Home
Posted By: double_LUNG_em Montana vs. Wyoming - 10/21/18
Hey guys gonna be going to visit both Montana and Wyoming next year and also going to be doing a hunt in montana this season 2018 and a hunt in montana and Wyoming in the 2019 season. Still trying to decide on if I want to live in montana or wyoming. Which of the two states would you want to live in and why? Which state has better tag availability for residents and which has better hunting. Came into some money from my grandma and my dad's gonna help me buy my property when I decide which of the state's i want to move too. Also which state has better gun laws and is more conservative, I'm tired of commiefornia and want to make a change. Depending on price of the property i will hopefully own a nice size property that's against national forest or BLM land. Also what part of each state would you want to live in? I know eastern Montana has more deer and antelope than elk so would you want to live in east, central or western Montana or wyoming. Thanks for any input you can give me.
Posted By: BALLISTIK Re: Montana vs. Wyoming - 10/21/18
[Linked Image]

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...-you-want-to-own-a-ranch-on#Post12863773

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...t-to-own-a-hunting-ranch-on#Post12862922

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...here-would-you-want-to-live#Post13105509
Posted By: jk16 Re: Montana vs. Wyoming - 10/21/18
DO BOTH OF THOSE STATES A BIG FAVOR.

STAY IN CALIFORNIA.
Posted By: Lockhart Re: Montana vs. Wyoming - 10/21/18
Texas. No doubt. The others are way too cold.
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Montana vs. Wyoming - 10/21/18
You'd really like Arizona.
Posted By: trplem Re: Montana vs. Wyoming - 10/21/18
While they're both absolute rubbish as a place to call home, at least Montana has a Frank Zappa song about it. So, y'know, there's that...
Posted By: FishinHank Re: Montana vs. Wyoming - 10/21/18
Finally, someone doesn't want to move to Alaska.
Posted By: shawlerbrook Re: Montana vs. Wyoming - 10/21/18
Don’t know the answer to your questions, but can’t blame you for wanting to leave California.
Posted By: jnyork Re: Montana vs. Wyoming - 10/21/18
I hear Kansas is real nice.
Originally Posted by jk16

STAY IN CALIFORNIA.

If you like wind, move to Wyoming. When I grew up, you could just about set your watch by the time it came up out of the north west every morning.
Posted By: double_LUNG_em Re: Montana vs. Wyoming - 10/21/18
My family owns a house in flagstaff but it's just to difficult to get elk tags in the state
Why are they such rubbish. What about idaho
When I'm going to be spending quite a bit of money I want all the information possible before I spend my life's savings and inheritance. So if you don't like reading my posts than don't read them
Texas is to close to the border for my liking, already have to deal with way to many immigrants in California, want to get away from that... was also thinking about Kentucky
Why do you think I should stay in California. What do you have against me. I know some of my posts can be repetitive but I'm trying to get any information I can
Originally Posted by cambo0420
Why do you think I should stay in California. What do you have against me. I know some of my posts can be repetitive but I'm trying to get any information I can

Your from Kalifornia. People see how they ruined my state and presume the best course of action is protect their states from similar ideological invaders. Looks what's happening to Montana already. Most of that's the result of people who moved from Kalifornia, then work to turn their new home into the old cesspool they just left.
Posted By: luv2safari Re: Montana vs. Wyoming - 10/21/18
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

STAY IN CALIFORNIA.

If you like wind, move to Wyoming. When I grew up, you could just about set your watch by the time it came up out of the north west every morning.

My grandad worked in WY as a young man. He said you could toss your hat against the side of a barn at daybreak and find it still there at dusk. WY is far too windy and grim IMO. I hope a lot of people think so, too. It's great to have somewhere with wide open spaces (says I, growing up in NV wink ).
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Montana vs. Wyoming - 10/21/18
Hahaha! Thats an awesome saying.
Posted By: IZH27 Re: Montana vs. Wyoming - 10/21/18
If you want KY I’ve got a farm for sale. 57 acres and great hunting. 2-3 natural deer funnels. Deer turkey rabbit quail. Close to three lakes for fishing. Close to a great trout river.
Posted By: Timbermaster Re: Montana vs. Wyoming - 10/21/18
If you like: expensive housing, expensive gasoline, expensive food, expensive electricity, expensive insurance, low wages, driving long distances, two seasons, extremely short summers, blizzards, 40-70 mph wind, snowpacked roads, driving in sideways whiteouts, shoveling wind drifts, brooming snow off your truck every morning, elk hunting, then a move is in your future!
My family owns a house in flagstaff but it's just to difficult to get elk tags in the state

