Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by cambo0420
I was thinking of checking out western kentucky

I grew up in Western Kentucky. I moved to the Bluegrass region in 75.

I've never felt like moving back.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by slumlord
That's why I was thinking of Kentucky it's more affordable than Montana. How is the weather?

90s and humidity in summer

40-50s sometimes 60s in dead of winter, only about 6" of snow annually

Ky has drive-thru likker stores
Tn finally has wine in grocery stores. But who cares. Wine is for women and p hags

No,...it get's colder than that. The dead of winter around here sees several days in the teens. The worst of it is usually over by the end of February. But March can be fairly harsh also.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
When I saw the title I thought we were going to talk about football. I would say Wyoming would be better to live in these days. They are smart enough to elect Republicans. Not so much in MT.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Arkansas has probably the highest taxes in the south. Property tax is low though. I have visited WY and MT both a couple of times. The land looks better in MT the people were nice both places.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sit on that money first of all. Put it on something that grows well without too much risk.

Take yourself a couple of road trips, find something you like, but make sure you get a feel for the local economy. You're still young and will have to pay property taxes if you want to be a land baron. That requires a decent job.

Last step would be RENTING a decent place for a year and shopping real carefully for what you really want.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
IC B2

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Montana Vs Wyoming????? Again?

Buy a plane ticket....

[Linked Image]

I am MAGA.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
When I'm going to be spending quite a bit of money I want all the information possible before I spend my life's savings and inheritance. So if you don't like reading my posts than don't read them

Both states are easy look ups...

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

D
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
D
I love cat fishing. Can you jug fish in kentucky

D
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
D
I don't give a [bleep] if I bother you. I'm trying to get any info on those states before I spend my inheritance

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SamOlson
That looks really nice.
I've always kinda wanted to go back that direction on a road trip.
Okay now, here's a question.
Last time I was in WY was at least 11-12 years ago. We had to buy beer in a liquor store? Do I remember that correctly?
In MT you can buy beer in a gas station or grocery store.
Hell in CA you can buy hard alcohol in the grocery store, right?!

When I was hunting in Wyo last year I bought hard alcohol at the restaurant I was eating in. Waitress just brought it to my table and added it to my meal bill. Also bought beer at the Motel/Bar we'd come down the mountain to freshen up at. Its where all the Texans were staying because the pussys couldnt hack the few inches of snow up on the mountain.

Yes you can buy beer, wine and liquor in the same basket as your groceries.
Then pickup some fresh made togo Chinese on your way out the door.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Yes you can jug fish in Kentucky.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
I don't give a [bleep] if I bother you. I'm trying to get any info on those states before I spend my inheritance

Wyoming. Definitely Wyoming.

The duck lay golden eggs in Wyoming.

There. You have you information. No sense checking for your self. Good luck.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If you buy property in Montana it is certain to appreciate in value due to all the rich Californians moving in there, soon they will have all the land and the price of any available real estate at all will soar.

Wyoming is a very poor state and will always remain so, no opportunity here at all.

[Linked Image]
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Awwww....yer funnin us!

It dont matter much anyway.

This guy is going to listen to a bunch of random jackwagons....some well meaning jackwagons too.....and blow his roll on some property with out doing the leg work.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Awwww....yer funnin us!

It dont matter much anyway.

This guy is going to listen to a bunch of random jackwagons....some well meaning jackwagons too.....and blow his roll on some property with out doing the leg work.

Yeah, Jim, just yanking the ol' chain a little, all in fun. grin

The poor guy needs to take a year off and go spend some time in several places and pick one based on what he sees, not depending on a bunch of yoyo's on the internet for solid information.

[Linked Image]
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Yes sir!

But before he asks.......We drive on the right here in Montana.

They drive on both sides in Wyoming. Mainly because of drive through liquor stores.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by SamOlson
That looks really nice.

I've always kinda wanted to go back that direction on a road trip.

Okay now, here's a question.

