Spyderco "rescue"

If I were to change, would probably be:
Glock 17
Milt Sparks Criterion IWB holster
Spare mag, same place
Can't live without my Swiss army knife
Spyderco Endura

What about you?
My carry guns(on-body) go from XDS .45 to a Glock 26 to an Smith .38. In my truck console is a Springer 1911 and in my wife's car a Glock 19, all fully loaded with two full reloads for each. Each room in the house and garage have their own armament...

standing back looking at this list, I need more guns
4 inch XDs in 45 maybe? I had the 3.3 but the trigger was terrible and it was difficult getting loaded ammo out of the chamber with the short slide stroke.

I'd like to have a 1911 with a 4" barrel and an Officers size gripe frame. I see Kimber makes one but I wouldn't buy a Kimber.

A Smith 629 Mountain Gun in 44 mag with short grips would be cool.
If it were socially acceptable I'd wear a top hat and carry a shillelagh everywhere I went.

Because beating an active-shooter to death would be a lot cooler than shooting one.

I also wish white people could grow afros. Because I'd be an afro sportin' [bleep].

Travis
" I also wish white people could grow afros. Because I'd be an afro sportin' [bleep]."

It would make you part of the "Brady Bunch as well....
Marsha and the mom and Alice would be playin' tug o' war. With my dong.

Travis
It's called a perm Travis, Google ELO for pics.

I carry a M36 2" blued squarebutt and a handful of loose assorted 38 shells in my coat pocket. A 30 year old Camillus Yellow Jacket trapper in my pocket. Chapstick, three pounds of spare change, one to three cans of Copenhagen snuff, and a keyring to make a janitor jealous.

Imagine if I had to change that lineup I'd buy a 442, Blistex, my GEC bone handle folder, and Days Work plug tobacco. And maybe trade that change in for bills.

Not planning on getting in any running gun battles, if I do I'm running to my truck which usually has a rifle of some sort and plenty of assorted ammo rolling around in the floorboard. My plan for a bad scenario is to shoot while I'm getting the fuuckk out of wherever I'm at, may not be the best plan but sure as hell beats fighting to the death with my fingernails.
Originally Posted by deflave
If it were socially acceptable I'd wear a top hat and carry a shillelagh everywhere I went.

Because beating an active-shooter to death would be a lot cooler than shooting one.

I also wish white people could grow afros. Because I'd be an afro sportin' [bleep].

Travis
You and Richard Simmons...
[Linked Image]
What would you carry if you didn't carry what you're carrying now?

Something else...
I already have options.
[Linked Image]
I carry a Kimber Custom Shop Pro Lightweight 1911 Commander in 45 acp daily. And usually have a S&W Bodygaurd in my front pocket as a BUG.

If I could carry anything I wanted, it would be a Glock 18 with the selector switch and a couple of extra 33 round mags. cool
A 10mm and tatted up guns
Something else.

An amazing death ray would be nice, otherwise who cares?
Sittin here in my boxers and what Im packing is not lethel, but fun to shoot. My G19 is #2
^^^

Snubby
Not even a sixshooter any more.
Marsha and the mom and Alice would be playin' tug o' war. With my dong.

Travis

As it turns out, so would the Dad...

sick
[Linked Image]
Something high on the retirement list is to get my CCW.
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi

Suns out, guns out.

Travis
I'm good with the Glock 17, or 22. Carry them a lot concealed, and open carry out of town.

For a dedicated concealed carry, I might roll with a Glock 19, or 23.

I've been carrying the full-size Glocks for going on 20 years now of licensed CC. Well, except for some time spent in CA.

With all that familiarity and muscle memory it would seem senseless to change to another type of pistol just because it is the current flavor of the month.
Currently a Khar CW-45 as my dedicated concealed carry. As al alternative, either my Glock 31 or 1911 Colt Commander. j

Travis
Dood, you're friggin hilarious!
Originally Posted by Steelhead
[Linked Image]
Okay, I got a story for ya. When Arkansas fist became a shall issue state, the law said any concealable firearm and they just left it at that. So a friend of mine has a HUGE collection of machineguns and he owns a mini-uzi and a couple of MP5k's. Well word got out that he occasionally carried his MP5k and mini-uzi in a shoulder holster from time to time and soon after they amended the law to say any concealable handgun, and specifically forbade anything full auto.
[Linked Image]
NICE!!! I picked up one of the factory threaded 22/45's, now I just need to get one of those "thread protectors" that you have. Suppressed Rugers are just too much fun.
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Currently a Khar CW-45 as my dedicated concealed carry. As al alternative, either my Glock 31 or 1911 Colt Commander. j
I reviewed one of the very first Khar .45's for American Handgunner when they first came out; that's a hell of a pistol. I sent a check back instead of the gun. One thing Khar really gets is ergonomics; their pistols just feel fantastic in the hand. I added some night sights, and took the edges off the slide stop, and carried the hell out of it. Nice gun sir.
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi

Suns out, guns out.

Travis

Is that a quartet song?
I'm carrying my 40 cal Shield and have been for the last few weeks , if switching the it would be my Springfield XD-S 3.3 in 45 ACP
Now, 1911 in Milt Sparks VM II, one to two extra eight round mags depending on where I am going.

If I were to change it would be something along the lines of a old style Ruger Vaquero in 45 LC with a 4-5/8" barrel.
[Linked Image]

When did you become a cool kid?

Travis

What would you carry if you didn't carry what you're carrying now?

Seems to me that most carry what they would be carring.
[Linked Image]

When did you become a cool kid?

Travis

Google is your friend.
Around the house; usually a G-42, x mag, Spyderco Endura, small light. There are rifles and shotguns handy as well.