Like has been alluded to, most folks in the west don't want any more folks moving in. Too many people is simply changing the character of those places, their homes. Regardless of your intentions, you could try Washington.
Posted By: 280shooter Re: Montana vs. Wyoming - 10/21/18

Sorry. We are over our quota of transplants. There is a law, however, that allows you to move in if you are conservative, flush 'How we did it back home' from your mind, and drive 4 Cali libs out of our state for each conservative that you bring with you.
Originally Posted by 280shooter

Sorry. We are over our quota of transplants. There is a law, however, that allows you to move in if you are conservative, flush 'How we did it back home' from your mind, and drive 4 Cali libs out of our state for each conservative that you bring with you.

Colorado is nice.
Posted By: stevevan1 Re: Montana vs. Wyoming - 10/21/18
Sounds like alot of replies are from folks who believe in the idea of "close the gate behind me".
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Originally Posted by 280shooter

Colorado is nice.

You mean WAS nice, until coastal Marxist ruined it for us.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Montana vs. Wyoming - 10/21/18
They have Taco Johns
Posted By: 280shooter Re: Montana vs. Wyoming - 10/21/18
Originally Posted by stevevan1
Sounds like alot of replies are from folks who believe in the idea of "close the gate behind me".

Or 'You turned your state into a liberal chithole, don't do the same for ours'.
Posted By: drover Re: Montana vs. Wyoming - 10/21/18
Gents, I suspect that our chain is being jerked a bit.

Check out the OP's location northern California - epicenter of the marijuana growing area of California.

Check out this portion of the OP's user name 420 - code for marijuana smoking.

The phrasing in his posts indicates to me that he is more than likely a pot smoking teenage having fun at the expense of the repliers.
Posted By: Tarkio Re: Montana vs. Wyoming - 10/21/18

Originally Posted by Timbermaster
If you like: expensive housing, expensive gasoline, expensive food, expensive electricity, expensive insurance, low wages, driving long distances, two seasons, extremely short summers, blizzards, 40-70 mph wind, snowpacked roads, driving in sideways whiteouts, shoveling wind drifts, brooming snow off your truck every morning, elk hunting, then a move is in your future!

Geez. When you put it that way, I find myself wanting to get out of this hellhole.
Posted By: kid0917 Re: Montana vs. Wyoming - 10/21/18
Originally Posted by Tarkio

Geez. When you put it that way, I find myself wanting to get out of this hellhole.

ROFL!! another unintended consequence type thing...
Posted By: jnyork Re: Montana vs. Wyoming - 10/21/18

"Pilgrim, ya gotta be tough out here in the West" John Wayne.

A nice drive from Cheyenne to Evanston via I-80 some wintery February day will be highly instructional for those folks who think they might want to move here.
Posted By: BayouRover Re: Montana vs. Wyoming - 10/21/18
Whichever of the two states that you move to, some places in each will likely embrace your California ideas that you are probably not capable of leaving at the California border as its all that you know in life.

If you choose Montana, Missoula would be an ideal location for a transplanted Californian.

if you chose Wyoming, Jackson would be ideal for a Californian hoping to "fit right in".

I agree on the OP's username. The 420 at the end of his username and the cambo in front of it reeks of pot smoke. I doubt very much that "cambo" has anything to do with a compound hunting bow. Just one letter off from "canbo".(cannabis) Tweety probably has no concept about what a compound bow even is.............. But he does like to troll other people because he can't seem to find a girl friend in junior high, so daddy's basement and his laptop are all that he has to help him to feel important in the world.

https://www.420magazine.com/community/categories/the-grow-room.5/
Originally Posted by stevevan1

Indeed. I barely got in on the "half the family is from here" clause. They been trying to rid me since but I'm digging in for another winter.

