Home
Posted By: moosemike Canik? - 05/01/23
I'm buying a Canik 9mm off of my stepson for a good price because he doesn't use it and no longer wants it. It comes with a Holosight of some kind. Are these any good? All I know is they're made in Turkey
Posted By: blairvt Re: Canik? - 05/01/23
I have a Canik CZ 75 clone. Been completely reliable and as accurate as I am.
Posted By: TC1 Re: Canik? - 05/01/23
Yes, I have a TP9SFX that's reliable and extremely accurate. They have a pre-cooked strikerfire trigger thats pretty good and a trigger job is a simple affair if you want better. The the slide to frame fit is a little loose on mine but it doesn't affect accuracy or reliability. IMO, great pistol at a good price. Canik's do have a "hood" gun reputation but they are great pistols.
Posted By: moosemike Re: Canik? - 05/01/23
Sounds encouraging. Thanks
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: Canik? - 05/01/23
Originally Posted by moosemike
I'm buying a Canik 9mm off of my stepson for a good price because he doesn't use it and no longer wants it. It comes with a Holosight of some kind. Are these any good? All I know is they're made in Turkey
Yes, they have an excellent reputation among those who know. A friend allowed me to shoot his, and I liked it, although the trigger wasn't very Glock like, so it took a little getting used to. It's a bit light and mushy, to me. But you can get used to it easily, and they are well made and reliable.
Thanks. Made in Turkey makes me nervous but these sound decent
Posted By: crittrgittr Re: Canik? - 05/01/23
I have a buddy that bought one about a month ago and after about 200 rounds down the pipe started having problems with the slide going into battery .Needless to say they are sending him a full refund, apparently they know about this problem. His was the Mete mc9
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: Canik? - 05/01/23
Thanks. Made in Turkey makes me nervous but these sound decent
Built in Turkey to very high standards for military and police contracts in Turkey.
Posted By: Redhill Re: Canik? - 05/01/23
I think that the Canik line is a great value. You get a lotta gun for the bucks, and that is a choke point for some hard core purists. I have some Caniks and find them to be, as stated above, accurate, reliable, easy to shoot, very good triggers, and well made.

There are some howevers, the barrel does have a tight set of specs on it and it can choke on reloads that are not very very well made and that barrel can also struggle with some of the 147g slugs. The length of the ammo could be a concern and if the 147g bullets that are long ones, can be an issue if that is your favorite flavor of 9mm ammo.

Would I buy another Canik if it fit into my master plan of firearm needs ? Absolutely yes. There is an alure to a shiny super blued $3,000 1911 which is very understandable. And for others there is a need for a functioning, affordable, great value in a 9mm handgun. Different needs and wants and both are OK.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Canik? - 05/01/23
Lots of recent positive reviews on YouTube, and it seems the competition models are well, very competitive.
Good to know as I am a 147 guy when it comes to the 9mm
Posted By: Crash_Pad Re: Canik? - 05/01/23
My Tristar T-120, made by Canik, is the most accurate pistol I ever owned. The finish is superior to CZ. No decocker is one minor objection. I got to shoot the lead in striker model TP ?? that first arrived over here. It was quite accurate too and the trigger was superb. That particular one jammed on every brand of ammo offered, some of it quite cheap indeed, but not all. Good company. Good guns. Turkey is a NATO ally, ya know. That should allay all patriotic suspicions. We're in this together!
Posted By: ldholton Re: Canik? - 05/02/23
I have four Canik's, 3tp 9 series - 1 c100 CZ 75 compact copy.
I would put any of them up against the other handgun for reliability. I have never had any ammo sensitivity with any and I've hand loaded literally thousands of rounds and shot through all of them 147 is my preferred bullet no issues at all....
Posted By: Slavek Re: Canik? - 05/02/23
Erdogan survived a coup. Remember when rebels took refuge at 🇺🇸 base. The Turkish military surrendered the base, cut off electricity and revolutionaries were quickly handed over? Later when Erdogan was in Warshington Turkish security kicked àsses of opposition protesters and left w/o facing appropriate consequences? Canik, Tisas,.... 💪
Posted By: cra1948 Re: Canik? - 05/02/23
One of my sons got one early on, when they were practically giving them away. I think was the novelty of a gun so cheap. I think his original plan was just something for my grandsons to burn ammo with out back, but he was amazed when the kids couldn’t break it or get it to malfunction. Soon he bought two more, just because. He’s been very pleased with them and has them in the ccw rotation regularly.
Posted By: moosemike Re: Canik? - 05/02/23
Originally Posted by Redhill
I think that the Canik line is a great value. You get a lotta gun for the bucks, and that is a choke point for some hard core purists. I have some Caniks and find them to be, as stated above, accurate, reliable, easy to shoot, very good triggers, and well made.

