Home
Friday I was in a large independant store here in MI(Jays in Clare MI Great store) and they had a used SP101 22 the first production a 6 shot for 300.00 Hogue grips no box. I thought that was great took it and put a box that day through it,of course it was great to shoot

Than Saturday I stopped at a local gun show and found a deal on a PMR30 (you dont hear both in the same sentence) I just played with it a bit and Yes I think they are worth it.It cycled just great (flings brass far)the trigger is really great the sights are good I shot about 40 rounds at 25 yards I cant say I was grouping real well but I think the gun is so light I need to get accustom to it
but my first impression its really cool
I read online fill both mags and you have the ultimate bug out back pack gun, maybe
I am pretty happy with the whole deal
I love 22s

Little old school little new school

Hank
Sounds like you got the boat anchor (Sp101) and a ultra light flyrod (PMR30).......from one extreme to the other.
Recently picked up a PMR30....fun gun and some serious fire power, feels like handling a plastic squirt gun grin
Originally Posted by mistem
feels like handling a plastic squirt gun grin

HAHA YES it does

Hank
no fly's on that sp101!
good buy on the sp101. they can use some trigger work, but ergos are spot on. and they dont wear out ...
I have the sp101 in 357. can wear it all day and have to be reminded( none to gently) by the wife to take it off before sitting in the recliner. sheesh! no humor! scratches just make leather look better don't you know?.
I never have owned a SP101 357 they seemed bulky and heavy to me last year I found a nice used one (no darn way to beat the little tank up anyway)and yes I do like it
I normally shoot 586/686s but this seems to be a nice cross between a J frame and K frame, again I dont think you could hurt one so I am starting loading that is where I test fire rounds
I just need some cool grip panels
Hank
You lucky turd, I can't even find a PMR30. Much less at a deal. I want one to put in my backpack when hiking cause its light and with 30 rounds of .22 mag you could kill a dang bear with it if you had to. Enjoy it.
Good fortune! I'm still looking for an old model SP101 in 22lr.
Originally Posted by seal_billy
You lucky turd, I can't even find a PMR30. Much less at a deal. I want one to put in my backpack when hiking cause its light and with 30 rounds of .22 mag you could kill a dang bear with it if you had to. Enjoy it.

agreed, been looking for one at a deal for a long time now
© 24hourcampfire