pay more for goods, while reducing our trade deficit and perhaps making more jobs for Americans? Really, quit whining and offer a better solution, Henny Penny.

IC B3

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I would love to be able to buy a good product once for more money and have it last several years instead of buying chinese crap that might break after a couple of months.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Hogwild7
I would love to be able to buy a good product once for more money and have it last several years instead of buying chinese crap that might break after a couple of months.

I get around that by perusing ebay and snaffling items of interest from days of yore.

You would be amazed at the goodies those lunatic Yanks will sell...often for a pittance.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
In 2017 the US imported $506 billion in goods from China, while we exported $130 to them, for a trade deficit of $375 billion.

Either your math is off, or your typing. $506 billion less $130 is still damn near $506 billion. grin miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by cv540
Wonder what percentage of the $130 billion we export to China is food? A billion hungry Chinamen might become a bit of a problem for them. People get kinda cranky when they're hungry.

A whole lot of it. As a matter of fact, among one of their targets, pork, one of the largest US exporters is a chinese owned company.

I'm really worried about that one.... wink

Among the middle class and up in China, very few eat any Chinese food if they can help it. They will go out of their way to find US foods. So the Chinese are creating discontent among their own population, and aggrieving their largest customer. Not a hand I'd look forward to playing.....

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If you're interested in how China may hurt various US interests via tariffs:

https://www.uschina.org/reports/us-exports/national

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

373 members (17CalFan, 163bc, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 10Glocks, 27 invisible), 1,816 guests, and 1,104 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,456
Posts18,508,118
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.