Last time I was in WY was at least 11-12 years ago. We had to buy beer in a liquor store? Do I remember that correctly?

In MT you can buy beer in a gas station or grocery store.

Hell in CA you can buy hard alcohol in the grocery store, right?!

That is pretty much correct Sam, and was more so years ago, Nowadays, many grocery stores, and convenience stores have a liquor room. You just have to open and step through a door. Some of them have a separate register in there ( I think they all did at one time), but most convenience stores that have booze now, you just get it from a glass room with a 21 and over only sign on the door, and take it back out to the front register. There is one in my town where the store clerk can face North and deal with gas and candy and such, or from the same spot, same register face, South and ring you up in the booze room for your gas and candy and booze too if you are 21 and can go to that side, but if you're on the other side of the counter, main room, they won't ring you up till you step into the liquor side for booze. So there must be different rules for their liquor licenses, or maybe it's that that one is in city limits, and my town has funky statutes, IDK? Still kinda like going to a liquor store, but not going far to it, lol. And you can get hard alcohol at grocery stores and convenience stores here, or at least at the one that have liquor stores built into them.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
As to the original OP, I'll tell you the truth kid, I lived in both of these states. Only for a couple of years near Shelby in MT, but more than 50 several places in WY, and most transplants who come out here don't last too long, especially the young ones. Hell we have a hard time keeping our own kids here when they grow up. Sure the weather can get extreme, -50⁰ and 50mph sideways snow is part of it, but I think the biggest part is culture shock for the metropolis kids. What do you think of a little town that may have one fair like event a year? and that may be your only concert that year without driving hundreds of miles to go see another, or drive then fly. Could you go all year waiting to see a Vince Gill, or Dirt Band concert? The economy is pretty much boom or bust, lots of money when a barrel of oil is high or coal is high, but maybe none a few years later when those prices go down, and those towns that just doubled in population dry up. It happens over and over and has for decades, and that money affects everyone, even people who never worked at the mines or oil fields. Teachers, stores, linemen, even cops are reduced when oil and coal go down .How about a town that has a dozen nice women you'd like to date, that are all married but another dozen fat ones that aren't, do you wait for one of the nice ones to get divorced or? How about a town that has two bars and the same half dozen drunks who's stories you've already heard many times sitting in them chatting up one of those fat girls you were trying to avoid. Yeah there might be some elk about, but the way of life out here is like nothing you've ever dealt with before. You might want to practice up on some Far Cry 5 before you consider moving here.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

The point of the matter is we don't give a fack about your $$$ shove it up your cornhole you simple dick moothafucka, and learn about the regions you want to live in, and then acquiescence to them... it's like moving to a new country, figure out the local customs and then don't piss off the locals to where they have to hang your ass after church...simple enough you dumbfuck, rich C(_)NT..?

"Social order at the expense of Liberty is hardly a bargain” de Sade
"He who'll not reason is a Bigot, he who cannot is a Fool, and he who dares not is a Slave."SirWilliamDrummond
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BALLISTIK

The point of the matter is we don't give a fack about your $$$ shove it up your cornhole you simple dick moothafucka, and learn about the regions you want to live in, and then acquiescence to them... it's like moving to a new country, figure out the local customs and then don't piss off the locals to where they have to hang your ass after church...simple enough you dumbfuck, rich C(_)NT..?

cambo420,
I don't live in any of the places you're researching. But, best I can recommend is do what it appears you're trying to do, which is get as much information as you can from as many different sources as you can. First hand knowledge is always good, and the best comes from decent people, 'cause that's who you'd like as neighbors. Right?

And, by all means, ignore the dumb fugk jealous cock'suckers like this one above. Jealousy is a very powerful human emotion. It could go all the way back to big brother getting more time on Mommy's teet. Not your problem. He has zero to offer you.

Best of luck!

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

136 members (Angus55, 160user, 257 roberts, alwaysoutdoors, 35, 10ring1, 14 invisible), 1,523 guests, and 897 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,209
Posts18,503,892
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.