Home
Just got a slightly used (burned once) EdT 12" cylinder stove with 5' pipe. I think I've gotten everything figured out on assembly, except the damper/spark arrestor system.

No instructions with the stove, of course.

Anyone have good pics of one in use, or videos, or even better, a digital copy of the instructions they could share?
[Linked Image]

Best I have handy on my phone. I'm sure Ed will be along shortly. If not I'm sure I've got the instructions somewhere I can copy and mail.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
EdT hooked me up with the instructions. The stove really is just that intuitive.

Now, to add some use pics of my own soon.
Worth its weight in gold!

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by 4ager
Just got a slightly used (burned once) EdT 12" cylinder stove with 5' pipe. I think I've gotten everything figured out on assembly, except the damper/spark arrestor system.

Anyone have good pics of one in use, or videos, or even better, a digital copy of the instructions they could share?

If you need instructions on this stove assembly you got bigger problems in your daily life.

Easy to assemble which explains how simple it is to build.
Really like my ED T stove. Been using a 16" for 3 years now. Goes together fast, and burns wood. What more could a guy want? Would buy another in a second!

Here is a few pics:

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by FAIR_CHASE

If you need instructions on this stove assembly you got bigger problems in your daily life.

Easy to assemble which explains how simple it is to build.

Ever hear of making sure on something there, jackass? Yes, it's pretty damned intuitive, and yes, I managed to assemble it correctly without the instructions. Verification is never a bad thing, and that's why I don't have big problems in my daily life.
I'd send Ed an email or PM and I'm sure you will hear back
AL, great pics man!

That's a nifty little stove Ed designed!
I've had mine for 4-5 years now. When the weather gets ugly, like the 3 straight days this solo spring bear trip, it makes me very, very happy. smile This trip I used a SO LBO, my all time favourite shelter. [Linked Image]
This was another, more pleasant weathered, spring bear trip. The shelter is a older SO BCS.[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Awesome!

Headed out with the LBO and the EdT stove for some later deer and bear chasing come Monday.
Good luck!

I am in freaking love with the LBO!
Thanks!

Heading into a wilderness area I haven't been to in a good, long time more for some field time and some scouting for next year than anything else. Of course, if I happen to see a deer or a bear, well... wink

Maiden run with the LBO, but from backyard set ups, I'm thinking I'm going to like it quite a bit.
I've only used mine on 1 trip so far. Here are a couple good and bad things that I found.

the bad:
its not an airtight stove. If you turn the damper more than 45 degrees, it will smoke. So, it can't be dampered way down to hold the wood any length of time.
The door handle is in the center of the door which makes it hard to open and close with 1 hand. I suggested to Ed that he raise it and he said he'd look into it.

the good
Ed's customer service is excellent. I lost a couple parts and he had replacements in the mail to me the same day I notified him.
After burning it once to 'set' the metal, it's far easier to set up than the initial setup.
The 16" stove nicely heats my 10x10 wall tent.
does it grill?
You can set a pan on it for cooking. I haven't tried it, though.
I've boiled water and fried stuff on it. It works, but if weather permits, a campfire works better. IMO/E.
good answers. keep trying though...
i want a grill
Here comes the sales pitch.
A grill is a grating over an open flame. You want that inside a tent? If it's for outside use, you can find any number of lightweight grills for use over a fire.

[Linked Image]

Ha! Cause his drunken ravings and insults are such an effective sales tool... Sorry don't mean to wreck your thread, but I've no patience for his antics anymore.

Again, best of luck next week, 4ager. Picures would be nice... wink Enjoy!
I'll try with the pics and you're not "wrecking" a thing.

Had I not run across a good deal on this EdT stove, I'd most likely have gone with the HPG "Shepherd's Stove".

Maybe one day when/if I need a tipi that warrants a bigger stove.
Originally Posted by Wrongside

Ha! Cause his drunken ravings and insults are such an effective sales tool... Sorry don't mean to wreck your thread, but I've no patience for his antics anymore.

Again, best of luck next week, 4ager. Picures would be nice... wink Enjoy!

haven't touched a drop in 5 months

shot down in flames eek
You've got an interesting design.

Put one or two in the hands of guys who will use them hard in long field conditions for a while and report back their unvarnished opinions.

EdT's stuff has been used for a long time and stood up well. If you want yours to have that reputation, it has to earn it.
i appreciate that...,
it's not easy putting a new idea out there and getting folks to switch from their old ways is nearly impossible. ask me how i know....
Understood. Good luck, as it is an interesting design.

Find someone who has the reputation and the chops to put it through it's paces, offer one to them gratis, and then accept their unvarnished feedback (even better if published online with no punches pulled).

"Good schit sells itself", so let it and stop trying so hard to pitch it yourself.
just for the record.... who came up with this cylinder stove first? Dj or Ed.....

i've never heard the full story, but i do love the cylinder stove. it is a brilliant design....
Don't know who DJ is but Ed's been making them for a pretty danged long time.
DJ of Titanium Goat.
he is a personal friend of mine....
Ask DJ, then. I suspect he and Ed know each other. I doubt either cares much one way or the other, though, whichever way it is.
No grill but bakes some pretty good cinnamon rolls.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

And the fajitas aren't bad either.

[Linked Image]
© 24hourcampfire