Oregon has all that a Californian could ever desire, apparently.
Where would you recommend I move than if not those two states. I lived in Boise area of Idaho for a few years and the weather wasn't bad at all
My birthday is April 20 1995 and my grandpa and my favorite movie was Rambo and my first name is Cameron so he called me cambo. Not a drug user never have and never will use dope so don't judge a book by its cover buddy
Constitutional conservative. Listen to rush Limbaugh everyday, I own a Hoyt RX1 so you obviously know nothing about me
My birthday is April 20. Never smoked pot never will. Tired of hunting in California and walking in on pot fields, tired of all the new gun laws. Tired of the people.
My bday is April 20 1995. One of the reasons I want to get out of California is I'm tired of hunting public land and running into marijuana grow operations. Yes a lot of people from California are liberal pot smokers but there are still a few of us who don't use drugs and are conservatives.
lol I don't know how many times I've had to say my birthday is April 20 that's why my username has 0420 in it. People from certain states feel like no one from California should move there, not all Californians are liberal [bleep] for brains
Posted By: Diesel Re: Montana vs. Wyoming - 10/21/18
This can be a pretty tough crowd here at the fire. Best advice is to listen long and post short.
Posted By: RoninPhx Re: Montana vs. Wyoming - 10/21/18
i have a daughter that took it in her head to move to northern nebraska, spitting distance to the state line and the rosebud indian rez across the border. And i have spent most of the afternoon researching the custer battleground and that area in southeastern montana. Seems like pretty country, but from zillow, they are proudful of their housing prices. There are some little towns along highway 20 were housing is pretty cheap.
i don't know what y ou would do for work in the area tho.
I sure saw some pretty country in there tho.
Posted By: RoninPhx Re: Montana vs. Wyoming - 10/21/18
it is possible these days to live in small out of the way places, depending on what you do for a living. daughter that moved up to the northern part of nebraska telecommutes with her company in calif. I know people in northeast arizona, pretty sparse in terms of people, that live there but run businesses in chicago.
Posted By: Stormin_Norman Re: Montana vs. Wyoming - 10/21/18
Montana is ghay, I’d choose Wyoming, or better yet Colorado.
Posted By: Old_Toot Re: Montana vs. Wyoming - 10/21/18
When I'm going to be spending quite a bit of money I want all the information possible before I spend my life's savings and inheritance. So if you don't like reading my posts than don't read them

Cambo jmo but Cody Wyoming general area is about as good as it gets anywhere . I’ll include east of there along the I-90 corridor, say, Buffalo, Sheridan, Dayton, etc, too.

Spend some time in the area and see if it’s a fit for you and yours. Take your time doing it.

Best of luck in your search and let us know what you come to favor.
Good advice.

Go find out for your self.

I like where I am at for a whole bunch of reasons that others dont agree with.
Good advice.

Go find out for your self.

I like where I am at for a whole bunch of reasons that others dont agree with.
Posted By: rifletom Re: Montana vs. Wyoming - 10/21/18
LOL. All these people moved from Ca to Wa., Ore., Co., Mt., Id., and Wy to fugh up those places? Really!? That many moved with that agenda? Thinking more of you're younger, college schooled local residents making these democratic decisions from your local schools. No fughing way that many liberals moved to those states from Ca. Some of you folks ought to look in the mirror.
Posted By: oldpinecricker Re: Montana vs. Wyoming - 10/22/18
Originally Posted by rifletom
LOL. All these people moved from Ca to Wa., Ore., Co., Mt., Id., and Wy to fugh up those places? Really!? That many moved with that agenda? Thinking more of you're younger, college schooled local residents making these democratic decisions from your local schools. No fughing way that many liberals moved to those states from Ca. Some of you folks ought to look in the mirror.

Actually what you just wrote has indeed come to fruition. Of course not all came from California but a good number have. In fact whole neighborhoods from SoCal have moved up to Western Montana, North Idaho, and the Boise area and yes it's changed dramatically. Basically the NW quad of the country has been annexed by southern Cali folks.

One of the worst areas is near me in Coeur d Alene ID. Massive housing development, terrible traffic and the lake built up with summer home mansions with most of it SoCal money. Yeah, it's changed. A lot.
Posted By: luv2safari Re: Montana vs. Wyoming - 10/22/18
Where would you recommend I move than if not those two states. I lived in Boise area of Idaho for a few years and the weather wasn't bad at all

Boise is the Banana Belt, compared to someplace like, say...Lander WY. eek

Your fellow countrymen are running me out of my native State, NV. Reno is just a wart on Sacramento's ass now.

