Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
jorgeI Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Mine has all but fallen apart. Looking for recommendations from you guys..

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
As "uncool" as they might be (because they have the company logo on them), the MidwayUSA bags are well thought out and last forever. I have the medium one and the large one. You might not be one of the cool kids, but the large bag is pretty good. It comes with a second bag/tote, a couple pistol pouches, and excellent zippers. For the money, they're tough to trump. Here's a link. They're $70 today.

I also have a Boyt canvas bag with leather trim that is probably more than 10 years old. It too has held up great--the zippers all still work; no holes; nothing has torn, etc. I like it; it's just overpriced for its functionality. It looks like Midway is clearing them out--You can get one for $80.

Last edited by Waders; 02/06/20. Reason: Added a link

Wade

"Let's Roll!" - Todd Beamer 9/11/01.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Unigear 3 day assault bag.

40L holds plenty.

Don't ask me about my military service or heroic acts...most of it is untrue.

Pronoun: Yes, SIR !
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I’ve been using the Midway USA range bag for several years now. Great bag, lots of room to carry lots of stuff. No issues, no complaints.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Same. The medium size is a quality pistol range bag at any price, and a steal on sale.

Golldammed motion detector lights. A guy can’t even piss off his porch in peace any more.

"Look, I want to help the helpless. It's the clueless I don't give a [bleep] about." - Dennis Miller on obamacare.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
a buddy of mine uses a tool bag that came with a dwalt cordles tool set. lots of room heavy cotton bag with pockets inside and out

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Mine has all but fallen apart. Looking for recommendations from you guys..

I'm in the same boat. Love my range bag. It's been a mainstay of my range visits for some thirty years or more. Gradually, the plastic parts are just disintegrating, and some tears have shown here and there in the fabric. I've looked for something just like it, but they don't seem to make them like that anymore.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Waders
As "uncool" as they might be (because they have the company logo on them), the MidwayUSA bags are well thought out and last forever. I have the medium one and the large one. You might not be one of the cool kids, but the large bag is pretty good. It comes with a second bag/tote, a couple pistol pouches, and excellent zippers. For the money, they're tough to trump. Here's a link. They're $70 today.

I also have a Boyt canvas bag with leather trim that is probably more than 10 years old. It too has held up great--the zippers all still work; no holes; nothing has torn, etc. I like it; it's just overpriced for its functionality. It looks like Midway is clearing them out--You can get one for $80.

That Midway bag does seem like the ticket. Not as well thought out as the one I have, though.

jorgeI Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Thanks, folks. That Midway bag might be the ticket. How's this:

Osage Gear

Last edited by jorgeI; 02/06/20.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Osage Gear

I like that better, Jorge, because of the separation of the interior for multiple handguns. That's more like the one I've had for years.

IC B3

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I prefer a bag that hold its shape so I use catalog cases instead of the typically range bag. I have a half dozen for various tasks.

Solo Catalog Case

[Linked Image from images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com]

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've never liked the removable dividers--they're never in the right place and end up too flimsy.

Get what you will enjoy, but the Midway bag has 2 removable pouches that slip in from the top on special side pockets (that the pics don't show well on the web site. It's easy to pack 2 pistols in the pouches and 2 other guns along side in the pockets, plus a pistol or two in the main compartment. I don't typically carry more than 3 handguns along on any single trip to the range, however, so the capacity isn't an issue for me. But, I think you'll find the Midway bag offers more space, because your first 4 pistols are in the side pockets, leaving the entire main compartment available for all your crap! smile

But again, you only have to please yourself.

Wade

"Let's Roll!" - Todd Beamer 9/11/01.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Waders
I've never liked the removable dividers--they're never in the right place and end up too flimsy.

Get what you will enjoy, but the Midway bag has 2 removable pouches that slip in from the top on special side pockets (that the pics don't show well on the web site. It's easy to pack 2 pistols in the pouches and 2 other guns along side in the pockets, plus a pistol or two in the main compartment. I don't typically carry more than 3 handguns along on any single trip to the range, however, so the capacity isn't an issue for me. But, I think you'll find the Midway bag offers more space, because your first 4 pistols are in the side pockets, leaving the entire main compartment available for all your crap! smile

But again, you only have to please yourself.

Good points.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

Osage Gear

I have one of those. Durable and has worked well for me. I use it a lot.

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Here's the range bag I've been using forever, that's just starting to show its age.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G

Osage Gear

The Waxed Canvas bag on Midway looks really nice, out of stock though, I need to get a range bag too.

Trump Won!
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
My best range bags are tool bags - from Menards or like stores. They are rugged, attractive, well designed, & relatively inexpensive.
Not ALL tool bags of course - but go look for yourself. I have 3 sizes of one particular bag and a friend bought even more for his needs.

Many models open squarely, exposing the uniform inside pockets that perfectly accommodate individual boxes of ammunition or mags.
The open center space(depending on the bag's size) will accommodate handguns in their original case or in a zippered soft case.

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
I have an Orca Tactical range bag that is very nicely made and has a nice layout!

jorgeI Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
THank you all.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When you guys talk about Midway's large and medium bags, the large is their Competition Range Bag System, and the "medium" is their Two Pistol Range bag, right?

I'm using a cheap generic nylon carryall and could really stand to upgrade and that Competition system looks pretty good. It will probably be too much for me 90% of the time but better to have too much than not enough. Plus, following the Law of Available Space* it will be an excuse to fill it with more stuff. wink

Good thread. Been burdened with carrying the cheap carryall in one hand and a hard sided pistol case in the other and this has prompted me to get something decent that can be carried in one hand or over the shoulder.

* No matter how much space is available, stuff accumulates to 110% capacity of the available space.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

225 members (300_savage, 264mag, 1_deuce, 204guy, 260Remguy, 26 invisible), 1,873 guests, and 1,107 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,756
Posts18,476,362
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.