Home
Mine has all but fallen apart. Looking for recommendations from you guys..
As "uncool" as they might be (because they have the company logo on them), the MidwayUSA bags are well thought out and last forever. I have the medium one and the large one. You might not be one of the cool kids, but the large bag is pretty good. It comes with a second bag/tote, a couple pistol pouches, and excellent zippers. For the money, they're tough to trump. Here's a link. They're $70 today.

I also have a Boyt canvas bag with leather trim that is probably more than 10 years old. It too has held up great--the zippers all still work; no holes; nothing has torn, etc. I like it; it's just overpriced for its functionality. It looks like Midway is clearing them out--You can get one for $80.

Unigear 3 day assault bag.

40L holds plenty.
I’ve been using the Midway USA range bag for several years now. Great bag, lots of room to carry lots of stuff. No issues, no complaints.
Same. The medium size is a quality pistol range bag at any price, and a steal on sale.
a buddy of mine uses a tool bag that came with a dwalt cordles tool set. lots of room heavy cotton bag with pockets inside and out
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Mine has all but fallen apart. Looking for recommendations from you guys..

I'm in the same boat. Love my range bag. It's been a mainstay of my range visits for some thirty years or more. Gradually, the plastic parts are just disintegrating, and some tears have shown here and there in the fabric. I've looked for something just like it, but they don't seem to make them like that anymore.
Originally Posted by Waders
As "uncool" as they might be (because they have the company logo on them), the MidwayUSA bags are well thought out and last forever. I have the medium one and the large one. You might not be one of the cool kids, but the large bag is pretty good. It comes with a second bag/tote, a couple pistol pouches, and excellent zippers. For the money, they're tough to trump. Here's a link. They're $70 today.

I also have a Boyt canvas bag with leather trim that is probably more than 10 years old. It too has held up great--the zippers all still work; no holes; nothing has torn, etc. I like it; it's just overpriced for its functionality. It looks like Midway is clearing them out--You can get one for $80.

That Midway bag does seem like the ticket. Not as well thought out as the one I have, though.
Thanks, folks. That Midway bag might be the ticket. How's this:

Osage Gear

Osage Gear

I like that better, Jorge, because of the separation of the interior for multiple handguns. That's more like the one I've had for years.
I prefer a bag that hold its shape so I use catalog cases instead of the typically range bag. I have a half dozen for various tasks.

Solo Catalog Case

[Linked Image from images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com]

I've never liked the removable dividers--they're never in the right place and end up too flimsy.

Get what you will enjoy, but the Midway bag has 2 removable pouches that slip in from the top on special side pockets (that the pics don't show well on the web site. It's easy to pack 2 pistols in the pouches and 2 other guns along side in the pockets, plus a pistol or two in the main compartment. I don't typically carry more than 3 handguns along on any single trip to the range, however, so the capacity isn't an issue for me. But, I think you'll find the Midway bag offers more space, because your first 4 pistols are in the side pockets, leaving the entire main compartment available for all your crap! smile

But again, you only have to please yourself.
Originally Posted by Waders
I've never liked the removable dividers--they're never in the right place and end up too flimsy.

Get what you will enjoy, but the Midway bag has 2 removable pouches that slip in from the top on special side pockets (that the pics don't show well on the web site. It's easy to pack 2 pistols in the pouches and 2 other guns along side in the pockets, plus a pistol or two in the main compartment. I don't typically carry more than 3 handguns along on any single trip to the range, however, so the capacity isn't an issue for me. But, I think you'll find the Midway bag offers more space, because your first 4 pistols are in the side pockets, leaving the entire main compartment available for all your crap! smile

But again, you only have to please yourself.

Good points.

Osage Gear

I have one of those. Durable and has worked well for me. I use it a lot.
Here's the range bag I've been using forever, that's just starting to show its age.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Osage Gear

The Waxed Canvas bag on Midway looks really nice, out of stock though, I need to get a range bag too.
My best range bags are tool bags - from Menards or like stores. They are rugged, attractive, well designed, & relatively inexpensive.
Not ALL tool bags of course - but go look for yourself. I have 3 sizes of one particular bag and a friend bought even more for his needs.

Many models open squarely, exposing the uniform inside pockets that perfectly accommodate individual boxes of ammunition or mags.
The open center space(depending on the bag's size) will accommodate handguns in their original case or in a zippered soft case.

I have an Orca Tactical range bag that is very nicely made and has a nice layout!
THank you all.
When you guys talk about Midway's large and medium bags, the large is their Competition Range Bag System, and the "medium" is their Two Pistol Range bag, right?

I'm using a cheap generic nylon carryall and could really stand to upgrade and that Competition system looks pretty good. It will probably be too much for me 90% of the time but better to have too much than not enough. Plus, following the Law of Available Space* it will be an excuse to fill it with more stuff. wink

Good thread. Been burdened with carrying the cheap carryall in one hand and a hard sided pistol case in the other and this has prompted me to get something decent that can be carried in one hand or over the shoulder.

* No matter how much space is available, stuff accumulates to 110% capacity of the available space.
I had no idea the Midway bags had gotten so expensive. I think they were $40-45 when they first came out. I think I'm on my third... through no fault of the bags. I turn mine sideways on the bench and use it as a rifle rest. People creeping backwards, getting the muzzle too far back and blasting holes in them keeps doing them in. laugh

When this one dies, I'll get another. be aware, it's a big damn bag.
I might be the uncoolist one of the bunch, but my Columbia bowling ball bag works pretty well for me smile
Lots to choose from here....

https://www.wiskurtactical.com/ctgy/RangeBags.html
One of the best BDay gifts from my wife. Room for 7 handguns, magazine pouches in 2, 6 pouches 3 on each end inside the bag, each bag is removable with carry straps and the 2 singles have a zippered pouch on the side. Zippered pouches on the outside of the 2 non removable, and 2 big pouches on both ends outside. Also came with a hard bottom brass ammo bag that takes the place of the 3 gun pouch in the center. Heavy duty zippers and everything is padded. Had this thing for 17 years now, never a problem or tear.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Osage Gear

I like that better, Jorge, because of the separation of the interior for multiple handguns. That's more like the one I've had for years.

Bag just showed up and I'm very pleased with it.
I love the old hard-bottomed Cabela's Blind Bags but I'm not sure if they're still available now that Bass Pro has been gutting out the Cabelas gear.
Jorge, did you go with the midway bag or the Osage gear bag?
The Osage and for the price, it is NICE. Lots of compartments and dividers for handguns plus magazine holders on both sides.
© 24hourcampfire