I can't blame you for leaving.
Posted By: Diesel Re: Montana vs. Wyoming - 10/22/18
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

Cambo jmo but Cody Wyoming general area is about as good as it gets anywhere . I’ll include east of there along the I-90 corridor, say, Buffalo, Sheridan, Dayton, etc, too.

Spend some time in the area and see if it’s a fit for you and yours. Take your time doing it.

Best of luck in your search and let us know what you come to favor.

As Jim says, this is very good advice. Old Toot steered you right. Since you are still young, you have time to explore the whole country. There are so many special spots that are overlooked, There are many reasons to arrive at any one location that fits you. People, work, climate, hunting, soil quality, politics, cost of living just to name some.

California is special too, but the politcal bent makes it a no go for me, but not enough to keep others at bay.

There are jobs that will allow you to live anywhere and still have a good income and these jobs will let you see the country at the same time.

Don't rush your decision and don't let others make the decision for you. Go see for yourself.

And remember that nowhere stays the same forever.
Posted By: sgtsmmiii Re: Montana vs. Wyoming - 10/22/18
Texas is to close to the border for my liking, already have to deal with way to many immigrants in California, want to get away from that... was also thinking about Kentucky

When I was younger, never thought KY was "cool". But, since getting older - we have great gun laws ( state level preemption - the 2 big liberal cities can't cram gun laws down the rest of the state's throat ) , concealed carry, NFA Class 3 allowed, suppressors OK to hunt with, night time coyote hunting with shotguns ( only ), big whitetail deer, big elk in the eastern part of the state, coyotes, ground hogs, black bear, great fishing, housing prices and taxes are reasonable ( especially if you get away from the 2 big cities ), Knob Creek Machine Gun shoots 2 X a year, good amounts of state wildlife management areas to hunt, & a lot of the private farms will allow you to hunt or lease the property for the seasons.

I'm sure there is more that I am forgetting, but KY is a nice place to live.
Posted By: tikkanut Re: Montana vs. Wyoming - 10/22/18

STAY IN CALIFORNIA.

what a funny fugger..............

Utah is closed to any new transplants...............

stay away !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: tikkanut Re: Montana vs. Wyoming - 10/22/18

Utah sucks...........

Church won't let pot in.........gotta drive clear to NV or CO.........

3.2 beer...............................^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ for real beer

big game tags is the only lottery...........also run by the state.............tags are drawn in NV...WTF ?

taxes are high......water is scarce........too many people moving here..........

humidity is low...........all you do is lick your lips & pick your nose

hard to get even a general season deer draw tag...........otherwise just fine.....

[Linked Image]
Posted By: wilkeshunter Re: Montana vs. Wyoming - 10/22/18
It appears that this world is getting to dang small! It won’t be long and the northeast will be the place to go, as those folks will all be down here. They just keep pouring in here. Old farm after old farm after old farm is getting eaten up to provide tract built housing for these people. They love the density and they love to live among their own.
Posted By: Bristoe Re: Montana vs. Wyoming - 10/22/18
Originally Posted by sgtsmmiii

I'm sure there is more that I am forgetting, but KY is a nice place to live.

You got that right. When I was younger I roamed all over looking for some place to move to.

I ended up back here. I moved to a different part of Kentucky from where I was raised. But I wouldn't leave this state.

It's pretty much who I am. I wouldn't fit anywhere else.

And that's okay.
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Montana vs. Wyoming - 10/22/18
New Mexico is wayy cool.
Posted By: Salmonella Re: Montana vs. Wyoming - 10/22/18
I'm leery of your political leanings, based on your 420 handle..and I'm a native Californian.
Don't blame these guys if they feel the same.
A Californian has to really prove himself not to be a miserable, liberal piece of s h I t, simply because there are so many of them in California.
On the other hand there are some tremendously good, hard core right wing people in California.

Of all of my friends, I'm the underachiever of the bunch as far as being an outdoorsman.
I don't have a Grand Slam of Sheep or the North American 29 and have never been to Africa.

https://www.instagram.com/grizzskinner1/

I have hunted and fished all of my life and support conservative, Pro gun, pro hunting, pro trapping anti liberal policies all the way down the line, and raised a strong first responder of a son that shares my conservative beliefs and still have people look at me sideways because of my license plates...I don't blame them.

