Home
https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/g...vice-members-transition-to-civilian-life

I've switched to an old school safety razor.... looks like it's going to cost maybe 10.00 a year in Feather replacement blades..... Ha ha.
I ordered my first batch of Dollar shave club products. So far I like them. Gillett can go nuzzle all the leftist wanker they can stand.
LOL...

They donated $2.5M in products to military families. That's probably about $150k in real dollars.

Too little too late after the smear campaign on men.

It takes awhile for those sales drops to show up. Might be 6 months or more... But they will show up.

Benchmade will get their sales orders in a while too. Bet they have enough stock in the warehouse to last awhile... grin
Why the heck dont they just sell their products on the basis of the products attributes. Good grief. This kind of crap is getting boring.
I switched to a safety razor a few years ago. I really like it.
pick one : https://wahlusa.com/ , shaving is liberal ,trimming is the way to go
I have used Gillette Mach 3 razors for many years with no complaints.

Just yesterday I went out of my way to purchase a competing brand. Screw Gillette. That condescending, finger wagging anti male commercial pissed me off.
I know I'm just a little drop in the ocean, but I'll never buy Gillette again.
HARRY"S......been using em for two years and now they are in Wal-Mart.......
Too late for Gillett.
What manager thinks it's a wise idea to piss off any portion of your customer base?

Idiots.
I also went to Harry's. Only a month now, but so far, I'm very happy. I'm still using the first "trial" blade and have already received my first automatic refill. (One issue: the refill was supposed to be five blades, for which I was charged - only got four. If the next shipment is short, I'll complain.)
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
I also went to Harry's. Only a month now, but so far, I'm very happy. I'm still using the first "trial" blade and have already received my first automatic refill. (One issue: the refill was supposed to be five blades, for which I was charged - only got four. If the next shipment is short, I'll complain.)

They counted your "Trial Blade"... laugh
I've been putting more effort and time into shaving..... bought a shower mirror tried the CREMO shave cream Rocky suggested... that was hard to rinse out of the razor so I'm now using Barbasol which also works great. Sometimes I'll zap a wet towel in the microwave and (carefully) drape that over my face for 30 or so seconds before I shave. I thought about really going retro with a straight razor but I don't get my hunting and kitchen knives as sharp as I'd like them to be ….. so didn't go there.

Every morning shave now is a reminder to take a stand against the SJW / identity politics crap being thrown at us.
Gillette............the Benchmade of razors.
Bought an old fashioned safety razor and a box of Derby blades five years ago. Still have probably 30 blades left. When I go to the store and see what they want for their fancy blades, I just have to shake my head and wonder what fool pays that kind of money for razor blades?
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
What manager thinks it's a wise idea to piss off any portion of your customer base?

Idiots.

They just can't help themselves. Like bat-crap-crazy celebrities, they think most people agree with them on the various issues, and will blubber and wail like little bitches when it ends up costing them real dollars. A fair number of outspoken celebs have fallen off the radar for the most part, whether because they're laying low for a time, or have become unmarketable, no one will likely ever know.

If we ever go Communist, Gillette will be the only brand on the shelf, the reward for their loyaty to,the cause.
Been using Gillette for probably 25 years. 100% done with them now. Just another to add to the list.
Originally Posted by VernAK

This.....for about the same time period...buh bye gillett
Gillette can cater to the those left-wing, liberal men hating snowflake crowd all they want. I have a few Mach 5 blades left. When they are used up, it's on to Schick or some other blade for me. PISS ON UM [
Harry’s for me the last couple years. Not going back to Gillette.
Harrys is kinda big, but still usable.
Can go faster without getting shredded.
i have razors dating back to the 1800's including my grandfather's straight razor. I bought another one on amazon a few years ago.
after a lifetime of shaving, i kind of said i don't want to do it any more. my wife trims the beard, and i shave the neck about once a month.
basically i don't care any more.
2ndwind, regarding Cremo - you may have been using too much. Squeeze out a "worm" only about an inch long. Dab a tiny bit on each cheek and under your chin. When you massage it in, you should be able to see through the cream film easily. That's plenty. If you're used to foams where it has to be a thick layer, you will balk at how little Cremo is needed. Less is better with Cremo.

I like the Harry's handle a lot better than my old Mach 3. It's bulk allows a much more precise grip, and its rubbery texture makes for a very secure hold. I did have to learn to not press too hard - those Harry's blades are REALLY sharp and if I allow my skin to buckle even a little, that's an instant bleeder. Just glide it over your skin; let the blades do the work. They will.

Harry's + Cremo = one really nice shave.
+1 on Cremo- some of you might remember me starting a thread on it after some other male product thread - deodorant or sump'n, . I commented I had moved to Schick from Gillette (just before this dust up) and felt Shick was a better blade, though Gillette might have had a more maneuverable stick..

Looks like I might have to try Harry's. So- anyone know if Harry's is better than dollar shave club or ? ? ?
Yes I saw these yesterday, do you like them?
Originally Posted by 2ndwind

I've switched to an old school safety razor.... looks like it's going to cost maybe 10.00 a year in Feather replacement blades..... Ha ha.

I switched to a safety razor too around the same time the gillette commercial came out, it wasn't in response to the commercial though. I never used gillette to begin with, they were always too expensive.

