Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Im stuck with glock but would go the MP line if possible. I am a big fan of a manual safety for both retention and holstering issues.

Hunt hard, kill clean, waste nothing and offer no apologies.

"In rifle work, group size is of some interest...but it is well to remember that a rifleman does not shoot groups, he shoots shots." Jeff Cooper

GB1

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I'm maybe a bit different. To me, a daily carry weapon is not so much about self defense as it is about a do-it-all weapon for edible game or varmit control.

Around the house I normally carry a SAA in .45 Colt.....occasionally a SAA in .32-20. Both will take a rabbit or in a pinch a deer or hog. If.....and that's a mighty big if....I felt the need for a self defense weapon I do sometimes carry a 1911 in .45 ACP or an EAA Witness in 10mm. Both will still take an edible small animal (if you place your shots carefully) or take any varmits I encounter.

I guess if I HAD to carry for self defense, it would be the 1911. Can't think of anything better.

I hate change, it's never for the better.... Grumpy Old Men
The more I learn, the more I realize how little I know
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Colt Commander LW .45 ACP in Andrews Leather MacDaniel II
Gerber, Applegate-Fairbairn Covert

When I move to my Florida Gulf Coast condo, Beretta Tomcat .32ACP in DeSantis pocket holster or DeSantis fannypack.
Gerber, Applegate-Fairbairn Covert

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Instead of a G23 I've been thinking larger frame smaller cartridge. As in Browning Hi-Power. Those are neat dang pistols. And for those deep dark undercover days a single stack Glock 9mm. Some day.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I like the G23 but would do a Sig 229 or HK Compact

IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
My carrying is limited as I do not have a CCW permit yet.

I do have a vintage Beretta 92SB Compact M, 9MM (single stack mag) that finds its way into my jacket pocket occasionally.

> http://www.berettacollection.com/dave1/Picture33.jpg <

GunGeek Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by P_Weed

I do have a vintage Beretta 92SB Compact M, 9MM (single stack mag) that finds its way into my jacket pocket occasionally.

Wow, now there's a pistol I haven't seen in like 25 years. Saw one when they first came out. Went to a shooting school and saw another, and that was the last time I've ever seen one. Cool.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by GunGeek
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Currently a Khar CW-45 as my dedicated concealed carry. As al alternative, either my Glock 31 or 1911 Colt Commander. j
I reviewed one of the very first Khar .45's for American Handgunner when they first came out; that's a hell of a pistol. I sent a check back instead of the gun. One thing Khar really gets is ergonomics; their pistols just feel fantastic in the hand. I added some night sights, and took the edges off the slide stop, and carried the hell out of it. Nice gun sir.

I think of the Khars as a "Skinny Glock". I'd love to carry my 1911 Commander, but it's just too nice of a gun to trash for everyday use. The Khar makes for a nice, compact and reliable package. But it's also hard to beat that Glock 31 with ALL those 357 sigs in the mag!

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Currently a Dan Wesson PM7 10mm in a milt sparks vm2 cordivan.

Possible replacements would be a Wilson or Baer full size. Maybe an S&W 625 (45LC) mountain gun if I was feeling sassy.

Brandon Gleason
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
an 870

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A Browning BDM 15-round 9mm is what I take on my daily commute. When out and about in the evenings and weekends I carry a S&W MP Shield in .40S&W. Both have had trigger work done on them. Until I got the S&W I carried a Walther PPK/s in .380.

If I was to carry something else it would be – and sometimes is – my stock Kimber Compact in .45.

All get Barnes TAC-XPD loads.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.
T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I've been carrying a Shield in 9mm for a couple of years in a PJ Kydex IWB holster and a Benchmade knife of some sort.

I sometimes carry my S&W 640-1 just because but I really see no need to switch from the Shield for every day concealed carry. If I knew I was going to a high risk area, probably my Sig 228.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Either a witness protection Ithaca 37
or a Ingram M10 Operational Briefcase.

I like to do my hunting BEFORE I pull the trigger!
There is only one kind of dead, but there are many different kinds of wounded.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by P_Weed

That's a nice little gun, sir. I keep hoping I'll run across one of those at a decent price to go with my 2 M9's.

Gun show this weekend.. who knows?

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by deflave
If it were socially acceptable I'd wear a top hat and carry a shillelagh everywhere I went.

Because beating an active-shooter to death would be a lot cooler than shooting one.

I also wish white people could grow afros. Because I'd be an afro sportin' [bleep].

Travis

I can't believe that you are concerned about being socially acceptable while beating someone to death.

I like to do my hunting BEFORE I pull the trigger!
There is only one kind of dead, but there are many different kinds of wounded.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I've really grown to like my EDC, which is a Model 13 S&W loaded up with 135 grain Gold Dot .38 Special, in a Milt Sparks VM II, backed up by six spare on a speed strip in the change pocket of my jeans. Knife is an old lightweight Gerber lockblade acquired in the 1980s. The light is Streamlight Microstream clipped to the inside of my main pants pocket. Seems like a couple years now, at least, that's been my setup. If someone stole the M13 I'd likely carry my Model 65 instead. grin

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
It just sort of hit me that i'm going to have to put some thought into what i'll be carrying after Feb. 10

For the life of me and all practicality. I think the best way to go is buy a .357 Sig barrel for my G23 and spend some money on a good IWB holster for it.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My everyday carry is a Kimber Pro Carry. I'm saving my pennies for a G19.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
If I wasn't carrying my S&W Series E Commander 1911, I'd go back to my Ruger GP100.

It's a SS, 4". The the action has been shimmed, polished and timed.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

581 members (10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 1badf350, 1lesfox, 1234, 63 invisible), 2,652 guests, and 1,301 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,717
Posts18,514,165
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.