My preference is Wyoming.
It is the most lightly populated state in America and one of the reddest, most conservative states also.
It has tremendous weather swings, wind that wants to tear your skin off, freezing, sideways blizzards and sweltering 100 degree summers.
All this is is worth the price of admission of you truly want to live there, just remember....it ain't California and don't try to change it.

Posted By: double_LUNG_em Re: Montana vs. Wyoming - 10/22/18
Definitely not planning on changing it. My name has 0420 in it because I was born April 20 1995 and everyone seems to think I'm a pothead because of that and I'm not. Im as far right wing as you can be, main reason I was finally pushed over the line was having dinner with my family out near jack London square and then they went to Berkeley and those ANTI-FA f*%kers attacked my sisters vehicle because she had a trump sticker, tired of dealing with these socialist dumb asses who model what there doing after the black panther party it's freakin ridiculous, and the states only gonna get worse once Gavin newsom gets elected. It's been in a downward spiral for a long time and it's getting worse by the day.
Posted By: Salmonella Re: Montana vs. Wyoming - 10/22/18
Newsom is an absolute nightmare.
A total game changer, so liberal and anti gun that he makes Jerry Brown look like Ronald Reagan.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Montana vs. Wyoming - 10/22/18
Schit.....that dont sound good.

Ever get the feeling they are trying to drive you guys out?
Tell me about it. Gonna get out while I still can lol.
What part of Kentucky has the best deer hunting and best priced land?
Posted By: add Re: Montana vs. Wyoming - 10/22/18

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Montana vs. Wyoming - 10/22/18
Hahaha!

Sunriverditch.
Posted By: Remsen Re: Montana vs. Wyoming - 10/22/18
I was in OP's position a few years ago and ended up choosing Montana. I absolutely understand why Californians are looked at warily and I don't hold it against any of my new neighbors for assuming the worst. California's voters have done significant damage not only to their own state but the entire country and even those of us who are conservative are going to get branded. Still, I would rather be looked down on in Montana than have to live in California.
Posted By: BobMt Re: Montana vs. Wyoming - 10/22/18

this is still America, move where you want to......I wouldn't give 2 shtts what anyone thinks...…..also every state has their own home grown libs......bob
Posted By: Bristoe Re: Montana vs. Wyoming - 10/22/18

I don't know about land prices. It can vary quite a bit within individual counties.

Bet here's the deer hunting scoop.

https://goneoutdoors.com/counties-kentucky-deer-hunting-6669350.html
Posted By: sgtsmmiii Re: Montana vs. Wyoming - 10/23/18

Bristoe and I are both in the central part of the state ( the Bluegrass Region ). Deer are thick and a few years back, KY was in serious contention for possibly having the most B&C size deer of ANY state.

My front yard:

[Linked Image]

My back yard:

[Linked Image]

Not too shabby.........

Bristoe's county and my county ( adjacent to each other ) are kinda spendy, but several others close by are really reasonable. Most people around here with California money seem to be able to purchase real estate quite nicely.
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Montana vs. Wyoming - 10/23/18
That looks really nice.

I've always kinda wanted to go back that direction on a road trip.

Okay now, here's a question.

Last time I was in WY was at least 11-12 years ago. We had to buy beer in a liquor store? Do I remember that correctly?

In MT you can buy beer in a gas station or grocery store.

Hell in CA you can buy hard alcohol in the grocery store, right?!
Posted By: Bristoe Re: Montana vs. Wyoming - 10/23/18
If I was looking to move to Kentucky, I'd probably look hard at Harrison County.

As with everywhere else,....a lot depends on how you make your living. If you want to live in the best parts of Kentucky,..(The Bluegrass region) you might have to get used to commuting if you want to stay out of Lexington. (you do,....it's a Communist cesspool)

The Northern section of the Bluegrass region is in commute distance to Cincinnati. The Southern region is in commute distance to Lexington.

There's also a couple of smaller towns in the Bluegrass region which offers some employment opportunity depending on what you do,....Paris, Richmond, and Frankfort.
Posted By: double_LUNG_em Re: Montana vs. Wyoming - 10/23/18
I was thinking of checking out western kentucky
Ya you can buy hard alcohol hop in Safeway. Not sure about Montana I don't drink anymore. Idaho you can buy beer from gas station but hard alcohol from the liquor store and some places you can't buy liquor on sundays
That's why I was thinking of Kentucky it's more affordable than Montana. How is the weather?
My point exactly Californians are viewed like people with the plague lol
Posted By: slumlord Re: Montana vs. Wyoming - 10/23/18
That's why I was thinking of Kentucky it's more affordable than Montana. How is the weather?

