Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Etoh
Have the comp with a dot sight, and Elite. As with all striker fired they can fire if not in full lock up. (reloads-why Glock doesn't like reloads). the Comp is really fast (in the IPSC sense) has a Holosun Dot.

If you do have a kaboom, ejector and the striker block, replacement parts are nonexistent.-- Soooooo buy 2 of them.
I don't know that I would say parts are non-existent. they may not be as readily available here yet as they will be. just watching a video on about Canik 2023. lots of new stuff very interesting a very fast growing company the fact that over 50 countries use Canik as law enforcement duty Pistols ..

GB1

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
more than just Canik in this video but there's a fairly long segment about them... a bit about Tisas also

Last edited by ldholton; 05/03/23.
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by ldholton
Have the comp with a dot sight, and Elite. As with all striker fired they can fire if not in full lock up. (reloads-why Glock doesn't like reloads). the Comp is really fast (in the IPSC sense) has a Holosun Dot.

If you do have a kaboom, ejector and the striker block, replacement parts are nonexistent.-- Soooooo buy 2 of them.
I don't know that I would say parts are non-existent. they may not be as readily available here yet as they will be. just watching a video on about Canik 2023. lots of new stuff very interesting a very fast growing company the fact that over 50 countries use Canik as law enforcement duty Pistols ..

Canik ( and if Sako is pronounced Seiko to you) the C is pronounced like the G in gemstone have been around for more than 10 years. Mine are almost that old. If you know of a source for ejectors and striker blocks -- please post.

Most people don't have what it takes to get old
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by ldholton

Canik ( and if Sako is pronounced Seiko to you) the C is pronounced like the G in gemstone have been around for more than 10 years. Mine are almost that old. If you know of a source for ejectors and striker blocks -- please post.
are you in the us?
I'd start right here

https://www.canikusa.com/parts-accessories

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Ive been on their "notify when in list for 2 years."

Numrich doesn't even have any used ones.

IC B2

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Ive been on their "notify when in list for 2 years."

Numrich doesn't even have any used ones.
I'm laid up right now from surgery I'll do some digging for you.
coven in the world sure did get things screwed up I'm sure some of it will get blamed on that .Canik is a big growing company it may take a while but I think you'll be okay .. totally understand it really sucks to have something you want to play with and you can't for that long a period of time.
have you emailed them and ask them a time frame? I know during the covid deal some companies just pretty much put stuff out of stock and only answered emails but that was normally with reloading supplies

Last edited by ldholton; 05/03/23.
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
No. -- the gun is so reasonable priced--I just bought another one

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
I like Caniks -- the blow out was my fault, sheared piece of bullet plating prevented full lock up. Didn't catch it during reloading.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by moosemike
Originally Posted by Redhill
I think that the Canik line is a great value. You get a lotta gun for the bucks, and that is a choke point for some hard core purists. I have some Caniks and find them to be, as stated above, accurate, reliable, easy to shoot, very good triggers, and well made.

There are some howevers, the barrel does have a tight set of specs on it and it can choke on reloads that are not very very well made and that barrel can also struggle with some of the 147g slugs. The length of the ammo could be a concern and if the 147g bullets that are long ones, can be an issue if that is your favorite flavor of 9mm ammo.

Would I buy another Canik if it fit into my master plan of firearm needs ? Absolutely yes. There is an alure to a shiny super blued $3,000 1911 which is very understandable. And for others there is a need for a functioning, affordable, great value in a 9mm handgun. Different needs and wants and both are OK.
Yup. It didn't like my 147's. You were right. 115's it is

Mine will function just fine with 124g reloads of many bullet types but seem to choke on the 147s.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Almost forgot (If allowed by RickBin)

If your interested in Canik check out Canik Fanatic Forum

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Almost forgot (If allowed by RickBin)

If your interested in Canik check out Canik Fanatic Forum
Thanks

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

522 members (17Fan, 10gaugeman, 160user, 10gaugemag, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 68 invisible), 2,382 guests, and 1,162 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,319
Posts18,487,362
Members73,969
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.