When out;G-27, IWB/pocket,x mag, BM Triage, Wave & 3 AAA light.
On occasion I carry an expandable baton, especially if there are certain types of dogs I know of on my walks.

If I changed, it would be to my G-19,IWB holster, spare mag, BM Griptilian, Wave and 3AAA light,

I fantasize about carrying two LW Commanders Mexican style but I don't think I would gain much except sagging pants.

It is tough for me to imagine much improvement over a G-19/23.
I am thinking my Kahr CW9.
I would probably carry something else if I wasn't carrying what I carry now..

laugh laugh

(sorry - I just HADDA...)
If I didn't carry my Beretta 92F, I would probably go with a Sig Saur P226. I am used to a TDA style pistol. If I had to go to a striker fired polymer pistol, probably the Glock 17 or the Smith&Wesson M&P 9.
I have several options , but mostly carry glock 30 as I have for years. I do have an itch to get a sig 320 , but seeems the 45 version is not out yet , I recon a 40 would do
[Linked Image]

Looks like fun.
Im stuck with glock but would go the MP line if possible. I am a big fan of a manual safety for both retention and holstering issues.
I'm maybe a bit different. To me, a daily carry weapon is not so much about self defense as it is about a do-it-all weapon for edible game or varmit control.

Around the house I normally carry a SAA in .45 Colt.....occasionally a SAA in .32-20. Both will take a rabbit or in a pinch a deer or hog. If.....and that's a mighty big if....I felt the need for a self defense weapon I do sometimes carry a 1911 in .45 ACP or an EAA Witness in 10mm. Both will still take an edible small animal (if you place your shots carefully) or take any varmits I encounter.

I guess if I HAD to carry for self defense, it would be the 1911. Can't think of anything better.
Colt Commander LW .45 ACP in Andrews Leather MacDaniel II
Gerber, Applegate-Fairbairn Covert

When I move to my Florida Gulf Coast condo, Beretta Tomcat .32ACP in DeSantis pocket holster or DeSantis fannypack.
Gerber, Applegate-Fairbairn Covert
Instead of a G23 I've been thinking larger frame smaller cartridge. As in Browning Hi-Power. Those are neat dang pistols. And for those deep dark undercover days a single stack Glock 9mm. Some day.
I like the G23 but would do a Sig 229 or HK Compact
My carrying is limited as I do not have a CCW permit yet.

I do have a vintage Beretta 92SB Compact M, 9MM (single stack mag) that finds its way into my jacket pocket occasionally.

> http://www.berettacollection.com/dave1/Picture33.jpg <
Originally Posted by P_Weed

I do have a vintage Beretta 92SB Compact M, 9MM (single stack mag) that finds its way into my jacket pocket occasionally.

Wow, now there's a pistol I haven't seen in like 25 years. Saw one when they first came out. Went to a shooting school and saw another, and that was the last time I've ever seen one. Cool.
Originally Posted by GunGeek
Originally Posted by jorgeI
I reviewed one of the very first Khar .45's for American Handgunner when they first came out; that's a hell of a pistol. I sent a check back instead of the gun. One thing Khar really gets is ergonomics; their pistols just feel fantastic in the hand. I added some night sights, and took the edges off the slide stop, and carried the hell out of it. Nice gun sir.

I think of the Khars as a "Skinny Glock". I'd love to carry my 1911 Commander, but it's just too nice of a gun to trash for everyday use. The Khar makes for a nice, compact and reliable package. But it's also hard to beat that Glock 31 with ALL those 357 sigs in the mag!
Currently a Dan Wesson PM7 10mm in a milt sparks vm2 cordivan.

Possible replacements would be a Wilson or Baer full size. Maybe an S&W 625 (45LC) mountain gun if I was feeling sassy.
an 870
A Browning BDM 15-round 9mm is what I take on my daily commute. When out and about in the evenings and weekends I carry a S&W MP Shield in .40S&W. Both have had trigger work done on them. Until I got the S&W I carried a Walther PPK/s in .380.

If I was to carry something else it would be – and sometimes is – my stock Kimber Compact in .45.

All get Barnes TAC-XPD loads.
I've been carrying a Shield in 9mm for a couple of years in a PJ Kydex IWB holster and a Benchmade knife of some sort.

I sometimes carry my S&W 640-1 just because but I really see no need to switch from the Shield for every day concealed carry. If I knew I was going to a high risk area, probably my Sig 228.
Either a witness protection Ithaca 37
or a Ingram M10 Operational Briefcase.
Originally Posted by P_Weed

That's a nice little gun, sir. I keep hoping I'll run across one of those at a decent price to go with my 2 M9's.

Gun show this weekend.. who knows?

Travis

I can't believe that you are concerned about being socially acceptable while beating someone to death.
I've really grown to like my EDC, which is a Model 13 S&W loaded up with 135 grain Gold Dot .38 Special, in a Milt Sparks VM II, backed up by six spare on a speed strip in the change pocket of my jeans. Knife is an old lightweight Gerber lockblade acquired in the 1980s. The light is Streamlight Microstream clipped to the inside of my main pants pocket. Seems like a couple years now, at least, that's been my setup. If someone stole the M13 I'd likely carry my Model 65 instead. grin
It just sort of hit me that i'm going to have to put some thought into what i'll be carrying after Feb. 10

For the life of me and all practicality. I think the best way to go is buy a .357 Sig barrel for my G23 and spend some money on a good IWB holster for it.
My everyday carry is a Kimber Pro Carry. I'm saving my pennies for a G19.
If I wasn't carrying my S&W Series E Commander 1911, I'd go back to my Ruger GP100.

It's a SS, 4". The the action has been shimmed, polished and timed.
© 24hourcampfire