90s and humidity in summer

40-50s sometimes 60s in dead of winter, only about 6" of snow annually

Ky has drive-thru likker stores
Tn finally has wine in grocery stores. But who cares. Wine is for women and p hags
Posted By: slumlord Re: Montana vs. Wyoming - 10/23/18
Good deer and duck hunting in Ky

wedged between the cumberland, tennessee, ohio and mississississississippi rivers

You like catfishin? 😄
Posted By: Old_Toot Re: Montana vs. Wyoming - 10/23/18
Originally Posted by BobMt

this is still America, move where you want to......I wouldn't give 2 shtts what anyone thinks...…..also every state has their own home grown libs......bob

Truth. All of it.
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Montana vs. Wyoming - 10/23/18
Arkansas has some bargains.
Posted By: Old_Toot Re: Montana vs. Wyoming - 10/23/18
Arkansas has some bargains.

How about taxes there?

Probably would be small to one from California.
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Montana vs. Wyoming - 10/23/18
Mississippi?
I was thinking of checking out western kentucky

I grew up in Western Kentucky. I moved to the Bluegrass region in 75.

I've never felt like moving back.
Originally Posted by slumlord

90s and humidity in summer

40-50s sometimes 60s in dead of winter, only about 6" of snow annually

Ky has drive-thru likker stores
Tn finally has wine in grocery stores. But who cares. Wine is for women and p hags

No,...it get's colder than that. The dead of winter around here sees several days in the teens. The worst of it is usually over by the end of February. But March can be fairly harsh also.
Posted By: Just a Hunter Re: Montana vs. Wyoming - 10/23/18
When I saw the title I thought we were going to talk about football. I would say Wyoming would be better to live in these days. They are smart enough to elect Republicans. Not so much in MT.
Posted By: Hogwild7 Re: Montana vs. Wyoming - 10/23/18
Arkansas has probably the highest taxes in the south. Property tax is low though. I have visited WY and MT both a couple of times. The land looks better in MT the people were nice both places.
Posted By: Dave_Skinner Re: Montana vs. Wyoming - 10/23/18
Sit on that money first of all. Put it on something that grows well without too much risk.

Take yourself a couple of road trips, find something you like, but make sure you get a feel for the local economy. You're still young and will have to pay property taxes if you want to be a land baron. That requires a decent job.

Last step would be RENTING a decent place for a year and shopping real carefully for what you really want.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Montana vs. Wyoming - 10/23/18
Montana Vs Wyoming????? Again?

Buy a plane ticket....

[Linked Image]
Posted By: BOWSINGER Re: Montana vs. Wyoming - 10/23/18

Both states are easy look ups...
Posted By: double_LUNG_em Re: Montana vs. Wyoming - 11/03/18
I love cat fishing. Can you jug fish in kentucky
Posted By: double_LUNG_em Re: Montana vs. Wyoming - 11/03/18
I don't give a [bleep] if I bother you. I'm trying to get any info on those states before I spend my inheritance
Posted By: FatCity67 Re: Montana vs. Wyoming - 11/03/18
Originally Posted by SamOlson
That looks really nice.
Last time I was in WY was at least 11-12 years ago. We had to buy beer in a liquor store? Do I remember that correctly?

When I was hunting in Wyo last year I bought hard alcohol at the restaurant I was eating in. Waitress just brought it to my table and added it to my meal bill. Also bought beer at the Motel/Bar we'd come down the mountain to freshen up at. Its where all the Texans were staying because the pussys couldnt hack the few inches of snow up on the mountain.

Yes you can buy beer, wine and liquor in the same basket as your groceries.
Then pickup some fresh made togo Chinese on your way out the door.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: RMerta Re: Montana vs. Wyoming - 11/03/18
Yes you can jug fish in Kentucky.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Montana vs. Wyoming - 11/03/18
I don't give a [bleep] if I bother you. I'm trying to get any info on those states before I spend my inheritance

Wyoming. Definitely Wyoming.

The duck lay golden eggs in Wyoming.