There are some howevers, the barrel does have a tight set of specs on it and it can choke on reloads that are not very very well made and that barrel can also struggle with some of the 147g slugs. The length of the ammo could be a concern and if the 147g bullets that are long ones, can be an issue if that is your favorite flavor of 9mm ammo.

Would I buy another Canik if it fit into my master plan of firearm needs ? Absolutely yes. There is an alure to a shiny super blued $3,000 1911 which is very understandable. And for others there is a need for a functioning, affordable, great value in a 9mm handgun. Different needs and wants and both are OK.
Yup. It didn't like my 147's. You were right. 115's it is
Posted By: ldholton Re: Canik? - 05/03/23

interesting what kind of 147s did that not like? I've shot literally thousands in different ones with no issue. mine are all hand loads powder coated lead bullets..
and then I shoot some 147 xtps...
now to make the 147 powder coated bullets work through a Glock magazine in an ar9 I actually had to see them slightly deeper.. but they still ran just fine in the Caniks
Posted By: moosemike Re: Canik? - 05/03/23
American Eagle 147's. It hung up three times trying to get through one magazine. I then tried 135 Critical Defense and it loved those
American Eagle 147's. It hung up three times trying to get through one magazine. I then tried 135 Critical Defense and it loved those
that would make sense 135 critical defense should be the same nose profile and design is the 147 hollow points I've shot..
Posted By: Etoh Re: Canik? - 05/03/23
Have the comp with a dot sight, and Elite. As with all striker fired they can fire if not in full lock up. (reloads-why Glock doesn't like reloads). the Comp is really fast (in the IPSC sense) has a Holosun Dot.

If you do have a kaboom, ejector and the striker block, replacement parts are nonexistent.-- Soooooo buy 2 of them.
Originally Posted by Etoh
Have the comp with a dot sight, and Elite. As with all striker fired they can fire if not in full lock up. (reloads-why Glock doesn't like reloads). the Comp is really fast (in the IPSC sense) has a Holosun Dot.

If you do have a kaboom, ejector and the striker block, replacement parts are nonexistent.-- Soooooo buy 2 of them.
I don't know that I would say parts are non-existent. they may not be as readily available here yet as they will be. just watching a video on about Canik 2023. lots of new stuff very interesting a very fast growing company the fact that over 50 countries use Canik as law enforcement duty Pistols ..
more than just Canik in this video but there's a fairly long segment about them... a bit about Tisas also

Originally Posted by ldholton

I don't know that I would say parts are non-existent. they may not be as readily available here yet as they will be. just watching a video on about Canik 2023. lots of new stuff very interesting a very fast growing company the fact that over 50 countries use Canik as law enforcement duty Pistols ..

Canik ( and if Sako is pronounced Seiko to you) the C is pronounced like the G in gemstone have been around for more than 10 years. Mine are almost that old. If you know of a source for ejectors and striker blocks -- please post.
Originally Posted by ldholton

Canik ( and if Sako is pronounced Seiko to you) the C is pronounced like the G in gemstone have been around for more than 10 years. Mine are almost that old. If you know of a source for ejectors and striker blocks -- please post.
are you in the us?
I'd start right here

https://www.canikusa.com/parts-accessories
Ive been on their "notify when in list for 2 years."

Numrich doesn't even have any used ones.
Ive been on their "notify when in list for 2 years."

Numrich doesn't even have any used ones.
I'm laid up right now from surgery I'll do some digging for you.
coven in the world sure did get things screwed up I'm sure some of it will get blamed on that .Canik is a big growing company it may take a while but I think you'll be okay .. totally understand it really sucks to have something you want to play with and you can't for that long a period of time.
have you emailed them and ask them a time frame? I know during the covid deal some companies just pretty much put stuff out of stock and only answered emails but that was normally with reloading supplies
No. -- the gun is so reasonable priced--I just bought another one
I like Caniks -- the blow out was my fault, sheared piece of bullet plating prevented full lock up. Didn't catch it during reloading.
Posted By: Redhill Re: Canik? - 05/03/23

Mine will function just fine with 124g reloads of many bullet types but seem to choke on the 147s.
Posted By: Etoh Re: Canik? - 05/07/23
Almost forgot (If allowed by RickBin)

If your interested in Canik check out Canik Fanatic Forum
Posted By: moosemike Re: Canik? - 05/08/23
Almost forgot (If allowed by RickBin)

If your interested in Canik check out Canik Fanatic Forum
Thanks
© 24hourcampfire