I started with some Dorco blades because folks said the Feathers were so sharp you'd get a lot of nicks. I bought some feathers the other day and tried them, no nicks at all and they are super sharp. I'm definitely sticking with them. I got a badger hair brush and brought some shaving soap and old school cream back from England on my last trip over there. You can buy them in the Boots drug store for a fraction of what they cost in the U.S. Old school shaving soap and creams are a niche over here so the markup is huge, good shaving soap or cream is a couple of bucks over there.
Cremo here as well. Good tip on the amount to use.
I cremo-ed on my last Gillette yesterday.
All i ever used was wilkinson sword razore and a badger hair brush. Works great.
Just joined Dollar Shave Club.

Guess I'll see how those are.

Got the starter kit for $5.

Been using Harry's for a couple years, good stuff and they last.
I thought men had beards. Haven't shaved since I finished my military service 16 months ago. Or got a haircut.

Originally Posted by Kodiakisland
I thought men had beards. Haven't shaved since I finished my military service 16 months ago. Or got a haircut.

I guess I’m not a man. I made it 13 days into my military retirement not shaving. I shave once a week now. I have 4 Gillette blades left, and those will last until July. I have a safety razor and Harry’s at home. I’ve done Dollar Shave lib, and didn’t like them. I guess I’ll go Schick if need to.
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland

Ha, that sounds like my son in law
Harrys, or Shave club or Shick - after the shave, rinse well and leave it in a cup of water until the next time. It more than doubles blade life.

In the shower, use dial bar soap on face and leave a good soapy layer on to shave.
Boycotting the brand doesn't make much sense, how about the company that owns Gillette?

As of 2015, Procter & Gamble stated it owned the following brands..

Always menstrual hygiene products(this ones gotta be a heart breaker for some of you guys)
Ariel laundry detergent
Bounty paper towels, sold in the United States and Canada
Charmin bathroom tissue and moist towelettes
Crest toothpaste
Dawn dishwashing
Downy fabric softener and dryer sheets
Fairy washing up liquid
Febreze odor eliminator
Gain laundry detergents, liquid fabric softener, dryer sheets and dish washing liquid
Gillette razors, shaving soap, shaving cream, body wash, shampoo, deodorant and anti-perspirant
Head & Shoulders shampoo
Olay personal and beauty products
Oral-B inter-dental products
Pampers & Pampers Kandoo disposable diapers and moist towelettes. The 2014 Financial Report lists Pampers as Procter & Gamble's largest brand.
Pantene haircare products
SK-II beauty products
Tide laundry detergents and products
Vicks cough and cold products
That's the problem these days big holding companies own lots of different name brand companies. It's hard to figure out who to shoot at when one of them goes rogue. eventually all of them will. I quit using shave cream or soap since boot camp in 69. I just use a bar of Dove soap. I won't buy Gillette any more.
I ain't giving up my Mach III. But Wal-Mart sells generic blades for less than Gillette's and I still get eight to ten weeks of shaves at three/week.
Originally Posted by JeffA
Boycotting the brand doesn't make much sense, how about the company that owns Gillette?

My 'boycotts' aren't that complicated - I just stop using a product because I don't want it around. I suppose if enough folks do the same the company will take note, but that's beyond me.
Each of those products have a brand or product manager. So yes if a boycott impacts a specific product someones azz is on the carpet. Doesnt mean the company will change but just because they are part of a bigger picture doesnt mean someone wont notice or be effected by a boycott. Assuming a boycott is noticably effecting sales. They already are aware of negative comments from social media. But I dont expect much.
On the Cremo- love the stuff but skip the one labeled 'skin clearing' . Wife stuck a tube of that in my Christmas stocking so I been using it. Doesn't feel up to snuff as the line up of originals.
Someone pointed out that Procter and Gamble is the overlord for Gillett... we will be phasing out Dawn dish soap and Tide laundry detergent too..... more of their products as I remember to read labels….

I wanted to comment on how much I'm enjoying going old school safety razor... I think I paid 38.00 for mine and it has great "haft" a substantial feel to it and I'm sure it will outlast me. The Feather razor blades are just stupid sharp and cheap.... I think I paid 10.00 for 50 of them. I change them once a week. With the Gillett Fusion blades I was much slower to change them out because they are crazy expensive.

I shave most every day and am taking extra time to do a good job of it... a small daily tribute to the traditional values I hold dear. IMO the metrosexuals don't have a clue about what is important and valuable in life....
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
i have razors dating back to the 1800's including my grandfather's straight razor. I bought another one on amazon a few years ago.
after a lifetime of shaving, i kind of said i don't want to do it any more. my wife trims the beard, and i shave the neck about once a month.
basically i don't care any more.

This ^^. After shaving for 50 years I gave up and I'm letting it grow. It drives my wife up a tree but I don't care enough to do anything about it.

kwg
Gillette is after a different market than in the past. I guess the think us straight conservatives will not care. It's all about the money.

I have been using Gillette razors for a long time. I am going to give up on them for their stupid ass campaign. I tried Harry's and hate them. There is too much space between the top of the head and the first blade. I cannot get the hairs at the base of my nose. Beyond that, they don't glide as smoothly across my face or shave a closely as a 2-3 blade razor from Gillette or Schick. I need to find a quality 2 blade razor not made by Gillette.
They can go hug a big hairy bubba as far as I'm concerned. Their true nature has been let out of the bag and won't got back in. They can make all their money from now on from their chest and ball shaving homo buddies.....just not me.
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Gillette is after a different market than in the past. I guess the think us straight conservatives will not care. It's all about the money.

They don't care if we care.
The way it was.
© 24hourcampfire