There. You have you information. No sense checking for your self. Good luck.
Posted By: jnyork Re: Montana vs. Wyoming - 11/03/18
If you buy property in Montana it is certain to appreciate in value due to all the rich Californians moving in there, soon they will have all the land and the price of any available real estate at all will soar.

Wyoming is a very poor state and will always remain so, no opportunity here at all.
Awwww....yer funnin us!

It dont matter much anyway.

This guy is going to listen to a bunch of random jackwagons....some well meaning jackwagons too.....and blow his roll on some property with out doing the leg work.
Posted By: jnyork Re: Montana vs. Wyoming - 11/03/18
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Awwww....yer funnin us!

It dont matter much anyway.

This guy is going to listen to a bunch of random jackwagons....some well meaning jackwagons too.....and blow his roll on some property with out doing the leg work.

Yeah, Jim, just yanking the ol' chain a little, all in fun. grin

The poor guy needs to take a year off and go spend some time in several places and pick one based on what he sees, not depending on a bunch of yoyo's on the internet for solid information.
Yes sir!

But before he asks.......We drive on the right here in Montana.

They drive on both sides in Wyoming. Mainly because of drive through liquor stores.
Originally Posted by SamOlson
That looks really nice.

That is pretty much correct Sam, and was more so years ago, Nowadays, many grocery stores, and convenience stores have a liquor room. You just have to open and step through a door. Some of them have a separate register in there ( I think they all did at one time), but most convenience stores that have booze now, you just get it from a glass room with a 21 and over only sign on the door, and take it back out to the front register. There is one in my town where the store clerk can face North and deal with gas and candy and such, or from the same spot, same register face, South and ring you up in the booze room for your gas and candy and booze too if you are 21 and can go to that side, but if you're on the other side of the counter, main room, they won't ring you up till you step into the liquor side for booze. So there must be different rules for their liquor licenses, or maybe it's that that one is in city limits, and my town has funky statutes, IDK? Still kinda like going to a liquor store, but not going far to it, lol. And you can get hard alcohol at grocery stores and convenience stores here, or at least at the one that have liquor stores built into them.
As to the original OP, I'll tell you the truth kid, I lived in both of these states. Only for a couple of years near Shelby in MT, but more than 50 several places in WY, and most transplants who come out here don't last too long, especially the young ones. Hell we have a hard time keeping our own kids here when they grow up. Sure the weather can get extreme, -50⁰ and 50mph sideways snow is part of it, but I think the biggest part is culture shock for the metropolis kids. What do you think of a little town that may have one fair like event a year? and that may be your only concert that year without driving hundreds of miles to go see another, or drive then fly. Could you go all year waiting to see a Vince Gill, or Dirt Band concert? The economy is pretty much boom or bust, lots of money when a barrel of oil is high or coal is high, but maybe none a few years later when those prices go down, and those towns that just doubled in population dry up. It happens over and over and has for decades, and that money affects everyone, even people who never worked at the mines or oil fields. Teachers, stores, linemen, even cops are reduced when oil and coal go down .How about a town that has a dozen nice women you'd like to date, that are all married but another dozen fat ones that aren't, do you wait for one of the nice ones to get divorced or? How about a town that has two bars and the same half dozen drunks who's stories you've already heard many times sitting in them chatting up one of those fat girls you were trying to avoid. Yeah there might be some elk about, but the way of life out here is like nothing you've ever dealt with before. You might want to practice up on some Far Cry 5 before you consider moving here.
Posted By: BALLISTIK Re: Montana vs. Wyoming - 11/04/18

The point of the matter is we don't give a fack about your $$$ shove it up your cornhole you simple dick moothafucka, and learn about the regions you want to live in, and then acquiescence to them... it's like moving to a new country, figure out the local customs and then don't piss off the locals to where they have to hang your ass after church...simple enough you dumbfuck, rich C(_)NT..?
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Montana vs. Wyoming - 11/04/18
Originally Posted by BALLISTIK

The point of the matter is we don't give a fack about your $$$ shove it up your cornhole you simple dick moothafucka, and learn about the regions you want to live in, and then acquiescence to them... it's like moving to a new country, figure out the local customs and then don't piss off the locals to where they have to hang your ass after church...simple enough you dumbfuck, rich C(_)NT..?

cambo420,
I don't live in any of the places you're researching. But, best I can recommend is do what it appears you're trying to do, which is get as much information as you can from as many different sources as you can. First hand knowledge is always good, and the best comes from decent people, 'cause that's who you'd like as neighbors. Right?

And, by all means, ignore the dumb fugk jealous cock'suckers like this one above. Jealousy is a very powerful human emotion. It could go all the way back to big brother getting more time on Mommy's teet. Not your problem. He has zero to offer you.

Best of luck!
Posted By: BluMtn Re: Montana vs. Wyoming - 11/04/18

Like has been alluded to, most folks in the west don't want any more folks moving in. Too many people is simply changing the character of those places, their homes. Regardless of your intentions, you could try Washington.

Yes, come to Washington. I have a house I will sell you, then I will move to Montana.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Montana vs. Wyoming - 11/04/18
Hahaha!

Thats the spirit.
Posted By: Salmonella Re: Montana vs. Wyoming - 11/04/18
Use City Data webpage to help answer your questions.
Tons of info on just about any questions regarding relocation to any state...

http://www.city-data.com/forum/montana/385054-montana-better-place-live-than-wyoming-2.html
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Montana vs. Wyoming - 11/04/18
Crazy!

Never seen a site like that before.
Posted By: Fubarski Re: Montana vs. Wyoming - 11/04/18
Here's a better site for Mr. Cambodian blend:

http://www.stonerdays.com/top-10-stoner-cities-in-america/
Posted By: shrapnel Re: Montana vs. Wyoming - 11/04/18

This is what it has become, a game to beat the system and take advantage of a loophole to get a better chance to kill trophies. Here is a costly attempt at cheating by a hunter that used to live in Montana, but moved to Arizona and tried to beat the odds to hunt in Utah. Looks like Larry won’t be hunting anytime soon, I hope it was worth it...

https://www.sltrib.com/news/2018/01...s-for-poaching-a-desert-bighorn-in-utah/
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Montana vs. Wyoming - 11/04/18
Originally Posted by shrapnel

This is what it has become, a game to beat the system and take advantage of a loophole to get a better chance to kill trophies. Here is a costly attempt at cheating by a hunter that used to live in Montana, but moved to Arizona and tried to beat the odds to hunt in Utah. Looks like Larry won’t be hunting anytime soon, I hope it was worth it...

https://www.sltrib.com/news/2018/01...s-for-poaching-a-desert-bighorn-in-utah/

Wow. Clearly a fraud case. Hope that ram was worth it, but doubt it.
Posted By: FatCity67 Re: Montana vs. Wyoming - 11/04/18
Originally Posted by Salmonella
Use City Data webpage to help answer your questions.
Tons of info on just about any questions regarding relocation to any state...
http://www.city-data.com/forum/montana/385054-montana-better-place-live-than-wyoming-2.html

Got my ass banned from that site a few years back. Bulldogdad.
Posted By: VarmintGuy Re: Montana vs. Wyoming - 11/04/18
Cambo0420: Let me begin by saying I absolutely LOVE Wyoming!
I have Hunted big game and Varmints there, and fished there since 1969.
I know the state real well.
Its wonderful with all caps!
WONDERFUL.
But it can't compete "all around" lifestyle wise and diversity and duration of of big game, Varmint, predator waterfowl and upland game seasons/opportunities for Montana residents.
Plus the taxes and license/permit fees are VERY low for Montana residents!
Wyoming is just to small as well.
Good luck to you with whichever you choose - and remember "420" is frowned upon by most Montanans!
If you do decide to "invade" Montana loose the kalifornicationkopia license plates INSTANTLY, and lie to anyone who asks where you came from!
YOU... only live once - and I admire you for being smart enough and brave enough to leave kalifornicationkopia.
LIFE... is just to short to put up with the horror that kalifornicationkopia has become.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Posted By: WyColoCowboy Re: Montana vs. Wyoming - 11/05/18
Montana is getting Californicated faster than Wyoming. I suspect it's the wind.
Posted By: Cntrmass Re: Montana vs. Wyoming - 11/05/18
+1

STAY IN CALIFORNIA.

STAY IN CALIFORNIA.
Posted By: 280shooter Re: Montana vs. Wyoming - 11/05/18
I wish I could afford to move to Texas. (hint)
© 24hourcampfire